Options

'Sopranos' final season to begin April 8

Comments

• Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    Spoilers dude, watch it! :)

I'm not giving anything away.

By the way, does Mrs. YIH pronounce your name like Adriana does?

Chris•Ta•Pha

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    you should do yourself a favor and stop watching the hacked-up versions that a&e airs and watch them as they were intended to be viewed.

i have to agree. i can't watch those episodes. they're a mess with the dubbed in words and missing scenes.
  • Options
    I'm not giving anything away.

By the way, does Mrs. YIH pronounce your name like Adriana does?

Chris•Ta•Pha

PBM

I always thought it was "Chris-toe-fuh"
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • Options
    I always thought it was "Chris-toe-fuh"

Tomato/Tomata.

Bada Bing!

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• Options
    Tomato/Tomata.

Bada Bing!

PBM

Big Pussy is my favorite character. :)
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,458
    you should do yourself a favor and stop watching the hacked-up versions that a&e airs and watch them as they were intended to be viewed.

agreed on all counts. i like seeing them on tv on mondays and wednesdays just to reminice and see if i can decode stuff from back in the day. but nothing compares to the originals in the way they were meant to be seen.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    It starts in April? as for spoilers if you havent seen it by now...oh well
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    KellerKeller Posts: 177
    holy shit how hot is that italian chick that tony is imagining while hes on all those pills?

Does anyone have a pic of her? I think she has to be one of the top 5 hottest chicks ever.
    "Be what you want to be, see what you came to see"
  • Options
    CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,253
    Keller wrote:
    holy shit how hot is that italian chick that tony is imagining while hes on all those pills?

Does anyone have a pic of her? I think she has to be one of the top 5 hottest chicks ever.

I'm with you there brother!
  • Options
    I just rented the first half of the first season and damn, after watching the originals, that A&E crap will come to an end. I cannot believe all that they cut out. Plus when little Anthony Soprano says "fuck" I laugh my ass off. Call me slow on getting to the Soprano's, but now I'm addicted.
  • Options
    elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    Keller wrote:

she was a beauty
    I saw some italian film set during the 2ndWW she was in, cannot recall what it was called but it was quite big.

seem to notice sopranos charcters all over the place, like the female boss in naples (commandatori episode) is a regular on one of the CSIs.

Ive got the box sets of seasons1-5, they arent showing it on tv anymore so Im waiting till I can afford 6 when the price comes down. by which time the final 8 will probably have surfaced, be nice to have them all lined up--Ill watch 3episodes daily.
    Gather that season6 was a dissapointment, I thought 5 was a letdown in parts....like the episode where tony meets an old flame of his dads,that was the first time Ive been a little bored by the show though it was salvaged by the christopher storyline.
  • Options
    Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
    libragirl wrote:
    It starts in April? as for spoilers if you havent seen it by now...oh well
    Wow.. I hoped it would start somewhere sooner... I've started rewatching all episodes chronologically and there's so much you miss when you see it just once. Love this show!
    your light's reflected now
  • Options
    I just rented the first half of the first season and damn, after watching the originals, that A&E crap will come to an end. I cannot believe all that they cut out. Plus when little Anthony Soprano says "fuck" I laugh my ass off. Call me slow on getting to the Soprano's, but now I'm addicted.

so no fuckin' ziti?
    "let's hug it out, bitch."

"and onward goes this thing of ours."
  • Options
    I wonder how theyll end the show ??? Like will some outstanding problems be resolved and that'll be it, them all gathered at Tonys?
    Or perhaps tony gets whacked or some other tragic event, nah surely not like that..........then again when christopher got shot he told paulie "3o'clock" was a message from the afterlife, the russian guy they left in the pine barrens could surface, clip em all, you think WTF, then the camera pans to a clock.............
  • Options
    Furio's gotta come back and that Russian thing will come back to bite them in the ass.

PBM

• Options
    so no fuckin' ziti?

Exactly! And could you please shut the fuck up!
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,693
    Is there another trailer for the new season besides the one with Tony looking out over the water and lines from the show playing over it?

It is less than a month to the new season, you would think they would have a trailer with new scenes in it.

I guess it would be cool if they didn't show one new scene until it aired but that would be hard.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,918
    i thought last season was crap...............
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    i thought last season was crap...............

I wasn't too pleased with it either, but I've been revisiting it over the past few weeks through repeats on HBO and I've decided that either:

a.) It wasn't as bad as I thought

or

b. ) I'm ready for new episodes, so the old ones are refreshing to watch and get me back in the mood.

I wish they would never have killed off Ralph. Joey Pants nailed that character.

PBM

• Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    culot4 wrote:
    Yeah but that would probably mean waiting another two years for them to film an entire season. Nothing in Sopranoland is ever done quickly. I'm pretty sure the reason it was delayed already was because of contract disputes. These were major characters, not just secondary ones like Uncle Junior or something. I remember reading Sil, Paulie, and Melfi at one point being considered to be written out of the show. How the hell can you just write out Sil and Paulie, it would never work. The problem with last season is how they just wrote Meadow out of the show. One minute she was there, the next minute she was in California with Finn. The only other time you heard about her was in the finale when she was on the phone at Christmas. You didn't see her, or hear her voice, or anything.

I don't follow the behind the scenes. Was Meadow written out due to a contract issue or something else?
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,693
    I wasn't too pleased with it either, but I've been revisiting it over the past few weeks through repeats on HBO and I've decided that either:

a.) It wasn't as bad as I thought

or

b. ) I'm ready for new episodes, so the old ones are refreshing to watch and get me back in the mood.

I wish they would never have killed off Ralph. Joey Pants nailed that character.

PBM

Yeah I watched some of the reruns of the episodes when Tony was in the coma and really liked them.

I know it wasn't last season but the episode when they kill Adriana is one of the best episodes of any series every put on television.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    Looks like I've got less than a month to watch 4 seasons. Just finished season 1 last week and am addicted. I came late into the Sopranos game but love it!
  • Options
    nothingman44nothingman44 Posts: 1,495
    sweet!

HBOs movies are awful lately. the only reason i still have HBO is for the sopranos.
  • Options
    Lukin639Lukin639 Posts: 72
    Good call. I personally can't wait for all of the good spring time t.v. this year.
    The Sopranos, Entourage, Deadliest Catch, Southpark, Bullshit and the list goes on and on..

I think it is a shame that HBO shit canned Deadwood. I miss that show already. Fucking Jerks. :)
    All above material copyrighted, 2013, Lukin639.
    All rights reserved..most rights reserved...no rights reserved...,2013.
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    mookie9999 wrote:
    I don't follow the behind the scenes. Was Meadow written out due to a contract issue or something else?

I have no idea. She was a way more interesting character than retarded AJ as far as Tony's kids go I thought.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    can't wait!
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    mookie9999 wrote:

I think David Chase just didn't utilize her last season. Since she isn't living at home or even in Jersey there wasn't much for her character to do.
  • Options
    theyve just started showing series6 over here on terrestrial tv, seen the first episode and liked it though Ive heard all the negative comments about the season as a whole. series 5 wasnt all that, but then the first three seasons are pretty hard to top

I find AJ and Meadow to be not the most interesting of charcters.
  • Options
    elmer wrote:
    theyve just started showing series6 over here on terrestrial tv, seen the first episode and liked it though Ive heard all the negative comments about the season as a whole. series 5 wasnt all that, but then the first three seasons are pretty hard to top

I find AJ and Meadow to be not the most interesting of charcters.

To me their the annoying characters.
  • Options
    I've read some potential spoilers for this last season...interesting storylines if they are true.

PBM