Options

'Sopranos' final season to begin April 8

Comments

• Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    I thought there were only 8 episodes left.....this story says 9??

Either way i am really excited to see how it all ends.
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    Since January meant April, April probably means August.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    I thought there were only 8 episodes left.....this story says 9??

Either way i am really excited to see how it all ends.

i heard it was 8, and season 6 just ran a full 13-epsiode season, so technically--even if it is a short season--it's season 7 that premieres in april.
    "let's hug it out, bitch."

"and onward goes this thing of ours."
  • Options
    It might be a 2 episode finale.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    culot4 wrote:
    It might be a 2 episode finale.

they might as well just do a full 13, so we get the full-arc feeling of a true season of the sopranos.

• Options
    I've always loved this show, but I can't help thinking they've been stretching it a little bit the last season or two. Especially after Steve Buscemi was dropped, I haven't felt the same way about it. Still, better than most of the shite on telly these days.
  • Options
    they might as well just do a full 13, so we get the full-arc feeling of a true season of the sopranos.

Yeah but that would probably mean waiting another two years for them to film an entire season. Nothing in Sopranoland is ever done quickly. I'm pretty sure the reason it was delayed already was because of contract disputes. These were major characters, not just secondary ones like Uncle Junior or something. I remember reading Sil, Paulie, and Melfi at one point being considered to be written out of the show. How the hell can you just write out Sil and Paulie, it would never work. The problem with last season is how they just wrote Meadow out of the show. One minute she was there, the next minute she was in California with Finn. The only other time you heard about her was in the finale when she was on the phone at Christmas. You didn't see her, or hear her voice, or anything.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    I seem to remember from the end of last season the Chase said the final season would be very violent or some thing like that.
  • Options
    culot4 wrote:
    Yeah but that would probably mean waiting another two years for them to film an entire season. Nothing in Sopranoland is ever done quickly. I'm pretty sure the reason it was delayed already was because of contract disputes. These were major characters, not just secondary ones like Uncle Junior or something. I remember reading Sil, Paulie, and Melfi at one point being considered to be written out of the show. How the hell can you just write out Sil and Paulie, it would never work. The problem with last season is how they just wrote Meadow out of the show. One minute she was there, the next minute she was in California with Finn. The only other time you heard about her was in the finale when she was on the phone at Christmas. You didn't see her, or hear her voice, or anything.

they claimed that they delay was due to a knee injury suffered by gandolfini.

i consider meadow much less of a significant charachter than uncle joon. mefli...never...can't see it. hard to see it w/o sil or p. walnuts either.

• Options

i consider meadow much less of a significant charachter than uncle joon. mefli...never...can't see it. hard to see it w/o sil or p. walnuts either.

I thought Meadow was a pretty important character. They kept throwing around these hints last season that Meadow would somehow be involved in Tony's business. The Johnny Sack episode at the wedding where shere she acts disguted about how the federal government is treating him, and when she gets the internship at the law office, there is a comment made that led me to believe she would never be taken seriously because of who her father is. To me that would have been a very interesting storyline to see Meadow become Tony's lawyer. Instead we're stuck with idiot AJ and his Puerto Rican girlfriend. At least Vito is dead, so there will be no more Johnnycakes.
  • Options
    culot4 wrote:
    I thought Meadow was a pretty important character. They kept throwing around these hints last season that Meadow would somehow be involved in Tony's business. The Johnny Sack episode at the wedding where shere she acts disguted about how the federal government is treating him, and when she gets the internship at the law office, there is a comment made that led me to believe she would never be taken seriously because of who her father is. To me that would have been a very interesting storyline to see Meadow become Tony's lawyer. Instead we're stuck with idiot AJ and his Puerto Rican girlfriend. At least Vito is dead, so there will be no more Johnnycakes.

meadow's character is in college and very politically verbal. the writers used it as a vehicle to inject their political views into the show. she said carmela didn't relate to black people clinging to logs after carmela said she voted for bush. there's a couple of others that i can't think of at the moment, but she's a completely anciallry character.

• Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    I KNEW you'd have the answer to this. My roommate and I were looking everywhere for the date of the first new epi. I told her I had a friend who would know for sure. I was right.
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    Gee let me guess....a lot of people get whacked in the final season.
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    I KNEW you'd have the answer to this. My roommate and I were looking everywhere for the date of the first new epi. I told her I had a friend who would know for sure. I was right.
    You know I'm always here to help. ;)
  • Options
    I got season Six part 1 for Christmas and finally finished watching it....fuckin awesome.

I don't get HBO so I can't wait for the box set to come out....I'll just have to wait forever!
    Opinions are like assholes, everyones got one.

"do gay midgets come out of the cupboard"
    ~CreedDisease~

10/27/06
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    aNiMaL wrote:
    You know I'm always here to help. ;)

I wouldn't go as far as to say "always".
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    About time!

Let's get to.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options

Believe it or not, he injured it riding a Vespa scooter.

I'd like to see video footage of that. :p
    www.PintoMusic.com
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
  • Options
    BUMP

I've been watching the early episodes trying to get caught up before the last part of the season starts in April. Also have been watching Season 6 again via reruns.

What a fucking awesome show.
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • Options
    CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,253
    BUMP

I've been watching the early episodes trying to get caught up before the last part of the season starts in April. Also have been watching Season 6 again via reruns.

What a fucking awesome show.

Me too, never watched it in my life until A&E put it on. Now I am addicted. I freaking love this show. I've got a lot of catching up to do!
  • Options
    Me too, never watched it in my life until A&E put it on. Now I am addicted. I freaking love this show. I've got a lot of catching up to do!

I'm catching up via DVD. I can't handle the editing or commercials. I'm up to Season 2, episode 2 after two weeks.
  • Options
    I'm catching up via DVD. I can't handle the editing or commercials. I'm up to Season 2, episode 2 after two weeks.

I'm going to do that this weekend. It's just not the same without the swearing. Are you renting it or bought the box set?
  • Options
    I'm going to do that this weekend. It's just not the same without the swearing. Are you renting it or bought the box set?

At Family Video here in Des Moines, they rent out each 4 episode disc for $1!
    Pretty good deal, except the one I have right now is totally scratched up and doesn't work.
  • Options

you should do yourself a favor and stop watching the hacked-up versions that a&e airs and watch them as they were intended to be viewed.

• Options
    vmfuryvmfury Posts: 1,079
    you should do yourself a favor and stop watching the hacked-up versions that a&e airs and watch them as they were intended to be viewed.

ABSOLUTELY.

Oooh....I can't wait for it to come back. GOOD times. :)
    Shut the fuck up, stupid.
    ~ Ice Queen
  • Options

After I saw a scene get chopped up last night, I realize I have to just go rent the real thing!
  • Options
    After I saw a scene get chopped up last night, I realize I have to just go rent the real thing!

you should sign up for a free blockbuster ot netflix trial if you haven't done so already. it's a great way to catch up on the sopranos. after blockbuster rolled out the total access program, i was able to get another 2-week free trial.

• Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    8 more weeks to go.

I wasn't a fan of last season, but I've been rewatching a lot of the episodes on HBO over the past few weeks and they do stand up.

As I've told YIH, the season with Joey Pants (as Ralph) and Pie-O-My (the horse) was great.

Paulie saving Tony's picture with the horse and hanging it in his living room was hilarious.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    This is the last season right? I do hope it was better then the last one. It was disappointing after waiting so long.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    8 more weeks to go.

I wasn't a fan of last season, but I've been rewatching a lot of the episodes on HBO over the past few weeks and they do stand up.

As I've told YIH, the season with Joey Pants (as Ralph) and Pie-O-My (the horse) was great.

Paulie saving Tony's picture with the horse and hanging it in his living room was hilarious.

PBM

Spoilers dude, watch it! :)