Options

'Sopranos' final season to begin April 8

Comments

• Options
    kidapollokidapollo Posts: 75
    That episode was like a night out with my last girlfriend ... boring and anticlimatic. Think back on this season, nothing really happened of any consequence once Tony was out of the coma. They started off with a bang and so much promise (again, like my last girlfriend) and then the whole fizzled into shit that I shoulnd't have found the time to care about.

What happened to the FBI who were gathering info on Tony?

I think they could have put the stuff from the final eight episodes into this season, then maybe spread some of that money over to "Deadwood" rather than cut it short. HBO's crown is starting to get a little tarnished.
    I MET SIR MIKE F'N McCREADY!!!!!!!!
    (Added to my sig as per SENROCK'S suggestion)

"No time to be void, or save up on life ... you got to spend it all."

*Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member #0020

Last Exit: Pittsburgh
    Next Stop: ???
  • Options
    AllNiteThingAllNiteThing Posts: 1,114
    It's turned into an f'n soap opera. It's all about their sex lives, women on the side, etc. Where's the racketeering, the gun fights, the informants? I know it's all been done before, and they want to 'branch out' and be intelligent, but mix it up a little at least. This has become a boring daytime drama. Bleh. Can't wait for next season though. :D
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    It's turned into an f'n soap opera. It's all about their sex lives, women on the side, etc. Where's the racketeering, the gun fights, the informants? I know it's all been done before, and they want to 'branch out' and be intelligent, but mix it up a little at least. This has become a boring daytime drama. Bleh. Can't wait for next season though. :D

yep me too can't wait again for the final 8. The frozen head thing was funny tonight.
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    kidapollo wrote:
    HBO's crown is starting to get a little tarnished.

I wouldn't say all that..New Entourage starts next week and they're doing a new season of The Wire this fall.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    AllNiteThingAllNiteThing Posts: 1,114
    Honestly I thought Chris was going to get whacked at the diner. It seemed like something was coming with that scene, but again nothing. If they had put that in the episode, shown more of Phil and his crew talking shit about Tony, and cut out AJ's bs storyline, it would have been great. Then the next season could have been the NJ/NY war or whatever. Would have been great. But, no. I feel like these writers are getting lazy or something. Maybe scared to do anything major.
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
  • Options
    StoneG82StoneG82 Posts: 806
    Honestly I thought Chris was going to get whacked at the diner. It seemed like something was coming with that scene, but again nothing. If they had put that in the episode, shown more of Phil and his crew talking shit about Tony, and cut out AJ's bs storyline, it would have been great. Then the next season could have been the NJ/NY war or whatever. Would have been great. But, no. I feel like these writers are getting lazy or something. Maybe scared to do anything major.

this whole season has been like that. nothing ever happens.

the biggest thing was Tony getting shot....and then after that....nothing.

the episode before the finale was probably the best one this whole season, only because TWO people got killed.
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
  • Options

yep i thought chris was a gonner too when he walked out of the diner
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    This season did offer up Edie Falco in some of the finest acting I've ever seen...she was just amazing in the hospital and Paris episodes. Episode 2 of this season remains in serious contention as maybe the best Sopranos episode ever. The show was running full steam until the Johnny Sack's daughter getting married episode and that whole drawn out Johnnycakes thing.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    culot4 wrote:
    This season did offer up Edie Falco in some of the finest acting I've ever seen...she was just amazing in the hospital and Paris episodes. Episode 2 of this season remains in serious contention as maybe the best Sopranos episode ever. The show was running full steam until the Johnny Sack's daughter getting married episode and that whole drawn out Johnnycakes thing.

the first few episodes were very touching and great acting. It yea slowed up after the wedding. Jonnycakes oh yea lol
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    culot4 wrote:
    I wouldn't say all that..New Entourage starts next week and they're doing a new season of The Wire this fall.
    And DEADWOOD starts next week too!!! That show is as good if not better than Sopranos. However.....I loved this season of Sopranos.....still hooked as much as season one. Can't wait to see how it all ends next year.

But next week Entourage and Deadwood....great shows!!
  • Options
    Hands boundHands bound Posts: 534

I thought the same thing. I got sick of watching everyone cheating on their spouses/girlfriends and seeming like they glorified it.

Ugh.

I'll watch the first couple next season and if they can't show me any promise, I'll use that hour of my time for something else.

Oh yeah, this last episode was so bad, I didn't even realize it was the last one of the season until the previews of next season came on HBO after it was over.

I was disappointed in the Soprano family this season....
    Underneath this smile lies everything
    all my hopes, anger, pride and shame...
  • Options
    another fantastic season of tv's best show! as always, fantastic acting, great writing, and beautiful directing...i'm really looking forward to the final 8 episodes.
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Ending this season at Christmas time ?

wtf ?

Christmas in June ? :confused:

that was weak, and hard to digest.

Also, on Julianna Margueles, I was so thinking she was an FBI agent ,

that is until she started smoking heroin with Christopher .

I know they go undercover, but doubt that they would ever poison their system .
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    One Word:

Entourage
    98- 9/8.9/10.9/11
    00- 8/3, 8/4, 9/1.9/2
    03- 4/28. 7/8. 7/9. 7/14
    04- 10/1
    05- 10/3
    06- 5/4!!!!, 5/12. 5/13. 5/27, 5/28, 6/1, 6/3
    08- 6/19, 6/20, 6/22, 6/25, 6/27, 8/4
  • Options
    Must say, I was dissappointed in that finale. I thought that Chris or someone "high up" was gonna get it, but nothing. Nothing happened in that episode except Phil's heart attack and AJ got a new girlfriend (who was smoking hot btw). Other than that, nothing really happened.

Never thought I'd say this, but the episode of Big Love was far superior to the Sopranos. That is how a season finale is supposed to be: Alot of crazy shit happening with some sort of climax.

I'll be ready fo the final eight. Looks like there may be no war. :(
    "My road may be lonely
    just because it's not paved

it's good for drifting away..."
    "What's the score?"
    "Nothing, nothing."
    "Who's winning?"
    "The Bears."
  • Options
    someone just needs to die. i really like the episodes its just missing something. but like i said entourage starts next week so fuck yeah.
    98- 9/8.9/10.9/11
    00- 8/3, 8/4, 9/1.9/2
    03- 4/28. 7/8. 7/9. 7/14
    04- 10/1
    05- 10/3
    06- 5/4!!!!, 5/12. 5/13. 5/27, 5/28, 6/1, 6/3
    08- 6/19, 6/20, 6/22, 6/25, 6/27, 8/4
  • Options
    Must say, I was dissappointed in that finale. I thought that Chris or someone "high up" was gonna get it, but nothing. Nothing happened in that episode except Phil's heart attack and AJ got a new girlfriend (who was smoking hot btw). Other than that, nothing really happened.

Never thought I'd say this, but the episode of Big Love was far superior to the Sopranos. That is how a season finale is supposed to be: Alot of crazy shit happening with some sort of climax.

I'll be ready fo the final eight. Looks like there may be no war. :(

I missed Big Love but will catch it tonight. I was waiting for something to happen but looks like we will have to wait for the final 8.
  • Options
    I missed Big Love but will catch it tonight. I was waiting for something to happen but looks like we will have to wait for the final 8.

BIG LOVE had ALOT of shit happen in their finale, way more action then Sopranos :rolleyes:
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    One Word:

Entourage
    And Deadwood damnit!!!
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    BIG LOVE had ALOT of shit happen in their finale, way more action then Sopranos :rolleyes:

I started out slow with big love, but think its a great show. I will catch the final tonight or when ever it comes on the 50 more times they will replay it. lol
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    And Deadwood damnit!!!

and while we are at it, bring back Carnivale` , dammit !
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    And Deadwood damnit!!!

Deadwood Rules!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait for that one to start.

Wu: "No San Francisco cocksucker!"
    "My road may be lonely
    just because it's not paved

it's good for drifting away..."
    "What's the score?"
    "Nothing, nothing."
    "Who's winning?"
    "The Bears."
  • Options
    Deadwood Rules!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait for that one to start.

Wu: "No San Francisco cocksucker!"

best show to use the word cocksucker. lol
  • Options
    Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
    I agree with most here, a bit of a bummer for a finale. I also expected some big things to happen, but nada. That shot of Chris in that diner really looked like he was gonna get hit. AJ giving his Gary Fisher to those guys really made him look like a pussy "I got it for christmas its just a year old" pathetic! I really think Chris talking about March of the Penquins and their egg was hilarious btw.

Still i'll be awaiting the final episodes, a war could still happen with Phil in the hospital and his captains looked like they were anxious to bring out the guns..
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Also, on Julianna Margueles, I was so thinking she was an FBI agent , that is until she started smoking heroin with Christopher . I know they go undercover, but doubt that they would ever poison their system.
    I was thinking the same thing, she seemed very good at getting inside info from Chris, but if she was a agent she'd gone for Tony rather than Chris.
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    and while we are at it, bring back Carnivale` , dammit !
    Ha! I really liked that series.. Doesnt look like thats gonna get a new season tho. Or is there something i dont know?
    your light's reflected now
  • Options
    eddies grrleddies grrl Posts: 509
    i think the writers know exactly what they're doing, and aren't lazy or scared at all. i think they're weaving some storylines together, some they're wrapping up, and ultimately they will shock us with whom they decide to kill off. they must know that fans are talking about who's gonna get whacked, etc...

wild, crazy guess: someone from phil's team is going to try and kill tony but because they're out to dinner or something, will accidentally kill carmela instead. :eek:
    Life is the riddle
    Of which we're caught in the middle.
    A couple of lucky ones
    Tangled up in too much love
    ~cowboy junkies
  • Options
    i think the writers know exactly what they're doing, and aren't lazy or scared at all. i think they're weaving some storylines together, some they're wrapping up, and ultimately they will shock us with whom they decide to kill off. they must know that fans are talking about who's gonna get whacked, etc...

wild, crazy guess: someone from phil's team is going to try and kill tony but because they're out to dinner or something, will accidentally kill carmela instead. :eek:

i agree..the writing, acting, directing...everything has still been spectacular this season for me. like you said, they know what they're doing.

i think something is going to come of that little run in at the hospital with the little guy that was standing in tony's way in the doorway...if it goes down like you predict eddie's grrl...tony is going to go mental!!!
  • Options
    eddies grrleddies grrl Posts: 509
    i agree..the writing, acting, directing...everything has still been spectacular this season for me. like you said, they know what they're doing.

i think something is going to come of that little run in at the hospital with the little guy that was standing in tony's way in the doorway...if it goes down like you predict eddie's grrl...tony is going to go mental!!!

yes, i can imagine that scene. that guy's got a set of brass- even phil said that killing a boss is wrong.

you know, we really don't see tony himself act violently very often. i think something like that will happen- someone not made or not even active in the business, but whom tony cares about, gets killed- and he himself will go on a killing spree in the final scenes of the final episode.
    Life is the riddle
    Of which we're caught in the middle.
    A couple of lucky ones
    Tangled up in too much love
    ~cowboy junkies
  • Options
    yes, i can imagine that scene. that guy's got a set of brass- even phil said that killing a boss is wrong.

you know, we really don't see tony himself act violently very often. i think something like that will happen- someone not made or not even active in the business, but whom tony cares about, gets killed- and he himself will go on a killing spree in the final scenes of the final episode.

so many possiblities! tony could very well end up taking some matters into his own hands...i'm excited to see what happens!

hey! i'm waitin' for the final 8 ovah heer! :D
  • Options
    momofglynnmomofglynn Posts: 849
    I thought the finale episode was great. I think the scenes with Christopher at the movies along with the line from his sponser "same old movie" was perfect. Also remember that Chris mentioned that he is tired of Tony getting everything. As far as AJ being a pussy. I would say he was fucking smart. 3 Thugs, he knew he was outnumbered, he knew there was nothing he could do physically with those guys, and maybe even wind up killed. Anyways the outcome was what he wanted, he got laid, that's all that matters.

Now lets talk about the mafia shit. Everybody wants killing but was that not the best fucking meeting between the 2 families??!! There is more to the mob than killing. I just thought this show really set a lot of stuff up for the finale 8 shows. Of course this is just my opinion.

And yes the little weasle guy at Phil's hospital room will be trouble for sure. He wants to whack someone and he does not care that Phil told him it was wrong. He gave Tony attitude from the get go.

I really thought that was just a fantastic show and I really enjoyed it a lot.
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • Options
    http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/01/16/television.hbo.reut/index.html

'Sopranos' final season to begin April 8

POSTED: 3:32 p.m. EST, January 16, 2007

Story Highlights
    • Nine episodes of "The Sopranos" left
    • New season to begin April 8
    • "Entourage" starting same night

PASADENA, California (Hollywood Reporter) -- The HBO mob series "The Sopranos" will launch its sixth and final season of nine installments on April 8, while hipster comedy "Entourage" will also return with new episodes on that date.

"Sopranos" creator and executive producer David Chase will write and direct the finale of the seminal mob series that has grown to define HBO since its premiere in 1999, the premium cable network announced during its portion of the Television Critics Assn. press tour Friday.

Additionally, "Sopranos" star James Gandolfini is executive producing and conducting interviews for a documentary special that has the working title "Alive Day: Home From Iraq," featuring the stories of wounded servicemen. It is slated to premiere on July 4. And production begins in February on HBO Films' seven-hour historical miniseries "John Adams," starring Paul Giamatti and Laura Linney.

"Law & Order" creator Dick Wolf showed up to plug an HBO movie he is executive producing. "Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee," based on the classic 1971 book by Dee Brown, documents the subjugation of Native Americans during the latter half of the 19th century.

Wolf noted that it was his first project for HBO, and hopefully not his last.

"I'd do anything that HBO wanted me to do given the strictures that I'm under contractually," Wolf said. "They are both famous and notorious for taking a great deal of time ... but the reality is they end up doing it right."

"Deadwood" creator David Milch talked up his new drama "John From Cincinnati," which is pegged for a surfing-friendly summertime debut. His appearance at the Ritz-Carlton Huntington Hotel event proved to be something of a surreal experience, with the producer in an unusually chatty, stream-of-consciousness mood while extolling the virtues of "Cincinnati," his paranormal surfing series. It left all who witnessed it feeling bemused and somewhat overwhelmed.

"To my mind, reality is a shifting and elusive condition," Milch said during one of his expansive oral adventures. "It redefines itself constantly. ... When I was saying that this is a story that takes place on the margins of things, the attempt to identify the coordinates of reality is itself a kind of problematic and conditional effort. It's changing all the time. ... As time goes on, you come to realize what seemed to be chasms of difference which cannot be bridged turn out not even to exist."

HBO is a unit of Time Warner, as is CNN.

Copyright 2007 Reuters. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.