Options

'Sopranos' final season to begin April 8

Comments

• Options
    eddies grrleddies grrl Posts: 509
    another great episode. i love how carmela is emerging into her own, finding some deeper stuff inside, and discovering how amazing the world can be, outside of suburban new jersey.

also, did anyone else get the feeling that they chose her trip to paris to coincide with the da vinci code movie release, sort of tying the storyline into that whole fervor?
    Life is the riddle
    Of which we're caught in the middle.
    A couple of lucky ones
    Tangled up in too much love
    ~cowboy junkies
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    another great episode. i love how carmela is emerging into her own, finding some deeper stuff inside, and discovering how amazing the world can be, outside of suburban new jersey.

also, did anyone else get the feeling that they chose her trip to paris to coincide with the da vinci code movie release, sort of tying the storyline into that whole fervor?

I LOVE THAT SIG! and i agree with it 100% :)
  • Options
    libragirl wrote:
    well we didn't see a body..so i thought they left it open..but then again Carmella had that dream...

sil shot her in the back as she tried to crawl away in the woods. he doesn't give me the impression of being a guy who's comfortable with loose ends or a job not completed.
    Life is the riddle
    A couple of lucky ones
    ~cowboy junkies
  • Options
    "i wonder if that pool cue had chalk on it" :eek:
  • Options
    my2hands wrote:
    I LOVE THAT SIG! and i agree with it 100% :)

thanks.

and what mission have you accomplished exactly?
    Life is the riddle
    A couple of lucky ones
    ~cowboy junkies
  • Options
    thanks.

and what mission have you accomplished exactly?

i was in the "tweeter" thread on the porch and i was being attacked at all ends by the confused bush supporters from my area... so i had to fire a few back... kind of a friendly reminder for them :)
  • Options
    PJ_PhilPJ_Phil Posts: 84
    I think the whole point of the whole Vito storyline was to set up what is going to be the final and major conflict of the series between Jersey and New York. You know that Phil is gonna flip when he finds out that his guy got stabbed to death. I expect there to be a big event in the finale that will set this situation up for the finale episodes. Should be exciting!

Phil
    Shows:

Montreal 2003
    Boston (1&2) 2004
    Montreal 2005
    Ottawa 2005
    Halifax 2005
    Boston (1&2) 2006
    Hartford 2008
    Mansfield (1&2)2008
  • Options
    murphyJammermurphyJammer Posts: 120
    PJ_Phil wrote:
    I expect there to be a big event in the finale that will set this situation up for the finale episodes. Should be exciting!

Phil

I agree. I see the final episodes as becoming a full scale war between New York and New Jersey.
    "Bombs dropping down. Please forgive our hometown"
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    this sunday, they'll play the 3 most recent episodes, back to back.

then the following sunday should leave us hanging on various storylines till next season.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    YieldInHidingYieldInHiding Posts: 1,841
    PJ_Phil wrote:
    I think the whole point of the whole Vito storyline was to set up what is going to be the final and major conflict of the series between Jersey and New York. You know that Phil is gonna flip when he finds out that his guy got stabbed to death. I expect there to be a big event in the finale that will set this situation up for the finale episodes. Should be exciting!

Phil

When I get sick of Phil I just watch the "Shine Box" scene from Goodfellas. :)
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • Options
    oktacomaoktacoma Posts: 335
    When I get sick of Phil I just watch the "Shine Box" scene from Goodfellas. :)
    "You motherfucking mutt!!!"
  • Options
    eekamouse wrote:
    To me the whole point of the Johnnycakes story and the whole point of the entire season was that no matter how hard these people try, they are still just lowlife gangster thugs. Even if they try to live such a different (from being a Mafioso) lifestyle as living with their gay biker boyfriend in small town New Hampshire, they are still deep down "addicted to the life". Johnnycakes says as much.

I thought the abstract stuff going on with Carmela in Paris was fucking awesome. Remember the little shot of the Eiffel Tower when they were getting read to leave? What did it remind you of? That's right. The Beacon in the 2nd and 3rd episodes from Tony's coma. Interesting. And then all the comments by Carmela about how Paris is like imaginary or is it just like the life she always wanted to have? Like Tony's coma is the life he wanted to have as a salesperson.

And the beacon is La Cosa Nostra calling them back? Or is the beacon the thing calling them away? WTF?? Anyway, it's not important what it EXACTLY symbolizes. This is the best season since season 2 or 3 in my opinion. What's great about this season is getting back to the hypocrisy of trying to live upper/middle class American family life... while being in the mob ;)

good post eekamouse. personally, i don't think i could pick a favourite season...favourite episodes of course...

i totally agree about carmella in paris...with all the talk of people coming before, the memorial stone to the man who was shot, seeing adrianna, and mentioning jackie jr. at dinner. all thoughts of someone wondering about their path in life. very much like tony's journey in the first part of the season. ending with the beacon too...

i really liked all the scenes shot in paris, especially the one where carmella was standing on the bridge and you could see the statue with the gold leaves in the foreground. beautiful shot! ...and carmella delivering those lines about people never existing, not knowing they exist until you've been there, and once you're gone it's like they don't exist again. such a simple series of lines about the vastness of life and the world in which we live and how we'll never understand or experience even the smallest part of it all in our lifetime. brilliant writing, and brilliant edie falco! :)
  • Options
    Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    One thing that bothered me about sunday's episode was the whole Paris trip part of it. It didn't belong there and they spent so much time in Paris. I bet someone was just trying to work in Paris to get a free trip or something.
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • Options
    YieldInHidingYieldInHiding Posts: 1,841
    One thing that bothered me about sunday's episode was the whole Paris trip part of it. It didn't belong there and they spent so much time in Paris. I bet someone was just trying to work in Paris to get a free trip or something.

I didn't mind it but the scenes dragged on longer than they could have been. Kind of slowed down the pacing of the story, if you ask me.
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • Options
    I agree. I see the final episodes as becoming a full scale war between New York and New Jersey.

I definitely think a war is coming, Tony and Phil have been more and more at odds when they meet, plus two made guys just got wacked. Also, didn't Tony mention something about the last time a war broke out when a made man got it?
    It's on now.

Line of the night from Sil:
    "Now, don't beat yourself up over this Tone."

Sil cracks my shit up, worried about Tony being upset, and they are gonna kill someone. Priceless.
    "My road may be lonely
    just because it's not paved

it's good for drifting away..."
    "What's the score?"
    "Nothing, nothing."
    "Who's winning?"
    "The Bears."
  • Options
    Jon Stewart on the ongoing search for Jimmy Hoffa's body:

"Many myths surround Hoffa's disappearance: some say he's buried in the end zone of Giants Stadium... some say he was dumped in Lake Michigan... some think he is alive and in New Hampshire having an affair with a volunteer fireman that he calls 'Johnny-Cakes'."
    Life is the riddle
    A couple of lucky ones
    ~cowboy junkies
  • Options
    Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    Jon Stewart on the ongoing search for Jimmy Hoffa's body:

"Many myths surround Hoffa's disappearance: some say he's buried in the end zone of Giants Stadium... some say he was dumped in Lake Michigan... some think he is alive and in New Hampshire having an affair with a volunteer fireman that he calls 'Johnny-Cakes'."

Ha Ha. Glad to see the Sopranos thread back on top.
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • Options
    EddiesGurlEddiesGurl Posts: 166
    this week its just the past 3 episodes right?
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*
    Welcome to the world Lucy Michelle!!! 8/11/06 - 4:05pm
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*

~> Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    EddiesGurl wrote:
    this week its just the past 3 episodes right?

yes, thats correct

now sunday will be this seasons finale,

then the final 8 next season.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    EddiesGurlEddiesGurl Posts: 166
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    yes, thats correct

now sunday will be this seasons finale,

then the final 8 next season.

ok..thats what i thought.
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*
    Welcome to the world Lucy Michelle!!! 8/11/06 - 4:05pm
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*

~> Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
  • Options
    eekamouseeekamouse Posts: 267
    Who gets whacked this week? Someone will/should/usually does on the final show.

Paulie? maybe I doubt it.
    Anthony Jr.? as much as I would like it, I doubt (1 grand for Crystal?? *click*)
    Janice? Please make it so!!
    Bobby? Doubt it. His eye situation is bad enough. They won't dump on him more.
    Sil? No way. That's Stevie we are talking about.
    Johny Sack? Nope, he just signed to do the final 8 episodes.
    Chris? Nope, same as Sack.
    Tony? Nope, just just signed too.
    Carmela or her family? Carmela signed and the rest doesn't make sense.
    Pussy's wife/widow? Maybe, but not enough story there yet.
    Artie? I think they wrapped that story up for good.
    The guy who burned Artie? Possible, but I doubt he matters enough for final show whacking.

My guess...

The umm.. guy who stabbed the other guy who was talking shit about Vito. :)
    Love is more important to me than faith.
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    eekamouse wrote:
    Who gets whacked this week? Someone will/should/usually does on the final show.

Paulie? maybe I doubt it.
    Anthony Jr.? as much as I would like it, I doubt (1 grand for Crystal?? *click*)
    Janice? Please make it so!!
    Bobby? Doubt it. His eye situation is bad enough. They won't dump on him more.
    Sil? No way. That's Stevie we are talking about.
    Johny Sack? Nope, he just signed to do the final 8 episodes.
    Chris? Nope, same as Sack.
    Tony? Nope, just just signed too.
    Carmela or her family? Carmela signed and the rest doesn't make sense.
    Pussy's wife/widow? Maybe, but not enough story there yet.
    Artie? I think they wrapped that story up for good.
    The guy who burned Artie? Possible, but I doubt he matters enough for final show whacking.

My guess...

The umm.. guy who stabbed the other guy who was talking shit about Vito. :)

I hope its a good ending cause I haven't been thrilled with this season. But I'll be back for the last 8.
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    Once Phil finds out his guy got whacked by Jersey he will go straight for one of Tony's guys...Phil is fucking psycho. My guess it will be a semi-important character but also enough of a character to start a full out war....With Sack in the clink Phil may be looking to sever all ties and a guy like Little Carmine could be on the way out. There was never any closure on the Rusty getting whacked storyline either and that may come into play. Seeing how the second half of this season has been going though they may just opt to do an hour long episode that has AJ finding his dream job at Hollywood Video and one day as he admires the glare off of a DVD case being hit by the sun which triggers a life changing experience at which point they introduce a 20 minute sequence about what AJ experienced while in his trance....They'll probably throw in a Bada Bing stripper somewhere too.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    AllNiteThingAllNiteThing Posts: 1,114
    Since the 'final eight' are, from what I heard, still part of season six, then this weeks 'finale' may not even be a real finale. They may tie a couple things up, whack a minor character or two, and maybe give us a tease, but it won't be on the level of any other season finale IMO. Especially when they think about packaging up this season on dvd, they're not going to have 2 major finales. I'm prepared to enjoy this episode, but not expect anything major.
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
  • Options
    I sat threw tonights final and came up with this. What a waste of my time. The season did have its moments but just plain boring and nothing like the first few seasons. Yea they were baiting us for the final 8 that happen next year. But I was hoping for a better final ending tonight. They just seemed to open doors on everybody and just leave us hanging. Well anyway thats what I thought.

peace
  • Options
    All I really got out of tonight was they were just accounting for everyone in the show and tied up some loose ends...not a lot happened. Line of the night delivered by Phil, his wife is saying something remembering Christmas with Vito and his family at which point Phil responds with " I have to try and take a shit"...The whole storyline with Christopher and Julianne seemed a little far fetched. They tie her into Christopher by making her character a recovering junkie?...I think that sucked.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    culot4 wrote:
    All I really got out of tonight was they were just accounting for everyone in the show and tied up some loose ends...not a lot happened. Line of the night delivered by Phil, his wife is saying something remembering Christmas with Vito and his family at which point Phil responds with " I have to try and take a shit"...The whole storyline with Christopher and Julianne seemed a little far fetched. They tie her into Christopher by making her character a recovering junkie?...I think that sucked.

It was like lets show everybody tonight and make them wait for the final 8. Yea the junkie thing was a bit out there. But I'm sure I will watch the final 8.
  • Options
    in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    The Soprano's is the greatest show ever...besides Seinfeld..
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • Options
    It was like lets show everybody tonight and make them wait for the final 8. Yea the junkie thing was a bit out there. But I'm sure I will watch the final 8.

I've invested so much into this show there is no question I will watch the final 8. In fact I'm still quite looking forward to it. My problem is this final episode really left no direction. Are they just going to let time lapse and start up a bunch of new storylines...there is no time for that. Phil seemed receptive to Tony's reaching out in the hospital so I don't even think a New York/ Jersey war is in the cards anymore. So we're left with AJ and his hot little Latin girlfriend, Paulies cancer, Christophers drug use, Tony's infedility, Carm's spec house, locked up Junior, and crazy Janice,....not exactly edge of your seat type of stuff.
  • Options
    culot4 wrote:
    I've invested so much into this show there is no question I will watch the final 8. In fact I'm still quite looking forward to it. My problem is this final episode really left no direction. Are they just going to let time lapse and start up a bunch of new storylines...there is no time for that. Phil seemed receptive to Tony's reaching out in the hospital so I don't even think a New York/ Jersey war is in the cards anymore. So we're left with AJ and his hot little Latin girlfriend, Paulies cancer, Christophers drug use, Tony's infedility, Carm's spec house, locked up Junior, and crazy Janice,....not exactly edge of your seat type of stuff.

yea it was like they were creating more story lines on top of the rest. Yea I will watch of course. Hope it sorts its self out.