Options

'Sopranos' final season to begin April 8

Comments

• Options
    reptarau2reptarau2 Posts: 15
    I think Vito gets out alive this week. I bet by the end of the year he is done. Also, since last week focused so much on Tony/Chrissy's relationship, I feel there will be problems coming soon bc of drugs. I also think Paulie (who has had problems all season it appears) will continue to struggle, and if his possible cancer does not kill him, the family will.....Just my opinion
  • Options
    vmfuryvmfury Posts: 1,079
    Grrrrrreat episode!

The part where Vito and "Johnny Cakes" were about to get down and then it suddenly flipped to the train scene had us ROLLING! :D Tony trying to console Meadow was a crack up. Next week looks really gooood. Seems some things are going to come to a head.
    Shut the fuck up, stupid.
    ~ Ice Queen
  • Options
    Great episode.
    Line of the night delivered by Tony:
    "Would you talk to your mother about this shit!"
    LOL

I love watching Sil whenever he is on screen, he cracks me up.
    "My road may be lonely
    just because it's not paved

it's good for drifting away..."
    "What's the score?"
    "Nothing, nothing."
    "Who's winning?"
    "The Bears."
  • Options
    moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    vmfury wrote:
    Grrrrrreat episode!

The part where Vito and "Johnny Cakes" were about to get down and then it suddenly flipped to the train scene had us ROLLING!

Very North By Northwest moment there.
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    Wonder where Vito's first stop will be. Better not go by Phil Leotardo's house.

Will Paulie or Vito be the earlier exit?

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    rhinomagic wrote:
    Wonder where Vito's first stop will be. Better not go by Phil Leotardo's house.

Will Paulie or Vito be the earlier exit?

Vito, after he ass-rapes Finn.
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    funny how the very first scene with Vito back in " the neighborhood" features him rolling by the Satrioles,

sausage factory

LOL
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    And how about that Neil Young reference when Janice and Tony were arguing about Bobby's model train hobby?

J: He works so hard for you and what does he get? Merciless ridicule. About his weight. About his model railroading.

T: [shouts] He's a grown man!

J: Oh, but it's OK for Neil Young?

T: [shouts] He owns Lionel!

I guess when you write the lines for the Sopranos, you can drop names whenever you feel like it.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    rhinomagic wrote:
    And how about that Neil Young reference when Janice and Tony were arguing about Bobby's model train hobby?

J: He works so hard for you and what does he get? Merciless ridicule. About his weight. About his model railroading.

T: [shouts] He's a grown man!

J: Oh, but it's OK for Neil Young?

T: [shouts] He owns Lionel!

I guess when you write the lines for the Sopranos, you can drop names whenever you feel like it.

yeah, i almost jumped out of my chair on that one! :D neil's finally made the big time..haha ;)
  • Options
    Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    Great episode. It was so funny when Tony was hugging Meaddow and he just kept looking at the microwave. VITO will meet his end soon. Vito said they shot 4 endings for the show.
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • Options
    EddiesGurlEddiesGurl Posts: 166
    i cant wait to watch it this Wednesday...
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*
    Welcome to the world Lucy Michelle!!! 8/11/06 - 4:05pm
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*

~> Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
  • Options
    eddies grrleddies grrl Posts: 509
    i think the show has actually matured and gotten better and better as the years have passed. i think this year is definitely a more introspective, "cerebral" season. not as much "action" but alot more interesting.

while it's clear that there are some threads they're trying to tie up before the END, i think the story lines are more compelling than ever and the characters continue to be so finely drawn, i feel as if i know them personally.

i haven't seen a bad episode all season, contrary to what some here seem to think. i think the writing is fantastic.
    Life is the riddle
    Of which we're caught in the middle.
    A couple of lucky ones
    Tangled up in too much love
    ~cowboy junkies
  • Options
    bye bye vito

pool cue and all

ouch
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    What was the point of all that Johnnycakes storyline then. They devoted so much time to that and it was pointless. All we got to see was a big fat gay guy in action. The Vito business dragged on long enough but maybe it was done this way to truly illustrate the point about what a cold bastard Phil Leotardo really is. Phil's wife too while we're at it...Edie Falco was amazing again and I was really hoping Tony was just going to knock AJ upside his head in that scene in the garage. Oh and they pretty much write Meadow out of the show which I don't get.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    bye bye vito

pool cue and all

ouch

I guess that proves me wrong on the whole Vito ass-rapes Finn though. Oh well. Read some bad spoilers.
  • Options
    moster78 wrote:
    I guess that proves me wrong on the whole Vito ass-rapes Finn though. Oh well. Read some bad spoilers.

ive read my share of some of the conspiracy theories also.

oh well.

anybody pick up on the huge clip of WFAN / mike and the madddog- ( I only heard Mike tho- talking about Clemente ) they will surely be talking about this on tommorows radio show !
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    I don't get it. I used to love this show, and will still watch it until it's done. Once I start watching a show, I never give up on it, no matter how bad. I still TiVo SNL. But I think the sopranos has been god awful for the last 2 seasons. I really think Chase and the writers were ready to end it around season 4, but HBO threw so much money at them they couldn't turn it down. Maybe I'm missing something, maybe I'm not cerebral enough. I do prefer "smart" TV over mindless pabble, but this show just sucks nowadays
  • Options
    speaking of throwing money at Chase,....

now the Sopranos are going to be in syndication, on the A & E Network.

I dont know how they'll pull that off, ( language, cutting peoples heads off, ect,..) supposebly they made multiple sound tracks originally so they could accomodate this.

we'll see.....
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    speaking of throwing money at Chase,....

now the Sopranos are going to be in syndication, on the A & E Network.

I dont know how they'll pull that off, ( language, cutting peoples heads off, ect,..) supposebly they made multiple sound tracks originally so they could accomodate this.

we'll see.....

Supposedly, and I read this years ago. That for every scene they shoot thats laden with profanity and nudity, they reshoot it without said profanity and nudity for when it goes into syndication.
  • Options
    EddiesGurlEddiesGurl Posts: 166
    so what did you guys think about Sundays show?? good or not so much?

i watch it on Wednesdays... so i like coming on here & just reading some comments... i haven't seen too many comments on last nights show.. so i was just curious if the over-all show was good, or not...
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*
    Welcome to the world Lucy Michelle!!! 8/11/06 - 4:05pm
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*

~> Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
  • Options
    libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    That show was kind of weird...I have a feeling Adriana is still alive...but who knows. It sucks that they arent playing the finale until June 4th...I wonder why.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    libragirl wrote:
    It sucks that they arent playing the finale until June 4th...I wonder why.

I assumed it was because of the holiday weekend...I guess they figured folks might be out of town.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    I assumed it was because of the holiday weekend...I guess they figured folks might be out of town.

PBM

ah....someone has to be staying home though...lol...but yeah that makes sense...
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    libragirl wrote:
    ah....someone has to be staying home though...lol...but yeah that makes sense...

They've done it during past seasons, skipping Memorial Day, especially if its a big episode like a finale.
  • Options
    libragirl wrote:
    It sucks that they arent playing the finale until June 4th...I wonder why.

They should go ahead and air it just to get it over with. This series isn't nearly as enjoyable as when it was in Seasons 2 & 3.

I did enjoy Tony's father-to-son talk in the garage, though. That should've been done a long time ago.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    eekamouseeekamouse Posts: 267
    culot4 wrote:
    What was the point of all that Johnnycakes storyline then. They devoted so much time to that and it was pointless. All we got to see was a big fat gay guy in action. The Vito business dragged on long enough but maybe it was done this way to truly illustrate the point about what a cold bastard Phil Leotardo really is. Phil's wife too while we're at it...Edie Falco was amazing again and I was really hoping Tony was just going to knock AJ upside his head in that scene in the garage. Oh and they pretty much write Meadow out of the show which I don't get.

To me the whole point of the Johnnycakes story and the whole point of the entire season was that no matter how hard these people try, they are still just lowlife gangster thugs. Even if they try to live such a different (from being a Mafioso) lifestyle as living with their gay biker boyfriend in small town New Hampshire, they are still deep down "addicted to the life". Johnnycakes says as much.

I thought the abstract stuff going on with Carmela in Paris was fucking awesome. Remember the little shot of the Eiffel Tower when they were getting read to leave? What did it remind you of? That's right. The Beacon in the 2nd and 3rd episodes from Tony's coma. Interesting. And then all the comments by Carmela about how Paris is like imaginary or is it just like the life she always wanted to have? Like Tony's coma is the life he wanted to have as a salesperson.

And the beacon is La Cosa Nostra calling them back? Or is the beacon the thing calling them away? WTF?? Anyway, it's not important what it EXACTLY symbolizes. This is the best season since season 2 or 3 in my opinion. What's great about this season is getting back to the hypocrisy of trying to live upper/middle class American family life... while being in the mob ;)
    Love is more important to me than faith.
  • Options
    murphyJammermurphyJammer Posts: 120
    culot4 wrote:
    What was the point of all that Johnnycakes storyline then.

I was tinking he may read the story in a newspaper and may try to take revenge on someone not really knowing what he is in for.
    "Bombs dropping down. Please forgive our hometown"
  • Options
    rhinomagic wrote:
    They should go ahead and air it just to get it over with. This series isn't nearly as enjoyable as when it was in Seasons 2 & 3.

I did enjoy Tony's father-to-son talk in the garage, though. That should've been done a long time ago.

well yeah i agree...they should just play it next week....so many people have tivo.
  • Options
    eddies grrleddies grrl Posts: 509
    libragirl wrote:
    That show was kind of weird...I have a feeling Adriana is still alive...but who knows.

ummmm...............no. she sleeps with the fishes, believe me.
    Life is the riddle
    Of which we're caught in the middle.
    A couple of lucky ones
    Tangled up in too much love
    ~cowboy junkies
  • Options
    ummmm...............no. she sleeps with the fishes, believe me.

well we didn't see a body..so i thought they left it open..but then again Carmella had that dream...