Options

'Sopranos' final season to begin April 8

Comments

• Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    The show seemed all over the place last night.

Artie is going to screw up big soon...he can't keep falling back on his friendship with Tony.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    So how is Season6????? Ive got the previous 5 on boxsets. 1&3 were my favourites but I found 4&5 lagged a little in certain episodes, cannot quite finger why but maybe Janice has something to with it.........
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    We made some great contacts.
    Plus, we saw Lindsey Lohan. Total piece of ass.

That cracked me up, given all the SNL chatter around here recently.

Tony also told Artie that he's been going about in pity for himself. The coma's effect is not lost on Tony, and I think it shows in his non-action concerning Vito. He seems to tolerate more questions about his decisions and he took lots more lip from Artie than I thought he would. I hope he's not going softer because of the coma.

I felt sorry for Ben Kingsley; Chris hounded that guy mercilessly. And how in the world could someone punch Lauren Bacall and steal her gift basket? Ludicrous, but quite funny too.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    what was hard to believe also last night was that Charmayne ( Arties wife ) all of a sudden now likes Carmella & Tony and is socializing with them out on their yacht ? From what I remember, Charmayne didnt even want Artie talking with these guys or allowing them into their restaraunt, but now all of a sudden they are all out chilling out on the Stugats ?
    That was inconsistent ....

all in all a decent episode.

Looks like the 2 hit men from the other side really made use of thier time here shopping for trinckets( watches and pen-sets ) . They really pushed on us how weak the American dollar is , either that or they went "shopping " on Canal Street and picked up black market merchandise and didnt even realize it ,...
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    EddiesGurlEddiesGurl Posts: 166
    the encore will be on Wednesday night right? i didn't see it say that on the preview for Sunday..it just said "Sunday at 9:00pm"
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*
    Welcome to the world Lucy Michelle!!! 8/11/06 - 4:05pm
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*

~> Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
  • Options
    I felt it was a solid episode, line of the night was delivered by Chris: "Total piece of ass." That was hilarious.

The hit was pretty good, the Artie stuff got old, and Christopher's trip was pretty interesting. You could see from the moment he got into that "luxury lounge" he wanted to find a way to rip it off. It was great when he decked Bacall.

Sad to see no Vito action, but it looks like he'lll be around next week. It is interesting to see Tony's reluctance to act in the situation, but the more it is discussed, the more it seems clear that something is going to have to be done. Phil apparently hasn't let it go.
    "My road may be lonely
    just because it's not paved

it's good for drifting away..."
    "What's the score?"
    "Nothing, nothing."
    "Who's winning?"
    "The Bears."
  • Options
    vmfuryvmfury Posts: 1,079
    I wasn't all that impressed with last night's episode. It's possibly due to me being preoccupied while it was on, but I was a little bored with it. Hopefully next week is more exciting. Ben Kingsley was a nice addition though.
    Shut the fuck up, stupid.
    ~ Ice Queen
  • Options
    Can't believe Artie served up the rabbit he shot in his backyard.

Awesome!

He smuggled those arugula seeds from Italy in his shaving kit...

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    elmer wrote:
    So how is Season6????? Ive got the previous 5 on boxsets. 1&3 were my favourites but I found 4&5 lagged a little in certain episodes, cannot quite finger why but maybe Janice has something to with it.........

you want to finger janice?

rhinomagic wrote:
    I felt sorry for Ben Kingsley; Chris hounded that guy mercilessly. And how in the world could someone punch Lauren Bacall and steal her gift basket? Ludicrous, but quite funny too.

sadly old ladies are assaulted or robbed every day in this world... thieves don't care
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    pretty good episode except i saw one piece of bad writing...

when he offered the plane tickets to Tony for australia from the gift bag robbery... any jackass in todays world knows that air tickets are well tracked and traceable...there is no way these hoods dont know that...they would never try to use those tickets!

i think those tickets will come into play and the robbery will become a BIG problem? just a guess

and i LOVED my man GHANDI!
  • Options
    they already did the stolen airline tickets deal. Livia in season 2
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,924
    I think what will come into play, is the map that the two hitmen left behind after whacking Rusty. Didn't the in-between man specifically tell them to get rid of the map after using it? Or did I just make that up?
  • Options
    libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    last night's episode was wacky...i never thought i'd see Ben Kingsley and Lauren Bacall on the Sopranos..lol
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    eddies grrleddies grrl Posts: 509
    rhinomagic wrote:
    Can't believe Artie served up the rabbit he shot in his backyard.

Awesome!

He smuggled those arugula seeds from Italy in his shaving kit...

see, i thought the artie story line was good. it wasn't just about his relationship with tony, but about the real struggles of being in the restaurant business- WHILE staying out of the gangster business, BTW. you can see that tony was wishing that artie would join the fold, IMO. i also liked the last scene in the kitchen with the old cookbook and the rabbit. i said to myself, he's gonna get a spark going here, some sort of new creativity in the kitchen, and it will turn the place around. i actually got a little misty watching that part!
    Life is the riddle
    Of which we're caught in the middle.
    A couple of lucky ones
    Tangled up in too much love
    ~cowboy junkies
  • Options
    see, i thought the artie story line was good. it wasn't just about his relationship with tony, but about the real struggles of being in the restaurant business- WHILE staying out of the gangster business, BTW. you can see that tony was wishing that artie would join the fold, IMO. i also liked the last scene in the kitchen with the old cookbook and the rabbit. i said to myself, he's gonna get a spark going here, some sort of new creativity in the kitchen, and it will turn the place around. i actually got a little misty watching that part!

thought it was a beautiful ending...with the music playing over it.
  • Options
    given2fly78given2fly78 Posts: 404
    Benny = the guy from Doogie Howser!!! That's IT! I knew I knew him from somewhere, it was driving me NUTS!!! Good call...

Last nights episode was interesting, didn't like the rabbit part. Artie is annoying. Was disappointed seeing Chris back into the drugs/drink + pulling the Adrianne card w/ Tony.

Next week looks juicy!
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. "
    Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

I saw Hard To Imagine LIVE at MSG!
  • Options
    thought it was a beautiful ending...with the music playing over it.

looks like we may be the only sentimental fools here, mook.
    ;)
    Life is the riddle
    A couple of lucky ones
    ~cowboy junkies
  • Options
    alpittalpitt Posts: 91
    I also really liked the ending. Artie's always been on of my favorite characters, and I always feel bad for him because Tony takes advantage of their friendship. It was good to see Artie hold his own against Benny though, after getting his ass kicked a few seasons ago. I loved the ending in the kitchen. The Chris storyline reminded me a lot of the Jon Favreau storyline in season 2 (I think), but kind of bothered me because this show's Chris's immaturity and that he's not ready to run the family, which I really want. What does everyone think AJ's gonna do next week?
    "I'm an ideas man Michael, I think I proved that with F*ck Mountain" -GOB
  • Options
    Is it me or is Tony losing control of his guys...He's not acting on the Vito thing....he's letting Chris go off and do his thing....Plus, he let Benny take a beating.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• Options
    FishOilFishOil Posts: 9
    Is it me or is Tony losing control of his guys...He's not acting on the Vito thing....he's letting Chris go off and do his thing....Plus, he let Benny take a beating.

PBM

I agree. I think the whole coma thing is still in the back of his mind and, without realizing it, he is distancing himself from the whole mob thing. Right now Tony is going through a sort of spiritual crisis and is torn between "smelling the roses" and the reality that he is still the boss of the mob family.

To me, Artie always was the guy who stayed away from the mob stuff and in a way Tony has respect for it, and now there is a subconscious push and pull going on with Tony's position in life.
    I need a date for the upcoming tour. I'm single, I have a steady job, I'm a big fan of Pearl Jam and I am not a serial killer.
  • Options
    FishOil wrote:
    To me, Artie always was the guy who stayed away from the mob stuff and in a way Tony has respect for it, and now there is a subconscious push and pull going on with Tony's position in life.

Friend or not, Artie got away with murder. Bennie was in the wrong, but he is with Tony...Tony didn't step up for him.

PBM

• Options

PBM

and i think the "old tony" would've never put up with that shit from paulie about killing vito for the honor of the family. i mean, paulie actually YELLED at tony. i was hoping tony would knock him on his ass. :D
    Life is the riddle
    A couple of lucky ones
    ~cowboy junkies
  • Options
    I think you guys are getting a little carried away, Tony didn't used to kill EVERYBODY. He talked to Artie and put him in his place, when Benny put his hand in the soup, that made it even.

Plus, what does Tony care if Artie beats up Benny? Remember, Benny's just a little shit, he's not a made man, he doesn't even report directly to Tony. Artie didn't kill him, he just beat him up. It was a fight between men, no need to kill someone over it. Specially now that his hand got boiled.

As for Paulie, Paulie has always been able to talk to Tony roughly. I think Tony cuts him some slack, because he is a moron and he can't control himself. Plus, he's a good earner and a nice asset to have on your side when it comes time to kill someone.
    "My road may be lonely
    just because it's not paved

it's good for drifting away..."
    "What's the score?"
    "Nothing, nothing."
    "Who's winning?"
    "The Bears."
  • Options
    FishOilFishOil Posts: 9
    I think you guys are getting a little carried away, Tony didn't used to kill EVERYBODY. He talked to Artie and put him in his place, when Benny put his hand in the soup, that made it even.

Plus, what does Tony care if Artie beats up Benny? Remember, Benny's just a little shit, he's not a made man, he doesn't even report directly to Tony. Artie didn't kill him, he just beat him up. It was a fight between men, no need to kill someone over it. Specially now that his hand got boiled.

As for Paulie, Paulie has always been able to talk to Tony roughly. I think Tony cuts him some slack, because he is a moron and he can't control himself. Plus, he's a good earner and a nice asset to have on your side when it comes time to kill someone.

Benny is a made guy. Although it wasn't shown, he "earned his stripes" as payment for getting beaten up by Phil Leotardo when he was on a rampage looking for Tony Blundetto in the last season. Benny is part of Christopher's crew. If Benny wasn't made, he wouldn't have been allowed to have a sit down with Tony and tell him that he was going to whack Artie.

I think Paulie gets away with talking to Tony the way he does sometimes because Paulie goes back farther than Tony does. Paulie used to work with Tony's dad, and he even precedes Silvio. Once Tony's dad died, Uncle Junior became boss and then Tony was named acting boss when Junior went into semi-retirement. Paulie was stepped over and has held a grudge ever since.
    I need a date for the upcoming tour. I'm single, I have a steady job, I'm a big fan of Pearl Jam and I am not a serial killer.
  • Options
    What's going to happen with Christopher and Little Carmine's movie? It doesn't seem like a worthwhile project, but they keep leaving it out there like it could happen.

Maybe it was just an excuse to get Sir Ben Kingsley and Lauren Bacall on the show...

I didn't see previews for the next show. Anybody care to share what you've seen?

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    is the encore on tonight?
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*

• Options

I disagree...Artie went over his head and messed with someone within the family. If anyone else would have done that, Tony would have whopped some ass.

Tony is getting soft.

PBM

• Options
    bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849

the soup was only because of Artie's "Martina" drink comment

that shit was uncalled for.... you don't mess with someone's goumada (is that the spelling?)
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • Options
    EddiesGurl wrote:
    is the encore on tonight?

Guess no one really knows huh?

i mean..it usually is & it usually says it on the previews for Sunday nights show, but last Saturday when i saw Sundays preview, it didn't say anything about the encore being on on Wednesday......someone puuuhlease!
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*

• Options
    EddiesGurl wrote:
    Guess no one really knows huh?

http://www.hbo.com/apps/schedule/ScheduleServlet?ACTION_TODAY=TODAY

Looks like tonight at 9 Eastern/8 Central

Running Time: 57 minutes
    Artie's business is jeopardized by a rival restaurant and staff scandal; Christopher and Little Carmine pursue a new venture out of town.

PBM