Immigration

123457»

Comments

• surferdudesurferdude Posts: 2,057
    - Are they appropriately skilled with a good character?
    Do you think you could be successful implementing this when it comes to elected politicians?
    “One good thing about music,
    when it hits you, you feel to pain.
    So brutalize me with music.”
    ~ Bob Marley
  • surferdude wrote:
    Do you think you could be successful implementing this when it comes to elected politicians?

Absolutely. It's why I abstain from more votes than I participate in ;)
  • onelongsongonelongsong Posts: 3,517
    We already have an effective method:

- Are they alive?
    - Do they want the job at the rate offered?

arizona is an autherized presence state which means you have to prove you're autherized to be in this country before you can receive any services.
  • 1970RR1970RR Posts: 281
    We already have an effective method:

- Are they alive?
    - Do they want the job at the rate offered?
    I realize that. I was assuming that the current policy of regulating immigration applies.
    It would be unfair to hold a business accountable for hiring illegals if there is no cost-effective methid of determing their status.
    even flow? wrote:
    You and the c-whore are way out of tune. How about the doctors who come to these countries and nobody respects their knowledge and end up at Mcedees? They don't have anything to contribute or the racists such as yourself and c-whore just don't like them cause they are coloured? It is true that you yankees can't remember the past. I am sure the ancestors who came here all spoke native and contibuted a ton to helping out. And I have read c-whores (whos name spells it all out) responce to the killings. People who can't remember yesterday make for great racists.

If C-whore gets fired should he just leave the country instead of collecting some unemployment before he can get another job. You two do indeed make some funny reading.

you need to read my postings. i fully support legal immigration and spoke of my immigrant family who stood in line for permission to enter. every one of my doctors are immigrants and i choose only the best. i also meationed a few times that we are ALL immigrants. don't twist my words to suit your hatred.
  • 1970RR wrote:
    I realize that. I was assuming that the current policy of regulating immigration applies.

Fair enough -- just messing around a little bit :)
    It would be unfair to hold a business accountable for hiring illegals if there is no cost-effective methid of determing their status.

It's relatively easy to determine someone's status. Ask them for a soc sec # and validate it. Cross-referencing with other provided documents can make it much more foolproof as well.

Ideally, however, someone's "status" should be irrelevant.
    1970RR wrote:

which policy? i don't know if your news carries the stories about all the dead border crossers found in the vast desert; or the rancher who shot a few for tresspassing.
    are you talking about the governments policy or the peoples duty to protect the border from invasion? or a mans right to protect his property? does your news show the garbage and filth let by these people?
    i'm curious because many of you may not know all the facts and base your opinion on fragments of the real story.
  • 1970RR1970RR Posts: 281
    which policy? i don't know if your news carries the stories about all the dead border crossers found in the vast desert; or the rancher who shot a few for tresspassing.
    are you talking about the governments policy or the peoples duty to protect the border from invasion? or a mans right to protect his property? does your news show the garbage and filth let by these people?
    i'm curious because many of you may not know all the facts and base your opinion on fragments of the real story.
    I mean the policy of requiring immigrants to appy for citizenship, temporary visas, H1B visas, etc, etc. as opposed to open borders.
    1970RR wrote:
    I mean the policy of requiring immigrants to appy for citizenship, temporary visas, H1B visas, etc, etc. as opposed to open borders.

now that's the policy i strongly support.
  • mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
    i'm a minority too but i'm still white and don't qualify for shit. my majors are science and engineering with minors in manufacturing and agriculture. in 8th grade i was offered a 4 year scalorship to U of I. when graduating college prep; i was told the money was no longer available because affirmative action.
    it's too early here for my fingers to spell so forgive the mispelling.

I can under being upset about that, but who is responsible. It is the minority's fault who in turn received the scholarship or the government for basing such decision of race and ethnity and not on merit.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
    mammasan wrote:
    I can under being upset about that, but who is responsible. It is the minority's fault who in turn received the scholarship or the government for basing such decision of race and ethnity and not on merit.

i believe it was the minorities demanding enactment of such policy.
    i believe it was the minorities demanding enactment of such policy.

It was inacted in 1961 when there was some serious racial inequality. Back then Affirmative Action was necessary, but in this day and age we can do without it. If the program is still being used then it's the governments fault to to continued use of an out dated program.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
    mammasan wrote:
    It was inacted in 1961 when there was some serious racial inequality. Back then Affirmative Action was necessary, but in this day and age we can do without it. If the program is still being used then it's the governments fault to to continued use of an out dated program.

fair enough. but if we stand in line for lunch and you get an additional sandwitch for the same money; the hate is directed at both the server and the recipient. that's human nature.
    fair enough. but if we stand in line for lunch and you get an additional sandwitch for the same money; the hate is directed at both the server and the recipient. that's human nature.

Well I would think, maybe my expectation are too high, that adults would be above that.
    mammasan wrote:
    Well I would think, maybe my expectation are too high, that adults would be above that.

i would hope so too. but it's not the adults getting the shaft. you can foretell the future by looking at the younger generation. i've seen more swastika tattoos in the last 6 months than in all the WWII movies i've seen and i'm 51 today. i work with troubled kids and i'm sure you've seen in this thread that i'm getting the hell out of the us. i'll keep my nevada holdings so i get my government pension but i'm out of here. i see the writing on the walls. God have mercy on america. i've always been the optomist but it's too late. gangs control the cities and suburbia's accross the country are meth labs. my position gives me an advantage so maybe others don't see what's coming. i just know i'm gone.
    i would hope so too. but it's not the adults getting the shaft. you can foretell the future by looking at the younger generation. i've seen more swastika tattoos in the last 6 months than in all the WWII movies i've seen and i'm 51 today. i work with troubled kids and i'm sure you've seen in this thread that i'm getting the hell out of the us. i'll keep my nevada holdings so i get my government pension but i'm out of here. i see the writing on the walls. God have mercy on america. i've always been the optomist but it's too late. gangs control the cities and suburbia's accross the country are meth labs. my position gives me an advantage so maybe others don't see what's coming. i just know i'm gone.

Well I wish you the best, but I think you are focusing to much on the negative aspects of our society. Even in this mixed up fucked up world there is stil a hell of a lot of good out there. It is my belief that this good will still be able to prevail.
  • puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    i'm a minority too but i'm still white and don't qualify for shit. my majors are science and engineering with minors in manufacturing and agriculture. in 8th grade i was offered a 4 year scalorship to U of I. when graduating college prep; i was told the money was no longer available because affirmative action.
    it's too early here for my fingers to spell so forgive the mispelling.

Did it occur to you that the affirmation action person could have been a white female or a female of any race. It could have been a handicapped white male. It could have been a lie.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
    mammasan wrote:
    Well I wish you the best, but I think you are focusing to much on the negative aspects of our society. Even in this mixed up fucked up world there is stil a hell of a lot of good out there. It is my belief that this good will still be able to prevail.

i used to say the same thing. that's what got me started working with disturbed kids and doing the research i do. i thought i could change what was happening. but it's time to cry uncle. there is a lot of good but the good people don't give anything back. a cash donation here and there only pads the pockets of administrators. i give up; man.
  • MalrothMalroth Posts: 2,519
    No human is illegal.

The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.