The Police-Reunion!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• seagoat2seagoat2 Posts: 241
    Got my tics. for Dodger Stadium....I was also disappointed that I had to pay $95 bucks for a seat that doesn't look all that great.....but I'm still glad we are going. Should be fun. I saw them back in '85 at the "height of their career" as they say & man, what a great concert!!
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    seagoat2 wrote:
    Got my tics. for Dodger Stadium....I was also disappointed that I had to pay $95 bucks for a seat that doesn't look all that great.....but I'm still glad we are going. Should be fun. I saw them back in '85 at the "height of their career" as they say & man, what a great concert!!

I'll be there also. And at Staples. And they announced today the Pond on the 21st but I'm out of money. :)
  • seagoat2seagoat2 Posts: 241
    cutback wrote:
    I'll be there also. And at Staples. And they announced today the Pond on the 21st but I'm out of money. :)

I hear that!
    http://music.yahoo.com/read/news/42266720

We'll see what Sting has to say about this. :D:D
  • Clifwith1fClifwith1f Posts: 143
    Besides the Bonnaroo show, I'm going to make my way up to Louisville to see them at Churchill Downs. I managed to get a seat on the dirt track for $50! We'll see about the angle, though...
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    cutback wrote:
    http://music.yahoo.com/read/news/42266720

We'll see what Sting has to say about this. :D:D

i hope to god they do this after the current world tour , ..

i'm not shelling out bigtime bucks to hear songs that ive never heard before,...

their catalogue as it stands now is too large to cover ,...

:rolleyes:
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    i hope to god they do this after the current world tour , ..

i'm not shelling out bigtime bucks to hear songs that ive never heard before,...

their catalogue as it stands now is too large to cover ,...

:rolleyes:

hahahaha:D

i didn't think of that.....yeah i wanna hear the existing catalog..........:)
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    still no tix, yet.
    waiting on the possibility of getting tix thru a family connection, would be nice...but not holding my breath either.

this is an expensive concert year! :p
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• laudenumlaudenum Posts: 405
    didnt read all the pages,but they have been rehearsing vancouver for awahile.
    "shes stoned said the swede, and the
    mooncalf agreed" THe BANd
  • watched some of their practice gigs and it just seems like there is no energy and not alot of real happiness.. almost like it's forced or something like a bitterly divorced husband and wife brought together after 20 years for a rehashing. deff. doesn't have the vibe it did back in the day when i seen them for 22 bucks on the syncronicity tour. so shelling out 2 to 4 hundred a seat doesn't seem worth it. who knows maybe it will be better when the tour kicks off ???
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
    watched some of their practice gigs and it just seems like there is no energy and not alot of real happiness.. almost like it's forced or something like a bitterly divorced husband and wife brought together after 20 years for a rehashing. deff. doesn't have the vibe it did back in the day when i seen them for 22 bucks on the syncronicity tour. so shelling out 2 to 4 hundred a seat doesn't seem worth it. who knows maybe it will be better when the tour kicks off ???

yeah cuz all bands sound tight after not playing together for 22 years........:rolleyes:
  • cutback wrote:
    yeah cuz all bands sound tight after not playing together for 22 years........:rolleyes:
    it wasn't the sounding tight i meant. energy and the look of true happiness on their faces is what i meant and it deff. was not there.
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
    it wasn't the sounding tight i meant. energy and the look of true happiness on their faces is what i meant and it deff. was not there.

Did you watch the Whiskey show? It was sloppy, but it seemed they were having a great time. remember Sting takes his music seriously and he wants to do this right. Come the opener they should be sounding good and will get better as the tour goes along. :)

once they back up the brinks trucks to the bank , they'll be smiling a plenty.

Andy was cracking jokes left and right at the Whiskey Show ( as usual ) some things never change. ;)

where are people seeing these rehearsal shows ? , funny i havent seen or heard anything of these, even on ThePoliceTour.com.

:confused:
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    once they back up the brinks trucks to the bank , they'll be smiling a plenty.

Andy was cracking jokes left and right at the Whiskey Show ( as usual ) some things never change. ;)

where are people seeing these rehearsal shows ? , funny i havent seen or heard anything of these, even on ThePoliceTour.com.

:confused:
    http://www.thepolicetour.com/exclusives/
    cutback wrote:

strange

no matter which player i select, i only get the audio ( no video )

somethings screwed.
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    strange

no matter which player i select, i only get the audio ( no video )

somethings screwed.

the flash ones worked for me

but then isn't something always screwed ;)
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    05.03.07 Last few tickets still available for the Fan Club show for thepolicetour.com club members!

The Police will play a FAN CLUB show before they kick off their world tour in Vancouver! - This incredible event will take place on: Sun. May 27 - Vancouver, BC at GM Place @ 7:30 pm local time...
    Some tickets remain for the exclusive Fan Club gig in Vancouver on May 27, ahead of the tour opening show on Monday, May 28. Tickets are priced at the bargain figure of $50 each although you must be a fan club member in order to purchase them. Existing Police fan club members can ordered via https://tickets.thepolicetour.com/ or the tickets can be ordered from http://www.ticketmaster.ca/ where the cost of fan club membership will be added to your ticket order.

http://www.sting.com/news/news.php?uid=5392

$50 not bad....but you still had to pay the $100 fan club fee!
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
    nice bump hawk....i can't go to the fan club only show but it's only a month before my 2 shows in la....:D:D
    cutback wrote:
    nice bump hawk....i can't go to the fan club only show but it's only a month before my 2 shows in la....:D:D

Yeah I will not be checking out the fan club show here ether but I'm getting pretty excited about the 1st and 2nd official tour shows I will be at :)...Less than two weeks away!!! :D
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
    Hawkshore wrote:
    Yeah I will not be checking out the fan club show here ether but I'm getting pretty excited about the 1st and 2nd official tour shows I will be at : )...Less than two weeks away!!! :D

you live in vancouver and you will not be going to the fan club show?!?! :eek: please tell me you have something else to do that night....;) :D:D
    cutback wrote:
    you live in vancouver and you will not be going to the fan club show?!?! :eek: please tell me you have something else to do that night....;) :D:D

I know I was tempted!....but seeing as I was able to get good seats for the other two shows without paying the fan club fee I didn't really want to lay down another $100 for that.....Would have definitely picked up tickets if I was already a fan club member! Compared to the rest of the tour the fan club show is a deal at $50 ticket!
    fellas

be sure to check in after your upcoming shows.

us right coasters have to wait till august.

thanks and enjoy !
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    fellas

be sure to check in after your upcoming shows.

us right coasters have to wait till august.

thanks and enjoy !

you know it.....might run out of bandwidth....:D:D
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

Police News

05.18.07 Police Tour latest: New date confirmed for Atlantic City on November 3...

The Police Tour Fan Club presale for this show will take place on Wednesday, May 23 from 10am (local time).
    The Police Tour Fan Club is delighted to confirm a further show on the Police's world tour, as follows:

3 Nov Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City NJ

The Police Tour Fan Club presale for this show will take place on Wednesday, May 23 from 10am (local time). Head to ThePoliceTour.com Tickets at this time to purchase your tickets.

You must be a member to participate in any presales. If you are not a member yet you can find out more information Here. The public sale for this show will start at Saturday, May 26 at 10am (local time).

atlantic city, nj ?

boardwalk hall ?

trumps ?

fucking sweet.

i am so there
    platessmall.jpg
  • TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    luxpjamer wrote:
    Just heard that the police will make a reunion 2007 :);):):)
    Great!
    Amazing!
    Hope that they are gonna be as good as for 20 years !
    and hope to see them

fuck the police! any band that charged $300 a ticket can lick my balls, fuck that!
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
    TheGossman wrote:
    fuck the police! any band that charged $300 a ticket can lick my balls, fuck that!

There is no political solution
    To our troubled evolution
    Have no faith in constitution
    There is no bloody revolution

We are spirits in the material world

Our so-called leaders speak
    With words they try to jail you
    They subjugate the meek
    But it's the rhetoric of failure

Where does the answer lie?
    Living from day to day
    If it's something we can't buy
    There must be another way

Are spirits in the material world
    platessmall.jpg
  • BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    been hearing alot of shit-talking and smart ass remarks about The Police and their lack of credibility lately. I could see not being wild about Sting as a vocalist, but as far as musicianship, these guys are the real deal. Seriously, I'm 28, so I missed the boat the first time around. I've been waiting for this for 15+ yrs. And as far as the ticket prices, get a clue, its quite a competitive rate for bands of their generation and stature.

Anyway, can't wait till August 5th
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
    Brainofdz wrote:
    been hearing alot of shit-talking and smart ass remarks about The Police and their lack of credibility lately. I could see not being wild about Sting as a vocalist, but as far as musicianship, these guys are the real deal. Seriously, I'm 28, so I missed the boat the first time around. I've been waiting for this for 15+ yrs. And as far as the ticket prices, get a clue, its quite a competitive rate for bands of their generation and stature.

Anyway, can't wait till August 5th

im 40, and i missed the boat the previous years.

my friends all went to shea stadium , while i was home studying. :rolleyes: .

i am so glad to be getting a chance to see / hear these songs performed together by the boys,. and figure if they had been touring all of these past 15 years or so, theyd have made that much money anyways.

take a look at some of the prices for genesis , the who, or the rolling stones ,
    just because we happen to be spoiled by PJ and Bruce , people think that any other band(s) are exorbitantly priced can " lick their balls "..... , which is fine by me , cuz that vacancy just might get me closer on my 300 dollar ticket.

:D

cant wait for august and then november.
    AC will be awesome.
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    im 40, and i missed the boat the previous years.

my friends all went to shea stadium , while i was home studying. :rolleyes: .

i am so glad to be getting a chance to see / hear these songs performed together by the boys,. and figure if they had been touring all of these past 15 years or so, theyd have made that much money anyways.

take a look at some of the prices for genesis , the who, or the rolling stones ,
    just because we happen to be spoiled by PJ and Bruce , people think that any other band(s) are exorbitantly priced can " lick their balls "..... , which is fine by me , cuz that vacancy just might get me closer on my 300 dollar ticket.

:D

cant wait for august and then november.
    AC will be awesome.

damn straight......also let's face it the majority of police fans are in their mid-30's and older.....we should be able to afford the prices....:)