The Police-Reunion!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    cutback wrote:
    That's what I say. At least I'm there. Of course now I gotta wait until June. :p

True. I have to wait till August... :rolleyes: :p
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • i am looking foward to this
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • So Dodger Stadium goes on sale in about thirty minutes for non-fanclub members…I wonder how quickly it will sell out. Either way I should be able to catch them somewhere along the tour.

So the first time I saw Sting and his eight-piece band was in Reno. I happened to greet Billy Crystal earlier in the day when he flew into Jet West. When I got off work I headed over to the Hilton for the outdoor show. A little later Sting is calling up Robin Williams from one side of the stage and Billy Crystal from the other side. The three of them singing some song, the whole time Robin Williams is going nuts, and eight musicians playing behind them. The stage looked busier than a George Clinton and Parliment Funkadelic closer...

It’s all good, but I’m really looking forward to seeing just the stripped down trio jam.
    i am looking foward to this

Which show(s) are you hitting up?
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    yosi wrote:
    Did you get tickets to Giants Stadium? I'm trying but feel like I'm not gonna succeed.

what a clusterfuck that was this morning,...

pulled up a pair of beauties right at 9am,..

90 buck tickets , sect 129 3rd row,. then the automated system took a big crap

i persisted on the computer and pulled up a semi-decent pair in 225 - 1st row. i'm in so i dont care.

still gonna scalp MSG
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Yippee!

The Police
    General Motors Place, Vancouver, BC
    Wed, May 30, 2007 07:30 PM

Seat location: section 108, row 16, seat 109

I'm halfway up in the far left corner opposite of the stage, so I'll have a great sightline of the band as well as the atmosphere/crowd. I pulled up a ticket in the highest price range (mine's the middle one) and found it was only one section closer to the stage.

This kind of thing never happens to me. I wish it were the first show back, but 2nd will do!

Funny how I called in with a headache this morning only now to develop one due to the stress of going through the ticket-buying process. Hee hee.
    Toronto Added

26.02.07 Third Toronto date confirmed on Police tour...

Following two sell-out shows in Toronto, the Police Tour Fan Club is delighted to confirm that a third night will be added in the city later in the year.

The additional date is:

8 Nov Air Canada Centre, Toronto ON

Although this is an extra show, the Fan Club has secured club presales for members. We will advise the date and time of the presale shortly.

You must be a member to participate in any presales. If you are not a member yet you can find out more information Here.
    platessmall.jpg
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    July 19th Philly Citizens Bank Park Tickets on sale Saturday
    Presales:
    Best Buy Reward Zone: Starts: Wed. Feb. 28, 10:00 am - Ends: Fri Mar 2, 12:00pm
    The Police Fan Club: Starts: Thu. Mar. 1, 10:00 am - Ends: Fri Mar 2, 12:00pm

http://69.7.234.75/east/eventinfo/ThePoliceCitizensBankPark.php
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    what a clusterfuck that was this morning,...

pulled up a pair of beauties right at 9am,..

90 buck tickets , sect 129 3rd row,. then the automated system took a big crap

i persisted on the computer and pulled up a semi-decent pair in 225 - 1st row. i'm in so i dont care.

still gonna scalp MSG

At least you're in. I think I could have gotten better seats, but for some reason I thought they went on sale at 10, and didn't try to buy until about 9:15/9:20 and got what I could. But again, I'm just happy to be there.
    so which parking lot / gate will the Pearl Jam Police fans gonna be tailgating at ? :confused: :cool:
    platessmall.jpg
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    rockpants wrote:
    Yippee!

The Police
    General Motors Place, Vancouver, BC
    Wed, May 30, 2007 07:30 PM

Seat location: section 108, row 16, seat 109

I'm halfway up in the far left corner opposite of the stage, so I'll have a great sightline of the band as well as the atmosphere/crowd. I pulled up a ticket in the highest price range (mine's the middle one) and found it was only one section closer to the stage.

This kind of thing never happens to me. I wish it were the first show back, but 2nd will do!

Funny how I called in with a headache this morning only now to develop one due to the stress of going through the ticket-buying process. Hee hee.

Good score....so are those the $95 tickets? I also got a pair for the second show....section 103.....funny thing was I pulled up a pair in the same section 5 rows higher and they were $225 where as the ones I got in the same section 5 rows lower were $95 WTF???
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
    More Police

The Police follow sellouts with more dates

February 27, 2007 11:24 AM

by Kym Kilgore
    LiveDaily Contributor

With tickets sold out for all The Police (tickets | music) tour dates that have gone on sale so far, the band continues to add more North American shows to the jaunt, which kicks off May 28 in Vancouver, British Columbia.
    Today (2/27), the band announced stops in Edmonton, Alberta; St. Paul, MN; Cleveland; Detroit Hills, MI; Philadelphia; Hershey, PA; and Hartford, CT. More shows are expected to be announced in the coming weeks. Details about confirmed concerts are listed below.

Information about fan club presales is available at The Police tour website.

Tour promoter Live Nation reported Monday (2/26) that 415,000 tickets have been sold for the outing to date. That includes stadium gigs in Los Angeles; East Rutherford, NJ; Oakland, CA; and Boston. Second dates have been added in markets including Seattle, Vancouver and Montreal, while a third show was added in Toronto.

In a recent post on his website forum, drummer Stewart Copeland said the band is amazed by the response to its return.

"But then it wouldn't be The Police without it exceeding expectations," he said. "It was always like this. We feel so human when we are working our stuff out, but when we go in front of people, magic things happen. It's a miracle and I'm very grateful."

Police singer/bassist Sting will get to spend some quality time with his son, Joe Sumner, on the North American leg of the trek. Sumner's rock band, Fiction Plane (tickets | music), which is scheduled to release its sophomore album in May, will open the shows. The Foo Fighters will also join the bill for the tour's June 23 stop at Los Angeles' Dodger Stadium.

Email this • Digg This! • Subscribe to this feed • Blog This • Add to del.icio.us • Technorati: 1 link to this item

[Note: The following tour itinerary has been provided by artist and/or tour sources, who verify its accuracy as of the publication time of this story. Changes may occur before tickets go on sale. Check with official artist websites, ticketing sources and venues for late updates.]
    May 2007
    28, 30 - Vancouver, British Columbia - GM Place (SOLD OUT)

June 2007
    2 - Edmonton, Alberta - Commonwealth Stadium (on sale March 3)
    6 - Seattle, WA - Key Arena (SOLD OUT)
    7 - Seattle, WA - Key Arena (on sale March 5)
    9 - Denver, CO - Pepsi Center (SOLD OUT)
    13 - Oakland, CA - McAfee Coliseum (SOLD OUT)
    15 - Las Vegas, NV - MGM Grand Garden Arena (on sale to be announced)
    16 - Manchester, TN - Bonnaroo Festival
    18 - Phoenix, AZ - US Airways Arena (SOLD OUT)
    23 - Los Angeles, CA - Dodger Stadium (SOLD OUT)
    26 - Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center (on sale March 3)
    30 - New Orleans, LA - New Orleans Arena (on sale TBA)

July 2007
    2 - St. Louis, MO - Scottrade Center (on sale TBA)
    3 - St. Paul, MN - Xcel Energy Center (on sale March 5)
    16 - Cleveland, OH - Quicken Loans Arena (on sale March 3)
    17 - Auburn Hills, MI - Palace of Auburn Hills (on sale March 3)
    19 - Philadelphia, PA - Citizen's Bank Park (on sale March 3)
    20 - Hershey, PA - Hersheypark Stadium (on sale March 3)
    22-23 - Toronto, Ontario - Air Canada Centre (SOLD OUT)
    25-26 - Montreal, Quebec - Bell Centre (SOLD OUT)
    28-29 - Boston, MA - Fenway Park (SOLD OUT)
    31 - Hartford, CT - Rentschler Field (on sale March 5)

August 2007
    1, 3 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden (SOLD OUT)
    5 - East Rutherford, NJ - Giants Stadium (SOLD OUT)

November 2007
    8 - Toronto, Ontario - Air Canada Centre (on sale March 2)
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    More Police

The Police follow sellouts with more dates

February 27, 2007 11:24 AM

by Kym Kilgore
    LiveDaily Contributor

With tickets sold out for all The Police (tickets | music) tour dates that have gone on sale so far, the band continues to add more North American shows to the jaunt, which kicks off May 28 in Vancouver, British Columbia.
    Today (2/27), the band announced stops in Edmonton, Alberta; St. Paul, MN; Cleveland; Detroit Hills, MI; Philadelphia; Hershey, PA; and Hartford, CT. More shows are expected to be announced in the coming weeks. Details about confirmed concerts are listed below.

Information about fan club presales is available at The Police tour website.

Tour promoter Live Nation reported Monday (2/26) that 415,000 tickets have been sold for the outing to date. That includes stadium gigs in Los Angeles; East Rutherford, NJ; Oakland, CA; and Boston. Second dates have been added in markets including Seattle, Vancouver and Montreal, while a third show was added in Toronto.

In a recent post on his website forum, drummer Stewart Copeland said the band is amazed by the response to its return.

"But then it wouldn't be The Police without it exceeding expectations," he said. "It was always like this. We feel so human when we are working our stuff out, but when we go in front of people, magic things happen. It's a miracle and I'm very grateful."

Police singer/bassist Sting will get to spend some quality time with his son, Joe Sumner, on the North American leg of the trek. Sumner's rock band, Fiction Plane (tickets | music), which is scheduled to release its sophomore album in May, will open the shows. The Foo Fighters will also join the bill for the tour's June 23 stop at Los Angeles' Dodger Stadium.

Email this • Digg This! • Subscribe to this feed • Blog This • Add to del.icio.us • Technorati: 1 link to this item

[Note: The following tour itinerary has been provided by artist and/or tour sources, who verify its accuracy as of the publication time of this story. Changes may occur before tickets go on sale. Check with official artist websites, ticketing sources and venues for late updates.]
    May 2007
    28, 30 - Vancouver, British Columbia - GM Place (SOLD OUT)

June 2007
    2 - Edmonton, Alberta - Commonwealth Stadium (on sale March 3)
    6 - Seattle, WA - Key Arena (SOLD OUT)
    7 - Seattle, WA - Key Arena (on sale March 5)
    9 - Denver, CO - Pepsi Center (SOLD OUT)
    13 - Oakland, CA - McAfee Coliseum (SOLD OUT)
    15 - Las Vegas, NV - MGM Grand Garden Arena (on sale to be announced)
    16 - Manchester, TN - Bonnaroo Festival
    18 - Phoenix, AZ - US Airways Arena (SOLD OUT)
    23 - Los Angeles, CA - Dodger Stadium (SOLD OUT)
    26 - Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center (on sale March 3)
    30 - New Orleans, LA - New Orleans Arena (on sale TBA)

July 2007
    2 - St. Louis, MO - Scottrade Center (on sale TBA)
    3 - St. Paul, MN - Xcel Energy Center (on sale March 5)
    16 - Cleveland, OH - Quicken Loans Arena (on sale March 3)
    17 - Auburn Hills, MI - Palace of Auburn Hills (on sale March 3)
    19 - Philadelphia, PA - Citizen's Bank Park (on sale March 3)
    20 - Hershey, PA - Hersheypark Stadium (on sale March 3)
    22-23 - Toronto, Ontario - Air Canada Centre (SOLD OUT)
    25-26 - Montreal, Quebec - Bell Centre (SOLD OUT)
    28-29 - Boston, MA - Fenway Park (SOLD OUT)
    31 - Hartford, CT - Rentschler Field (on sale March 5)

August 2007
    1, 3 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden (SOLD OUT)
    5 - East Rutherford, NJ - Giants Stadium (SOLD OUT)

November 2007
    8 - Toronto, Ontario - Air Canada Centre (on sale March 2)

WOW I can't believe all of these $tadium $how$ they have $old out
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
    Hawkshore wrote:
    WOW I can't believe all of these $tadium $how$ they have $old out

and newly announced Philly and Hartford- both definitely do-able from the greater NYC area.
    platessmall.jpg
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    I'm hitting the 5/28 opener in Vancouver (have a pair of nosebleed and a pair of floor tix), and the 6/6 & 6/7 Seattle shows as of right now. Not sure if I'll do any others, yet.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    I got me a pair in the nosebleeds (sec 327) for the Giants Stadium show.

hopefully, we will pull a tail-gate together amongst any Mesage Pit people who are going.
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
    wow

just had beautiful seats in the wachovia mailing list thingy for the citizens ballpark show in philly.

even betrter then what i saw in some of the fanclub tickets .

id be all over these if i had the cashola , pulled up 2 for sect 137 ( left field / 3rd base line ) 8th row seats 3 & 4 . total : $214 .

not too terrible.

heres the seat chart for the CBP

has anyone ever been here ? This place looks pretty sweet.

cbp_police.jpg
    platessmall.jpg
  • Saturnal wrote:
    They ran out of money already?? Cripes.

Amen brother. $220 a ticket for a decent seat here at the show in Denver. Fuck that. Sting can get some other sucker to finance the new wing of his Chateau.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    wow

just had beautiful seats in the wachovia mailing list thingy for the citizens ballpark show in philly.

even betrter then what i saw in some of the fanclub tickets .

id be all over these if i had the cashola , pulled up 2 for sect 137 ( left field / 3rd base line ) 8th row seats 3 & 4 . total : $214 .

not too terrible.

heres the seat chart for the CBP

has anyone ever been here ? This place looks pretty sweet.

cbp_police.jpg

Great place to see a ballgame but not sure how good a show would be here. You did pull some sweet seats.. best I could get were 200 and 300 level at side stage and along the first base side. I figure I'll wait to the general sale on saturday and try my luck there.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

• What's the over/under on how long it will be before Sting and Stewart Copeland are at each other's throats?
    one foot in the door
    -The Replacements-
    What's the over/under on how long it will be before Sting and Stewart Copeland are at each other's throats?

That’s why I'm glade to be seeing the first two shows of the tour here.....You never no when a melt down could arise.....but then again with the kind of bucks they are going to be making from this tour particularly with the stadium shows they would have to be right fucked off with one another to pass that up!!!
  • Hawkshore wrote:
    That’s why I'm glade to be seeing the first two shows of the tour here.....You never no when a melt down could arise.....but then again with the kind of bucks they are going to be making from this tour particularly with the stadium shows they would have to be right fucked off with one another to pass that up!!!

Sting might try some Yoga/Martial Arts shit, but Copeland seems like a brawler. It would be a good fight.
    one foot in the door
    -The Replacements-
    Sting might try some Yoga/Martial Arts shit, but Copeland seems like a brawler. It would be a good fight.

reminds me of the now-famous interview ( i think it may have been for the BBC but i'm not positive ), What starts out as a joyful, laugh filled interview abruptly and suddenly turned violent when Stewart threw a glass of water in Stings face,.....
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    reminds me of the now-famous interview ( i think it may have been for the BBC but i'm not positive ), What starts out as a joyful, laugh filled interview abruptly and suddenly turned violent when Stewart threw a glass of water in Stings face,.....

I've never seen that...........I'll have to take a look on youtube for it
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Bathgate66 wrote:

Wasn't that backstage during the "Syncronicity" tour? I remember seeing it on MTV. Yes kids, MTV used to be about music. ;)
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    "They said a reunion would be an act of insanity. So what changed their minds? Under intense interrogation, the Police break down and confess all."

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/music/article1448984.ece

Here's a picture of the set list they were rehearsing in Vancover. :)

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k16/cutback32/376013ea87.jpg
    :cool:

so i hear the Philly Show- at Citizens Bank Park ( this park looks sweet- new ! ) - is not [/b[ a Ticketmaster event. :eek:

does anyone know how one goes about getting these tickets ( for general onsales ? ) :confused:

platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:

so i hear the Philly Show- at Citizens Bank Park ( this park looks sweet- new ! ) - is not [/b[ a Ticketmaster event. :eek:

does anyone know how one goes about getting these tickets ( for general onsales ? ) :confused:

http://www.comcasttix.com

Comcast controls ticket sales for Spectrum, Wachovia Center, some CBP events, as well as the Borgata and a few others venues in and around Philly. But the fees are basically the same :(

Admin

• lateraluslateralus Posts: 111
    yeah, they come to mannheim, that's where i come from :D

if i hadn't spent all my money on pearl jam, i'd go there ^^
    13/9/06: Bern
    12/6/07: Munich
    23/6/07: Southside Festival
    chromiam wrote:
    http://www.comcasttix.com

Comcast controls ticket sales for Spectrum, Wachovia Center, some CBP events, as well as the Borgata and a few others venues in and around Philly. But the fees are basically the same :(

thanks chromiam

appreciated .

only pulling up the 200s for 200 bucks apiece.

F that .......
    platessmall.jpg