The Police-Reunion!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Anyone need tickets for Twickenham?

Got them before extra Birmingham ones went on sale... available face value... pm me...
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Poncier wrote:
    (So Bath you may get some MSG tix after all)

fucking halloweeen in NYC ?

are they out of their fucking minds ?

silly englishmen in ny ( sans Stewart )

i dont go into manhattan on halloween- too many freaks and fags running wild in the streets.

no thanks.

thankfully, a fan sent me a PM selling me an extra pair for face for the first MSG go around- for the friday night show on 8-3-07.

:)
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,858
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    fucking halloweeen in NYC ?

are they out of their fucking minds ?

silly englishmen in ny ( sans Stewart )

i dont go into manhattan on halloween- too many freaks and fags running wild in the streets.

no thanks.

thankfully, a fan sent me a PM selling me an extra pair for face for the first MSG go around- for the friday night show on 8-3-07.

Come on now, are you scared of a bunch of pixie fairies?

I wouldnt let that keep ya out of the city.

I am done trying to get tix to any MSG shows (Except PJ of course). Too expensive and I never can get decent seats.

I cant go to the Aug shows because Im hitting lolla.

AC on a weekend, smaller venue, cheaper tix-perfect
    this is what a presale code got me today on ticketmaster ( still there, too )

Event
    The Police
    Madison Square Garden, New York, NY
    Wed, Oct 31, 2007 08:00 PM
    Your Ticket(s)

Section Row Type Ticket Price Convenience Charge Description
    111 E Reward Zone(r) Program Presale US $254.50 US $14.95
    Price Level 1
    PROMENADE 100 LEVEL SEATING
    SEATS ARE TO THE SIDE OF THE STAGE

111 E Reward Zone(r) Program Presale US $254.50 US $14.95

Seats: 9 to 10 |seating chart

If you don't want these tickets, give them up and search again.

geeze louise

every seat in the garden is good, why would someone lay out this cabbage when they can sit 1 section over , or towards the other side of this spectacular arena..... i dunno, thats crazy .

:eek: :eek:
    platessmall.jpg
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,711
    If the Cops are selling side stage seats for the top price, they should be arrested.

They are probably a good sightline, but those seats are always the lower price level.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    Poncier wrote:
    If the Cops are selling side stage seats for the top price, they should be arrested.

They are probably a good sightline, but those seats are always the lower price level.

In Vancouver side stage were either $100 or $125....front of stage $225!!!
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
    a member off the police boards contacted me

and came thru with a pair,

for face ( 220 for the pair ) for the 8-3-07 ( friday night 2nd ) MSG show.

i'd rather go then in lieu of halloween.

those 3 will be it for me on this extended police tour.,

bring on pearl jam and bruce.

;)
    platessmall.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Police drummer rips band's "lame" concert

By Dean Goodman Fri Jun 1, 3:56 AM ET

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The singer in the Police jumps like a "petulant pansy," the drummer is making a "complete hash," and who knows what the guitarist is doing?

Notes from a bitter critic? Actually, it's a disarmingly frank concert review from the aforementioned drummer of the newly reunited rock trio.

A philosophical Stewart Copeland unleashed his vitriol in a posting on his Web site on Thursday, a day after the band played its second show in Vancouver, the Canadian city where it began its first world tour in more than 20 years on Monday.

"This is unbelievably lame," Copeland wrote of Wednesday's show at the GM Place arena. "We are the mighty Police and we are totally at sea."

Most of the 20,000 fans at the venue might not have noticed a series of small flubs, but Copeland, singer/bassist Sting, and guitarist were painfully aware of them.

Copeland started the show off on the wrong foot, literally. He tripped as he took to the stage, and then banged his gong at the wrong time so that "the big pompous opening to the show is a damp squib."

He did not hear Summers' opening riff to "Message In a Bottle," and Sting in turn misheard Copeland's drum intro -- "so we are half a bar out of sync with each other. Andy is in Idaho."

They quickly recovered, but then Sting got his footwork wrong as he leapt into the air to signal the end to a shambolic version of their rat-race rant "Synchronicity II."

"The mighty Sting momentarily looks like a petulant pansy instead of the god of rock," Copeland reported.

"And so it goes, for song after song," he wrote, with tunes such as "Every Little Thing She Does is Magic" and "Don't Stand So Close To Me" reduced to ruin.

"It usually takes about four or five shows in a tour before you get to the disaster gig. But we're The Police so we are a little ahead of schedule," he said.

Fortunately, no fists flew backstage as they did back in the Police's heyday. The threesome fell into each other's arms laughing hysterically, Copeland said.

"Screw it, it's only music. What are you gonna do? But maybe it's time to get out of Vancouver."

The band's next show is set for Saturday in Edmonton.
  • bryn_cmbsbryn_cmbs Posts: 407
    cutback wrote:
    Police drummer rips band's "lame" concert

By Dean Goodman Fri Jun 1, 3:56 AM ET

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The singer in the Police jumps like a "petulant pansy," the drummer is making a "complete hash," and who knows what the guitarist is doing?

Notes from a bitter critic? Actually, it's a disarmingly frank concert review from the aforementioned drummer of the newly reunited rock trio.

A philosophical Stewart Copeland unleashed his vitriol in a posting on his Web site on Thursday, a day after the band played its second show in Vancouver, the Canadian city where it began its first world tour in more than 20 years on Monday.

"This is unbelievably lame," Copeland wrote of Wednesday's show at the GM Place arena. "We are the mighty Police and we are totally at sea."

Most of the 20,000 fans at the venue might not have noticed a series of small flubs, but Copeland, singer/bassist Sting, and guitarist were painfully aware of them.

Copeland started the show off on the wrong foot, literally. He tripped as he took to the stage, and then banged his gong at the wrong time so that "the big pompous opening to the show is a damp squib."

He did not hear Summers' opening riff to "Message In a Bottle," and Sting in turn misheard Copeland's drum intro -- "so we are half a bar out of sync with each other. Andy is in Idaho."

They quickly recovered, but then Sting got his footwork wrong as he leapt into the air to signal the end to a shambolic version of their rat-race rant "Synchronicity II."

"The mighty Sting momentarily looks like a petulant pansy instead of the god of rock," Copeland reported.

"And so it goes, for song after song," he wrote, with tunes such as "Every Little Thing She Does is Magic" and "Don't Stand So Close To Me" reduced to ruin.

"It usually takes about four or five shows in a tour before you get to the disaster gig. But we're The Police so we are a little ahead of schedule," he said.

Fortunately, no fists flew backstage as they did back in the Police's heyday. The threesome fell into each other's arms laughing hysterically, Copeland said.

"Screw it, it's only music. What are you gonna do? But maybe it's time to get out of Vancouver."

The band's next show is set for Saturday in Edmonton.

10-1 they don't make it to the end of the tour.
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    Stewart C's Very own words are nothing short of briliant.

Stewart Copeland

“Whenever you’re ready Mr. Copeland” says Charlie, the production manager, as two crew members hold aside the giant gong, creating just enough space for me to slither onto my percussion stage, which is still down in its pit. I leap on board but my foot catches something and I sprawl into the arena in a jumble as the little stage starts to rise into view. Never mind. The audience is screaming with anticipation as I collect myself in the dark and start to warm, up the gong with a few gentle taps. But I’m overdoing it. It’s resonating and reaching it’s crescendo before the stage has fully reached its position. Sort of like a premature ejaculation. There’s nothing for it so I take a big swing for the big hit. Problem is, I’m just fractionally too far away and the beater misses the sweet spot and the big pompous opening to the show is a damp squib. Never mind.

I stride manfully to my drums. Andy has started the opening guitar riff to MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE and the crowd is going nuts. Problem is, I missed hearing him start. Is he on the first time around or the second? I look over at Sting and he’s not much help, his cue is me – and I’m lost. Never mind. “Crack!” on the snare and I’m in, so Sting starts singing. Problem is, he heard my crack as two in the bar, but it was actually four – so we are half a bar out of sync with each other. Andy is in Idaho.

Well we are professionals so we soon get sorted, but the groove is eluding us. We crash through MESSAGE and then go strait into SYNCHRONICITY. But there is just something wrong. We just can’t get on the good foot. We shamble through the song and hit the big ending. Last night Sting did a big leap for the cut-off hit, and he makes the same move tonight, but he gets the footwork just a little bit wrong and doesn’t quite achieve lift-off. The mighty Sting momentarily looks like a petulant pansy instead of the god of rock. Never Mind. Next song is going to be great…

But it isn’t. We get to the end of the first verse and I snap into the chorus groove – and Sting doesn’t. He’s still in the verse. We’ll have to listen to the tapes tomorrow to see who screwed up, but we are so off kilter that Sting counts us in to begin the song again. This is ubeLIEVably lame. We are the mighty Police and we are totally at sea.

And so it goes, for song after song. All I can think about is how Dietmar is going to string us up. In rehearsal this afternoon we changed the keys of EVERY LITTLE THING and DON’T STAND SO CLOSE so needless to say Andy and Sting are now on-stage in front of twenty thousand fans playing avant-garde twelve-tone hodgepodges of both tunes. Lost, lost, lost. I also changed my part for DON’T STAND and it’s actually working quite well but there is a dissonant noise coming from my two colleagues. In WALKING/FOOTSTEPS, I worked out a cool rhythm change for the rock-a-billy guitar solo, but now I make a complete hash of it – by playing it in the wrong part of the song. It’s not sounding so cool.

It usually takes about four or five shows in a tour before you get to the disaster gig. But we’re The Police so we are a little ahead of schedule. It’s only the second show (not counting the fan gig – 4,000 people doesn’t count as a gig in the Police scale of things).
    When we meet up back-stage for the first time after the set and before the encores, we fall into each other’s arms laughing hysterically. Above our heads, the crowd is making so much noise that we can’t talk. We just shake our heads ruefully and head back up the stairs to the stage. Funny thing is, we are enjoying ourselves anyway. Screw it, it’s only music. What are you gonna do? But maybe it’s time to get out of Vancouver…

Now excuse me while I go sell some blood, bone marrow and a kidney in order to buy some Police tickets.....
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,858
    Poncier wrote:

top price for front of the floor and lower level close to stage
    $350+fees!!!!!!!!!!!
  • chris05chris05 Posts: 347
    yeh im goin to see them in july...im gettin worried about this tour lasting that long also.
    Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
    this story about stewarts comments were all over the NYC tabloids today.

i think certain people took little segments out of context.

sounds like all the boys had some awkwardness to deal with that particular night- no biggie.

as long as they are all smiles and hugging it out at the end of the show , then all is good

as opposed to back in the day when perhaps some fists might be flying :eek:

it'll be good,....
    platessmall.jpg
    stewart's rant was just that - a stewart rant.....self-deprecating and fun....this is gonna be a kickass tour....17 days to my first show....:D:D:D:D
    Poncier wrote:

In Boston at the Garden, side Loges 15 and 20 (very good seats) were the $95 price.
    Guess they like to stick it to NY
    Poncier wrote:
    In Boston at the Garden, side Loges 15 and 20 (very good seats) were the $95 price.
    Guess they like to stick it to NY

side stage seats ( similiar to those sections you described at the boston venue ) , alltho very limited, were also available at 100 bucks prices.

stick it to NY ?

did you hear about the infamous Shea Stadium shows ?

those were supposed to be fantastic, maybe they just saw the rapid NY fans and ceased the opportunity to make $ome money.

;)
    platessmall.jpg
    Stewarts Forum

looks like if you sign up, you can send stewart a personal message. :eek:
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    side stage seats ( similiar to those sections you described at the boston venue ) , alltho very limited, were also available at 100 bucks prices.

stick it to NY ?

;)
    I dunno bath:
    Compare section 111 at your Garden:
    http://www.ticketmaster.com/seatingchart/237569/1453

at $254.50 plus fees

to Loge 15 or 20 at my Garden:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/seatingchart/8337/16495

for $95.00 plus fees

Pretty much exact same proximity to the stage for big price difference.
    your garden looks alot smaller then my garden :eek:

i didnt say all seats- only very few -

i also do not think NY is the exclusive ones getting " stuck it to " ,
    generally all the seats at all the different venues were overpriced.

i mean, this is all from a band that allows the sponsor / ( commercial for bestbuy ) customers to get access to tickets before their fanclub members ,... so go figure.

Regardless im just happy to be able to hear and see these guys perform together as a band , after missing the first go-around tours , back when i was young, & somewhat responsible and in school .

platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Regardless im just happy to be able to hear and see these guys perform together as a band , after missing the first go-around tours , back when i was young, & somewhat responsible and in school .:)

totally agree....to put it in pearl jam terms....imagine if pj broke up after say yield and you were 13 and had yet to see them live.....then flash forward to 23 years later and they're getting back together....i'd pay whatever it took within my means....just to be at the show is enough for me....luckily i have the money to afford the better seats and multiple shows...:)
    Bathgate66 wrote:

Regardless im just happy to be able to hear and see these guys perform together as a band , after missing the first go-around tours , back when i was young, & somewhat responsible and in school .

Yeah my only time seeing them was the Amnesty Int'l show at your Giants Stadium in 1986, only a 6 song set, but it did have the Bono duet on Invisible Sun, which I certainly won't get this time around.
    OK

so nobody on this forum from Seattle attended the show(s) , and wants to share with all of us right coasters ? ? ?

:confused:

the first 2 shows seem to have the same setlist

Setlist
    Message in a Bottle
    Synchronicity II
    Don't Stand So Close to Me Voices Inside My Head
    When the World Is Running Down
    Spirits in the Material World
    Driven to Tears
    Walking on the Moon
    Truth Hits Everybody
    Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic
    Wrapped Around Your Finger
    The Bed's Too Big Without You
    Murder by Numbers
    De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da
    Invisible Sun
    Walking in Your Footsteps
    Can't Stand Losing You
    Roxanne
    King of Pain
    So Lonely
    Every Breath You Take
    Next to You

virtual ticket on the site lists the setlists.

no " Demolition Man " in the set ? :confused:
    i hope they switch it up ! :eek:
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    OK

so nobody on this forum from Seattle attended the show(s) , and wants to share with all of us right coasters ? ? ?

seriously....where is anyone?.....as a side note.....i filled my shuffle with all police and listen while i walk my dog in the morning and evenings.....i'm definitely getting pumped for the shows....:D:D
  • CServantCServant Posts: 1,182
    They're here this weekend, and tix are a dime a dozen. Probably doesn't help the 1st couple shows got slammed in the reviews here. I'm tempted to jump on board for the 2nd show for the price, but it doesn't sound like they'll be changing things up much. I'm just glad I bought the "cheap seats" when they went on sale.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,276
    CServant wrote:
    They're here this weekend, and tix are a dime a dozen. Probably doesn't help the 1st couple shows got slammed in the reviews here. I'm tempted to jump on board for the 2nd show for the price, but it doesn't sound like they'll be changing things up much. I'm just glad I bought the "cheap seats" when they went on sale.

really what did the reviews say ?? just curius i'm not attending any of the shows but would not mind knowing what they sound like .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    cutback wrote:
    seriously....where is anyone?.....as a side note.....i filled my shuffle with all police and listen while i walk my dog in the morning and evenings.....i'm definitely getting pumped for the shows....:D:D
    I was at the Seattle show on Wednesday, and it was awesome! I went on craigslist, and got a ticket super cheap. Section 117, Row 19, Seat 1 on the aisle. And never mind them not mixing up the set, I'm just ecstatic that they're playing. Not worth the outrageous asking price, but there are deals out there if you care to look.
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
    Bathgate66 wrote:

no " Demolition Man " in the set ? :confused:
    i hope they switch it up ! :eek:

maybe they ll work up to it after europe.

platessmall.jpg
    Lukin66 wrote:
    I was at the Seattle show on Wednesday, and it was awesome! I went on craigslist, and got a ticket super cheap. Section 117, Row 19, Seat 1 on the aisle. And never mind them not mixing up the set, I'm just ecstatic that they're playing. Not worth the outrageous asking price, but there are deals out there if you care to look.
    I think the market is way saturated. I think the brokers & amateur internet scalpers forced the quick sell outs early and are finding demand not quite so high, hence why Fenway sold out (I expect some serious releases and major price droppage on the secondary markets come July) and the TD Garden still has tix aplenty. Those who didn't "sell" what they bought for the first leg have stayed away from the return shows in the fall.

Anyone who wants to go should wait till its close to show date in your city and then hunt for tix on ebay/craig's list etc. I think there'll be bargains aplenty.
    Poncier wrote:
    I think the market is way saturated. I think the brokers & amateur internet scalpers forced the quick sell outs early and are finding demand not quite so high, hence why Fenway sold out (I expect some serious releases and major price droppage on the secondary markets come July) and the TD Garden still has tix aplenty. Those who didn't "sell" what they bought for the first leg have stayed away from the return shows in the fall.

Anyone who wants to go should wait till its close to show date in your city and then hunt for tix on ebay/craig's list etc. I think there'll be bargains aplenty.

[size=-2]i love the multiple usage of aplenty.[/size]

platessmall.jpg
    a friend of mine asked me to check the status of the atlantic city show.

turns out the Ticketmaster page is only offering the 350 dollar seats , for a pair together. This is after checking " best avaialble "
    and after i tried for the 100 buck seats- ( which told me sold out)

this is going to be a good show- the sound at this venue is prettty good.
    platessmall.jpg