The Police-Reunion!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    thanks chromiam

appreciated .

only pulling up the 200s for 200 bucks apiece.

F that .......

Did you try the Silver package?? If you pick that, they offer field seats but in the rear part of seating (sect NN). Cost is only $90/ticket plus taxes though
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    chromiam wrote:
    Did you try the Silver package?? If you pick that, they offer field seats but in the rear part of seating (sect NN). Cost is only $90/ticket plus taxes though

ahhhh

genius !
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • jeffgqjeffgq Posts: 97
    gonna try and score some upper bowl for tampa.

this will be my SECOND time seeing them. first time was my very first show in the summer of '83 when i was 11. 150 shows later, its still in my top 5 best concerts.
    August 23rd, 1998 - Detroit (Palace of Auburn Hills)
    October 7th, 2000 - Detroit (Palace of Auburn Hills)
    April 11th, 2003 - West Palm Beach (Sound Advice Amp.)
    October 8th, 2004 - Kissimmee (Silver Spurs Arena)
    June 11th, 2008 - West Palm Beach (Cruzan Amp.)
    November 30th, 2012 - Eddie Solo - Fort Lauderdale (Broward Center for the Performing Arts)
    April 8th, 2016 - Fort Lauderdale (BB&T Center)
    August 18th, 2018 - Chicago (Wrigley Field)
  • SpacetoadSpacetoad Posts: 78
    Little annoyed over the prices.
    They play Manchester UK in October and prices start £65 - £80 (approx double it for US $).

I know the Stones charge the earth but that's stadiums, this is an indoor arena.
    I saw Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters and Audioslave at the same place for around £25.

I desparately want to see them and yes have seen the arguement that if I want it bad enough I will find the money - and I probably will.

Ticketmaster have a link to join the fanclub at a mere £53!

Thank you 10c for not ripping us off!
    "oh when I was a kid, oh how magic it seemed"

Manchester, England (June 04, 2000) £27.50
    Leeds, England (August 25, 2006) £40
    Manchester, England (August 17, 2009) £50 - I think
    Manchester, UK (June 20, 2012) £50 - I think
    American Express presents BST Hyde Park (July 08, 2022) £80
    Manchester, June 2024 - TBC £160!!!

"Don't sweat the petty things, don't pet the sweaty things"
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    I just got floor seats for Staples Center. Didn't want to pay that price but what the hell.

E-YO!!
  • Housing JimHousing Jim Posts: 644
    I'm going to try and get some tickets for their October show in Cardiff that goes on sale tomorrow morning.

Top whack tickets are £85 but if you want to see anything decent then I think it's worth paying the price.
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • whitepantswhitepants Posts: 727
    I got tickets! :D Me and my PJ buddy and his wife are going to the July 17th Detroit show!

I ain't never seen them in concert before, but have been a fan since 1980!
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    The Police costs look cheap compared to Genesis that just got announced. Wow!
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,276
    high prices for a greatest hit tour no thanks .........
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,711
    even flow? wrote:
    The Police costs look cheap compared to Genesis that just got announced. Wow!
    Actually very similar.
    Boston Police prices are: $55, $95 and $225 (Fenway)
    Boston Genesis prices are: $57, $82, $127 and $227 (Garden)

The Garden adds 2 bucks a ticket, so the high and low price are essentially equal, the difference is the middle where the Police have 1 price, $95 and Genesis has 2, $80 and $125.

But I think that the Police demand will match the price structure...I don't think the same for Genesis...I sense a lot of seats on the secondary markets when brokers and amateur resellers overstimate the demand for Genesis, especially at those prices.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • got my tickets for first night Denver!!!!
    "One good thing about music: when it hits you feel no pain. So hit me with music!"
    how the fuck does one feel satisfied with picking only 5 ?

:eek:

i picked Miss Gradenko , The Beds Too Big Without You , Demolition Man , Hungry For You , Walking On The Moon

oh yeah - finally got my Giants Stadium Tickets in the snail mail today.

cool .
    platessmall.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    I know. I thought it would be a setlist - at least 20 songs but anyway.

I chose Bring on the Night, Walking on the Moon, Low Life, One World & Driven to Tears.
  • KaddikatKaddikat Posts: 1,194
    I cannot wait I scored 4th row center tix. HOLY SHIT. *jumps up and down and faints * :D:D:D:D

dooo dooo dooo daaa daaa daa. AHAHAHAHAh :D:D:D :
    **Get outa my way, just step aside, or pay the price ~ AC/DC**

You make me feel uncalm and I think I like it - 311

JEFF ROX MY SOX!

"Jeff is just a badass all the way across the board" ~aNiMaL~

"Chill out Kaddikat"
    Kaddikat wrote:
    I cannot wait I scored 4th row center tix. HOLY SHIT. *jumps up and down and faints * :D:D:D:D

dooo dooo dooo daaa daaa daa. AHAHAHAHAh :D:D:D :

wow----must be nice to be rich.

even for the police, i refuse to pay 225 / a ticket.

enjoy the show(s)
    platessmall.jpg
  • jeffgqjeffgq Posts: 97
    Bathgate66 wrote:

enjoy the show(s)

agreed....Nirvana better reunite in order for me to pay 225.....with that being said, just scored the front row in the upper bowl for the tampa show ($50 bucks)..im content
    August 23rd, 1998 - Detroit (Palace of Auburn Hills)
    October 7th, 2000 - Detroit (Palace of Auburn Hills)
    April 11th, 2003 - West Palm Beach (Sound Advice Amp.)
    October 8th, 2004 - Kissimmee (Silver Spurs Arena)
    June 11th, 2008 - West Palm Beach (Cruzan Amp.)
    November 30th, 2012 - Eddie Solo - Fort Lauderdale (Broward Center for the Performing Arts)
    April 8th, 2016 - Fort Lauderdale (BB&T Center)
    August 18th, 2018 - Chicago (Wrigley Field)
  • parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    90 Euros for a field ticket in Amsterdam. To me, the Police can screw themselves...
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • The more I hear about these Ripoff Reunion tours (so Phil Collins can pay alimony on his 3 ex-wives or Sting could build a statue of himself) the more thankful I am for the 10 Club!

Imagine paying $100 for the Police Fan Club and paying $250 per ticket (after fees) to get seats at best 30 rows from the stage! Plus they are doing nothing to stop the scalpers. Lot of excuses from their fan clubs that "they can't stop the scalpers". PJ had the obvious solution. Distribute the tickets AT THE VENUE! No more scalpers!! For $250 a ticket I think they could go the extra mile to hire people to distribute tix at the show!

WE ARE ALL VERY SPOILED HERE :) ! Glad my favorite band takes care of its own!
    6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis
    PJ had the obvious solution. Distribute the tickets AT THE VENUE! No more scalpers!! For $250 a ticket I think they could go the extra mile to hire people to distribute tix at the show!

sorry to break it to you, but SPRINGSTEEN has been doing this , far longer then Pearl Jam . I should also point out,. that no matter wqhere your seats are for a BRUCE show, all prices are the same .
    You go to the venue , you need a photo ID as well as tyhe credit card used for the ticket purchase , then you are either shuffled right into the show ( so theres no going outside , scalping, ect ) OR they give you a bracelet with your tickets when you pick them up, and this bracelet needs to be in tact later on that night to be admitted.
    platessmall.jpg
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    sorry to break it to you, but SPRINGSTEEN has been doing this , far longer then Pearl Jam . I should also point out,. that no matter wqhere your seats are for a BRUCE show, all prices are the same .
    You go to the venue , you need a photo ID as well as tyhe credit card used for the ticket purchase , then you are either shuffled right into the show ( so theres no going outside , scalping, ect ) OR they give you a bracelet with your tickets when you pick them up, and this bracelet needs to be in tact later on that night to be admitted.

Springsteen is THE MAN! I had the pleasure of seeing him play FENWAY and GILLETTE stadium the same year!

...AMAZING!

And all seats are the same price...just like DMB!
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Oh yeah...

I got my tickets to see The Police at FENWAY also! Can't wait!

I just wish that PJ would open, seeing as how FOO FIGHTERS are openening in LA LA LAND.
    wrigley gets a show as well!

2 baseball stadiums in 1 city ?

wow .

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    platessmall.jpg
  • PJPATPJPAT Posts: 399
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    wrigley gets a show as well!

2 baseball stadiums in 1 city ?

wow .

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

There will be 2 shows at Wrigley. July 5th and probably the 6th.

I registered to buy tickets through my season tickets with the Cubs.
    "All the money you make will never buy back your soul" Bob Dylan

"I need honesty, I need truth, and I need hope...I need it! That's what music means to me." EV
  • KaddikatKaddikat Posts: 1,194
    Bathgate66 wrote:

enjoy the show(s)

it is! I love it. Our $$$mall Connecticut cottage is worth over $500K.. (true) :D:D The cottage will look like a shack once the man$$$$$$ion is complete!!!!!!!! (joke) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p

All jokes aside - HELL FUCKIN YEAH I'm gonna enjoy the shows. My ass will be rocking out big hair flyin! FUCK YEAH. :D:D:D:D

$200 a ticket? So what? If you got the stash, spend the cash. :) I know Im not the only one that has a "tour" budget/stash. :D
    **Get outa my way, just step aside, or pay the price ~ AC/DC**

You make me feel uncalm and I think I like it - 311

JEFF ROX MY SOX!

"Jeff is just a badass all the way across the board" ~aNiMaL~

"Chill out Kaddikat"
    wow

nice to be modest, humble too.

:D
    platessmall.jpg
  • bryn_cmbsbryn_cmbs Posts: 407
    The Police will playing Churchill Downs in Louisville (KY) on July 14th. Tickets go on sale next Monday.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/16003E69A8FD6AF6?artistid=1101273&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1&brand=police
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    The more I hear about these Ripoff Reunion tours (so Phil Collins can pay alimony on his 3 ex-wives or Sting could build a statue of himself) the more thankful I am for the 10 Club!

Imagine paying $100 for the Police Fan Club and paying $250 per ticket (after fees) to get seats at best 30 rows from the stage! Plus they are doing nothing to stop the scalpers. Lot of excuses from their fan clubs that "they can't stop the scalpers". PJ had the obvious solution. Distribute the tickets AT THE VENUE! No more scalpers!! For $250 a ticket I think they could go the extra mile to hire people to distribute tix at the show!

I like how you included Genesis in your ripoff reunion list but didn't mention that their fan club is only $35 and you have the opportunity to buy 4 tickets during a fan club only presale, where you can split the 4 tickets any way you want (4 singles for 4 shows, a pair to 2 shows, 4 for 1 show, etc). And as has been mentioned Springsteen has the best way to curtail scalpers, all tickets will call with bracelets or immediate entrance into the show. That basically kills all chances of ticket scalping.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
    chromiam wrote:
    And as has been mentioned Springsteen has the best way to curtail scalpers, all tickets will call with bracelets or immediate entrance into the show. That basically kills all chances of ticket scalping.

And also, all tickets , no matter how proximal or not to the stage , are the same price.
    platessmall.jpg
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    Saturnal wrote:
    They ran out of money already?? Cripes.

they must have, ticket prices are stupid...

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks