The Police-Reunion!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Bathgate66 wrote:
    wrong.

foo fighters are only opening, along with fiction plane, at the LA Show(s)

Damn. Foo opening would have been awesome.

How do you know that??
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Jammin909 wrote:
    Damn. Foo opening would have been awesome.

How do you know that??

you doubt me ?

LOL

The Police News
    20.02.07 Additional shows in Los Angeles, Oakland and East Rutherford announced...

The Police Tour Fan Club is happy to announce three new tour dates and The Police Tour Fan Club members-only presales for these concert dates. The recently announced stops include Los Angeles, Oakland, CA and another tour date in the New York City area - an August 5 stop at Giants Stadium! Along with these 3 tour dates, The Police Tour Fan Club is happy to announce that the Foo Fighters will be joining Fiction Plane as support for the Los Angeles date!
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    you doubt me ?

LOL

The Police News

NEVER! I used to follow your U2 thread.

I have never seen The Police or Foo Fighters and seeing them together would be one hell of a show!
    The less you know, the more you believe.
    Jammin909 wrote:

I have never seen The Police or Foo Fighters and seeing them together would be one hell of a show!

JK

i have never seen either also ( alltho i did see sting solo )
    would definitely be a cool thing - too bad its the left coast only.

maybe sting will hook up with bruce at Giants Stadium ( it is Bruces house,....)
    platessmall.jpg
  • Jammin909 wrote:

Yeah I was referring to LA, since thats where I live. Foos are a great opener. Great band period. Hopefully that will be enouh to fill the seats. Dodger Stadium is LARGE. Foos only opening the Stadium shows for now,
  • You know, I was pretty pumped to see these guys. But a quick scan of ebay, seeing people trying to sell presale passwords for $300-500, and tickets from brokers at $1K or more apiece....what a clusterfuck.

If I don't get decent seats via a presale, I won't be going. Who the fuck buys these broker tickets anyway? Hell, I have to spend an additional $500 or so in travel, because they won't be coming to KC, unless it's when they are rumored to return in late 2007, and the new Sprint Center is open here.

All those whiny fuckers complaining about the 10C...take a look at this fiasco.

And people wonder why I only listen to PJ and Ben Harper religiously...
    Anyone who pays a broker deserves the misery. Its real easy. If you dont get tickets to the show at face, wait until the week of your show and wait for the brokers to dump their inventory. Never fails.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,711
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    so will you sell a guy your season ticket priveleged tickets ?
    You've mistaken me for a guy (say bostonlou) with the finacial resources to have Red Sox season tix.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    FOO FIGHTERS TO OPEN. NOW DO YOU THINK IT WONT SELL?

Oh, I didn't mean it wouldn't sell. I just meant less hassle in terms of trying to find a person who will sell me tickets. But Foo's opening only gives me more reason to want to go. I've never seen them, and think it could be fun.

Edit: Plus I was talking about E Rutherford.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
    how many seats does Fenway hold for a rock concert ? I saw Bruce there back in '03, and they roped off much of the field level ( the entire infield out past the dirt ) so there were no seats there.

I know Giants Stadium holds between 75,000- 80,000 for a rock show .
    I will not be attending Giants Stadium if I am not within a reasonable distance from the boys- and plus, the sound is diminished inside the gargantuan Stadium.

The Gardens sound is second to none ,. i'm hoping the prices fall as showtime gets closer .
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    how many seats does Fenway hold for a rock concert ? I saw Bruce there back in '03, and they roped off much of the field level ( the entire infield out past the dirt ) so there were no seats there.

I will not be attending Giants Stadium if I am not within a reasonable distance from the boys- and plus, the sound is diminished inside the gargantuan Stadium.

The Gardens sound is second to none ,. i'm hoping the prices fall as showtime gets closer .
    As I recall when Bruce played, one of the newspapers had an article the Friday before the shows with some stats and I think the concert capacity was in the 36,000 range.
    Bleachers are not sold,(Although the Cops have bleachers as an option on TM, not sure how) and the field seats make up for that number plus a few more.
  • Bathgate66 wrote:

giant stadium is horrific for a concert. i definitely want to see them at msg. i am not paying $200 a ticket though for what whill likely be 90 minutes of police music. as much as i would love to see them again, to me, that's simply insanity. so i shall hope that i will be able to find tix at a reasonable price later on.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

giant stadium is horrific for a concert.

definitely agree here,..

that is unless youre a few rows from the stage, otherwise the performers look like ants on the stage .

not to even mention the sound , ugh , the bounce back echoes from the other side of the stadium- not very good .

i suspect the Garden tickets will come down as show time approaches ( who the fluck is going to pay 1000 bucks for section 400s at MSG ? :confused: ) & also- there is the distinct possibility that there will be ticket drops , to fill in all the vacancies that went unsold .
    platessmall.jpg
    THE POLICE
    with special guest
    Fiction Plane
    Sunday, August 5 at 6:30 PM
    Giants Stadium
    Ticket Prices: $52, $92, $252

Don't miss the summer's hottest ticket as The Police bring their timeless blend of reggae, punk, jazz and rock to Giants Stadium.

Tickets for this event go on sale Mon., February 26 at 9 AM. There is no Meadowlands All AccessSM presale for this event.

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS
    (If link is not active, go to meadowlands.com)

The Official Tour VIP Package
    This unique package includes: preferred seating, reserved parking, hospitality service and an exclusive tour gift.

The package starts at $322 per person.

To book this exclusive opportunity, call 201-460-4370.

The VIP Package will be available today starting at 9 AM. This offer is subject to availability.

RINGLING BROS. AND BARNUM & BAILEY® CIRCUS
    BellobrationSM
    March 7-12
    Continental Airlines Arena
    Ticket Prices: $15, $20, $28, $50, $70, $150

Bellobration is an interactive and high-energy circus extravaganza filled with non-stop action. Bello performs alongside Asian elephants, Royal Bengal and exotic white tigers, and gravity-defying acrobats, all in an electrifying story line guaranteed to captivate children of all ages.

Tickets on sale now!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS

INTERNATIONAL FIGHT LEAGUE
    Thursday, August 2 at 7:30 PM
    Ticket Prices: $42, $67, $127, $177

Find out which team will reign supreme at the International Fight League's 2007 World Premiere Season Semifinals! Watch as the best of the best battle it out for top honors in the first professional sports league for Mixed Martial Arts. Be here live for this historic first!

As a member of Meadowlands All AccessSM, you have the opportunity to purchase tickets now through Wednesday, Feb. 28 at 11:59 PM, before they go on sale to the general public Thursday, Mar. 1 at 11 AM.

INTERNET PRESALE
    Now through Wednesday, February 28 at 11:59 PM
    Password: MEADOW

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS

Reserved Parking ($25 - regular parking is $12) is available for this event and can be purchased in the "Would You Like to Add" section of the Ticketmaster purchase page. This section is located after the "Shipping Method" section on the event page.

NICKELBACK
    with special guest
    Three Days Grace &
    Breaking Benjamin
    March 5
    buy tickets
    more information

JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE
    with special guest
    P!nk
    March 29
    buy tickets
    more information

CHRISTINA AGUILERA
    with special guest
    Pussycat Dolls & Danity Kane
    April 5
    buy tickets
    more information

CHAMPIONS ON ICE
    April 28
    buy tickets
    more information

THE BAMBOOZLE FESTIVAL 2007
    My Chemical Romance, Linkin Park and more!
    May 5 & 6
    buy tickets
    more information

KEITH URBAN
    with special guest
    The Wreckers
    August 15
    buy tickets
    more information

All acts, dates, times and ticket prices are subject to change.

PRESALE
    A presale offers a selection of tickets in advance of the public sale. It is an opportunity for you to decide whether you want to buy during the presale or wait for the public sale.

WEBSITE
    To view upcoming events at Continental Airlines Arena, Giants Stadium and Meadowlands Racetrack
    or to find out more about Meadowlands All AccessSM, visit http://www.meadowlands.com

GROUP SALES
    Group Seating and special discounts available for certain events. Call 201-460-4370
    or email groupsales@njsea.com

MEADOWLANDS EXPERIENCE TOURSM
    Call 201.460.4370 or email meadowlandstours@njsea.com and book your tour today!

SINGLE-EVENT SUITE RENTALS
    Suites are available to rent for individual events at Giants Stadium and Continental Airlines Arena. For more information, or email suitesales@meadowlands.com

ADA SEATING INFORMATION
    Call 201-935-3900 for information on seating for people with disabilities.

TO UNSUBSCRIBE
    Click here or email maamember@meadowlands.com.

This email was sent to you by Meadowlands All Access, Continental Airlines Arena, 50 Route 120, East Rutherford, NJ 07073. You are receiving this email advertisement because your email address was used for a ticket purchase or you signed up via our website. You may update your account preferences or unsubscribe through our website, or contact us at MAAmember@meadowlands.com.
    platessmall.jpg
  • MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    i SO want to go see them in Oakland, but $ is a problem. DAMNIt! :( oh well.
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • I got tickets for 2nd night at Fenway, face value, lucky enough to get through to Ticket Master. Hubby and I are SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who is the band that is opening?
    Let's Go Red Sox!
    momofglynn wrote:
    I got tickets for 2nd night at Fenway, face value, lucky enough to get through to Ticket Master. Hubby and I are SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who is the band that is opening?

Fiction PlaneSpecial guest Fiction Plane will join The Police for the North American portion of the tour. Known for their high-energy live shows, this dynamic rock trio will be releasing their 2nd full length album in May. Fiction Plane are: Joe Sumner (Bass); Seton Daunt (Guitar); Pete Wilhoit (Drums). Additional support artists will be announced in the coming weeks.

another trio

the bass player / lead singer is stings son .
    platessmall.jpg
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    Fiction PlaneSpecial guest Fiction Plane will join The Police for the North American portion of the tour. Known for their high-energy live shows, this dynamic rock trio will be releasing their 2nd full length album in May. Fiction Plane are: Joe Sumner (Bass); Seton Daunt (Guitar); Pete Wilhoit (Drums). Additional support artists will be announced in the coming weeks.

another trio

Thanks! I will check that out too. I am just so excited about this show. I just thought it would never happen.
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    another trio

I'm drawing a blank here. It that the son who was born in 1985 and was shown in "Bring on the Night"?
    momofglynn wrote:
    Thanks! I will check that out too. I am just so excited about this show. I just thought it would never happen.

Same here.
  • cutback wrote:
    I'm drawing a blank here. It that the son who was born in 1985 and was shown in "Bring on the Night"?

Same here.

Are you going to one or the other or both Fenway shows? I really wanted Saturday night but I was lucky enough to get in the door as far as I am concerned.
    Let's Go Red Sox!
    cutback wrote:
    No 1976, from wikipedia:
    Joseph Sumner, born November 23, 1976, is the son of actress Frances Tomelty and singer/actor/activist Gordon Sumner, aka Sting. He is the lead singer and guitar player in the UK band Fiction Plane.

Joe's birth and first years are mentioned in Sting's autobiography, Broken Music. In interviews, Joe mentions that he was not interested in being a musician until he heard the band Nirvana. Joe created a band with schoolmates Dan Brown (bass) and Olly Taylor (drums). Originally called "Santa's Boyfriend", the band played gigs in and around London and recorded two self-produced CDs: one self-titled and one entitled Swings and Roundabouts.

After drummer Taylor left the band, the name was changed to Fiction Plane and they scored their first major label release, Everything Will Never Be OK (Universal Records, 2003).

Joe attended Richmond University in London and graduated with a degree in environmental science.

His vocal style is not like his father, his voice can sound a bit like Bono from U2. Joe also claims that his music is not influenced by Sting or The Police, but by bands such as Nirvana, The Smashing Pumpkins and U2.
    Poncier wrote:
    No 1976, from wikipedia:

Joe also claims that his music is not influenced by Sting or The Police, but by bands such as Nirvana, The Smashing Pumpkins and U2.

i wonder what Sting thinks of this :confused:
    platessmall.jpg
    Well I don't know if I should be excited or what. I just bought Dodger Stadium tix and the seats say Section 15FD. If you look at the seating chart http://www.ticketmaster.com/seatingchart/90145/18191 it looks to me like I'm on the field one section back. But the price was $95. Am I screwed or did I just get what I think are pretty good seats?
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    Just waiting on the announcement of Philly show(s???)....
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
    cutback wrote:
    Well I don't know if I should be excited or what. I just bought Dodger Stadium tix and the seats say Section 15FD. If you look at the seating chart http://www.ticketmaster.com/seatingchart/90145/18191 it looks to me like I'm on the field one section back. But the price was $95. Am I screwed or did I just get what I think are pretty good seats?
    I've only been to Dodger Stadium once back in 1992 when out to So Cal for a wedding, but my guess is that you are not on the field...that would be section F15, you have 15FD, which I think is the field box seats section 15...the very lightest beige colored sections, you see section 1 directly behind home, the odd numbers head up the 3rd base line, you can see section 13, I think 15 is the next section, right about the edge of the 3rd base dugout...about 400' from stage I imagine.
    Enjoy the show.

ETA: looking at the TM page for Chavez Ravine, they have "Field Level Seating", which is I think what you got, in the area I described for $95, and "Floor Seating" which would be on the actual field for $250.
    Poncier wrote:
    I've only been to Dodger Stadium once back in 1992 when out to So Cal for a wedding, but my guess is that you are not on the field...that would be section F15, you have 15FD, which I think is the field box seats section 15...the very lightest beige colored sections, you see section 1 directly behind home, the odd numbers head up the 3rd base line, you can see section 13, I think 15 is the next section, right about the edge of the 3rd base dugout...about 400' from stage I imagine.
    Enjoy the show.

That's what I assumed. Oh well I'm there and syched. :)
    the fanclub offerings are available online right now thru Ticketbastard website.

None of these are making me say tyo myself " hey this is worth the extra 100 bucks " ,.. :rolleyes:

what a fuicking scam this whole thing is really.
    sections on the side/ lower tier, or hey how about in the back, on the floor, in like sections 13, 15, 16 :confused:

pfffft

i'll be scalping for the Garden when showtime comes rolling around.

thank you 10C .
    platessmall.jpg
    The Police

From their early beginnings, The Police were hailed as a maverick live band - a group that galvanizedan already impressive studio sound into something otherworldly when performing.Combining controlled energy andevocative melodies, Sting, Stewart Copelandand Andy Summers played with the improvisational instincts of a jazz trio andthe raw energy of a punk-rock band - a blend that made them one of thedefinitive rock groups of the'70s and '80s.

Thegroup originally broke through at the same time that punk was shaking up themusic scene in the late 70's. Eachmember came from a different musical background: Summers played with TheAnimals, Soft Machine and Kevin Ayers, Copeland was a member of Curved Air andhad a brief solo career as Klark Kent, while Sting had played invarious jazz fusion groups. The bandmanifested an understated virtuosity, applying their chops within reggaegrooves and intricate arrangements. Between Summers' trenchant and groundbreaking guitar work, Copeland's deceptively complex polyrhythms and Sting'sloping bass and soaring vocals, The Police were indisputably the mostadventurous ambassadors of the genre then known as new wave.

Their firstalbum, "Outlandos D'Amour" debutedon A&M Records in 1978 and quickly climbed the charts with such hits as"Roxanne" and "So Lonely." The following year saw the release of theirsophomore record "Reggatta de Blanc"which also topped the charts and brought us such hits as "Message in a Bottle"and "Walking on the Moon" as well as honoring the band with their first Grammyfor the record's title track. "Zenyatta Mondatta" soon followed in1980, resulting in two more Grammy awards for the group as well as Top Ten hits"Don't Stand So Close To Me" and "De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da." In 1981, The Police put out "Ghost in the Machine" which went doubleplatinum with hit singles "Every Little Thing She Does is Magic" and "Spiritsin the Material World."

After ayear-long sabbatical, the members reunited to record "Synchronicity", an albumthat would prove to be their studio swansong and earn them three Grammy Awardsin the process. The most successful Police album yet, it produced "EveryBreath You Take", one of the most-remembered rock ballads of the '80s and therecipient of the 2005 BMI Awardfor Eight Million Radio Plays. They were ranked the #1 most played band on U.S. radio in the '80s while achieving comparablesuccess in the UKwith 5 number one albums and singles to their credit. In 1982, The Policereceived the Brit Award for Best Group and in 1985 were honored with the BritAward for Outstanding Contribution to British Music.

After the band parted ways in 1984, theirindividual careers continued to flourish. Sting released "Dream of the Blue Turtles" in1985, which featured a cast of accomplished jazz musicians, including KennyKirkland, Darryl Jones, Omar Hakim, and Branford Marsalis. Sting's solo successcontinued with the release of "Bring OnThe Night", "Nothing Like The Sun","The Soul Cages","Ten Summoner's Tales", "Mercury Falling", "Brand New Day", "All This Time", "Sacred Love", and his latest endeavor, "Songs from the Labyrinth", a personal tribute to 16thcentury composer John Dowland, which debuted at #1 on Billboards' Classical chart, where it remained for 15consecutive weeks. In 1979, Sting made his cinematic debut in the filmadaptation of "Quadrophenia" and hasappeared in 14 films since, including the cult classic "Dune". Most recently, he also executive produced the criticallyacclaimed, "A Guide To Recognizing Your Saints". He also enjoyed a stint on theBroadway stage when he starred in the 1989 production of "ThreepennyOpera". In 2003, Sting published a memoir entitled Broken Music, which spent 13 weeks on the New York Times Best Sellerslist. Simply put, Sting has evolved into one of the world's most distinctiveand highly respected performers, collecting as a solo artist an additional 11Grammys in addition to 2 Brits, a Golden Globe, an Emmy, three Oscarnominations, Billboard Magazine's CenturyAward, and MusiCares 2004 Person ofthe Year.
    <!--[endif]-->

Stewart Copeland has been responsible forsome of the film world's most innovative and groundbreaking scores, workingwith a broad array of directors on nearly 40 films and television works since1984, including Oliver Stone's "Wall Street", Francis Ford Coppola's"Rumblefish", receiving a Golden Globe nomination for Best Score, aswell as scoring Academy Award nominee for Best Foreign Film 'Four Days inSeptember' and Emmy nominated TV shows such as 'Dead Like Me'. Solo albumsinclude the cult soundtrack to 'The Rhythmatist' his aural odyssey across theAfrican continent. Copeland continues to stretch himself compositionally,writing work that includes Operas, Ballets and Orchestral Concert works, among them:'Holy Blood and the Crescent Moon' for Cleveland Opera, 'A Casque ofAmontillado', and 'King Lear' for the San Francisco Ballet. Most recentlyutilizing a brass section, a four-piece percussion quartet and a chamberorchestra to bring the album "Orchestralli" to life, he earned a 2006Grammy nomination. Performing live, Copeland has toured successfully with anumber of world music and rock ensembles including that featuring the uniquelyesoteric and fiercely melodic music from 'La Notte della Taranta'--ancienttrance music originating from the Grecia-Salentina region of Southern Italy. Copeland enjoyed a sensational return to the rock stagewhen he re-joined Trey Anastasio of Phish and Les Claypool of Primus to performas Oysterhead at last year's Bonnaroo Festival. Cited as a 'mighty' performanceby Billboard, the trio recorded a sparkling album on Elektra Records in 2000and toured in 2000 and 2001. In January 2006 "Everyone Stares: The PoliceInside Out" debuted at the Sundance Film Festival. This featurelength film documents the formation, subsequent worldwide success and thedemise of The Police. Directed, produced, narrated and filmed in Super 8mm byStewart from his unique perspective behind the drums, it has been warmlyreceived. Now out on DVD aroundthe world and screened at numerous Film Festivals worldwide, it will open intheatres in Japan on March 31st. Amidst all of this actiivity Copeland has alsobegun a career as an on-screen personality and judge on the highly-rated BBC1 'Just The Two Of Us' series. Copeland is therecipient of the 2003 Hollywood Film Festival's Outstanding Music in FilmVisionary Award and will be receiving the Cinequest Maverick Spirit Award onMarch 3rd.

Since thePolice split in 1984, Summers has recorded 12 solo albums, collaborating withsuch artists as Robert Fripp, John Etheridge, Victor Biglone, Roberto Menescaland Benjamin Verdery and has maintained a consistent touring schedule appearingas a headliner at various jazz festivals around the world. In March 2005, Summers made his CarnegieHall debut with the orchestral concerto Dark Florescence, a piece speciallycommissioned by Yale University for Andy. Hehas also arranged the scores for several films, including "Down and Out in Beverly Hills" and "Weekend at Bernie's". Celebrated by Guitar Player magazine, Summerswas voted the number one guitar player five times in the 80's and was subsequentlyinducted into their permanent Hall of Fame. Both Gibson and Martin have createda signature guitar in Andy's name, he received the Gibson Guitar lifetimeachievement award in 2003 and most recently, Fender released a Tribute model ofhis iconic Telecaster. In October of 2006, he released his autobiography, "One Train Later: A Memoir", also voted‘best music book of 2006' by MOJO magazine. A revealing work chronicling hisyears before and during The Police, the book provides an intimate look at theband during the height of their meteoric success. Since the 1983 release of hisfirst book of photography, "Throb", Summers has also enjoyed considerablecritical acclaim for his work behind a camera, including a highly-regardedshowing of "City Like This" at the Beaux Arts gallery in London and "LightStrings", a photographic collaboration with the pre-eminent New York photographer,Ralph Gibson. In March of 2007, Taschen Books will publish "I'll Be WatchingYou", an extensive photographic journal of his years with The Police.

In March of2003, The Police briefly returned to the stage for the band's induction intothe Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. The three-song set included the classics "Roxanne","Every Breath You Take", and "Message in a Bottle" and the renewed hope inmusic fans worldwide for a future reunion of one of the most innovative andinfluential bands in rock & roll.

Although theyexisted for just over six years, the band's contribution to the lexicon of rockwas immense. They were the first band to fully integrate the no-nonsenseapproach of punk rock and the spirit-moving positive energy of reggae. Having sold an excess of 50 million albumsworldwide, The Police had phenomenal chart success and won a multitude ofaccolades both public and critical, but they never allowed such peripherals toovershadow their commitment to the music itself. The band's history bears thatout from the beginning to end, providing a clear, concise picture of a musicalgroup that took us on a short but unforgettable trip through the inner reachesof its soul - and let us have a great time in the process.
    platessmall.jpg
    Did you get tickets to Giants Stadium? I'm trying but feel like I'm not gonna succeed.
    Got tickets!! Nosebleeds, but better than nothing. :D
    yosi wrote:
    Got tickets!! Nosebleeds, but better than nothing. :D

That's what I say. At least I'm there. Of course now I gotta wait until June. :p