The Police-Reunion!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    Best Buy's presale allocation was much better than the fan club's. Best Buy is the tour sponsor and was able to secure great seats. The fanclub is a clusterfuck, and seemed to be able to lock up all of the shitty seats they could find to dole out to suckers like me.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,230
    jeffbr wrote:
    Best Buy's presale allocation was much better than the fan club's. Best Buy is the tour sponsor and was able to secure great seats. The fanclub is a clusterfuck, and seemed to be able to lock up all of the shitty seats they could find to dole out to suckers like me.

Is that definitely what's going on? If they're sacking fans for an extra $100 and then offering up seats from the back forward, that's beyond shitty.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    my buddy got fanclubs for MSG- we were on at the second they became available, went for fenway - none available- then went to the garden - and these are what he got.

428. row A seats 1,2,3,4

i shit you not , you need to see where the seats are in accordance with where the stage is.
    Garden Seating
    stage being to the left on the attached seating chart
    i didnt want to burst my buddies bubble ( he was happy and grateful to get any ) , but i thought to myself boy the tenclub would never let this happen . Im gunning for general onsales tomorrow with the redial and F5 buttons all on the ready,.......
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    yesterdays NY Post

February 18, 2007 -- IT was Sting's brilliant idea to bring The Police back together for their 30th anniversary, sources say, despite interviews he and band members Stewart Copeland and Andy Summers gave suggesting it was a mutual idea.

One music-industry heavyweight tells Page Six: "Sting worked on Stewart and Andy for six months trying to get them to agree to tour. They didn't really want to at first. It's not like they need the money. They're set for life off of the royalties alone.

"But for some reason, Sting was insistent, telling them how much money they all could make," the source said.

To sweeten the deal, Sting "assured his former bandmates they could not only pick the song list for the tour, but that the three would share equally in profits - whereas in the past, Sting always got a higher percentage because he was the frontman.

"They finally agreed," our source said, and the group decided to kick off their reunion tour with an opening performance at the Grammys of "Roxanne."

But Copeland and Summers apparently didn't realize what they had signed on for. "Andy and Stew thought they would just do the old rock version of 'Roxanne,' " our insider said, "but when they showed up for sound check, Sting had created this weird, jazz-blues version of the song, and they kind of freaked out."

Sting insisted that his version was better and sang the unexpected rendition of the 1978 hit at the Grammys - to almost everyone's dismay.

"It was hideous," said one music executive. "Lets hope the whole rest of the song sets for the tour aren't like that."

The worldwide Police tour will net the group $175 million.

A rep for Sting referred us to interviews the band has given about their tour.

In Variety last week, Sting said: "We fought because we cared passionately about the music. We're still fighting, but . . . we're a bit more wise."

Copeland added in the same interview: "I just like playing my drums and following Sting's lead. We don't have an agenda now."
    platessmall.jpg
  • I'm leaning more and more towards a convenenient migraine come next Monday morning. I should at least give myself the chance. We're working enough OT to make up for it.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    yesterdays NY Post

Really? Page 6? :p
  • OK its Tuesday! Now where are the rest of the dates????
    The less you know, the more you believe.
    28 minutes till D Day

good luck everyone.
    platessmall.jpg
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    For the price of tickets, they better be playing more rarities then Pearl Jam do. ie: Peanuts, It's Alright, etc.
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • JenfarrJenfarr Posts: 677
    Just got tickets for the 8/1 show at MSG!!!! Behind the stage, but I'll get the see Stewart drumming that way! Very excited! (Obviously...)
    "McCready played on, lending credence to the theory that he was actually built in Stone’s basement from spare truck parts and vinyl records." - Glide Mag. review of MSG 7/8/03
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Couldn't get yet :( You think they sold out?
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
    just got off with ticketbastrad via the telephone ( which took me no shorter then 35 minutes to get to ) and they told me the entire tour has sold out, not 1 seat anywhere for any show , . in only 20 minutes.

i actually had 2 for friday night msg ( sec 307 ) and i couldnt get any of my credit cards to go thru, the 3 minutes elapsed, so i lost out .

no police for me this leg- maybe after they return from overseas to NA .
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    just got off with ticketbastrad via the telephone ( which took me no shorter then 35 minutes to get to ) and they told me the entire tour has sold out, not 1 seat anywhere for any show , . in only 20 minutes.

i actually had 2 for friday night msg ( sec 307 ) and i couldnt get any of my credit cards to go thru, the 3 minutes elapsed, so i lost out .

no police for me this leg- maybe after they return from overseas to NA .

Same deal here. Although I wasn't sure about the tour selling out, I'm pretty bummed.

If anyone has tickets for the first MSG show that they end up not being able to use, let me know!
    edit :

if anyone came across 2 extras for fri nights MSG show, i will pay cash and extra posters .
    this about sums it up for me this morning :

Well, someone told me yesterday
    That when you throw your love away
    You act as if you don't care
    You look as if you're going somewhere
    But I just can't convince myself
    I couldn't live with no one else
    And I can only play that part
    And sit and nurse my broken heart, so lonely
    So lonely, so lonely, so lonely
    So lonely, so lonely

Now no-one's knocked upon my door
    For a thousand years, or more
    All made up and nowhere to go
    Welcome to this one man show
    Just take a seat, they're always free
    No surprise, no mystery
    In this theatre that I call my soul
    I always play the starring role, so lonely
    So lonely, so lonely
    So lonely
    I feel lonely, I'm so lonely, I feel so low
    I feel lonely, I'm so lonely, I feel so low
    platessmall.jpg
  • StellyStelly Posts: 170
    pjl44 wrote:
    The notion of the pre-sales having only crap tickets is off. Did the Best Buy thing for the Fenway shows...my sister got 2 tix for the first night in A1, Row 16 and I got night two tickets in A1, Row 18. No doubt it's a bit of a clusterfuck, but persistence pays.

Just curious...does anyone know how you get to be part of the Best Buy Pre-sale?

I know it's over, but I might consider it for a future leg of their tour.
    8/22/98 - Toronto
    8/26/98 - Cleveland
    10/7/00 - Detroit
    4/25/03 - Cleveland
    6/23/06 - Pittsburgh
    Stelly wrote:
    Just curious...does anyone know how you get to be part of the Best Buy Pre-sale?

best buy reward zone.

its a reward / point system when you use your best buy credit card, issued from the store.
    platessmall.jpg
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    Stelly wrote:

A friend here in TO signed up for their updates from the web site a while ago and got an invitaion. He didn't even know he would get one until he checked his email when he got home from work and all that was left were crap tix.

I have to say that I got my hands on a pair for the first night in TO via the phone.
    You've changed your place in this world!
    Giants Fuckin' Stadium :eek: :rolleyes:

20.02.07 Additional shows in LA, Oakland and E. Rutherford announced...
    The Police Tour Fan Club is happy to announce three new tour dates and The Police Tour Fan Club members-only presales for these concert dates. The recently announced stops include Los Angeles, Oakland, CA and another tour date in the New York City area - an Aug. 5 stop at Giants Stadium!

The members-only presales will begin on Friday, February 23 at 10am local time.

Head to ThePoliceTour.com Tickets page at this time to purchase your tickets for the following shows.

13 June McAfee Coliseum, Oakland, CA
    23 June Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles
    05 Aug Giants Stadium, E. Rutherford, NY

You must be a member to participate in any presales. If you are not a member yet you can find out more information Here.

Important Fan Club Sale Instructions

Our fan club sale system will generate your fan club sale passcode for you when the shows go live. You will not get a passcode before the fan club sales start. We strongly advise that you carefully review the instructions on how to participate in the fan club presales before they start. View these instructions at Ticket Presale Guidance.

Ticket holds for the tour are strong in terms of both quantity and quality and we hope that as many fan club members as possible get seats to the show they would like to attend. However, shows in large metropolitan areas tend to be very popular and are expected to sell out very quickly. Also, The Police Tour Fan Club is not just a ticket club. Joining the Fan Club is not a promise that you will be able to get tickets to a show.

Public tickets for Oakland will go onsale Feb. 25 at 10 am local time
    Public tickets for Los Angeles will go onsale Feb. 26 at 10 am local time
    Public tickets for and E. Rutherford will go onsale Feb. 26 at 9 am local time

Local Time:

What does 'Local Time' mean?

For example: if we say "presales start at 1pm Local Time" and there is a presale in NY, it will happen at 1pm EST and if there is a presale in LA, that presale will start 1pm PST. If you are interested in a presale that is outside your timezone, please make sure to adjust for any time zone difference.

Additional cities and venues to be announced soon. Stay tuned to ThePoliceTour.com Tickets page for more info.
    platessmall.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Dodger Stadium?? What happened to arenas? Oh well I guess as long as I am there.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,711
    The Cops have been lulled into a false sense of demand by Fenway's fast "sell outs".
    The Red Sox have held back tens of thousands of seats to offer them to season ticket holders, so these Fenway shows are exhibiting an inflated demand.
    So the promoters scrapped some arenas in cities and went for stadia instead.

There'll be lots of seats floating around for these shows...I guarantee it.

Don't overpay on secondary markets...as summer hits you'll be able to get seats at face for the bulk of the shows, though maybe not MSG and a few select arenas.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,711
    Bathgate66 wrote:

Local Time:

For example: if we say "presales start at 1pm Local Time" and there is a presale in NY, it will happen at 1pm EST and if there is a presale in LA, that presale will start 1pm PST. If you are interested in a presale that is outside your timezone, please make sure to adjust for any time zone difference.

Additional cities and venues to be announced soon. Stay tuned to ThePoliceTour.com Tickets page for more info.
    I thought only Pearl jam fans had such trouble with time zones. :D
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier wrote:
    The Cops have been lulled into a false sense of demand by Fenway's fast "sell outs".
    The Red Sox have held back tens of thousands of seats to offer them to season ticket holders, so these Fenway shows are exhibiting an inflated demand.
    So the promoters scrapped some arenas in cities and went for stadia instead.

There'll be lots of seats floating around for these shows...I guarantee it.

Don't overpay on secondary markets...as summer hits you'll be able to get seats at face for the bulk of the shows, though maybe not MSG and a few select arenas.

so will you sell a guy your season ticket priveleged tickets ?
    platessmall.jpg
  • PJPATPJPAT Posts: 399
    PJPAT wrote:
    For you Chicago fans this might happen at Wrigley.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/2...wrig07.article

Nothing is confirmed yet but I see tickets for sale already on a brokers site. I am not sure how that happens.

July 7th and 8th at 6pm.

Go Cubs!
    "All the money you make will never buy back your soul" Bob Dylan

"I need honesty, I need truth, and I need hope...I need it! That's what music means to me." EV
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    Bathgate66 wrote:

20.02.07 Additional shows in LA, Oakland and E. Rutherford announced...
    The Police Tour Fan Club is happy to announce three new tour dates and The Police Tour Fan Club members-only presales for these concert dates. The recently announced stops include Los Angeles, Oakland, CA and another tour date in the New York City area - an Aug. 5 stop at Giants Stadium!

The members-only presales will begin on Friday, February 23 at 10am local time.

Head to ThePoliceTour.com Tickets page at this time to purchase your tickets for the following shows.

13 June McAfee Coliseum, Oakland, CA
    23 June Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles
    05 Aug Giants Stadium, E. Rutherford, NY

You must be a member to participate in any presales. If you are not a member yet you can find out more information Here.

Important Fan Club Sale Instructions

Our fan club sale system will generate your fan club sale passcode for you when the shows go live. You will not get a passcode before the fan club sales start. We strongly advise that you carefully review the instructions on how to participate in the fan club presales before they start. View these instructions at Ticket Presale Guidance.

Ticket holds for the tour are strong in terms of both quantity and quality and we hope that as many fan club members as possible get seats to the show they would like to attend. However, shows in large metropolitan areas tend to be very popular and are expected to sell out very quickly. Also, The Police Tour Fan Club is not just a ticket club. Joining the Fan Club is not a promise that you will be able to get tickets to a show.

Public tickets for Oakland will go onsale Feb. 25 at 10 am local time
    Public tickets for Los Angeles will go onsale Feb. 26 at 10 am local time
    Public tickets for and E. Rutherford will go onsale Feb. 26 at 9 am local time

Local Time:

So it looks like you will not be shut out afterall....That is if you want to see them in a stadium.......IMO I don't think there is any group out there today worth seeing in a stadium
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
    Holy crap. I might just have to buy tickets for this. (Since I was shutout of MSG).
    Hawkshore wrote:
    IMO I don't think there is any group out there today worth seeing in a stadium

cept Bruce and E Street Band, of course .

This is , afterall, their house .
    platessmall.jpg
    yosi wrote:
    Holy crap. I might just have to buy tickets for this. (Since I was shutout of MSG).

I feel the same way , but i also think as the show grows closer, the tickets even for MSG shows will come down and be easier to get . I prefer the Garden also, ( second to none ) but Giants Stadium is better then nothing .
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    I feel the same way , but i also think as the show grows closer, the tickets even for MSG shows will come down and be easier to get . I prefer the Garden also, ( second to none ) but Giants Stadium is better then nothing .

Yea, but if I can get decent seats for Giant Stadium, and less hassle and definite, I just might go that route.
  • yosi wrote:
    Yea, but if I can get decent seats for Giant Stadium, and less hassle and definite, I just might go that route.
    FOO FIGHTERS TO OPEN. NOW DO YOU THINK IT WONT SELL?
    FOO FIGHTERS TO OPEN. NOW DO YOU THINK IT WONT SELL?

wrong.

foo fighters are only opening, along with fiction plane, at the LA Show(s)
    platessmall.jpg