Supernova

Comments

• icarus wrote:
    am i missing something? i thought only zahyra, patrice, and ryan did originals?

i dont like dilana at all, i thought she was interesting at first but now its getting old. i like ryan as a singer, performer, and person, but lukas and toby are the best fits and maybe magni.

Ryan has been amazing the past 3 weeks. his original was great.

I lost a ton of respect for Dilana over her comments to Ryan, and the ones to the press...do you think tommy wants a media rat touring with him?? As for her comments that it was the band that carried him...great, the band fully admitted he was micromanaging them...so I guess that ends up as a compliment. He preformed 1 original, and did an original in the house....both rocked....I would buy his albun to see more.

Storm has good voice, and can perform, but song selection is killing her

I like Toby, but I don't think he would be a good fit. He is one hell of a creative, energetic singer though.

Lucas is okay, I see him and Ryan in the final 3, followed with Magni or Dilana. I thought Dilana would win, but she is screwing up huge off stage...her original, the press, the Ryan thing....
    The only thing I enjoy is having no feelings....being numb rocks!

And I won't make the same mistakes
    (Because I know)
    Because I know how much time that wastes
    (And function)
    Function is the key
  • My3rdEyeMy3rdEye Posts: 927
    I really can't believe Magni has been bottom 3 two weeks straight. He's the best one on the show along with Ryan and Toby.

This Dilana chick I just can't get into. Not bad really I just know I couldn't take an entire album or show of that raspy fucking voice.

Lucas - the fucker has talent that he's not using and the band knows it. Listen to Jason you dipshit. His best performance was the Radiohead tune when he actually used his voice. I can't get past the Billy Idol type thing he's got going on.

I knew Patrice was going bye bye but I really thought she was OK. Not great but I liked her.

Storm needs to go home. I really don't understand the voters. Last week was one of the worst performances by anyone ever and she didn't even get botom 3. She's not that good.

Toby's performance with Supernova was very very good. I think he's a good fit. Magni just smoked everyone with Fire.

It should come down to Toby, Magni and Ryan in the end.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,680
    Poncier wrote:

Anyway, clearly Patrice will land in bottom 3, probably along with Magni and Toby cause the voters have some sort of obsession with Storm, Lukaskunk and Dilana, and they won't get there even when quite deserving (as we saw with Storm last week and Lukey when he butchered Hole).

In all likelihood, bye bye Patrice.
    Nostrafuckin'damus.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,680
    icarus wrote:
    am i missing something? i thought only zahyra, patrice, and ryan did originals?
    Maybe it was a lost episode cause I haven't seen Dilana do an original either.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    Poncier wrote:

The references to "Dilana's Original" are to one of the webisodes in which Supernova had all the rockers write lyrics and melodies to an unfinished track. Dilana's had really cheesy lyrics, it was like listening to a hair metal song.
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • LedZepFan wrote:
    The references to "Dilana's Original" are to one of the webisodes in which Supernova had all the rockers write lyrics and melodies to an unfinished track. Dilana's had really cheesy lyrics, it was like listening to a hair metal song.

or could be related to her rearranging the lyrics to "every breath you take" to include ... "dilana ... dilana ... dilana". we will see if she has the "fans" next week.
    I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal. But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existance either.
  • vedderwoodvedderwood Posts: 2,029
    bluemonkey wrote:
    why?she brought it on herself by showing her true colors.she won't be going home unfortunately...you're right.

Yeah, you're right...she did bring it onto herself! She really screwed herself bad! I thought she seemed intellegent enough to know to NEVER openly name someone that you work with (compete with) in a negative way....positive comments are great and shows a good sportsmanship, but never, ever name names in a negative way!
    DC 6/14/98
    NJ 8/28 & 8/29/98
    NJ 9/1 & 9/2/00
    PA 4/28/03
    NJ 7/5 & 7/6/03
    NY 7/8/03
    PA 7/12/03
    PA 10/1/04
    DC 10/11/04
    NJ 9/30 & 10/1/05
    PA 10/3/05
    NJ 5/27 & 5/28/06
    DC 5/30/06
    NJ 6/1 & 6/3/06
    WA 7/22 & 7/23/06
    IL 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19 & 6/20/08
    DC 6/22/08
    NY 6/24 & 6/25/08
    NY 7/1/08
    PA 10/27, 10/28, 10/30 & 10/31/09
    or could be related to her rearranging the lyrics to "every breath you take" to include ... "dilana ... dilana ... dilana". we will see if she has the "fans" next week.

Hahahahaha...that was a good one! Does anyone know where these lyrics are so we can check them out?
    DC 6/14/98
    NJ 8/28 & 8/29/98
    NJ 9/1 & 9/2/00
    PA 4/28/03
    NJ 7/5 & 7/6/03
    NY 7/8/03
    PA 7/12/03
    PA 10/1/04
    DC 10/11/04
    NJ 9/30 & 10/1/05
    PA 10/3/05
    NJ 5/27 & 5/28/06
    DC 5/30/06
    NJ 6/1 & 6/3/06
    WA 7/22 & 7/23/06
    IL 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19 & 6/20/08
    DC 6/22/08
    NY 6/24 & 6/25/08
    NY 7/1/08
  • CrazyJDCrazyJD Posts: 103
    LedZepFan wrote:

About that.... how can Supernova trash her lyrics, and say Patrice's are "too happy" but that they could bring it down a notch... when their songs so far have been 70's rock "LEAVE THE LIGHTS ON" and the most recent craptacular song " HEY HEY HEY, HO HO HO"....

omg that was bad... if not for the chance to take a world tour with big rock names and live like a celeb, I would be pulling myself out of this competition if I were a serious rocker... its so uncomfortable watching TL and Jason pretend to be rocking out to that stuff... I think Gilby must be the main songwriter...

Suddenly, Toby's "party boy", bar-like performances seems like the best fit. As does Dilana's rock sound.
    Halifax, Summer 2008... they return!
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    i missed out last night
    and, i'm too lazy to search

who got booted off the "show" ?
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    CrazyJD wrote:
    and the most recent craptacular song " HEY HEY HEY, HO HO HO".... omg that was bad..

OMG, it was incredibly bad....absolutely horrendous!!!!
    DC 6/14/98
    NJ 8/28 & 8/29/98
    NJ 9/1 & 9/2/00
    PA 4/28/03
    NJ 7/5 & 7/6/03
    NY 7/8/03
    PA 7/12/03
    PA 10/1/04
    DC 10/11/04
    NJ 9/30 & 10/1/05
    PA 10/3/05
    NJ 5/27 & 5/28/06
    DC 5/30/06
    NJ 6/1 & 6/3/06
    WA 7/22 & 7/23/06
    IL 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19 & 6/20/08
    DC 6/22/08
    NY 6/24 & 6/25/08
    NY 7/1/08
  • musically the songs have not been bad ... they just need a lyricist
    I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal. But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existance either.
    musically the songs have not been bad ... they just need a lyricist

Last night reeks of Franz Ferdinand to start... the song is probably not in final edit for the album, so no doubt they will take the criticism they hear and rework it a bit.

The HEY HEY HEY (HEY!) HO HO HO (HO!) absolutely KILLS any potential that song might have IMO with regards to it being a good song and not just a 70's/80's hair band arena rock tune. They HAVE to re-write the chorus, then they may have something.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    i missed out last night
    and, i'm too lazy to search

who got booted off the "show" ?

anyone?

ah okay

patrice shoulda been gone weeks ago.

this show is plastic.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Could not have been less of a suprise to see Patrice go. There was no way to build up suspense for that even though of course they tried.
  • I know what you are saying. I loved Marty last year but I had mixed thoughts about what would happen if he won.
    zstillings wrote:
    I'm pulling for anyone but Ryan and Magni. I would like to see those two succeed and be more than what this band can do for them. It's like last year when I was hoping Marty wouldn't win because I actually liked his voice and music.
  • Poncier wrote:
    Nostrafuckin'damus.

I think it will take a pile to keep Dilana out of the bottom 3 next week.

(Because I know)
    (And function)
    Function is the key
  • Poncier wrote:

everyone got together and did an original in fron of supernova (not anyone else),Pike and Z's were bad enought that they didn't show clips, Dilanas was VERY 12 year old...I was shocked at how awful the lyrics were, lucas did okay, then Ryan finished off. Most people finished they're song in an hour, and he was kinda being picked on (by the show) for working on his half way into the night. In the end, it was worth the wait. Everyone in the house was CLEARLY moved, and shocked by how good the song was. Everyone alse put lyrics to a beat...Ryan made a song.

(Because I know)
    (And function)
    Function is the key
  • or could be related to her rearranging the lyrics to "every breath you take" to include ... "dilana ... dilana ... dilana". we will see if she has the "fans" next week.

I thought it was a nice tough considering that she was singing that for her mom, who by the sonds of it used to sing it to her.

(Because I know)
    (And function)
    Function is the key
  • CrazyJD wrote:
    About that.... how can Supernova trash her lyrics, and say Patrice's are "too happy" but that they could bring it down a notch... when their songs so far have been 70's rock "LEAVE THE LIGHTS ON" and the most recent craptacular song " HEY HEY HEY, HO HO HO"....

omg that was bad... if not for the chance to take a world tour with big rock names and live like a celeb, I would be pulling myself out of this competition if I were a serious rocker... its so uncomfortable watching TL and Jason pretend to be rocking out to that stuff... I think Gilby must be the main songwriter...

Suddenly, Toby's "party boy", bar-like performances seems like the best fit. As does Dilana's rock sound.

I thought theyre first song was okay,

but HEY HO this tired shit has got to GO

I would be pissed if they made me listen to another track like that...

(Because I know)
    (And function)
    Function is the key
  • edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    I think Dilana watched Rockstar last season and saw that JD's cockiness and negativity towards others didn't interfere with him winning and INXS saw it as being "competitive". I guess she made a bad assumption. You can tell the entire band was really turned off by that, as many viewers were I am sure.
    She got way too ahead of herself.
  • I thought it was a nice tough considering that she was singing that for her mom, who by the sonds of it used to sing it to her.

yeah, i don't think most people got that part. she wasn't trying to be vain like most people thought. that's the way her mom used to sing it to her.
  • BrainOfJDBrainOfJD Posts: 242
    CrazyJD wrote:
    She absolutely needs to learn what comments are not appropriate, and the press owned her... BUT

You could edit together clips of Toby's comments and make him a sexist... you could edit together clips of Storm and make her a freak (ok she is)... you could edit together Magni's comments (like the one at the end about "I should get an encore" for Hendrix) and make him an arrogant prick...

I find it hard to beleive none of these guys have ever made bad remarks to press or eachother OTHER THAN Dilana, the girl who dances for everyones songs, cries when everyone leaves, and seemed (early on) to have self-confidence issues... and early on it was remarked that Dilana was a great friend to everyone in the house (paraphrased).

Dilana probably is letting the praise go to her head... she is trying to show her confidence and fearlessness in going after the top spot in this "competition". But I think the Burnett producing team are seeing the votes are probably HEAVILY favouring Dilana (probably more than we would realize) and need to bring her down a few notches, make the fans feel it isnt a given, and MOST IMPORTANTLY avoid the fan backlash if the band go with someone else (Lukas, Magni) when Dilana appeared to walk on water in this competition.

I think SN might have watched her sing with them and maybe felt its not what they were after, but with her dominating the polls it might get ugly if they (SN, Burnett) don't bring her down a bit.

But yeah, she took an asswhipping... they even edited out her on-stage responses for the most part... lol

Great points as usual JD. I couldn't believe that the show went after Dilana like that. I don't know if it was as intentional as you suspect - I think they just tried to trap somebody with those interviews and Dilana was the only one foolish enough to fall for it.

The funny thing is that she was right - Lukas is clearly a prick. If I had to live in a house with him I would have held his mis-shapen skunk head under the pool long ago.
    10 million dune buggies comin' down the mountain
    BrainOfJD wrote:
    Great points as usual JD. I couldn't believe that the show went after Dilana like that. I don't know if it was as intentional as you suspect - I think they just tried to trap somebody with those interviews and Dilana was the only one foolish enough to fall for it.

The funny thing is that she was right - Lukas is clearly a prick. If I had to live in a house with him I would have held his mis-shapen skunk head under the pool long ago.

I agree the "media" were instructed to pressure these guys into saying something "news worthy"... and your right, Dilana couldnt hold her ground. Although I really dont see an issue with WHAT she said.... the reporter asked if some people seemed to want it more than others: she said she thinks so. They pressed for some examples, and she said Toby and Magni dont seem to have their heart into it... wow. Thats HARSH lol... please, its not like she shit on their talent.

They asked her if anyone gets on her nerves... now, in other reality shows, people dont hold back. Dilana said honestly "lukas drives me crazy sometimes etc...". Yes, thats awful, ban her from the competition NOW lol.

Also to add... Storm did a radio interview BEFORE she knew anything about the Dilana attack... she was asked about the unwarranted HEAPS of praise Dilana gets even for something ordinary... Storm said she loves Dilana etc, and actually said that she would walk off the show if CBS seemed to be setting her up... the radio guy was like "what do you mean?"... and she said she gets this feeling they are setting her up for a big fall (I would have thought she felt they were setting her up for a big win)... interesting that her housemates could see this coming...

And Dave Navarro on his 6767.com site that they gave her hell for it, but its over, done with, and really has little impact. After all, he admits he and other rockers constantly regret things they say in the media. But a point did have to be made.
  • BrainOfJDBrainOfJD Posts: 242
    CrazyJD wrote:
    I agree the "media" were instructed to pressure these guys into saying something "news worthy"

"media" you're right, ha ha - I liked the way they cocked their eyebrows and held their chins in their hands when they asked the "tough" questions. UGH
    CrazyJD wrote:
    Storm said she loves Dilana etc, and actually said that she would walk off the show if CBS seemed to be setting her up... the radio guy was like "what do you mean?"... and she said she gets this feeling they are setting her up for a big fall (I would have thought she felt they were setting her up for a big win)... interesting that her housemates could see this coming...

you lost me there (one too many "she's")... Strom gets the feeling that they are setting up Dilana to take a fall? And if that happened, Storm would walk off the show?

Oh please, please let that happen... talk about two birds with one stone!! :)
    10 million dune buggies comin' down the mountain
    BrainOfJD wrote:
    "media" you're right, ha ha - I liked the way they cocked their eyebrows and held their chins in their hands when they asked the "tough" questions. UGH

you lost me there (one too many "she's")... Strom gets the feeling that they are setting up Dilana to take a fall? And if that happened, Storm would walk off the show?

Oh please, please let that happen... talk about two birds with one stone!! :)

Somehow Storm felt that the producers were setting Dilana up for a fall... I dont know why, she didnt really explain and the radio guys sort of moved on without digging into it. But with regards to all the praise Dilana gets, something made Storm feel like they were setting Dilana up... I have no idea why, but there must be more to it.

She said if that happens (I think she means more that the producers/edits) start discrediting people for ratings, she will leave. Well, they did... so I wonder if she comments on it at all this week.
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    DRAMA=RATINGS

that had to throw a wrench into things to make it more interesting since obviously the singing isnt doing it...haha

anyway Dilana added to her being targeted by talking to the press that openly and if Storm wants to go more power to her
    Does anyone know where I can find the Dilana original lyrics? I've heard such bashing and bad hype about this that I'd love to see/hear them! Thanks!
    DC 6/14/98
    NJ 8/28 & 8/29/98
    NJ 9/1 & 9/2/00
    PA 4/28/03
    NJ 7/5 & 7/6/03
    NY 7/8/03
    PA 7/12/03
    PA 10/1/04
    DC 10/11/04
    NJ 9/30 & 10/1/05
    PA 10/3/05
    NJ 5/27 & 5/28/06
    DC 5/30/06
    NJ 6/1 & 6/3/06
    WA 7/22 & 7/23/06
    IL 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19 & 6/20/08
    DC 6/22/08
    NY 6/24 & 6/25/08
    NY 7/1/08
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    vedderwood wrote:
    Does anyone know where I can find the Dilana original lyrics? I've heard such bashing and bad hype about this that I'd love to see/hear them! Thanks!

well, on rockstar.msn.com they, at one point, had the entire version of each of their songs...it would probably have been taken down by now but i bet the reality webisode is still up....which week it was escapes me
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • Definitely going to be harder to pick the winner this week..I actually enjoyed the performances this week.
    Underneath this smile lies everything
    all my hopes, anger, pride and shame...