Supernova

Comments

• BrainOfJDBrainOfJD Posts: 242
    CrazyJD wrote:
    3 OF THE 4 SONGS PER SINGER ARE SONGS THEY HAVE ALREADY SANG! The other one, the "wildcard", is a song a different singer already sung. That wildcard is also chosen by CBS

Funny that you get to pick which song Zayra will sing.

It's shitty that most of the choices are songs that people have already sung. They might as well show repeat episodes and let people vote on that. Jeez. It's like they are actively trying to make the show as crappy as possible. they might as well send somebody over to your house to kick you in the nuts while you watch.
    10 million dune buggies comin' down the mountain
  • Am I the only one that thinks Lucas sucks? I cannot stand him.

i'm with you on this one.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,680
    CrazyJD wrote:
    Im guessing PJ said no.... but Coldplay, Nirvana, Radiohead and STP all say yes?
    Obvioiusly PJ and other bands you don't hear (U2, LedZep, The Clash and others are noticeably absent as well) didn't want/need CBS' money, whereas the others were happy to take a check. Seems Courtney Love is profiting quite a bit from the show.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • BrainOfJDBrainOfJD Posts: 242
    Poncier wrote:
    Obvioiusly PJ and other bands you don't hear (U2, LedZep, The Clash and others are noticeably absent as well) didn't want/need CBS' money, whereas the others were happy to take a check. Seems Courtney Love is profiting quite a bit from the show.

That's exactly the case. It's not just permission, it's a matter of payment.

If Kurt Cobain was still alive, do you think there's a chance in hell they would be singing those songs?
    10 million dune buggies comin' down the mountain
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    So I just went over to the main website to check out this 'vote for what you want to hear' thing and I am really disappointed....we're gonna be sitting through 7 performances we have essentially heard before. Even if someone gets their 'wildcard', it's still a song we have heard before-just sung by somebody else. This is really quite lame.
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • CrazyJDCrazyJD Posts: 103
    LedZepFan wrote:
    So I just went over to the main website to check out this 'vote for what you want to hear' thing and I am really disappointed....we're gonna be sitting through 7 performances we have essentially heard before. Even if someone gets their 'wildcard', it's still a song we have heard before-just sung by somebody else. This is really quite lame.

Yup... makes no sense. Why cant all 4 options be songs they have done, even if others have? Why in the hell would you make people sing the same songs again? Is this to grab an extra week since the double elimination screwed up CBS's plans?

Also, I do have to say Zayra left me with 1 good thing... her elim song "razorblade" by Blue October is pretty fuckin cool. I am not really familiar with that band except for "Hate me", but I checked out razorblade and its not bad. (sounded like a decent tune underneath her singing lol).
    Halifax, Summer 2008... they return!
  • listening to razorblade now ... listening to the music behind her screaching i thought i was a good song ... and it is.
    I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal. But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existance either.
  • they did the same thing last season. So I think it was planned this way, just like the double elimination was planned.
    CrazyJD wrote:
    Yup... makes no sense. Why cant all 4 options be songs they have done, even if others have? Why in the hell would you make people sing the same songs again? Is this to grab an extra week since the double elimination screwed up CBS's plans?

Also, I do have to say Zayra left me with 1 good thing... her elim song "razorblade" by Blue October is pretty fuckin cool. I am not really familiar with that band except for "Hate me", but I checked out razorblade and its not bad. (sounded like a decent tune underneath her singing lol).
  • vedderwoodvedderwood Posts: 2,029
    i'm with you on this one.

Me too! I don't completely hate lukas, but there is no way in hell that he should win! he's not that great!

i am sad that zayra is gone! she was very entertaining and i always looked forward to what she'd do next!

toby is hot!
    DC 6/14/98
    NJ 8/28 & 8/29/98
    NJ 9/1 & 9/2/00
    PA 4/28/03
    NJ 7/5 & 7/6/03
    NY 7/8/03
    PA 7/12/03
    PA 10/1/04
    DC 10/11/04
    NJ 9/30 & 10/1/05
    PA 10/3/05
    NJ 5/27 & 5/28/06
    DC 5/30/06
    NJ 6/1 & 6/3/06
    WA 7/22 & 7/23/06
    IL 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19 & 6/20/08
    DC 6/22/08
    NY 6/24 & 6/25/08
    NY 7/1/08
    PA 10/27, 10/28, 10/30 & 10/31/09
    CrazyJD wrote:

I LOVED that song....I never heard of that song either and I loved the way she sang it! Is it available for download? Not the Blue October version, but the Zayra version? Does anyone have it?
    DC 6/14/98
    NJ 8/28 & 8/29/98
    NJ 9/1 & 9/2/00
    PA 4/28/03
    NJ 7/5 & 7/6/03
    NY 7/8/03
    PA 7/12/03
    PA 10/1/04
    DC 10/11/04
    NJ 9/30 & 10/1/05
    PA 10/3/05
    NJ 5/27 & 5/28/06
    DC 5/30/06
    NJ 6/1 & 6/3/06
    WA 7/22 & 7/23/06
    IL 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19 & 6/20/08
    DC 6/22/08
    NY 6/24 & 6/25/08
    NY 7/1/08
    vedderwood wrote:
    I LOVED that song....I never heard of that song either and I loved the way she sang it! Is it available for download? Not the Blue October version, but the Zayra version? Does anyone have it?

Do yourself a favour and get the original.... lol. Zayra's broken english is painful.

It sounds like Tool meets Incubus to me... but Hate Me isnt like that at all. I wonder what the rest of their stuff sounds like.
    CrazyJD wrote:
    Do yourself a favour and get the original.... lol. Zayra's broken english is painful.

It sounds like Tool meets Incubus to me... but Hate Me isnt like that at all. I wonder what the rest of their stuff sounds like.

I love Incubus!

Hahahaha...I know, I'm silly for wanting the Zayra version....do you know if it's available for download?
    DC 6/14/98
    NJ 8/28 & 8/29/98
    NJ 9/1 & 9/2/00
    PA 4/28/03
    NJ 7/5 & 7/6/03
    NY 7/8/03
    PA 7/12/03
    PA 10/1/04
    DC 10/11/04
    NJ 9/30 & 10/1/05
    PA 10/3/05
    NJ 5/27 & 5/28/06
    DC 5/30/06
    NJ 6/1 & 6/3/06
    WA 7/22 & 7/23/06
    IL 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19 & 6/20/08
    DC 6/22/08
    NY 6/24 & 6/25/08
    NY 7/1/08
    vedderwood wrote:
    I love Incubus!

Hahahaha...I know, I'm silly for wanting the Zayra version....do you know if it's available for download?

I know supernovafans.com have mp3 and videos available for free I beleive
  • edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    For whoever plays video games or has kids that play video games:

my son and I think Lucas looks like Dr. Neo Cortex from the Crash Bandicoot series...lol!

and for the record, I thought last season was better. Not so many repeated songs. Quality of performers were better too. Just my opinion.
    For whoever plays video games or has kids that play video games:

my son and I think Lucas looks like Dr. Neo Cortex from the Crash Bandicoot series...lol!

and for the record, I thought last season was better. Not so many repeated songs. Quality of performers were better too. Just my opinion.

I didn't really watch INXS until the very end. I didnt really care about the INXS revival and the attempt to replace Hutchence... plus they OVERKILLED INXS tunes as they played them over and over every week during elimination.
    I tuned into this just to see what this new band was going to be like... I don't really CARE about a new TLee band, but at least where the band has no history I was able to enjoy (if you call it that sometimes) all the singers for their own thing and not trying to see if they could play with INXS.

After hearing their first tune, I probably wont like their music, but I will wait till I hear more. I just like music and some of these singers so I'll tune in.
    anybody else have an enormous amount of problems trying to watch the weekly webisodes? mine always get stalled and shit...

anyway, looks like there are actually songs this week, maybe that whole voting thing was about wednesday? Ryan Starr is doing an original, I can't wait to hear it.

Some die just to live.
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    Ryan's original song kicked some a$$...like the guys said where in the hell did he pull that out....i think he is the front runner now

also one other note..more Nirvana!!! WTF its getting tiring
  • to me, the CBS broadcast sounds like shit tonight ... all vocals are too low (even the backups can be heard over the leads).

totally ruining the night.
    I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal. But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existance either.
  • ok Gross Tommy Lee is tonguing the dog.

Ok onto the show. Who the fuck kidnapped Ryan and replaced him with a rocker???? That was great!!

Am I the only one thats not a fan of Dilana's voice? Yes she can sing, but her severe smokers voice is getting irritating for me. She did a good job with the song she had tho.
    I used to like Lukas, but he's not taking Jasons advise to heart and opening his throat more. I thought he coulda done the Killers song SOOO much better.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
    I agree, Dilana sucks.

Ryan was awesome

I liked Magni's take on the Nirvana tune cuz, unlike most people, he didnt TRY TO SOUND LIKE COBAIN. I HATE when people do that.

Lukas could have done better but it wasn't bad.

Toby did a pretty cool job with that song

Patrice is uninspiring as always.

Storm continues to be my favorite of the women...she did a pretty good job

Some die just to live.
  • still biased for dilana over here...particularly after the pool run ;)

patrice probably goes this week?
  • pjalive21 wrote:
    Ryan's original song kicked some a$$...like the guys said where in the hell did he pull that out....i think he is the front runner now

also one other note..more Nirvana!!! WTF its getting tiring
    That song Ryan did was on his solo album. It's available on Itunes, but it's not the rocking version from the show. The version on his album is piano and drums only.

Check out his former band Stage, if you want to hear more of his rock songs.
    http://www.maverick.com/stage
  • r2g2r2g2 Posts: 66
    Dilana- was boring and sucked this week

Ryan - was good

Magni - i really liked it

Patrice - bye, bye

Lucas- it was just ok for me dog

Storm - weak and she was dancing like Anthony Keidis

Toby - decent
    I said Yeaaaaaaah!
  • where do you vote for the songs?
    Run to the hills
    run for your life
  • 3manstack3manstack Posts: 205
    Dear Lukass

I see you are still doing your bad Billy Weiland / Scott Idol impression, please for the sake of all that is decent in music, please please please rip your own fucking throat out and take that stupid Skunk hairdo and Big Big foreheeeeed with you.

Dan Dares coming for you Mekon Boy!!!!

Failing that just fucking Die Motherfucker!!!!!!
  • upina2001upina2001 Posts: 764
    Dilana- heartfelt, yet lacked UMPH.

Ryan - was really good; lame guitar throw; best vocals of the night

Magni - not that impressed; you cant let someone else tell you how to act on stage; a guitar smash should come natural.

Patrice - decent original; not what the band is looking for

Lucas- vocals are awful, sounds like Tommy Lee singing

Storm - as continued to show she is not a lead singer

Toby - good arrangement of Layla; didnt hurt himself

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)

• Dilana- showed she has no range
    Ryan - good
    Magni - boring
    Patrice - lost my attention after 5 seconds
    Lucas- did not see anything to warrent "check please"
    Storm - decent
    Toby - not bad
  • Dilana - Boring...getting tired of her voice...there is no range or variety to her voice at all...it's the same scratchy, 3 pack a day sound week in and week out.

Magni - GREAT! Loved him since day 1....hope he wins!

Ryan - Great also, he's going to give Magni a run for his money.

Lukas - Hate him. Shaky, nasally voice. Just go...now.

Patrice - Did well with her original, but I don't think it is what Supernova is looking for...I expect her to be voted off tonight.

Storm - The eye/face expressions are getting old...come up with something new.

Toby - I liked his version of Layla...I think he's good, but not quite good enough to win it all.

On a side note....it sucked waiting until 10pm EST to watch it....can't wait to see what happens tonight.
    Underneath this smile lies everything
    all my hopes, anger, pride and shame...
    I thought Toby and Ryan's "performance" (nice original by Ryan) were the only ones that appeared to be given some thought. I agree with Gilby that its not all about the singing now, give us some memorable performance moments!

Magni, Dilana, Lukas, Patrice, Storm all gave a standard performance for them... same stage act, new song. I really miss the Dilana of the first 4 weeks. Lukas did ok but I kept waiting for something other than running around stage. He CAN sing so I dont know why he feels he constantly has to cut his voice off. Liked the reflective guitar thing though.

All it takes is a dramatic pause, a cool re-arrangement, a spotlight moment like in bittersweet symphony etc... SOMETHING to make people go "that KICKED ASS"... something to give goosebumps and make you keep watching them. They are singing it with emotion but most performances warrant a golf clap.
  • offigooffigo Posts: 81
    Dilana-just ok, she is really irking me after seeing the webcasts
    Storm- Great voice, eyes do kind of annoy me too, but technically best voice.
    Magni- My favorite, I don't think he ever really misses.
    Lucas-Stinks, played, no voice, all an act. Did gain respect for him if you see the webcast though.
    Ryan- Did great and I think he will do great but for some reason he just doesn't ring my bell. Just me though.
    Patrice-sorry just really boring
    Toby-loved the arrangement of Layla, thought he did great.
    "Really don't mind if you sit this one out.

My words but a whisper -- your deafness a SHOUT.
    I may make you feel but I can't make you think."