Supernova

Comments

• funkymonkfunkymonk Posts: 279
    All that I can say about last night's performance episode was that it was "all sauteed in wrong sauce".
  • yeah was hell crap!
    Run to the hills
    run for your life
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,680
    sickwillie wrote:
    I noticed that, but rather than thinking about the music rights, I thought it may be a concerted effort on both Patrice's and Magni's part... you know, to take these two songs Lukas sang, and do a much better job on them (IMO, both did). It tells Supernova, even if only on a subconscious level, "Look here, fucks! That Billy Idol impersonating hack has been giving you guys the weak shit, and you're lapping it up like crack rocks! We're better than he is in every conceivable way... well, Magni is, anyway... so why the hell is Lukas never in the bottom three? I know... it's because you've brainwashed the voters just like he's brainwashed you! AAAAAAAAARRRRGGGGgggghhh..." (at which point Patrice & Magni throw selves through window)

Seriously though, it amuses me to think that they both set out to upstage Lukas tonight. And, even though Patrice should be crying into her Mountain Dew and wondering what might have been right now, no one can deny the fact that she killed Lukas on that number (not to mention her number last night, no matter how weak it was... Lukas sounded like a dying frog).
    I was thinking the same thing.

Lends creedence to my theory that Lukas is already hired and the show is just about $$$.
    These 2 have decided to give an F.U. to Lukas and all the love for him.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    FYI: Toby is from Aussie not Lukas.
    The "winged monkey from Oz" comment he made is not a reference of Lukas being from Australia but looking like one of the Wicked Witch of the West's henchman form "The Wizard of Oz".
    Poncier wrote:
    So after last night, the bottom 3 should be:
    Storm, Storm and Storm.
    I still stand by this, and Storm seemed shocked and bothered by not being in the bottom 3.
    The viewer voting is a joke. They don't take into account the performances week to week. Lukas didn't get bottom 3 when he forgot the lyrics to "Celebrity Skin", Storm doesn't make it last night....what are they using Florida vote machines to tally this thing? Total BS.
  • What was with the "original" Supernova track? It was horid. I dont know how Jason Newstead could ever allow those dancers, just doesnt seem like something he would be a part of. The track sound like something from the 80s that Crue would play.
  • BrainOfJDBrainOfJD Posts: 242
    What was with the "original" Supernova track? It was horid. I dont know how Jason Newstead could ever allow those dancers, just doesnt seem like something he would be a part of. The track sound like something from the 80s that Crue would play.

It was utter crap. Jaw-droppingly awful. I'd be surprised if the album sold 100,000 copies even with the benefit of a network TV show. It was as if grunge never happened, much less the 15 years since grunge.

Newstead must be really, really hard up for cash. Tommy Lee is just a dope and Gilby Clarke has nothing else going on, so who cares. But Jason Newstead, ye gods, I used to have respect for the guy. And Justice For All! Garage Days! To this...? Uggggggggh.
    10 million dune buggies comin' down the mountain
  • hendrix78hendrix78 Posts: 507
    I agree the Supernova song was pathetic. There was nothing interesting about it. I will say that I thought Dilana did fine fronting the band, but I'd rather see her have better material to work with.
  • What was with the "original" Supernova track? It was horid. I dont know how Jason Newstead could ever allow those dancers, just doesnt seem like something he would be a part of. The track sound like something from the 80s that Crue would play.

I was thinking what Navarro's reaction was to the dancers after he told Toby about the megaphone being a cheap trick...

That was bad.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    I was thinking what Navarro's reaction was to the dancers after he told Toby about the megaphone being a cheap trick...

That was bad.

i actually thought that Toby using the megaphone during part of that song was a good idea and it fit well and was creative, but what do i know

so i take it Gilbys words about women using themselves as sex symbols went out the window when the girls were dancing while they were playing?
  • hendrix78 wrote:
    I agree the Supernova song was pathetic. There was nothing interesting about it. I will say that I thought Dilana did fine fronting the band, but I'd rather see her have better material to work with.

i dont think we got a good representation of the their sound because dilana butchered it. also, the MJ choreography was pathetic ... i think they will hold on to her for a bit because she a fan fave, but no way can they name her the winner after watching the playback of last nights performance.
    I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal. But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existance either.
  • i thought that the girl who got voted off last night, zayana or whatever, did a great job on her song last night. it was different to say the least, but i liked it. am i the only one?? :o
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • upina2001upina2001 Posts: 764
    aBoxOfFear wrote:
    i thought that the girl who got voted off last night, zayana or whatever, did a great job on her song last night. it was different to say the least, but i liked it. am i the only one?? :o

i didnt see it, but my wife did, and she said it was good. (i trust her judgement. for god's sake, she married a jammer!!)

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)

• LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    pjalive21 wrote:
    so i take it Gilbys words about women using themselves as sex symbols went out the window when the girls were dancing while they were playing?

I noticed that too....the dancers were pathetic. I have a feeling that was either Lee or Navarro's work(keep in mind, Dave is the producer of the show)
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • LedZepFan wrote:
    I noticed that too....the dancers were pathetic. I have a feeling that was either Lee or Navarro's work(keep in mind, Dave is the producer of the show)

i would tend to agree.
  • upina2001 wrote:
    i didnt see it, but my wife did, and she said it was good. (i trust her judgement. for god's sake, she married a jammer!!)

haha. well that's good to know. the people i watched it with absolutely hated it. i felt so alone. :D
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • I thought the girl who got voted off gave the best preformance last night and her song was so much better than any of the other songs that night....
  • pjalive21 wrote:

I thought the same thing.
  • CrazyJDCrazyJD Posts: 103
    upina2001 wrote:

It was strange.... it made me laugh out loud at the end of it at her screaming, and her singing/yelling was just all over the charts. It was bad, but in a sort of good way. I actually commented on how it was probably my favorite performance of hers, as bad as she is. At least she brings her own style and passion to the song, unlike some "mailed in" performances we see. I actually wanted Patrice to go home ahead of her, just because she finally delivered a rock performance (for her anyway). But I think they just finally said enough is enough with Z.
    Halifax, Summer 2008... they return!
  • hendrix78hendrix78 Posts: 507
    Harrymanback, I disagree that Diliana butchered the song. I don't think anyone could have made the song work. In my opinion, the music was just generic garbage. Anyone who's been playing guitar for a year or less could have written something like that in their sleep. I thought Dilana sounded fine on it, it was just a bad song.
    pjalive21 wrote:
    With things like this, plus the way these guys tell one singer you need to "bring the rock" and 5 minutes later fawn over a stripped down performance by one of the singers they obvioulsy like, the band should change its name to "Contradiction"

They could even do a funky spelling for effect: Contra-Dick-Shun.

"Rockstar Contradickshun" has a nice ring to it.
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Poncier wrote:
    With things like this, plus the way these guys tell one singer you need to "bring the rock" and 5 minutes later fawn over a stripped down performance by one of the singers they obvioulsy like, the band should change its name to "Contradiction"

wouldn't want them to rip off Malfunkshun, tho!! ;)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    Am I the only one that thinks Lucas sucks? I cannot stand him.
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    Poncier wrote:

hey that sounds better than Damnocracy....

hey Sebastian is that you in the PJ Message Pit??? haha

i agree with you tho i think Supernova has no idea whats going on or what they want
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    upina2001 wrote:

I agree with you. I never thought she was awful but i dont think she was right to win. She is different, gotta give her that.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Hey does the show have to seek permission from the artists to have their music played on the show? Cause if any of them want to do Pearl Jam songs I don't see them getting permission. I know Magni and Ryan like Pearl Jam (my fav two in the show aswell).
    Hey does the show have to seek permission from the artists to have their music played on the show? Cause if any of them want to do Pearl Jam songs I don't see them getting permission. I know Magni and Ryan like Pearl Jam (my fav two in the show aswell).

Yes I read that they need every member in a band's consent before using their songs. Which makes sense, and explains why their choices are limited BY ARTIST somewhat, but some of these bands they DO use have tons of songs that they could avoid the Disco tunes.... seriously, they contacted Gloria Gaynor about "I will survive" ??

But then the contestants on occasion sing a "bottom 3" song which is different from the show's setlist... I assume the contestants must submit a few songs and the show tries to get permission for them.

Im guessing PJ said no.... but Coldplay, Nirvana, Radiohead and STP all say yes?
  • bluemonkeybluemonkey Posts: 198
    Am I the only one that thinks Lucas sucks? I cannot stand him.
    lukas rules.i'll be pissed if he doesn't win.
  • bluemonkeybluemonkey Posts: 198
    pjalive21 wrote:
    i actually thought that Toby using the megaphone during part of that song was a good idea and it fit well and was creative, but what do i know

a-the megaphone works for scott weiland,not for toby.then again nothing does.

b-those were dancers.that's what they do...gilby was talking about female singers using sex to get over.he means her voice is enough,she didn't have to dry hump him on stage for a cheap pop.
    Did you see the new interactive SN promo!? The FANS vote on what they'd like to hear the rockers sing next week! Hey maybe this could get interesting!

Few rules though

1)CBS only allow you to pick from 4 songs for each singer
    2)CBS choose which 4 songs you can choose from
    3)All songs have to be songs that have already been done

oh and

4) 3 OF THE 4 SONGS PER SINGER ARE SONGS THEY HAVE ALREADY SANG! The other one, the "wildcard", is a song a different singer already sung. That wildcard is also chosen by CBS

LOL Brutal