Supernova

Comments

• vedderwoodvedderwood Posts: 2,029
    BrainOfJD wrote:
    Every time I watch the show. :( When they got rid of Zayra, they already knew that they weren't going to pick Patrice or Ryan. Why not get rid of those 2 first - and maybe Storm too - and treat the viewers to a few more weeks of Zayra madness? It's reality TV 101 - keep the interesting contestants and get rid of the boring ones, regardless of the actual competition.

This is so ture and I'm glad you and evenflow? agree! I still enjoy the show, but there is a bit of "ooomph" gone now that Zayra is off! I totally agree with you that if they knew Patrice and Ryan weren't fit for the band, why wouldn't they just keep Zayra around for entertainment purposes! I wasn't even that crazy about Zayra at first...a few episodes in I realized how great her voice was (very Bjorkish), how crazy and entertaining she was and everyone wanted to see what she was going to wear...haha..hey, she always got me up doing situps to try and get a body like hers! I loved Razorblade and thanks to someone on this thread (sorry, I don't remember who suggested it) but I did get the download of it! We should start a petition to get Zayra back...haha!
    DC 6/14/98
    NJ 8/28 & 8/29/98
    NJ 9/1 & 9/2/00
    PA 4/28/03
    NJ 7/5 & 7/6/03
    NY 7/8/03
    PA 7/12/03
    PA 10/1/04
    DC 10/11/04
    NJ 9/30 & 10/1/05
    PA 10/3/05
    NJ 5/27 & 5/28/06
    DC 5/30/06
    NJ 6/1 & 6/3/06
    WA 7/22 & 7/23/06
    IL 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19 & 6/20/08
    DC 6/22/08
    NY 6/24 & 6/25/08
    NY 7/1/08
    PA 10/27, 10/28, 10/30 & 10/31/09
  • I thought Dilana would win from day one,she has the sexy looks,great voice,stage presence etc. The only other person I could see in the band is Lukas, but we shall see.
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    that "performance" of Baba was worse than any i have ever heard...

get the words right man for one thing

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Anyone that watches this should sell everything PJ they own. These people openly shit on music as an artform.

I hope that whole arena goes under in a earthquake
  • vedderwood wrote:
    We should start a petition to get Zayra back...haha!

The second they announced that you can text to vote for a contestant to make a "surprise appearance" in the finale, I voted for Zayra. The show has gotten to be so dull and boring without her.
  • Poncier wrote:
    Only one song.
    Most people who don't know the title assume that the title is "Teenage Wasteland" cause thats the chorus.

ta, i thought so
    Run to the hills
    run for your life
  • Toby is going to win.

Dilana, Lucas, Storm... all suck.

Magni is awesome but is too clean for these guys. If he actual won I'd consider buying the record.

Ryan was really good too. Strong performe rif you ask me. I might look into his solo stuff.

Toby is going to win.
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    now question time
    A roommate told me there are two songs by the Who
    this is relating to the whole Ryan star elimination preformance

One is Baba o'Riley and the other is called Teenage Wasteland, now i like the Who, and this girl swears that they are two different songs. I think she is missing the plate on this one.
    But is there any difference? she says its the way they sing it, makes it a different song?

From what I understand, Teenage Wasteland was the original, meant for the aborted album Lifehouse. When Townsend had a nervous breakdown, they scrapped Lifehouse and did Who's Next instead. I'm assuming somehwere in between Teenage Wasteland evolved into Baba O'Riley.
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • My3rdEye wrote:
    Toby is going to win.

Dilana, Lucas, Storm... all suck.

Magni is awesome but is too clean for these guys. If he actual won I'd consider buying the record.

Ryan was really good too. Strong performe rif you ask me. I might look into his solo stuff.

Toby is going to win.

by saying Magni is too clean for these guys what the fuck is Toby? lol hes just like magni
    Run to the hills
    run for your life
  • amitamit Posts: 73
    Don't you guys think that the latest Supernova original was fucking awesome!

The first couple of originals were dissapointing, considering the background of the ban members.

But I can't stop watching the newest one with the SHIIIIIIINE part
  • CrazyJDCrazyJD Posts: 103
    amit wrote:
    Don't you guys think that the latest Supernova original was fucking awesome!

The first couple of originals were dissapointing, considering the background of the ban members.

But I can't stop watching the newest one with the SHIIIIIIINE part

I like the song... seems to drag a bit at the end, but some tweaking could fix that. But overall its pretty catchy, and not in a "hey hey hey, ho ho ho" way lol

Personally I think Lukas could "record" these songs with his voice style and it would probably sound pretty cool. I doubt he could perform for 2 hours and make them all sound great like EV for instance. I like singers that have a distinct sound, and I think Lukas could add alot of personality to a track, like this one.
    Halifax, Summer 2008... they return!
  • amitamit Posts: 73
    Yeah Lucas does have an awesome voice. But it does have that strange kind of rough quality to it, so I see what you mean.

I could see any of those guys fronting the band to be honest.
  • A radio station in Iceland has posted mp3's with Magni and his band recorded a few years ago, where Magni covers PJ and U2. Here below are the links.
    Hope you enjoy!

Daughter http://www.fm957.is/lisalib/getfile.aspx?itemid=14198
    One http://www.fm957.is/lisalib/getfile.aspx?itemid=14201
    In A Little While http://www.fm957.is/lisalib/getfile.aspx?itemid=14200
    Stan http://www.fm957.is/lisalib/getfile.aspx?itemid=14199
    It's okay! I'm easy to forget! I'm only the fucking lead singer! - Jeff Bebe, Almost Famous
  • by saying Magni is too clean for these guys what the fuck is Toby? lol hes just like magni

I just think Magni doesn't have enough of that "bad boy" image about him. I just see Toby and Tommy hitting it off very well and enjoying the ladies.
  • Havent watched in a few weeks, Is Lukass still in it?

If he is Im still Fucking Hating his whole "act".

Die Die Die Motherfucker Die Die Die

Is Dilana still in too? If so Why cant she just smoke herself to death,

Nasty Nasty People!

That Is All.
    Hello friends! Please forgive me if this has already been discussed, but I heard a rumor yesterday that there is going to be a wildcard contestant brought back into the competition and that is decided by the world's votes! Does anyone know anything about this??? I guess in a way it would make sense that the world would vote because that would give an indication to Supernova that people would buy their record/concert tickets...unless the world totally screwed them over voted someone horrible back in! If this does indeed happen, I am voting for Zayra to come back!!!!! Does anyone know anything more about this or is this just a huge rumor that has no truth behind it?
    DC 6/14/98
    NJ 8/28 & 8/29/98
    NJ 9/1 & 9/2/00
    PA 4/28/03
    NJ 7/5 & 7/6/03
    NY 7/8/03
    PA 7/12/03
    PA 10/1/04
    DC 10/11/04
    NJ 9/30 & 10/1/05
    PA 10/3/05
    NJ 5/27 & 5/28/06
    DC 5/30/06
    NJ 6/1 & 6/3/06
    WA 7/22 & 7/23/06
    IL 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19 & 6/20/08
    DC 6/22/08
    NY 6/24 & 6/25/08
    NY 7/1/08
  • vedderwood wrote:
    Hello friends! Please forgive me if this has already been discussed, but I heard a rumor yesterday that there is going to be a wildcard contestant brought back into the competition and that is decided by the world's votes! Does anyone know anything about this??? I guess in a way it would make sense that the world would vote because that would give an indication to Supernova that people would buy their record/concert tickets...unless the world totally screwed them over voted someone horrible back in! If this does indeed happen, I am voting for Zayra to come back!!!!! Does anyone know anything more about this or is this just a huge rumor that has no truth behind it?

i think it's just a vote to bring someone back for one performance, vedderwood. they wouldn't remain on the show.
  • Those two are the best and either one SHOULD win
  • amit wrote:
    Yeah Lucas does have an awesome voice. But it does have that strange kind of rough quality to it, so I see what you mean.

I could see any of those guys fronting the band to be honest.
    I'm sorry but he blows...he sounds the same on every song-and I have to mute it just to get through
  • mike_s_6 wrote:
    Anyone try to guess what they sound like? I'd bet it's worse radio rock than Audioslave.
    What's wrong with Audioslave????
  • My3rdEye wrote:
    I just think Magni doesn't have enough of that "bad boy" image about him. I just see Toby and Tommy hitting it off very well and enjoying the ladies.
    Yeah I agree
  • 3manstack wrote:
    Havent watched in a few weeks, Is Lukass still in it?

If he is Im still Fucking Hating his whole "act".

Die Die Die Motherfucker Die Die Die

Is Dilana still in too? If so Why cant she just smoke herself to death,

Nasty Nasty People!

That Is All.
    I TOTALLY AGREE with you man
    i think it's just a vote to bring someone back for one performance, vedderwood. they wouldn't remain on the show.

Yeah, I guess that sounds about right...I'd still vote for Zayra though..haha!
    DC 6/14/98
    NJ 8/28 & 8/29/98
    NJ 9/1 & 9/2/00
    PA 4/28/03
    NJ 7/5 & 7/6/03
    NY 7/8/03
    PA 7/12/03
    PA 10/1/04
    DC 10/11/04
    NJ 9/30 & 10/1/05
    PA 10/3/05
    NJ 5/27 & 5/28/06
    DC 5/30/06
    NJ 6/1 & 6/3/06
    WA 7/22 & 7/23/06
    IL 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19 & 6/20/08
    DC 6/22/08
    NY 6/24 & 6/25/08
    NY 7/1/08
  • vedderwood wrote:
    Yeah, I guess that sounds about right...I'd still vote for Zayra though..haha!

why not, eh? :)
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,680
    Maybe she'll perform nekkid.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • wow thats quite random!
    Run to the hills
    run for your life
  • Oh my god.

Lukas made my skin crawl tonight. Horrible performance.

Storm's original was great, but I still love Magni.

Only seen Dilana, Storm, Magni & Lukas so far...Lukas is ending...but I can see him in the bottom 3 tomorrow...easy.
    Underneath this smile lies everything
    all my hopes, anger, pride and shame...
    Thoughts on the final 5 show... looks like everyone is just having fun now, its refreshing actually lol.

Dilana - hampered by not being able to do anythign but sit or hop. Like I said, Im a fan of her sound, she sang great, and her original wasnt near as bad as I thought it would be... then again, I dont know the lyrics. But in this competition, she is done like dinner. The breakdown moments showed she cant handle much pressure.

Magni - Im glad they commented on the bland performances...again, great singer, great rock karaoke singer... doesnt bring much else to the table.

Storm - Not right for the band, but a passionate performer... her original would have had more punch if it wasnt edited for TV, but still a pretty cool original. Googly eyes or not she is an entertaining personality IMO.

Toby - generic high energy pretty boy, but he's gotten much better in the last few weeks and really gets the crowd going (girls of course). Admire his enthusiasm, not his voice. Could be the darkhorse, likely finishing #2.

Lukas - #1. He has opened up and sung the past few weeks, and by far the most creative/unique style and voice. For the first time since early Dilana, his version of Bon Jovi gave me goosebumps. Im not a HUGE fan of his growling style at times yet I really dont care what my favorite lead singers look like, unlike many who cant get past his skunk style lol. I wondered how "livin on a prayer" could be done so that it didnt sound corny and 80's... his version was fuckin awesome IMO. The rest of the guys would have sang it out like Jon Bon himself, and I would have fallen asleep. His original was good, not as twisted or crazy as I thought it might be...

Anyway, Lukas ~can~ sing, and he brings an original sound and creativity. Many HATE him, but I do look forward to seeing what a recorded album with him might sound like, even if SN's tracks have been pretty lame (next one sounds like it might be pretty cool).
    Oh my god.

Lukas made my skin crawl tonight. Horrible performance.

Storm's original was great, but I still love Magni.

Only seen Dilana, Storm, Magni & Lukas so far...Lukas is ending...but I can see him in the bottom 3 tomorrow...easy.

lol its funny how so many people can have completely different opinions on what they are watching... ;)
  • Lucas did a superb job on LOaP...didn't overly like his original, but it was okay

Toby's original was pretty good. Like the band said...the fans new the main words and could sing along right away.

Dilana was great. BBE was good but she turned back to singing about "the events" once again, and while it was a pretty good song, I think that the topic shoulda been dropped. I think she has hung herself out for the last time.

Magni was vocally great, but another stagnant stage show.

Storm was meh. Good energy as per norm. Her Bowie song was okay, but not great...Bowie would be hard to cover. I hated her original. Catchy beat with no substanance. She does not fit

that being said, either Magni or Storm will be gone. I hope Storm, but believe it will be Magni...unless he puts on a hell of a show on wed.
    The only thing I enjoy is having no feelings....being numb rocks!

And I won't make the same mistakes
    (Because I know)
    Because I know how much time that wastes
    (And function)
    Function is the key