Supernova

Comments

• BrainOfJDBrainOfJD Posts: 242
    r2g2 wrote:
    Storm - weak and she was dancing like Anthony Keidis

LMFAO :D
    10 million dune buggies comin' down the mountain
  • Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    Dilana singing her own name in the song last night was rediculous and I am surprised that none of the supernova fellas or dave said anything....it was weak. She needs to go.not right now, because it is patrice's turn, but soon.

Ryan, Magni and Toby should be last 3 standing.
  • edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    Dilana - Boring...getting tired of her voice...there is no range or variety to her voice at all...it's the same scratchy, 3 pack a day sound week in and week out.

Magni - GREAT! Loved him since day 1....hope he wins!

Ryan - Great also, he's going to give Magni a run for his money.

Lukas - Hate him. Shaky, nasally voice. Just go...now.

Patrice - Did well with her original, but I don't think it is what Supernova is looking for...I expect her to be voted off tonight.

Storm - The eye/face expressions are getting old...come up with something new.

Toby - I liked his version of Layla...I think he's good, but not quite good enough to win it all.

On a side note....it sucked waiting until 10pm EST to watch it....can't wait to see what happens tonight.

Ditto.....I think either Tobi or Patrice will go tonight.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,680
    I liked Ryan's song, but the guitar throw right after they told Magni he should do it semed a bit too forced. Maybe he had planned to do it all along, but if so should have scrapped it after the discussion prior to him taking the stage.

I thought Patrice was decent and really think Storm should go before Patrice does. Clearly she won't win, but I think she's more of a pure rocker than some of the others, nothing seems contrived with her.

Anyway, clearly Patrice will land in bottom 3, probably along with Magni and Toby cause the voters have some sort of obsession with Storm, Lukaskunk and Dilana, and they won't get there even when quite deserving (as we saw with Storm last week and Lukey when he butchered Hole). Which is what sucks most about this show, if Lukas can avoid singing for survival after a perormance where he remebered 11% of the lyrics, the voting system should be changed.

In all likelihood, bye bye Patrice. Too bad, she deserves to stay ahead of at least 1 more maybe 2 befor going.

Tommy's reaction to skunky again tells me that Supernova (read that Tommy, I doubt Jason and Gilby really have any say) has already hired Lukas.
    That performance didn't rate "check, please" unless Tommy meant he needed to get out of there fast.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • offigooffigo Posts: 81
    I was actually alarmed last night after that "Check Please" comment. I could not believe we were watching the same show. That was just awful. I find them extremely biased this year.
    "Really don't mind if you sit this one out.

My words but a whisper -- your deafness a SHOUT.
    I may make you feel but I can't make you think."
  • BrainOfJDBrainOfJD Posts: 242
    Poncier wrote:
    I liked Ryan's song, but the guitar throw right after they told Magni he should do it semed a bit too forced. Maybe he had planned to do it all along, but if so should have scrapped it after the discussion prior to him taking the stage.

I thought Patrice was decent and really think Storm should go before Patrice does. Clearly she won't win, but I think she's more of a pure rocker than some of the others, nothing seems contrived with her.

Anyway, clearly Patrice will land in bottom 3, probably along with Magni and Toby cause the voters have some sort of obsession with Storm, Lukaskunk and Dilana, and they won't get there even when quite deserving (as we saw with Storm last week and Lukey when he butchered Hole). Which is what sucks most about this show, if Lukas can avoid singing for survival after a perormance where he remebered 11% of the lyrics, the voting system should be changed.

In all likelihood, bye bye Patrice. Too bad, she deserves to stay ahead of at least 1 more maybe 2 befor going.

Tommy's reaction to skunky again tells me that Supernova (read that Tommy, I doubt Jason and Gilby really have any say) has already hired Lukas.
    That performance didn't rate "check, please" unless Tommy meant he needed to get out of there fast.

I agree with every single thing you wrote.

Patrice was pretty good last night, but she will most likely be going home. It's a shame because Storm and Lukas don't even seem to try. Storm just coasts on her good looks and cringe-worthy affectations (oh god, the crazy eye was in full effect last night) and Lukas on his... I don't even know what he has going for him. I guess he had a couple of good early performances. But he's not a good singer or performer, he looks like a goblin, and he comes off as a childish, arrogant prick.

What was up with Tommy Lee's "check please" comment? I still don't understand if he meant that Lukas was good or bad.

Ryan's song was great but yeah - if he was already planning to throw the guitar he shouldn't have, and if he decided to after hearing the comment he definitely shouldn't have.

Dilana also seems to be coasting. Her comment about her mother was moving but honestly she is limited. She has the Marlboro voice and that's it.

Magni annoys me too. He's too nu-metal for me or something. I can't put my finger on it.

I still think Toby deserves to win. He seems to have a sense of humor and a general lack of douchebaggery compared to the rest of the crew.
    10 million dune buggies comin' down the mountain
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I hated that they moved it to 10pm last night. I think Patrice will get the ax tonight. I liked her song.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • bye bye patty

there are only 3 more shows, so look for double eliminations to start up again next week.
    I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal. But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existance either.
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    i agree with most of you i dont get the whole "check please" thing from last night either....i liked Lukas at the beginning dont get me wrong but he isnt doing anything different...

i dunno im starting to pull for Ryan because he pretty much came from nowhere and IMO has taken over the front runner as long as he keeps rocking like he has the past 2 weeks....

i also liked Dilana for awhile but her voice is tiresome...Magni is right up there and there is something about Toby that the home audience is getting, but i think he is talented, but not the right fit for Supernova

as far as im concerned get rid of Patrice and Storm tonight, do us all a favor
  • floyd1975floyd1975 Posts: 1,350
    I'm pulling for anyone but Ryan and Magni. I would like to see those two succeed and be more than what this band can do for them. It's like last year when I was hoping Marty wouldn't win because I actually liked his voice and music.
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009

there are only 3 more shows, so look for double eliminations to start up again next week.

the last episode is gonna be final four supposedly so, possibly no more double eliminations

zstillings-you actually have a good point with ryan and magni becoming more...however, where has Marty gotten? Nowhere...no acclaim, no attention, nothing....I bet most of you dont even know he indeed has an album out
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • floyd1975floyd1975 Posts: 1,350
    LedZepFan wrote:
    zstillings-you actually have a good point with ryan and magni becoming more...however, where has Marty gotten? Nowhere...no acclaim, no attention, nothing....I bet most of you dont even know he indeed has an album out

I think they've just been playing some festivals and stuff like that. I was a little disappointed in the album.
  • bluemonkeybluemonkey Posts: 198
    Lucas- did not see anything to warrent "check please"
    i did.
  • vedderwoodvedderwood Posts: 2,029
    ok Gross Tommy Lee is tonguing the dog.

Hahahaha...OMG, I witnessed that too!!! I was so friggin skeeved out it's not even funny!!!!
    DC 6/14/98
    NJ 8/28 & 8/29/98
    NJ 9/1 & 9/2/00
    PA 4/28/03
    NJ 7/5 & 7/6/03
    NY 7/8/03
    PA 7/12/03
    PA 10/1/04
    DC 10/11/04
    NJ 9/30 & 10/1/05
    PA 10/3/05
    NJ 5/27 & 5/28/06
    DC 5/30/06
    NJ 6/1 & 6/3/06
    WA 7/22 & 7/23/06
    IL 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19 & 6/20/08
    DC 6/22/08
    NY 6/24 & 6/25/08
    NY 7/1/08
    PA 10/27, 10/28, 10/30 & 10/31/09
    Dilana - not that great last night, but still at the top for me!

Ryan - Sorry, but I can't stand him! His face annoys me for some reason! Didn't like his original!

Magni - Becoming my favorite! Kicked ass!

Patrice - Boring, but has a good voice! Original was decent!

Lucas - Normally I can't stand him, but I liked him last night! He still needs to go though!

Storm - Painful! Her confidence is annoying and her facial expressions are unbareable! Has a great voice though!

Toby - Extremly hot! Thought he did great last night!

Zayra - I want her to come back into the competition...haha...sorry, but I liked her!
    DC 6/14/98
    NJ 8/28 & 8/29/98
    NJ 9/1 & 9/2/00
    PA 4/28/03
    NJ 7/5 & 7/6/03
    NY 7/8/03
    PA 7/12/03
    PA 10/1/04
    DC 10/11/04
    NJ 9/30 & 10/1/05
    PA 10/3/05
    NJ 5/27 & 5/28/06
    DC 5/30/06
    NJ 6/1 & 6/3/06
    WA 7/22 & 7/23/06
    IL 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19 & 6/20/08
    DC 6/22/08
    NY 6/24 & 6/25/08
    NY 7/1/08
    man did they damage the hell out of Dilana on tonights show...or should i say she damaged herself...wow is all i can say about the first half hour so far

no suprise Toby, Storm, and Patrice are the bottom 3
  • pjalive21 wrote:
    man did they damage the hell out of Dilana on tonights show...or should i say she damaged herself...wow is all i can say about the first half hour so far

no suprise Toby, Storm, and Patrice are the bottom 3

yeah, by speaking the truth, eh? who wouldn't want to strangle or beat the hell out of lukas? :D

there's a difference between being in a competition and speaking about things that go on inside a "reality" house, and speaking about what goes on behind closed doors once you are in a band. i guess they left that part out of the questioning.

like she said..."i guess i'm the bitch for this week"...i would guess alluding to the old editing monster on reality tv.

she's one of the few that takes the time to thank the house band after every performance. others do not even acknowledge them. ryan was trying to tell one of the guys how to move his guitar while he was playing?!?!

anyway, i would guess that this week's show may influence some viewers, but if dilana being truthful puts her in the bottom three than it's too bad. her talent will speak for itself.
  • CrazyJDCrazyJD Posts: 103
    pjalive21 wrote:

She absolutely needs to learn what comments are not appropriate, and the press owned her... BUT

You could edit together clips of Toby's comments and make him a sexist... you could edit together clips of Storm and make her a freak (ok she is)... you could edit together Magni's comments (like the one at the end about "I should get an encore" for Hendrix) and make him an arrogant prick...

I find it hard to beleive none of these guys have ever made bad remarks to press or eachother OTHER THAN Dilana, the girl who dances for everyones songs, cries when everyone leaves, and seemed (early on) to have self-confidence issues... and early on it was remarked that Dilana was a great friend to everyone in the house (paraphrased).

Dilana probably is letting the praise go to her head... she is trying to show her confidence and fearlessness in going after the top spot in this "competition". But I think the Burnett producing team are seeing the votes are probably HEAVILY favouring Dilana (probably more than we would realize) and need to bring her down a few notches, make the fans feel it isnt a given, and MOST IMPORTANTLY avoid the fan backlash if the band go with someone else (Lukas, Magni) when Dilana appeared to walk on water in this competition.

I think SN might have watched her sing with them and maybe felt its not what they were after, but with her dominating the polls it might get ugly if they (SN, Burnett) don't bring her down a bit.

But yeah, she took an asswhipping... they even edited out her on-stage responses for the most part... lol
    Halifax, Summer 2008... they return!
  • CrazyJD wrote:
    She absolutely needs to learn what comments are not appropriate, and the press owned her... BUT

You could edit together clips of Toby's comments and make him a sexist... you could edit together clips of Storm and make her a freak (ok she is)... you could edit together Magni's comments (like the one at the end about "I should get an encore" for Hendrix) and make him an arrogant prick...

I find it hard to beleive none of these guys have ever made bad remarks to press or eachother OTHER THAN Dilana, the girl who dances for everyones songs, cries when everyone leaves, and seemed (early on) to have self-confidence issues... and early on it was remarked that Dilana was a great friend to everyone in the house (paraphrased).

Dilana probably is letting the praise go to her head... she is trying to show her confidence and fearlessness in going after the top spot in this "competition". But I think the Burnett producing team are seeing the votes are probably HEAVILY favouring Dilana (probably more than we would realize) and need to bring her down a few notches, make the fans feel it isnt a given, and MOST IMPORTANTLY avoid the fan backlash if the band go with someone else (Lukas, Magni) when Dilana appeared to walk on water in this competition.

I think SN might have watched her sing with them and maybe felt its not what they were after, but with her dominating the polls it might get ugly if they (SN, Burnett) don't bring her down a bit.

But yeah, she took an asswhipping... they even edited out her on-stage responses for the most part... lol

good post crazyjd. i was just reading comments on dilana's page and ALREADY people are over there bashing her...they act like they actually live in the house and know each singer personally. the show was heavily edited like it always is...it's just a matter of who they want to look good or bad...it's too bad so many people buy into it. i'll just keep watching her do a better job on stage than anyone else, sound better than anyone else, and perform better than anyone else.
  • CrazyJDCrazyJD Posts: 103
    good post crazyjd. i was just reading comments on dilana's page and ALREADY people are over there bashing her...they act like they actually live in the house and know each singer personally. the show was heavily edited like it always is...it's just a matter of who they want to look good or bad...it's too bad so many people buy into it. i'll just keep watching her do a better job on stage than anyone else, sound better than anyone else, and perform better than anyone else.

I watch Burnetts shows (amazing race anyway) and its all the same... one team looks to be waaay out in front (or favorites) and suddenly the editing make it look like a bad taxi ride has it very close.... or some contestants are painted as the villains yet other teams AFTER the show say stuff like "we all LOVED them, I was shocked at how they came across in the editing"... or the Hippies last year who were painted as fun loving and goofy, yet many teams really disliked them and their lazy/mooching way of playing the game.

Burnett and SN know Dilana is probably TOO FAR in front right now and with the possibility of her NOT being selected seeming more evident, they need to bring her down a few notches to avoid a really pissed off fan base.... now many fans would say "I really liked Dilana, but she started showing a real bitch side.... etc"
    Halifax, Summer 2008... they return!
    -i don't see why dilana is the front runner...however i was thrilled to see her bury herself a little bit tonight.

-i still am baffled by the toby love by the band.i really don't get it.i can see performances like his at a local bar.

-lukas still rules!!
    bluemonkey wrote:
    -i don't see why dilana is the front runner...however i was thrilled to see her bury herself a little bit tonight.

-i still am baffled by the toby love by the band.i really don't get it.i can see performances like his at a local bar.

-lukas still rules!!

toby is hot!!!!!!!!! i really like magni too...i'm not really sure why he's been in the bottom 3! i do still like dilana, but she needs to bring it in her performance a little more as the numbers get smaller! i feel bad that she was so pin-pointed tonight....i'm sure she'll be in the bottom 3 next week because of it, but she definitly is not going home!
    DC 6/14/98
    NJ 8/28 & 8/29/98
    NJ 9/1 & 9/2/00
    PA 4/28/03
    NJ 7/5 & 7/6/03
    NY 7/8/03
    PA 7/12/03
    PA 10/1/04
    DC 10/11/04
    NJ 9/30 & 10/1/05
    PA 10/3/05
    NJ 5/27 & 5/28/06
    DC 5/30/06
    NJ 6/1 & 6/3/06
    WA 7/22 & 7/23/06
    IL 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19 & 6/20/08
    DC 6/22/08
    NY 6/24 & 6/25/08
    NY 7/1/08
    vedderwood wrote:
    i feel bad that she was so pin-pointed tonight....i'm sure she'll be in the bottom 3 next week because of it, but she definitly is not going home!
    why?she brought it on herself by showing her true colors.she won't be going home unfortunately...you're right.
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    $95 for a ticket? Talk about stealing
    CrazyJD wrote:

great points and i totally agree...what was funny tho is to see Dave Navarro's reaction to her tonight, like he hasnt heard crap like that before

she had a target on her back tonight and the editing was obvious...i dont want her to win at all, i really dont but i dont want her to lose out in this fashion either with crappy editing
    Red Lukin wrote:
    $95 for a ticket? Talk about stealing
    i couldn't imagine buying a ticket right now.you don't even know if the lead singer will be the one you wanted!
    pjalive21 wrote:
    she had a target on her back tonight and the editing was obvious.
    she still said the things she said...editing has nothing to do with that.she could have said something along the lines of a "no comment" like lukas did.
  • upina2001upina2001 Posts: 764
    bluemonkey wrote:
    i couldn't imagine buying a ticket right now.you don't even know if the lead singer will be the one you wanted!

Thats what my wife and I were talking about tonight. How dumb!!

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)

• funkymonkfunkymonk Posts: 279
    Dilana definitely need to be brought down a few pegs. She has had great success in the show so far but it is obviously going to her head. And all she's really done is sing good versions of other people's songs. Tonight she did a lousy job of backpedaling. She went on about how honest she is as a person but totally backed down from all the negative things she said about her house mates. She wants to be a mother dove to Lukas yet bash his brains out? That doesn't sound like dove behaviour. It would be interesting to see the unedited versions of this show.
    i'm not so sure how much of a "front runner" dilana is.her original song was cheesy as hell,and the group even said so.

lukas rules.