Supernova

1212223242527»

Comments

• vedderwood wrote:
    Do you really think that the other contestants knew?

I don't know - Toby looked a little stunned. I have to say I don't blame him. What a terrible decision by the dumbest man on the planet, Tommy Lee.

I think they just should have watched the aduience - when Toby was on stage, the entire crowd was jumping up and down, every hand was in the air, and people were smiling and singing along. When Lukas was on stage, even at the end, people were frowning and they looked bored and disinterested. They chose him because he looked more edgy and punk-rock and he adds that element to their bland, generic songs. I understand that. But at the end of the day, they're a band and they have to entertain an audience. I feel like Lukas makes people actively dislike him, and I don't see how that can be an asset.

Ultimately, though, who cares. They won't be a band by this time next year anyway. It was a ridiculous yet fun show, and my favorite part was dissecting, debating, and making fun of it with you folks here every week! :D:D:D
    10 million dune buggies comin' down the mountain
  • BrainOfJD wrote:
    I think they just should have watched the aduience - when Toby was on stage, the entire crowd was jumping up and down, every hand was in the air, and people were smiling and singing along.
    dude don't be a mark.they are a well trained audience.they are supposed to act like they just saw the beatles take the stage.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,680
    vedderwood wrote:
    Do you really think that the other contestants knew?
    I think the final 6 or so definitely knew, they may have not let the early eliminations like Kermie in on the truth.
    I think anyone you see on tour with the House Band (I'm guessing Dilana, Storm, Toby, Magni, Ryan) knew.
    They may have told Zarex, but she didn't understand. (In fact if you want proof the show was never a true contest, she's it...she is certainly not one of the "15 best unsigned rock singers out there", she was put on the show for ratings because of her wacky antics and interesting clothing.)
    This weekend we rock Portland
    BrainOfJD wrote:
    I feel like Lukas makes people actively dislike him, and I don't see how that can be an asset.
    But he received the most votes this week..according to Tommy Lee. I noticed Tommy is also selling a bridge in Brookly on his website today.
  • floyd1975floyd1975 Posts: 1,350
    BrainOfJD wrote:
    Ultimately, though, who cares. They won't be a band by this time next year anyway. It was a ridiculous yet fun show, and my favorite part was dissecting, debating, and making fun of it with you folks here every week! :D:D:D

I thought of that the minute it was over. I said to my roommate that I would bet that there is a Motley Crue tour by the end of next summer.
  • There already is a Motley Crue tour going on right now.

zstillings wrote:
    I thought of that the minute it was over. I said to my roommate that I would bet that there is a Motley Crue tour by the end of next summer.
  • vedderwoodvedderwood Posts: 2,029
    Poncier wrote:
    But he received the most votes this week..according to Tommy Lee. I noticed Tommy is also selling a bridge in Brookly on his website today.

If Lukas received the most votes this week then why was he in the bottom 3? hahaha...I didn't quite understand that when Tommy brought that up! Dilana was the only one not standing when they announced the bottom 3!
    DC 6/14/98
    NJ 8/28 & 8/29/98
    NJ 9/1 & 9/2/00
    PA 4/28/03
    NJ 7/5 & 7/6/03
    NY 7/8/03
    PA 7/12/03
    PA 10/1/04
    DC 10/11/04
    NJ 9/30 & 10/1/05
    PA 10/3/05
    NJ 5/27 & 5/28/06
    DC 5/30/06
    NJ 6/1 & 6/3/06
    WA 7/22 & 7/23/06
    IL 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19 & 6/20/08
    DC 6/22/08
    NY 6/24 & 6/25/08
    NY 7/1/08
    PA 10/27, 10/28, 10/30 & 10/31/09
  • I guess it is possible that Lukas was in the bottom two at some point but then still got the most votes when voting was over.
    vedderwood wrote:
    If Lukas received the most votes this week then why was he in the bottom 3? hahaha...I didn't quite understand that when Tommy brought that up! Dilana was the only one not standing when they announced the bottom 3!
    Yeah they didn't say he was bottom 3, just bottom 2 at some point.

However I don't buy any of the voting stuff, Brooke Burke talking about the record breaking vote totals each week and so forth.
  • bluemonkey wrote:
    dude don't be a mark.they are a well trained audience.they are supposed to act like they just saw the beatles take the stage.

Of course they act excited for everybody. But there was a noticeable difference between the enthusiasm for Toby and the reaction to Lukas. If they were only following direction, why would they be instructed to tone it down for the predetermined winner?
  • Poncier wrote:
    However I don't buy any of the voting stuff, Brooke Burke talking about the record breaking vote totals each week and so forth.

you're allowed to vote as often as you like. it wasn't because that many more people were voting, hardcore fans just started voting even more, week after week.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Lizard wrote:
    here's a Dilana video for ya'll to enjoy!! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhF7MWov3zw&NR

Wow! Her 3 pack a day voice magically disappeared, thanks to studio wizardry.
  • My vote is for Not So Supernova.
    moemoe6434 wrote:
    Some name recommendations:

My thought last night after hearing them perform was "Averagenova" or "Just Okay Nova" or "3 Dads and an Emo Kid"
  • CrazyJDCrazyJD Posts: 103
    Final thoughts: Im glad its over because I got hooked in early, but as it went along I didnt really care about the new "band to be" after hearing their tunes... but I watched it this long, so I had to finish it ;)

Lukas was the only choice if they want their music to have a unique, POSSIBLY good sound to it. Dilana would have given them a Melissa Ethridge sound, and Magni/Toby were generic.

Toby would have been OK for their music and would have had the arena's (filled with girls) jumping to every song. But he's not much of an "artist", he doesnt bring much else to the band i.e. songwriting, recognizable sound etc...

Yeah some feeds last night completely didnt show Magni's song and elimination, others did but cut out some segment on how SN came together? I watched a feed that DID show the Magni song.

I dont beleive in any conspiracy crap and record signing stuff, but I do think Lukas had the #1 spot early on and everyone else had to do something to change their mind. Jason was worried about the voice, but Lukas started belting out verses later on and eased his mind. Lukas said in a canadian interview that he was in Montreal when auditions were held, and at that time the rumour was it was VAN HALEN. Someone suggested he go but he said he wasnt interested in that. By the time the auditions got out west in Vancouver, it was known it was TLee+Co and he was interested, and someone essentially lent him the $$$ to get out and tryout. For all you conspiracy freaks, it was probably Tommy Lee ;)

Anyway, it was a disturbingly enjoyable summer entertainment show, with some good performances and performers... Dilana hooked me and other were worth watching. I have no excitement over the band formerly known as Supernova ;) songs from what Ive heard, but who knows what the studio album may sound like. Im sure they will take advice they are hearing from the viewers, which is one advantage to doing the show. I do think Lukas could make some stuff sound pretty cool, but I dont think a 2 hour concert would be particularly enjoyable.
    Halifax, Summer 2008... they return!
  • I'm sad the show is over. I also think they wont sell many tickets with Luckas, but well see!!!
  • Lukas has a unique not so common sounding voice, seems like he had a pretty good range too he could hit the highs and lows pretty good and he has pretty stage presence. Might have gotten some of his singing style from the Canadian band Our Lady Peace. Deff gives them the best shot at making anything that sounds halfway decent..I'm gonna say they do pretty well with the album...I'm gonna gamble and say maybe a number 2 or 3 hit on the rock charts...as for the tour who knows.
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    Lukas has a unique not so common sounding voice, seems like he had a pretty good range too he could hit the highs and lows pretty good and he has pretty stage presence. Might have gotten some of his singing style from the Canadian band Our Lady Peace. Deff gives them the best shot at making anything that sounds halfway decent..I'm gonna say they do pretty well with the album...I'm gonna gamble and say maybe a number 2 or 3 hit on the rock charts...as for the tour who knows.

unique? i believe he could front any one of these countless shitty 'emo-punk-rock' groups out there today that sound the same.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Bummer!

My brother just told me the CUNT won.........................................

Why
    Why
    why
    why
    why
    why??????????

I guess the "worldwide" voters are just a bunch of Fucknars.

Shame On You

Get a new set of Fucking Ears Losers.

Theyll last 6 months if that.
  • 3manstack wrote:

Now that's a good name for the band: The Fucknars.
  • Lukas is gonna be a big star someday...quit hating on him!!
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • Lukas is gonna be a big star someday...quit hating on him!!

I'm not hating him (i've heard worse), but he got by on his image and attitude alone - his voice is nothing special whatsoever. He seems to have a Scott Weiland complex, only he doesn't nearly have the voice.
  • so they officially changed the name to ..... Rockstar Supernova ..... how pathetic.
    I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal. But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existance either.
  • so they officially changed the name to ..... Rockstar Supernova ..... how pathetic.
    VERY PATHETIC INDEED...LMFAO..MUST HAVE SPENT ALL WEEK IN THE THINK TANK ON THAT ONE HUH?
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • 3manstack wrote:
    Bummer!

My brother just told me the CUNT won.........................................

Why
    Why
    why
    why
    why
    why??????????

Shame On You

Get a new set of Fucking Ears Losers.

Theyll last 6 months if that.
    lukas rules....i'm so happy he won over toby the cheese ball and that melissa etheridge sounding dullard.
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    so they officially changed the name to ..... Rockstar Supernova ..... how pathetic.

are you fucking joking?? this cant be serious
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • everyone will just refer to them as supernovaanyways, thats what i plan to

anyways ill be interested in buying the CD or aleast having a listen to it
    Run to the hills
    run for your life
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    whats worse as a band name...

Damnocracy or Rockstar Supernova???