Supernova

Comments

• Wait, I thought Toby did get an encore. Only I can't remember what it was. Was it the Killers song? I thought it was in the early rounds, but I could be wrong.
  • somebody tell lukas that halloween isn't for another 2 1/2 months.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • I did a little research, Toby did have the encore with "Somebody Told Me"
    Wait, I thought Toby did get an encore. Only I can't remember what it was. Was it the Killers song? I thought it was in the early rounds, but I could be wrong.
  • vedderwoodvedderwood Posts: 2,029
    CrazyJD wrote:
    Funny you mention this... true story, I was driving today and had Nirvana playing... "Come as you are" comes on and immediately skip the track... but WHY? Why did I just do that without hesitation? That was/is one of my favorite Nirvana tracks, I love that song!

Oh no.... Josh has RUINED the song for me, at least temporarily until his image erases itself from my brain Thats amazing, I can't get Josh's performance out of my head, the way he sang it!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_NTsTIOCfdQ

THANK GOD he's gone or I would literally not watch his performances of songs I like. The power he had, without me knowing it, is scary.

Hahahaha...I'm glad that you find Josh as painful as I do! It just bugged me so bad that he kept trying to convince Supernova that they should be a "bluesy" band! It was kind of like Josh was trying to get Supernova to try out for him instead of Josh trying out for Supernova! He had an okay voice, but just not right for this band! Thank god he's gone!!!!!

And BrainofJD, thanks for being on the Zayra-wagon! I do think that she can sing really well though! Let's just hope that the Telemundo performance she did last night doesn't eliminate her tonight! I don't mind her being in the bottom three so we can see what she'll sing tonight, but I don't want her to go yet!
    DC 6/14/98
    NJ 8/28 & 8/29/98
    NJ 9/1 & 9/2/00
    PA 4/28/03
    NJ 7/5 & 7/6/03
    NY 7/8/03
    PA 7/12/03
    PA 10/1/04
    DC 10/11/04
    NJ 9/30 & 10/1/05
    PA 10/3/05
    NJ 5/27 & 5/28/06
    DC 5/30/06
    NJ 6/1 & 6/3/06
    WA 7/22 & 7/23/06
    IL 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19 & 6/20/08
    DC 6/22/08
    NY 6/24 & 6/25/08
    NY 7/1/08
    PA 10/27, 10/28, 10/30 & 10/31/09
  • BrainOfJD wrote:
    He's a good singer, he's good a good and stage presence, and best of all he's not an arrogant prick like that needle-toothed, skunk-haired, landing-strip-forehead, winged monkey from Oz Lukas.

When Gilby was sitting on the piano playing guitar, did anybody else think he looked like a muppet?

FYI: Toby is from Aussie not Lukas.

Yeah Gilby is a muppet.
  • tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
    i´ll repeat it again, no woman to finals, lukas,toby and magni will fight each one to win the finals....

i dont want to be mad but toby is still here for the way he looks ,his physical appearance helps him, because he´s not as great on vocals and on stage as magni and lukas...
  • I just think they have to have a woman in the final three, they didn't last year which is why I think this year they will.
  • vedderwoodvedderwood Posts: 2,029
    tonadax wrote:
    i´ll repeat it again, no woman to finals, lukas,toby and magni will fight each one to win the finals....

i dont want to be mad but toby is still here for the way he looks ,his physical appearance helps him, because he´s not as great on vocals and on stage as magni and lukas...

Sorry, but I've gotta give the thumbs down to Lukas :D! I don't dislike him, but I just don't think he's as great as I thought he'd be! He sounds too much like Billy Idol! But hey, you're allowed to like whoever you like, right? :D
    DC 6/14/98
    NJ 8/28 & 8/29/98
    NJ 9/1 & 9/2/00
    PA 4/28/03
    NJ 7/5 & 7/6/03
    NY 7/8/03
    PA 7/12/03
    PA 10/1/04
    DC 10/11/04
    NJ 9/30 & 10/1/05
    PA 10/3/05
    NJ 5/27 & 5/28/06
    DC 5/30/06
    NJ 6/1 & 6/3/06
    WA 7/22 & 7/23/06
    IL 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19 & 6/20/08
    DC 6/22/08
    NY 6/24 & 6/25/08
    NY 7/1/08
    PA 10/27, 10/28, 10/30 & 10/31/09
  • bluemonkeybluemonkey Posts: 198
    So who besides Zayra and Patrice haven't had an encore yet? Has Toby?
    he had one in one of the very first few weeks.
    I just think they have to have a woman in the final three, they didn't last year which is why I think this year they will.
    that's bullshit though.i can't handle that PC way of thinking.i'm sorry but a woman isn't the right thing for this band.to have one in the finals just to be fair is crap.
  • bluemonkey wrote:
    that's bullshit though.i can't handle that PC way of thinking.i'm sorry but a woman isn't the right thing for this band.to have one in the finals just to be fair is crap.
    I totally agree about a woman not being right for that band, but unfortunately I think they might keep one around just "fair" or whatever you want to call it. Lukas, Magni, and Toby are really the only options in my mind.

I really like Ryan's voice, but he's just not right for the band. Ryans former band Stage is pretty good though, I'd suggest anyone looking for more music to check it out. http://www.maverick.com/stage
  • Was that Poison or Supernova who just performed?
    Was that Poison or Supernova who just performed?
    it would have been awesome if lukas was singing.
  • boy that dilana shit sucked the big one ... guaranfuckingtee if she wins, anyone who ones a metallica, crue or GnR will not own a supernova disc.
    I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal. But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existance either.
    boy that dilana shit sucked the big one ... guaranfuckingtee if she wins, anyone who ones a metallica, crue or GnR will not own a supernova disc.
    i will be severely disappointed if she wins.lukas better win,but if he doesn't....magni i guess.
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    boy that dilana shit sucked the big one ... guaranfuckingtee if she wins, anyone who ones a metallica, crue or GnR will not own a supernova disc.

honestly i dont think they will own the Supernova disc anyway no matter who is the lead singer...i havent been fond of what i have heard musically from these guys

as far as a lead singer, Dilana isnt it, Lukas voice is one dimentional but the best fit out of the group, and Magni wouldnt be able to handle the amount of road time the band is going to ask of him
    zayara sounds like the lady i bought tacos from tonight...no joke.now i know what she'd sound like if she were a singer.good to know.
    they have to have mercy on patrice and send her home already...she looks like a beaten dog week after week.it's getting uncomfortable.zayara needs to go home too,but seems to take it better than patrice.
  • Jeezus Effin Christ...

Patrice just gave one of the worst performances on the show all season.

How many lyrics could she butcher to a Hole song ("Celebrity Skin") that is pretty easy to memorize? I don't mind changing up the lyrics every now and again for effect, but she made some changes that just plain sucked.

Pretty easy choice, I think, for Supernova. Patrice is gone. I don't even have to see who gives the third performance.
    "Tried to walk, found a severed ... Matt???"
    bluemonkey wrote:
    they have to have mercy on patrice and send her home already...she looks like a beaten dog week after week.it's getting uncomfortable.zayara needs to go home too,but seems to take it better than patrice.

i totally agree....i was thinking the same thing

the band knows she isnt ever going to be the lead singer and so does she, so they might as well put her out of her misery and show some compasion here and save her the embarassment every week

as far as Zayara i really dont think she cares, she is putting herself out there and selling herself and could care less to front this band
  • Wow!

Zayra, bye-bye! Thank you JESUS!

I think Patrice was really spared, though. She's gone next week, on doubt about it.

Patrice goes next week.
    Then Lukas.
    Then Ryan.
    Then Storm.
    Then Toby.

It'll be down to Dilana and Magni.

Magni wins.

Save this, and note that I won't edit it. I think I've got the order NAILED!
    "Tried to walk, found a severed ... Matt???"
    Patrice goes next week.
    Then Lukas.
    Then Ryan.
    Then Storm.
    Then Toby.

well i would have it as

Patrice
    then Toby
    then Storm
    then Ryan
    then Lukas
    then Dilana

and Magni as your winner

i would have said Lukas a few weeks back but he is real one dimensional with the voice and Magni and improved greatly week to week...i originally ad it Magni vs Lukas but Dilana really hasnt had any set backs since the beginning and im sure they want a girl in the finals
  • it was great that they picked dilana first to perform with them. good for her. :) they looked right together and sounded good, in my opinion. i'm anxious to hear some more tunes, and to see if the others can do as well as dilana did. i've liked dilana from the start and she is the best pick i think. i would say magni is the only other one who could hold his own on stage with them.

i really enjoyed magni's "creep"...so much better than lukas' version. his t-shirt was awesome too...looked like a "wintersleep" cd cover. i was surprised he was in the bottom three, though. don't think he deserved to be there, but it was good to see him do a tune that lukas had done and do it better.
  • i really enjoyed magni's "creep"...so much better than lukas' version. his t-shirt was awesome too...looked like a "wintersleep" cd cover. i was surprised he was in the bottom three, though. don't think he deserved to be there, but it was good to see him do a tune that lukas had done and do it better.

they have audience members selecting songs for next week ... kind of BS since you get to select songs each has performed before, plus one "wild card" which is performing a song someone else did. this is where they messed up ..... fi they were not going to have the house band learn new songs, they should have had the selections include songs others did giving each the chance to upstage the other contestants. next week is the way to get rid of patrice for none of her past performances (if there is one) will keep her in the running. bye bye patty.

as for the others, it will be interesting to see if they change it up at all, or keep the same arrangement we have already heard. they said they like risks, so it would ryan taking LMR and playing guitar instead of piano work...
    I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal. But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existance either.
    they have audience members selecting songs for next week ... kind of BS since you get to select songs each has performed before, plus one "wild card" which is performing a song someone else did. this is where they messed up ..... fi they were not going to have the house band learn new songs, they should have had the selections include songs others did giving each the chance to upstage the other contestants. next week is the way to get rid of patrice for none of her past performances (if there is one) will keep her in the running. bye bye patty.

as for the others, it will be interesting to see if they change it up at all, or keep the same arrangement we have already heard. they said they like risks, so it would ryan taking LMR and playing guitar instead of piano work...
    that's pretty gay...i'd rather them all just pick a song they want to do like the bottom 3 always do.
  • CrazyJDCrazyJD Posts: 103
    Well its about time... Z is outta there. I have to say, as terrible as she is, her tripped out performance made me want her to stay one more, Patrice has to go anyway. As bad as her singing/screaming was, her performance was entertaining and passionate (and of course just plain goofy). But whatever, I can live without another Z ballad in bad english.

Patrice is the exact same delivery on every song. She knows she is done also, if not for the need for TV shows, a double elimination would have happened again.

Magni's arrogant/whiny side was showing through a bit, especially in his glare to the rockers during "I dont belong here" lyrics. I dont mind confidence, but in the past whenever he took some heat he was very defensive about it and even Z said Magni tends to try and bring others down if he is criticized. I thought he was going to kill Lukas's version of Creep given his vocal strength, but I didn't think it was anything special... maybe it was partially because I just found his whole reaction to being bottom 3 (after a bland performance) to be just arrogant. I like Magni but I look forward to seeing how he deals with tough situations.

Finally... playing with the band... So SN are bringing a bluesy, semi-catchy rock style? At first I found it a bit catchy, but after a few minutes it didnt really change at all. It got weak really quick. I hope the rest of the songs are more appealing. As for Dilana.... hmmm..... She sang great, performed well and didnt get "swallowed up" by the SN guys whatsoever. And I do love the husky, smoky voice in female rockers..... BUT..... When SN see the video of that, they will have to decide if they see themselves as a "Melissa Ethridge" style band. I think Dilana's Lithium/Zombie/Ring of Fire moody, creepy performances would suit a hard rock band and I would love to watch her mix it up for a concert. But that song w/Dilana gave SN a sound Im not sure they are after. It will be more obvious in the coming weeks as others will get their shot to make viewers and SN "feel" what the band is about.

I love Dilana, her voice, presence, originality... but suddenly, at least on THAT song, I would be suprised if SN view that later and say "that was EXACTLY what we want to sound like!"
    Halifax, Summer 2008... they return!
  • BrainOfJDBrainOfJD Posts: 242
    I really honestly believe that if they were interested in making it as a band, with a new and original sound and look, the Zayratron 3000 should have won. I mean for crying out loud Newkid played with Voivod, it's not like he's a stranger to experimental music.

Unfortunately after hearing their song tonight they clearly seem determined to party like it's 1986. Maybe they can find Lita Ford and see if she can give Dilana a tip or two about what the kids really want to hear these days.
    10 million dune buggies comin' down the mountain
  • BrainOfJDBrainOfJD Posts: 242
    they have audience members selecting songs for next week ... kind of BS since you get to select songs each has performed before, plus one "wild card" which is performing a song someone else did. this is where they messed up ..... fi they were not going to have the house band learn new songs, they should have had the selections include songs others did giving each the chance to upstage the other contestants.

Notice how tonight, Patrice & Magni both did songs that Lucas already sang? The show has to pay (and as we know they pay a lot of $$$) for the rights to the songs they use. Is it possible that they are scrambling to keep their budget in line or something? They are repeating songs, doing all repeats next week... suddenly doing this Supernova originals thing... and having weird cheeseball 70s and 80s songs last night...?
    10 million dune buggies comin' down the mountain
  • sickwilliesickwillie Posts: 178
    CrazyJD wrote:
    But whatever, I can live without another Z ballad in bad english.

Wheeeen I seeeeeeeeeeeee yoooooooooouuuuuuuuu smiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiile....

Man, Z singing that would've been awesome! I miss her already!
    "We've done really well with teenage death songs." -EV
  • sickwilliesickwillie Posts: 178
    BrainOfJD wrote:
    Notice how tonight, Patrice & Magni both did songs that Lucas already sang?

I noticed that, but rather than thinking about the music rights, I thought it may be a concerted effort on both Patrice's and Magni's part... you know, to take these two songs Lukas sang, and do a much better job on them (IMO, both did). It tells Supernova, even if only on a subconscious level, "Look here, fucks! That Billy Idol impersonating hack has been giving you guys the weak shit, and you're lapping it up like crack rocks! We're better than he is in every conceivable way... well, Magni is, anyway... so why the hell is Lukas never in the bottom three? I know... it's because you've brainwashed the voters just like he's brainwashed you! AAAAAAAAARRRRGGGGgggghhh..." (at which point Patrice & Magni throw selves through window)

Seriously though, it amuses me to think that they both set out to upstage Lukas tonight. And, even though Patrice should be crying into her Mountain Dew and wondering what might have been right now, no one can deny the fact that she killed Lukas on that number (not to mention her number last night, no matter how weak it was... Lukas sounded like a dying frog).
    "We've done really well with teenage death songs." -EV