Supernova

Comments

• Poncier wrote:
    ???

Do you mean Depeche Mode??

oh, maybe. i thought i heard him say pet shop boys. you're prolly right, though. sorry for the confusion. :)
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • BrainOfJDBrainOfJD Posts: 242
    I'm not sure why everyone is dismissing Storm. She's been strong every week and the band seems to like her. I could understand not thinking that she will ultimately win but she is clearly a contender.

Storm can definitely sing but there's something so deeply and thoroughly dislikeable about her that all I can do is root for her to fail.
    10 million dune buggies comin' down the mountain
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    Frankly, I don't get why Supernova likes Storm. Her 'rocker' songs are horrible and forced and her softer songs are well sung but quite poppy sounding to me. She is absolutely gorgeous though.
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,680
    LedZepFan wrote:
    Frankly, I don't get why Supernova likes Storm.

She is absolutely gorgeous though.
    I think you answered your own question. :D
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • So who is going tomorrow? My guess is Patrice.
  • So who is going tomorrow? My guess is Patrice.

not a bad call...i would guess bottom three...patrice, ryan and toby.

my wish...lukas. :)
  • not a bad call...i would guess bottom three...patrice, ryan and toby.

my wish...lukas. :)

same here. i can't stand looking at the guy. i think he'll make it near to the end, though. as long as he doesn't win. :)
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
    So who is going tomorrow? My guess is Patrice.

Yeah, smart money has to be on Patrice.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,680
    Yeah, smart money has to be on Patrice.
    I'm goin' off the board for a bit of an upset and Ryan going cause they'll say he "looks uncomfortable on stage" for the 34th time.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • azwyldcatsazwyldcats Posts: 703
    Bottom line, these guys need a gimmic, otherwise they never would have made this show, so, for obvious reasons, Dilana is the winner.
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I hope lucas or zyra gets the ax...I think Jill got a raw deal..but oh well it's the people at home that really have the power to choose
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
    I'm trying to find the "set list" for tonight's show but I'm not having any luck. I'm sitting here clicking through the Supernova site pretty much hating my life. Dear god, what have I become?

These fools are all terrible. I wish they could all get voted off. I forgot this is Las Vegas week. Apparently Lukas passes out drunk.

OK, I found it. according to the Supernova message board, it's acoustic night:

Dilana – Cat’s in the Cradle (Harry Chapin)
    Lukas – Hero (Chad Kroeger)
    Magni – Starman (David Bowie)
    Patrice – Message in a Bottle (The Police)
    Ryan – In the Air Tonight (Phil Collins)
    Storm – I Will Survive (Gloria Gaynor)
    Toby – Solsbury Hill (Peter Gabriel) with Gilby
    Zayra – Lluvia De Mar (original song)

That's right, Zayra sings an original song. And it's in Spanish.
  • Phil Collins!? How utterly horrible!! Was that the leftover song that noone wanted?
    I'm trying to find the "set list" for tonight's show but I'm not having any luck. I'm sitting here clicking through the Supernova site pretty much hating my life. Dear god, what have I become?

These fools are all terrible. I wish they could all get voted off. I forgot this is Las Vegas week. Apparently Lukas passes out drunk.

OK, I found it. according to the Supernova message board, it's acoustic night:

Dilana – Cat’s in the Cradle (Harry Chapin)
    Lukas – Hero (Chad Kroeger)
    Magni – Starman (David Bowie)
    Patrice – Message in a Bottle (The Police)
    Ryan – In the Air Tonight (Phil Collins)
    Toby – Solsbury Hill (Peter Gabriel) with Gilby
    Zayra – Lluvia De Mar (original song)

That's right, Zayra sings an original song. And it's in Spanish.
    Phil Collins!? How utterly horrible!! Was that the leftover song that noone wanted?

The drum pad intro at the beginning has its charms though...

THOOM, th-thoom, th-thoom thoom, THOOM, th-thoom, th-thoom thoom...
  • CrazyJDCrazyJD Posts: 103

You kill me LOL... Only because I thought the exact same thing when I found myself searching for show info and setlists. Now I find myself debating with SN fans on multiple boards when in actuality I truly don't care about Tommy Lee's band, the whole voting reality shows, or these singers. Ok I lie, Dilana has me hooked... but she's the only one.

supernovafans.com is a much easier forum to read than the "load every mouse click" flash forum they set up at the supernova site.
    Halifax, Summer 2008... they return!
  • upina2001upina2001 Posts: 764
    thanks for the setlist. Now I dont have to watch it. :D

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)

• bluemonkeybluemonkey Posts: 198
    are you kidding me?!? patrice gets to murder the best song in the playlist tonight...message in a bottle.c'mon man.i wish lukas picked that.

what the fuck???why are they picking songs like this for supernova?are you serious?
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    anyone else notice that on Jason Newsteads playlist on the Rockstar website that WorldWide Suicide is one of his fav songs right now? that is pretty awesome
    pjalive21 wrote:
    anyone else notice that on Jason Newsteads playlist on the Rockstar website that WorldWide Suicide is one of his fav songs right now? that is pretty awesome
    SWEET!!
  • Check out Magni's fav music. Not bad.
  • pjalive21 wrote:

i didn't notice that. newkid has good taste. :)
    did i accidentally hit my ESP button on my tv or was i watching Telemundo when Zayra was on????

i thought this was a rock show and not a one person circus act

Magni was solid...Patrice was boring....Lukas was average at best and he has been hanging around Storm too much with those facial expressions...Storm made a song that i didnt think could be worse and made it terrible!!!

Toby's voice is growing on me....is it me or is this show so far rather bland?....Ryan has a chance to do something with this Phil Collins song and he didnt do anything special to change it up (i agree the best so far and thats not saying much).....i have a feeling Dilana is going to steal the show, one of my fav songs coming up so lets see what she does..........she did a good job....best by far

by the way i think we are going to hear some PJ in the upcoming weeks, just a gut instinct........
    i'm really baffled by all this love for toby by the guys...i just don't get it.
    wow,dilana's fucking annoying...dave is out of his mind tonight.he's really annoying me.i'm so tired of that lame smokey janis joplin voice...uuggghhhh!!
    bluemonkey wrote:
    wow,dilana's fucking annoying...dave is out of his mind tonight.he's really annoying me.i'm so tired of that lame smokey janis joplin voice...uuggghhhh!!

she has what i like to call the Marlboro Red's woman voice....

she was the best tonight by a long shot IMO and that isnt saying much because it was a pretty dull night
  • pjalive21 wrote:
    did i accidentally hit my ESP button on my tv or was i watching Telemundo when Zayra was on????

i thought this was a rock show and not a one person circus act

Magni was solid...Patrice was boring....Lukas was average at best and he has been hanging around Storm too much with those facial expressions...Storm made a song that i didnt think could be worse and made it terrible!!!

Toby's voice is growing on me....is it me or is this show so far rather bland?....Ryan has a chance to do something with this Phil Collins song and he didnt do anything special to change it up (i agree the best so far and thats not saying much).....i have a feeling Dilana is going to steal the show, one of my fav songs coming up so lets see what she does..........she did a good job....best by far

by the way i think we are going to hear some PJ in the upcoming weeks, just a gut instinct........

i'm with you on this summation. toby's not growing on me as much though. i would say magni has grown on me the most since the show started. not my favourite dilana performance tonight, but i still really liked it. best by far, i agree. i love to hear her sing softer songs like time after time, and the softer parts of tonight's performance, then she can just belt it out from out of nowhere. zombie and ring of fire are my two faves from her so far i think, but she is the only one i can say that i have really enjoyed watching the whole way through...blowing everyone away with lithium and up until now.
  • funkymonkfunkymonk Posts: 279
    Hearing Dave N lecture the "rockers" at the start of the past few performance shows is starting to feel like an annoying rash that won't go away. I wouldn't exactly be shooting a load just to go an play with Gilby (big deal, he was the replacement guitarist for GNR). What exactly has he done of any significance since leaving GNR. Tommy or Jason on the other hand would be a different story. I'm surprised that Jason hasn't been playing more during the show.
  • CrazyJDCrazyJD Posts: 103
    Check out Magni's fav music. Not bad.

Yeah and Ryans his comment about Rearview mirror...also Josh lists Eddie Vedder, Chris Cornell, and Layne Staley... yet he sings reggae in a kermit voice and they practically had to beg him to sing rock... lol.

Magni is a bit boring but I have feeling his music tastes fit most on this board. I read that he KILLS on PJ tunes... hopefully one is his bottom 3 songs.

As for tonight, as expected, pretty boring but I guess they needed it to get some of the rockers to tone it down a bit. Ryan is way to angry for me, I feel like I need to go out and push trash cans over and scowl after his songs. Dilana didnt do anything amazing but was still the best of the night, got back to bringing the crowd in, used the whole stage and was just interesting to watch. Patrice-boring, Zayra-its funny she is still in this, it really is. Toby started badly, but finished strong on a tough song to sing but he's too generic for me, Lukas showed a side they were dying to see, but unless he starts belting out some verses on a regular basis Im guessing his growl/short sentence style of singing is going to be "take it or leave it". Storm died a horrible death, but bad song...should have followed the "Cake" re-make lead to make it work. Magni can sing, but his performance was on par with Patrice's.
    Halifax, Summer 2008... they return!
    funkymonk wrote:
    Hearing Dave N lecture the "rockers" at the start of the past few performance shows is starting to feel like an annoying rash that won't go away. I wouldn't exactly be shooting a load just to go an play with Gilby (big deal, he was the replacement guitarist for GNR). What exactly has he done of any significance since leaving GNR. Tommy or Jason on the other hand would be a different story. I'm surprised that Jason hasn't been playing more during the show.
    it doesn't matter what he's done.like it or not he's the guitarist of supernova,and i think he rocks...however i am starting to get annoyed at how dave won't let up with it every week.dilana is also getting old by trying to get the song with the supernova member in it every week.her attempt to suck up this week was so obvious.