European Tour Sales = Desaster

1474849505153»

Comments

• Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,530
    edited July 15
    I said they won't be back... to London and Berlin. I didn't say anything about a tour read back . But that's just an opinion relax mate

I'm surprised Claxton hasn't called you a prick yet.
    Post edited by Brisk. on
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,530
    edited July 15
    I'd highly doubt they come back, just trying to appease fans. Maybe they chuck in Italy and Netherlands or try to milk some festivals but would be odd to do a 2nd euro leg as they have stated they are old now.
    Post edited by Brisk. on
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,690
    Brisk. said:
    I'd highly doubt they come back, just trying to appease fans. Maybe they chuck in Italy and Netherlands or try to milk some festivals but would be odd to do a 2nd euro leg as they have stated they are old now.

When there is no new record I do think the tour schedule is driven by the festivals. Those are big paydays. 
  • seanclaxseanclax Posts: 532
    Brisk. said:
    I said they won't be back... to London and Berlin. I didn't say anything about a tour read back . But that's just an opinion relax mate

I'm surprised Claxton hasn't called you a prick yet.
    Couldn't get it right the first time eh?
    Had to edit it 🙄
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,460
    JPPJ84 said:
    seanclax said:
    @seanclax has blurted it out on several instances like stone-cold known facts, so he should know the specifics I guess. 
    Dunno why you would name me. But I guess your a childish prick.
    I think I mentioned it once and it was a consensus of a group discussion that you clearly wernt part of.
    Wind your neck in

Hey man, just ignore that Spiritual Chaos person. He just lives on here to argue with people and  complain. Don’t let him get to you. Just mute him.  The board would be better if we just ignored his posts. 
    You are way too obsessed. Creepy stuff.
    You keep proving our point. Time to log off for a bit and go outside .
    I thought you muted him 😉
     I may be the minority but I find SC highly entertaining! Then again I‘ve met him in person and he’s good company (hope I‘m not ruining your reputation E 😉)
    I think he lives on here 24/7 and just complains and argues with people. Multiple people have posted complaining about this guy. I find him the opposite of what you said. I would say more but I’ll get my post erased. A few people on here dominate this forum and just complain and have ruined this place with their entitled comments. I mute him so I don’t say something true plus I’m not a keyboard warrior that picks fights with people on the internet. So I choose to ignore him. You asked so I told. Let the complaining continue. 
    I didn’t ask anything 😉😉
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 15,037
    Zen23 said:
    So if they didn't realize it when they looked at this gigantic black curtain that covered the entire unsold rear third of the venue in Barcelona on the second evening, then the guys are beyond help.
    This horse must be flogged to death sufficiently by now
    Only just saw it and posted in another thread.
    my view is if it was definitely off the cards Jeff wouldn’t have said it. So to me that means there’s a chance and I’ll cling to it.
    to me there’s a difference between Ed saying it in the heat of the moment to a crowd he’s trying to win over, vs a post you have thought out
    Absolutely no harm in hoping at all. 

Theres definitely a reason to be positive given Jeff's post, if might be nothing, but at least its there to be interpreted however we will

Ive always been a glass half full kind of guy....so I'll be clinging to it too. 
    pdalowsky said:
    my view is if it was definitely off the cards Jeff wouldn’t have said it. So to me that means there’s a chance and I’ll cling to it.
    to me there’s a difference between Ed saying it in the heat of the moment to a crowd he’s trying to win over, vs a post you have thought out

Theres definitely a reason to be positive given Jeff's post, if might be nothing, but at least its there to be interpreted however we will

I want to hope but I’m not putting too much faith into his Instagram statement. I‘d love to be wrong though :) Maybe doing smaller tours on each continent so they could spread it out over two years was always the plan this time?! 🤞🏻
    JPPJ84 said:
    pdalowsky said:

I want to hope but I’m not putting too much faith into his Instagram statement. I‘d love to be wrong though :) Maybe doing smaller tours on each continent so they could spread it out over two years was always the plan this time?! 🤞🏻
    I just saw that extra bit of sparkle and buzz when they played the new music this tour........they seemed really into it. 

In my mind a record as good as DM has to get toured plenty......Its such a phenomenal record
  • drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,269
    I’m hopeful. In reality this ended up being just an Iberian tour and it missed core markets of London and Germany. Ignoring all the issues with a Spurs show, late announcement and the nose bleeds being priced the same as GA (all of which they will have learnt from), shows in London and Berlin (and Amsterdam etc) will be a sell out. We need to remember that most fans do not travel and they have a high number of fans who will have not seen them this year due to the cancellations. I’m sure they are looking at it, whether it happens though is  another question 
  • Zen23Zen23 Posts: 448
    edited July 15
    pdalowsky said:
    Zen23 said:
    So if they didn't realize it when they looked at this gigantic black curtain that covered the entire unsold rear third of the venue in Barcelona on the second evening, then the guys are beyond help.
    So far, I haven't heard much discussion about the downsized venue in Barcelona. Nor have I taken part in any discussion about it. So this is my first and only ride on this horse and also my last.
    Zen23 said:
    pdalowsky said:
    Zen23 said:
    So far, I haven't heard much discussion about the downsized venue in Barcelona. Nor have I taken part in any discussion about it. So this is my first and only ride on this horse and also my last.
    LOL, i meant generally in these parts. 
    pdalowsky said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    pdalowsky said:

I just saw that extra bit of sparkle and buzz when they played the new music this tour........they seemed really into it. 

In my mind a record as good as DM has to get toured plenty......Its such a phenomenal record
    I agree!!! Plus I missed this tour entirely so it would be amazing to get another shot 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,035
    edited July 15
    Might be less and less played for every tour, but DM will stick around on the setlist untill the next studio album. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,268
    edited July 15
    I hope they can make it back to London, Berlin, and anywhere else they want to play. 
    The prices won't be a shock (hopefully) next time and we've time to try and put money aside in readiness, should we choose to do so. 

Also, on the amount of times they've been to Europe, lets not forget they seemingly had a tour ready to sell in December 2015 before it was pulled at the very last minute.
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
    ilockyer said:
    I hope they can make it back to London, Berlin, and anywhere else they want to play. 
    The prices won't be a shock (hopefully) next time and we've time to try and put money aside in readiness, should we choose to do so. 

Also, on the amount of times they've been to Europe, lets not forget they seemingly had a tour ready to sell in December 2015 before it was pulled at the very last minute.
    Yep. They’ve basically been over here at least every two years apart from the anomalies - 2016 (which I seem to remember someone saying was due to the Bataclan incident) and 2020 due to Covid. Understand the long gap from 2000 to 2006 was due to the after effects of Roskilde. 
  • seanclaxseanclax Posts: 532
    Zen23 said:
    Night 2 was killer though.
    The empty seats didn't affect the show.
    Was funny to see though 
  • mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,065
    drfox said:
    ilockyer said:

Yep. They’ve basically been over here at least every two years apart from the anomalies - 2016 (which I seem to remember someone saying was due to the Bataclan incident) and 2020 due to Covid. Understand the long gap from 2000 to 2006 was due to the after effects of Roskilde. 
    They also had plans in 2004/5 for Europe. They had a section called rumor pit on the site and they promised that euro fans can so some ”early rejoicing” when it comes to their tour plans
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
    mrk2 said:
    drfox said:
    ilockyer said:

They also had plans in 2004/5 for Europe. They had a section called rumor pit on the site and they promised that euro fans can so some ”early rejoicing” when it comes to their tour plans
    Would have had been ace to get a riot act-tour pre-avocado
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,065
    Found the actual quote, it was from the Rumor Pit issue #59 dated December 4, 2004. So they had plans for 2005 originally:

"Next year is going to be a wonderful year jam packed with Pearl Jam goodies to fill everyone's wishlist. Pearl Jam have been busy working on their next studio album to be released on the BMG label, and tour plans are in the works. Although it's still too early to give specifics, European fans can do some early rejoicing. :)"

225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,154
    In September and October 2003, the Riot Act Tour was due to arrive in Europe. Then the plans were changed.
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,106
    man i would love an european tour NOT in the summer
    just_one said:
    Yeah that would be amazing - indoor venues - great arenas, and no huge outdoor shows..

I dont seeing it happening as it seems those huge festivals make the tours feasible these days when playing a handful of shows
    Are we sure that it is the festivals they make the tours feesable
  • eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 997
    Absolutely blessed to see 2 shows recently.  So delighted.  If we get a 2025 tour. Italy or Scandinavian shows would be deadly. I'd take o2 london. Austria Switzerland too. I'd travel 

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
    Are we sure that it is the festivals they make the tours feesable
    I dont think we are sure of anything tbh, but it seems likely that festivals give a healthy chunk of cash and its very attractive to bands. I read a piece about Emily Eavis which generally had a theme that Glastonbury are the only festival that bands can actually lose by playing as most other festivals will pay a huge amount more than them. 

Some smaller artists actually cannot make it work to play Glastonbury unless they are sure they will feature on the BBC coverage and get some exposure which hopefully translates into increased revenue. 

pdalowsky said:
    just_one said:
    Yeah that would be amazing - indoor venues - great arenas, and no huge outdoor shows..

I dont seeing it happening as it seems those huge festivals make the tours feasible these days when playing a handful of shows
    US bands also tour Europe in June/July as it is the US school holidays. They often bring family members along (Vedder, Grohl, Homme etc have all done this) and like to be back in the US for term time. 
    drfox said:
    pdalowsky said:
    just_one said:

US bands also tour Europe in June/July as it is the US school holidays. They often bring family members along (Vedder, Grohl, Homme etc have all done this) and like to be back in the US for term time. 
    Do they tour then because it is a school holiday. Or is it a bonus thatcthey can bring their kids?

PJ, QOTSA and FF are all ”summer festival bands” that has had that MO before kids even was a factor(?), so wouldnt they tour that period anyways