European Tour Sales = Desaster

Comments

• mazminxmazminx Posts: 14
    Think we're all scratching our heads mate.
    "Saw a trapdoor in the sun..."
    Cardiff, Wales '00 -  EV - "Must have been one of those fuckin nice people" (Someone stole a PJ crew wallet on the sight seeing bus and PJ ain't been back to Wales since)
    Reading '06 
    London '07
    MKB  '14
    Rome '18
    Hyde Park '22

• RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,879
    Waiting to see if there’s a Berlin 1 standard price release of good tickets.  Any bets? 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    edited June 13
    Ticket prices aren't the only issue.

I work at a golf course that is part of a large hotel in Ireland. The hotel projections for 2024 are way down from last year.  We're getting a lot less Americans flying over this summer- they usually account for 90% of summer business. This is a trend that is happening throughout Europe. People are just much tighter with their money at the moment.

As an example- I'm flying into northern Spain for a week before I hit the Berlin shows. I booked my flight ages ago as summer flights around Europe can be expensive. My wife wasn't sure if she'd be able to accompany me to Spain bc of work commitments. She only found out last week she could go. She wound up paying less for her flight than mine. A flight to Barcelona dropping in price mid-summer? It's a pretty crazy market right now.

• Zen23Zen23 Posts: 453
    mikesbri said:
    I wonder how many 10C Europeans are debating to cancel their memberships and just buy tickets on regular sales.
    There's not much to debate (for me). Looking back, the Ten Club Presale made no sense at all for Europe. Neither in terms of the price advantage nor in terms of the best seats in the house. What Ticketmaster has put on sale in recent weeks, in terms of price and placement, is a slap in the face for every Ten Club member.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,076
    Let’s hope it teaches Pearl Jam something about who their audience is, and if expensive famous baseball-players bats really is what is important in life. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,484
    eddiec said:
    Ticket prices aren't the only issue.

I work at a golf course that is part of a large hotel in Ireland. The hotel projections for 2024 are way down from last year.  We're getting a lot less Americans flying over this summer- they usually account for 90% of summer business. This is a trend that is happening throughout Europe. People are just much tighter with their money at the moment.

As an example- I'm flying into northern Spain for a week before I hit the Berlin shows. I booked my flight ages ago as summer flights around Europe can be expensive. My wife wasn't sure if she'd be able to accompany me to Spain bc of work commitments. She only found out last week she could go. She wound up paying less for her flight than mine. A flight to Barcelona dropping in price mid-summer? It's a pretty crazy market right now.

Money is the issue. So with an audience that in the main area not extra wealthy it's all the same
     It's too expensive 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Zen23Zen23 Posts: 453
    Hocus pocus. Well look what has just appeared for Manchester. Completely new areas. Which have never been on sale before.

edited June 13
    It's not reading the room
    .I remember saying this in the very beginning. 
    I can't speak for USA but Europe is skint. It's not comparable to what the USA deem as normal prices. It's simply not normal here. Do your homework. It's just stupid to book Tottenham.  And Ridiculous to change 170 a ticket.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Zen23 said:
    Hocus pocus. Well look what has just appeared for Manchester. Completely new areas. Which have never been on sale before.

What a complete shit show. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,278
    It's not reading the room
    .I remember saying this in the very beginning. 
    I can't speak for USA but Europe is skint. It's not comparable to what the USA deem as normal prices. It's simply not normal here. Do your homework. It's just stupid to book Tottenham.  And Ridiculous to change 170 a ticket.
    I agree Rob. The price point for U.K./Europe is £80-£100 a ticket (as charged this Summer by massive acts like Foo Fighters and Taylor Swift). I will generally pay whatever to see Pearl Jam and am not fussed whether it’s £80 or £160 a ticket. But what I do know is that there are a bunch of people  at my work who aren’t as fanatical as me about the band (but still strong fans). Two of them are going to Manchester, two of them are skipping the tour due to the cost,  and the other three are missing it due to a combination of Green Day and Foo Fighters. I imagine this is reflective of most people in U.K./Europe. If we had had 2 Manchester shows and 2 O2 London shows at £110 a ticket, all four would be fully sold 
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,879
    Anyone who has followed the tours since 2022 would know the new trend is for TM to release the best tickets at the end.  It doesn’t justify it but it’s not that shocking to see the trend continue.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,278
    Anyone who has followed the tours since 2022 would know the new trend is for TM to release the best tickets at the end.  It doesn’t justify it but it’s not that shocking to see the trend continue.  
    Agree but this isn’t normal for England. We are not used to US ticketing strategies 
    edited June 13
    Never heard of this in Sweden (yet)
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    Not here mate
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

edited June 13
    The missus says stone posted on Instagram he has covid. Glad it's now not in 2 weeks time 
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Kearn5yKearn5y Posts: 2,804
    Never heard of this in Sweden (yet)
    Happens in Ireland all the time. I got great seats for Olivia Rodrigo in Dublin the day of the show, even though it supposedly sold out straight away + they had the registration crap that I missed out on.
    Kearnsy
  • JABKJABK Posts: 347
    Zen23 said:
    mikesbri said:
    I wonder how many 10C Europeans are debating to cancel their memberships and just buy tickets on regular sales.
    There's not much to debate (for me). Looking back, the Ten Club Presale made no sense at all for Europe. Neither in terms of the price advantage nor in terms of the best seats in the house. What Ticketmaster has put on sale in recent weeks, in terms of price and placement, is a slap in the face for every Ten Club member.
    I'm not yet ready to give up my membership...but they need to go back to announcing Europe summer tours in early december, really give 10C the best seats in the house (Berlin allocation) and keep it to arenas and festivals. And try to keep the pricing down.
    What gives me a little hope is that I've watched some acts from Waldbühne this summer on YouTube and they've brought the stage 2-4 meters forward. That would make a huge difference for us in E2 or A1...and that could be what Ten Club promised to me that they're going to do everything possible to reduce the obstructed view...bringing the stage forward could save this from looking at Green Day's setup from Waldbühne.
  • The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,437
    Literally zero reason to be in the 10c with this type of nonsense going on. 

I've been in 10c for years and I'm also generally not fussed what I pay because I'm obsessed, but I'm starting to question myself now. 

Seemingly no early entry for Manchester, loads of tickets suddenly made available, prices plummeting. What a mess. 
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,520
    drfox said:
    Agree but this isn’t normal for England. We are not used to US ticketing strategies 

What strategies? Nothin in NY under $600 on the broker sites. They are leaving millions of dollars unearned by never playing enough shows in the eastern US.

I get it that $200 is a ton of cash for a concert. I have never ever been able to buy a PJ ticket for $200 or less in my home region and never will. 

Many on this forum will spend months on f2f and maybe score tickets for $185 face and pretend they are getting a great deal. If their time is worth $15 an hour to them, it’s actually a horrible deal.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,759
    drfox said:
    It wasn't normal in the USA/Canada either(as Rather Starved pointed out that it started in 2022).

You could find a ticket here and there but nowhere near the amount of seats(Sections?) that all of sudden pop-up day or a few days ahead of an announced show now. 
  • Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Posts: 1,061
    I’m surprised at people saying it’s not worth staying in the 10C. Surely you’d wait and see how the next tour goes. This may not be the norm next time but some bad decisions putting their faith in management, promotes, partners etc. 
  • BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 646
    edited June 13
    I’m surprised at people saying it’s not worth staying in the 10C. Surely you’d wait and see how the next tour goes. This may not be the norm next time but some bad decisions putting their faith in management, promotes, partners etc. 
    We’ll see, but this is all about what TM knows will bring in the most money. If the ticket’s priced appropriately, and it sells out in a day, they’ve lost potential profits. They may start at a slightly lower price next time if they do indeed take a loss giving away tickets, but I would fully expect a similar system going forward. Bands/acts have little to no ability to push back if this is what TM wants. If my TC number was above 3 or 4 hundred thousand, I’d question the value of it if I was only interested in ticket perks and didn’t care about GA.
    Post edited by BloodMeridian80 on
  • Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Posts: 1,061
    We’ll see, 
    I think that’s my exact point, “We’ll see”. Don’t write it all off just yet in what may be an anomaly of a tour. 
  • vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 888
    Ten Club membership is only $35 who cares.  People need to reset their expectations.  
  • matt84matt84 Posts: 707
    rw160510 said:
    I can’t believe how many tickets have just been made available for Manchester. The whole way the sale has been handled for this tour is baffling. If they had just had reasonable prices at the offset I would have gone to Manchester and London. I can’t get the time off work to do Manchester now even if the price drops and I have plans on the same day as London. I’m genuinely confused by the whole situation.
    Got a few friends who were originally joining me for the Manchester show. As soon as they saw the prices they very quickly changed their minds.
  • KidAOKKidAOK Posts: 101
    edited June 14
    I'm beginning to worry about this tour, somebody talk me off the ledge.
  • just_onejust_one Posts: 2,114
    KidAOK said:
    I'm beginning to worry about this tour, somebody talk me off the ledge.
    why?
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,165
    10C has certainly lost its grip on getting us the best tickets now they’ve bowed down to TM and have essentially washed its hands off the process of securing the best seats at reasonable prices! It’s a damn shame 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Personally, I’m slightly pissed off I had to pay 160 in the first place for Manchester, but pj one of less than five bands I would pay this for. It is ludicrous that I saw foo fighters last night and will see green day next week for less than 160 altogether. However what I find more annoying is could have had a great seat for 160 if I’d booked today. Final point, if these would have been reasonably priced from the off would also have gone to London and perhaps Berlin. I know you can buy London for a reasonable price now but plans change and can’t make it anymore. Summary = shambles