Options

Ticket prices. This is not for you (the fans).

Comments

• Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,218
    MD190661 said:
    The ticket access delay is lame. I have 4 sets of tickets to different concerts coming up and don't have access to any of them. One set I need to sell and now have to wait to do so until I have access to them. I bought them. They are mine. I should be able to do what I please with them, unless specifically stated they can't be transferred, like PJ tickets.  
    I second this.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,303
    Maybe I'm missing something but what's the fuss about not being able to access tickets until the week of the show? Why is this a big deal unless you're planning to sell the tickets on the secondary market, which 10c has always been very clear is strictly prohibited as tickets are meant to be non-transferrable (outside of places where that option is required by law). You'll still be able to sell tickets on fan 2 fan when it opens.
    Well, let’s say you paid PJ Premium for $800 a ticket.  If other PJ Premium are available for similar amount, people may buy your ticket.  But if there are a lot of tickets left 2 days out that are PJ Premium, TM may reduce the price to $400 and now nobody wants to buy your $800 ticket that you can only sell for cost.  
    Yeah screw Platinum me personally don’t think this band is worth more than what I’m paying for the two tickets for MSG through 10C! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,120
    pjl44 said:
    Get_Right said:
    pdalowsky said:
    pjl44 said:
    There are few bands who have done as much as Pearl Jam to get incredible seats into the hands of their fans at a reasonable price. I'd be hard pressed to put anyone above them when you factor in how long it's been a priority for them. And you can see how it gets harder and harder as the years go by.
    100%

People do not get it

The reasonable prices are only for a subset of fans that win the lottery and also have seniority. Every one else is staring at the cheapest NY tickets at $1750 today or other lottery winners subsidizing the senior prices. These policies drive fans to try to win multiple shows which blocks out even more fans. The senior fans get it?
    They could eliminate seniority tomorrow and your chances of getting a great seat go up a fraction of a percent. Hell, the influx of ticket requests might even make it go down.

I know some people only daydream about the scenarios where the great tickets are handed to them specifically but the reality is your odds would most likely get way worse if they blow up this system.
    Hey don't trust me, just go talk to somebody who's into music maybe pop music, maybe a little bit of rock and roll but someone who doesn't know you at all, and knows  Pearl Jam a little but not outside the two or three songs they may have heard on the radio.

Tell them about the cheapest New York ticket right now unobstructed view is a thousand bucks.

Tell them now the cheapest Philadelphia tickets over 500 bucks. Tell them the cheapest Baltimore ticket is $700 now. They'll look at you like you're crazy. I know because I've gotten those looks. Trust me I've had these conversations with people, no one outside the community understands this unique ticketing problem that is unique to Pearl jam.

Secondly, on the advice of not trusting me, go over to the Europe thread and look at how they are screaming about thousands of unsold tickets to many venues because prices are too high but 85% lower than the east coast 

There's a reason why they're having trouble selling tickets in europe compared to the East USA.

Because historically, at least for the last 10 years there has been minimal seniority reward because Pearl Jam pretty much plays festivals out there. There is none of this manufactured Demand by seniors buying 5 or 10 tickets with a guaranteed $800 discount off market value per ticket, saving multiple thousands of dollars per tour off of Market rates ,per tour happening in Europe like it does on the east coast of the United States. We have a real world test of my theory right here on page one of the porch

So there's two factors above independent from what I'm saying this is a very unique problem to Pearl Jam and a very unique problem to the East Coast of United States.

And it's very different for Pearl Jam concerts than every other band out there and even different from Pearl Jam concerts overseas. The Stones have better broker and platinum prices. Let that sink in.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    pjl44 said:
    Get_Right said:
    pdalowsky said:
    pjl44 said:
    There are few bands who have done as much as Pearl Jam to get incredible seats into the hands of their fans at a reasonable price. I'd be hard pressed to put anyone above them when you factor in how long it's been a priority for them. And you can see how it gets harder and harder as the years go by.
    100%

People do not get it

The reasonable prices are only for a subset of fans that win the lottery and also have seniority. Every one else is staring at the cheapest NY tickets at $1750 today or other lottery winners subsidizing the senior prices. These policies drive fans to try to win multiple shows which blocks out even more fans. The senior fans get it?
    They could eliminate seniority tomorrow and your chances of getting a great seat go up a fraction of a percent. Hell, the influx of ticket requests might even make it go down.

I know some people only daydream about the scenarios where the great tickets are handed to them specifically but the reality is your odds would most likely get way worse if they blow up this system.
    Hey don't trust me, just go talk to somebody who's into music maybe pop music, maybe a little bit of rock and roll but someone who doesn't know you at all, and knows  Pearl Jam a little but not outside the two or three songs they may have heard on the radio.

Tell them about the cheapest New York ticket right now unobstructed view is a thousand bucks.

Tell them now the cheapest Philadelphia tickets over 500 bucks. Tell them the cheapest Baltimore ticket is $700 now. They'll look at you like you're crazy. I know because I've gotten those looks. Trust me I've had these conversations with people, no one outside the community understands this unique ticketing problem that is unique to Pearl jam.

Secondly, on the advice of not trusting me, go over to the Europe thread and look at how they are screaming about thousands of unsold tickets to many venues because prices are too high but 85% lower than the east coast 

There's a reason why they're having trouble selling tickets in europe compared to the East USA.

Because historically, at least for the last 10 years there has been minimal seniority reward because Pearl Jam pretty much plays festivals out there. There is none of this manufactured Demand by seniors buying 5 or 10 tickets with a guaranteed $800 discount off market value per ticket, saving multiple thousands of dollars per tour off of Market rates ,per tour happening in Europe like it does on the east coast of the United States. We have a real world test of my theory right here on page one of the porch

So there's two factors above independent from what I'm saying this is a very unique problem to Pearl Jam and a very unique problem to the East Coast of United States.

And it's very different for Pearl Jam concerts than every other band out there and even different from Pearl Jam concerts overseas. The Stones have better broker and platinum prices. Let that sink in.
    I'm not even really sure what point you're trying to make aside from collecting grievances
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Get_Right said:
    pdalowsky said:
    pjl44 said:
    100%

People do not get it

I'm not even really sure what point you're trying to make aside from collecting grievances

Our heroes have a series of policies that drive up demand and drive down supply. In Europe it’s permissible to grieve about a much smaller issue. Here, the prices are five times the price, but since the important peeps are taken care of, it’s easier to simply dismiss the messenger. The band tries to blame scalpers, yet their policies cause the highest  prices in rock. Some may say the point of a forum is to let your voice be heard, others may just want to hear only what makes them feel good inside.

plus, we never got answers as to why so many pulled off three and four wins on the east coast dates. Looking at those “market rates” on TM, that is seemingly 5000 or 10000 to one odds. Oh well. Paying customers don’t deserve answers as to how the lack of priority impacted a supposed random draw that they pay money for.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    So here is a funny thing. Tickets do not entitle you to anything. I learned this a long time ago. They are actually a temporary license. I know, shoot the lawyers. And if you have any expectations about this band being communicative or transparent, well I guess you are new to this place.
  • Options
    ChrrieChrrie Posts: 96
    There’s like 5 different grievances and each one would have its own resolution. As far as international pricing goes I just can’t see a logical reason they should be using the US pricing structure, it just doesn’t make sense for those audiences. I haven’t heard an adequate justification for this other than “it’s expensive to tour overseas and they’re playing less shows to spread the cost around” but this isn’t good enough. 

But I don’t understand writing off a US f2f show because the cheapest tickets are $700. They’re $700 right now because the other ones are sold out at the moment. The cheapest tickets are still $175 or whatever and they’ll be back in a few days/weeks/months. Am I missing something here? 

As far as MSG goes it’s not just PJ’s fault for not playing a stadium in NY or touring less etc. They would have done f2f if they could have. And it’s not just these faceless scalpers driving up the price, just look on Reddit for the fans who are trying to cash in too with their extras. There are still going to be people who have tickets to sell for that show but watch how many of those people actually sell them on this forum or elsewhere for what they won them for. Tell me Philly wouldn’t look like this too if PA had the same law. What should they be doing to make MSG more accessible that doesn’t involve them playing a mini residency? 
  • Options
    MSG is the toughest PJ ticket in the country. It is not complicated. 20,000 tickets for a million fans. And with premium ticketing, boxes, suites, friends and family comps etc. now there are probably even fewer tickets for real fans. And as far as reselling goes, I cannot blame a person for trying to make a buck these days. I have never resold PJ tix, because my seats are almost always 10C. But if I paid $75 in TM fees for 2 tix to the show with the highest demand in the US, I might have a different approach. 
  • Options
    schaefferlaxschaefferlax Posts: 160
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Get_Right said:
    pdalowsky said:
    pjl44 said:
    100%

People do not get it

Our heroes have a series of policies that drive up demand and drive down supply. In Europe it’s permissible to grieve about a much smaller issue. Here, the prices are five times the price, but since the important peeps are taken care of, it’s easier to simply dismiss the messenger. The band tries to blame scalpers, yet their policies cause the highest  prices in rock. Some may say the point of a forum is to let your voice be heard, others may just want to hear only what makes them feel good inside.

plus, we never got answers as to why so many pulled off three and four wins on the east coast dates. Looking at those “market rates” on TM, that is seemingly 5000 or 10000 to one odds. Oh well. Paying customers don’t deserve answers as to how the lack of priority impacted a supposed random draw that they pay money for.
    Simply stop paying for 10C then. Random means some will win 4 while some win 0, most probably win 1 or 2. Literally a bell curve. Nobody is making you pay for a service you obviously hate. 
    Wrigley 7/19/2013
    Philadelphia 10/22/2013
    Baltimore 10/27/2013
    Hampton 4/18/2016
    Ft. Worth 9/13/2023
    Ft. Worth 9/15/2023
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,868
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Get_Right said:
    pdalowsky said:
    pjl44 said:
    100%

People do not get it

We have an answer, you just don't like it. Random numbers were drawn and sold the ticket package they'd selected. Some people got all the East Coast shows because their numbers were picked earlier.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    edited March 13
    mpedone said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Get_Right said:
    pdalowsky said:
    pjl44 said:
    100%

People do not get it

We have an answer, you just don't like it. Random numbers were drawn and sold the ticket package they'd selected. Some people got all the East Coast shows because their numbers were picked earlier.
    I generally don’t agree with Lerxst on much, but he has a valid point on priority.  If someone has NYC as their number one priority they definitely had worse odds in this draw (# avail tix/everyone who wanted MSG at all) than they would have had with the ability to rank (# avail tix/everyone who ranked MSG top priority).  And it was not disclosed at the last renewal date for most 10c members that priority would be going away.  Most people wouldn’t make that a deal breaker for rejoining year to year, but if some people would, they have a point.  
    Post edited by RatherStarved on
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• Options
    HaijayHaijay Posts: 327
    Chrrie said:
    There’s like 5 different grievances and each one would have its own resolution. As far as international pricing goes I just can’t see a logical reason they should be using the US pricing structure, it just doesn’t make sense for those audiences. I haven’t heard an adequate justification for this other than “it’s expensive to tour overseas and they’re playing less shows to spread the cost around” but this isn’t good enough. 

But I don’t understand writing off a US f2f show because the cheapest tickets are $700. They’re $700 right now because the other ones are sold out at the moment. The cheapest tickets are still $175 or whatever and they’ll be back in a few days/weeks/months. Am I missing something here? 

As far as MSG goes it’s not just PJ’s fault for not playing a stadium in NY or touring less etc. They would have done f2f if they could have. And it’s not just these faceless scalpers driving up the price, just look on Reddit for the fans who are trying to cash in too with their extras. There are still going to be people who have tickets to sell for that show but watch how many of those people actually sell them on this forum or elsewhere for what they won them for. Tell me Philly wouldn’t look like this too if PA had the same law. What should they be doing to make MSG more accessible that doesn’t involve them playing a mini residency? 
    HEY!!! Wait one second, it is NOT allowed to be sensible on this forum!!! NO NO NO, bad post, BAD!!!! 
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    mpedone said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Get_Right said:
    pdalowsky said:
    pjl44 said:
    100%

People do not get it

I generally don’t agree with Lerxst on much, but he has a valid point on priority.  If someone has NYC as their number one priority they definitely had worse odds in this draw (# avail tix/everyone who wanted MSG at all) than they would have had with the ability to rank (# avail tix/everyone who ranked MSG top priority).  And it was not disclosed at the last renewal date for most 10c members that priority would be going away.  Most people wouldn’t make that a deal breaker for rejoining year to year, but if some people would, they have a point.  
    I don't think it's reasonable to expect them to lay out a list of ticketing details as part of a fan club membership before they've even negotiated that ahead of a tour announcement
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    mpedone said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Get_Right said:
    pdalowsky said:
    pjl44 said:
    100%

People do not get it

I don't think it's reasonable to expect them to lay out a list of ticketing details as part of a fan club membership before they've even negotiated that ahead of a tour announcement
    Just trying to give someone the benefit of the doubt.  

• Options
    mpedone said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Get_Right said:
    pdalowsky said:
    pjl44 said:
    100%

People do not get it

I don't disagree on the odds, though I think it's probably negligible in the case of MSG, as most people even considering those shows would have them as their #1 priority; I don't think there was a significant number of people who said, "Ooh, no priority? I'll put in for MSG, too." On top of that, limiting the requests to one of the two shows gave you better odds than other two-night stops with similar numbers of available tickets. What I disagree with is the assertion that we have no idea how the draw worked, or that it wasn't random.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

• Options
    Get_Right said:
    MSG is the toughest PJ ticket in the country. It is not complicated. 20,000 tickets for a million fans. And with premium ticketing, boxes, suites, friends and family comps etc. now there are probably even fewer tickets for real fans. And as far as reselling goes, I cannot blame a person for trying to make a buck these days. I have never resold PJ tix, because my seats are almost always 10C. But if I paid $75 in TM fees for 2 tix to the show with the highest demand in the US, I might have a different approach. 

Every other act outside of swift there has been a way to get the job done in nyc, seeing the artist without spraying carbon driving or hopping on a plane. They drive demand with sweet ticket offers to a select few, don’t do their research where their fans are who actually want to see them, and a score of other decisions unique in this industry.

This is a unique to PJ problem, as a specific result of their unique ticket and touring policies.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,542
    edited March 14
    Get_Right said:

Every other act outside of swift there has been a way to get the job done in nyc, seeing the artist without spraying carbon driving or hopping on a plane. They drive demand with sweet ticket offers to a select few, don’t do their research where their fans are who actually want to see them, and a score of other decisions unique in this industry.

This is a unique to PJ problem, as a specific result of their unique ticket and touring policies.
    So they don’t have fans in St. Louis, St Paul, Denver, Indy, etc…. where they sell boatloads of tickets?     They know they can sellout five shows in NYC.  They aren’t idiots.  

We get it.  New York is a big city so there are a lot of fans of PJ there.  There are a lot of fans of Chimbawumba too I bet.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    "NYC. More trouble than it's worth." - anonymous Masshole 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    mpedone said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Get_Right said:
    pdalowsky said:
    pjl44 said:
    100%

People do not get it

I guess you don’t see Black as incredibly ingenious song then? /s

The priority ranking is a big deal. Also, we are paying to be in this club, and they tell us very little about what most of us are paying for…how is this lottery conducted. It’s curious to charge $1750 and up for msg tickets, prices I don’t see for any other artist, and then claim it’s reasonable odds for a club member to win three or four east coast shows. These facts don’t add up.

as far as how their sweet ticket deals drive demand and limit supply, ignoring the economics supply v demand, I’ll point to the Euro Desaster topic. Legacy tickets are not as much an issue there bc the tour history there is mostly festivals, so there is less incentive to hold onto that membership, and it’s clear demand for PJ arena/stadium Euro shows are far less than the east coast, and far less than anyone expected.
  • Options
    schaefferlaxschaefferlax Posts: 160
    mpedone said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Get_Right said:
    pdalowsky said:
    pjl44 said:
    100%

People do not get it

The priority ranking is a big deal. Also, we are paying to be in this club, and they tell us very little about what most of us are paying for…how is this lottery conducted. It’s curious to charge $1750 and up for msg tickets, prices I don’t see for any other artist, and then claim it’s reasonable odds for a club member to win three or four east coast shows. These facts don’t add up.

as far as how their sweet ticket deals drive demand and limit supply, ignoring the economics supply v demand, I’ll point to the Euro Desaster topic. Legacy tickets are not as much an issue there bc the tour history there is mostly festivals, so there is less incentive to hold onto that membership, and it’s clear demand for PJ arena/stadium Euro shows are far less than the east coast, and far less than anyone expected.
    For the millionth time, it makes perfect sense for someone to win 4 shows in a random lottery. Look up the bell curve.
    Wrigley 7/19/2013
    Philadelphia 10/22/2013
    Baltimore 10/27/2013
    Hampton 4/18/2016
    Ft. Worth 9/13/2023
    Ft. Worth 9/15/2023
  • Options
    They outsourced the fan club years ago. They sold dog collars. Now they just want to sell tickets as quickly and as easily as possible. Priority never helped get MSG tix. The MSG odds have always been low.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,760
    Get_Right said:
    They outsourced the fan club years ago. They sold dog collars. Now they just want to sell tickets as quickly and as easily as possible. Priority never helped get MSG tix. The MSG odds have always been low.
    Of course priority helped get MSG tickets. Just because odds are already low does not mean priority did not make it easier. 

Tons of people put in for MSG just as trade bait or to flip for a profit. 

If priority was a thing they would of had to make a choice with putting in for the actual show/shows they wanted to go to or get MSG as a first pick. 

• Options
    mpedone said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Get_Right said:
    pdalowsky said:
    pjl44 said:
    100%

People do not get it

For the millionth time, it makes perfect sense for someone to win 4 shows in a random lottery. Look up the bell curve.

It makes even more sense when you realize how this lottery worked, but some people don't want to see that, because then they can't rail about how "improbable" it is or being "kept in the dark".

• Options
    I know in the past I never put MSG first as I didn’t want to waste my top pick on something with low odds.  This time I absolutely rolled the dice on MSG.  I’m sure I’m not alone.  For people where MSG is truly their most important show and would have put it first in the priority system they had to compete with me in the pool in the new system and they wouldn’t have before.  

• Options
    PJNB said:
    Get_Right said:
    Of course priority helped get MSG tickets. Just because odds are already low does not mean priority did not make it easier. 

If priority was a thing they would of had to make a choice with putting in for the actual show/shows they wanted to go to or get MSG as a first pick. 

The odds were always less than 15%. So I think we have about the same chance of winning the lottery. Priority just gave you more information to talk about, it did not increase the likelihood of getting tickets. And no doubt, there are flippers and scalpers in the 10C.
  • Options
    Get_Right said:
    PJNB said:
    Get_Right said:

The odds were always less than 15%. So I think we have about the same chance of winning the lottery. Priority just gave you more information to talk about, it did not increase the likelihood of getting tickets. And no doubt, there are flippers and scalpers in the 10C.
    It did though. I am not even sure what you are trying to say here. Again just because the odds were low already did not mean priority did not help. Also taking priority out made your odds worse due to people just throwing a hail mary since why not they have nothing to lose. If someone threw a hail mary before it just got rejected since it was not a first pick. 

That 15% you are talking about was always a number shown for general interest of a show and never took priority into account. The true number was always higher than that if you put the show as your first pick. 

Now if they went back to showing the odds with no priority that 15% would in fact be a true number of your chances. MSG would be lower than that though. 
  • Options
    I know in the past I never put MSG first as I didn’t want to waste my top pick on something with low odds.  This time I absolutely rolled the dice on MSG.  I’m sure I’m not alone.  For people where MSG is truly their most important show and would have put it first in the priority system they had to compete with me in the pool in the new system and they wouldn’t have before.  
    That is what this lottery has turned into with no priority. People that are flexible and have an income that can hold a bunch of tickets until Fan to Fan opens put in for anything and everything and work it out later.

I do not fault them for this as it is the system 10C has come up with but imo it is a terrible system to have after so many years having a decent one in place. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Get_Right said:
    PJNB said:
    Get_Right said:

It did though. I am not even sure what you are trying to say here. Again just because the odds were low already did not mean priority did not help. Also taking priority out made your odds worse due to people just throwing a hail mary since why not they have nothing to lose. If someone threw a hail mary before it just got rejected since it was not a first pick. 

That 15% you are talking about was always a number shown for general interest of a show and never took priority into account. The true number was always higher than that if you put the show as your first pick. 

Now if they went back to showing the odds with no priority that 15% would in fact be a true number of your chances. MSG would be lower than that though. 

It's not quite a binary situation, though, is it? If your top choice is a much lower demand show, why not put MSG as #1? It's not apples-to-apples, but thinking back to the 2018 shows, where Fenway 2 was a 99% chance (and Night 1 wasn't much lower), if I'd really wanted to go to one of the other shows (with much worse odds), I wouldn't have had to put either Fenway as my #1. Further, given the laws, if I'm looking at going to MSG and Philly or somewhere in the northeast outside of NY and CT, MSG is going to be my #1, even if it's not the closest/easiest to get to, because those other shows will likely have F2F tickets, as opposed to the free-for-all secondary market of NY.

I'm not disagreeing with you. Priority was better than "request packages"; there's just a little more to it than what you're stating.

• Options
    mpedone said:
    PJNB said:
    Get_Right said:
    PJNB said:
    Get_Right said:

It's not quite a binary situation, though, is it? If your top choice is a much lower demand show, why not put MSG as #1? It's not apples-to-apples, but thinking back to the 2018 shows, where Fenway 2 was a 99% chance (and Night 1 wasn't much lower), if I'd really wanted to go to one of the other shows (with much worse odds), I wouldn't have had to put either Fenway as my #1. Further, given the laws, if I'm looking at going to MSG and Philly or somewhere in the northeast outside of NY and CT, MSG is going to be my #1, even if it's not the closest/easiest to get to, because those other shows will likely have F2F tickets, as opposed to the free-for-all secondary market of NY.

I'm not disagreeing with you. Priority was better than "request packages"; there's just a little more to it than what you're stating.
    I could write paragraphs on it for sure. It is as simple as it gets though. Priority made MSG tickets easier. You can not argue that. 

Obviously if priority and odds were in place people would use those odds as a way to put their shows in an order that would give them the best chance of getting as many tickets as they wanted. 

Now though someone who has no intentions of going to MSG but really wants other shows that are also in demand has an equal chance with the person that only wants to put in for MSG. 

Using Fenway in 2018 is not the best comparison either since they had so many tickets that year. 

Compare someone that wants Seattle, Philly or Baltimore. Also factor in they really want GA for those shows and they do not want to go to MSG. They now are making the only MSG peoples odds even harder. 

• Options
    PJNB said:
    mpedone said:
    PJNB said:
    Get_Right said:
    PJNB said:
    Get_Right said:

I could write paragraphs on it for sure. It is as simple as it gets though. Priority made MSG tickets easier. You can not argue that. 

Obviously if priority and odds were in place people would use those odds as a way to put their shows in an order that would give them the best chance of getting as many tickets as they wanted. 

Now though someone who has no intentions of going to MSG but really wants other shows that are also in demand has an equal chance with the person that only wants to put in for MSG. 

Using Fenway in 2018 is not the best comparison either since they had so many tickets that year. 

Compare someone that wants Seattle, Philly or Baltimore. Also factor in they really want GA for those shows and they do not want to go to MSG. They now are making the only MSG peoples odds even harder. 

The x-factor is transferability, though. Because MSG tickets can be resold for any price, if there was even a 1% chance that I wanted to go to MSG, I would put it as my #1 priority. I can always sell those tickets if I decide not to go, and Philly and Baltimore will have more reasonably-priced F2F tickets. If I put MSG as my #4 priority, and then decide I want to go, I'm stuck hoping that someone will offload tickets at a reasonable price. I would put MSG as my #1 and take my chances. I think a lot of other people did the same thing.

On top of that, the less scrupulous in the club will put MSG as their #1 just so they can flip the tickets. They may not even put in for other shows.

Were your odds worse without priority? Yup, no doubt. Did the package method drop them even further? Definitely. I'm just saying it's not as cut-and-dried as "With priority, only people who REALLY wanted to go to MSG would put it as their #1."