Options

Ticket prices. This is not for you (the fans).

Comments

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,136
    Get_Right said:
    pdalowsky said:
    pjl44 said:
    There are few bands who have done as much as Pearl Jam to get incredible seats into the hands of their fans at a reasonable price. I'd be hard pressed to put anyone above them when you factor in how long it's been a priority for them. And you can see how it gets harder and harder as the years go by.
    100%

People do not get it

The reasonable prices are only for a subset of fans that win the lottery and also have seniority. Every one else is staring at the cheapest NY tickets at $1750 today or other lottery winners subsidizing the senior prices. These policies drive fans to try to win multiple shows which blocks out even more fans. The senior fans get it?
    They could eliminate seniority tomorrow and your chances of getting a great seat go up a fraction of a percent. Hell, the influx of ticket requests might even make it go down.

I know some people only daydream about the scenarios where the great tickets are handed to them specifically but the reality is your odds would most likely get way worse if they blow up this system.
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,248
    edited March 11
    pdalowsky said:
    I've always hated the concept that the tickets closer to the stage should be more expensive. It always felt elitist and prices out so many fans who do not have the wealth of the lucky ones. 

I also know however there is no perfect system out there, and when they are all the same price resellers clean up. 

My worst experience of this ever was at a U2 show some years ago, I was pretty flabbergasted that a band who has preached equality for so many years and campaigned tirelessly for it would create a system of disparity of wealth at their shows. The front section was twice the price of the rear standing and for some reason that screamed rank hypocrisy at me.
    U2 always used to make sure that their GA tickets were reasonably priced. I've been to a show on each of the last few tours, and I've not encountered full width pit/rear standing at the shows I've picked. Yes, there'd be some in a front section that were higher priced as part of the Red thing they were doing, but you could get a ticket on the floor at a good price and get up to the front on a normal GA ticket. It was certainly that way on the Joshua Tree tour stadium run. IIRC it was €65 for Amsterdam in 2017.

They certainly used the lower bowl seating at the o2 Innocence/Experience tours to offset cheaper costs for people on the floor. IIRC there was about £100 difference. 

There's no perfect way, but the idea that someone in the back of a venue the size of an aircraft hangar should pay the same as the person whose elbows are on the stage is insane. 

I liked the Stones deal for cheap tickets, you pay £40 and you could end up in a £40 nosebleed or an £800 front pit location, and nobody knew what they had until they collected their tickets at the box office before then having to walk in. 

The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    One of the big flaw’s of the lottery is that people put in multiple entries per household and can end up with extras they don’t need.
    Although if they do that for some shows they could get their fingers burned. Apparently the ability to transfer/sell tickets for the UK and Europe is only going to be activated 48 hours before each show. 
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,559
    edited March 11
    ilockyer said:
    One of the big flaw’s of the lottery is that people put in multiple entries per household and can end up with extras they don’t need.
    Although if they do that for some shows they could get their fingers burned. Apparently the ability to transfer/sell tickets for the UK and Europe is only going to be activated 48 hours before each show. 
    Yikes.  That timeline should be stipulated before the sale so people know the risk.  
  • Options
    HaijayHaijay Posts: 331
    ilockyer said:
    Yikes.  That timeline should be stipulated before the sale so people know the risk.  
    ilockyer said:
    People STILL wouldn’t “get it”
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,868
    Haijay said:
    ilockyer said:
    ilockyer said:
    48 hrs before the show is ridiculous if true. 

People shouldn’t “get  that”

I doubt it’s true and am willing to bet it was just a misunderstanding with when the tickets barcodes will be available. 
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,528
    PJNB said:
    Haijay said:
    ilockyer said:
    ilockyer said:

I doubt it’s true and am willing to bet it was just a misunderstanding with when the tickets barcodes will be available. 
    That seems very likely. Waiting until a couple of days before the show to allow for transfers doesn’t leave much time for them resolve the inevitable issues that will occur. 
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    PJNB said:
    Haijay said:
    ilockyer said:
    ilockyer said:

In the Chicago ticket transfer thread, someone had contacted TM and TM stated that the Wrigley tickets will not be transferable until the week of the show when the tickets are available in the MLB Ballpark App.  Pretty ridiculous if that's how it plays out.
  • Options
    Zen23Zen23 Posts: 349
    ilockyer said:
    Where did you get the information that tickets can only be offered for resale 48 hours before the concert? The source please.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Get_Right said:
    pdalowsky said:
    pjl44 said:
    There are few bands who have done as much as Pearl Jam to get incredible seats into the hands of their fans at a reasonable price. I'd be hard pressed to put anyone above them when you factor in how long it's been a priority for them. And you can see how it gets harder and harder as the years go by.
    100%

People do not get it

The reasonable prices are only for a subset of fans that win the lottery and also have seniority. Every one else is staring at the cheapest NY tickets at $1750 today or other lottery winners subsidizing the senior prices. These policies drive fans to try to win multiple shows which blocks out even more fans. The senior fans get it?

There are no subsidies. Pearl Jam at MSG is a tough ticket. Period. Where there is a will there is a way.
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,313
    bbiggs said:
    PJNB said:
    Haijay said:
    ilockyer said:
    ilockyer said:

In the Chicago ticket transfer thread, someone had contacted TM and TM stated that the Wrigley tickets will not be transferable until the week of the show when the tickets are available in the MLB Ballpark App.  Pretty ridiculous if that's how it plays out.
    Hi, I’m someone and that is what they said.  However my question was specific to literally transfer.  I didn’t ask about fan to fan since that isn’t relevant in my situation but it’s possible that will open up much earlier.  

With respect to the answer I got on Chicago transfers, I’m seriously considering a regulatory complaint.  I don’t really think it lives up to the spirit of the law.  If it survives a complaint then maybe they’ll amend the law for next tine, as it really makes a mockery of things.  It’s only a matter if I have the time to spend on it. 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,731
    ilockyer said:
    pdalowsky said:
    I've always hated the concept that the tickets closer to the stage should be more expensive. It always felt elitist and prices out so many fans who do not have the wealth of the lucky ones. 

I also know however there is no perfect system out there, and when they are all the same price resellers clean up. 

My worst experience of this ever was at a U2 show some years ago, I was pretty flabbergasted that a band who has preached equality for so many years and campaigned tirelessly for it would create a system of disparity of wealth at their shows. The front section was twice the price of the rear standing and for some reason that screamed rank hypocrisy at me.
    U2 always used to make sure that their GA tickets were reasonably priced. I've been to a show on each of the last few tours, and I've not encountered full width pit/rear standing at the shows I've picked. Yes, there'd be some in a front section that were higher priced as part of the Red thing they were doing, but you could get a ticket on the floor at a good price and get up to the front on a normal GA ticket. It was certainly that way on the Joshua Tree tour stadium run. IIRC it was €65 for Amsterdam in 2017.

They certainly used the lower bowl seating at the o2 Innocence/Experience tours to offset cheaper costs for people on the floor. IIRC there was about £100 difference. 

There's no perfect way, but the idea that someone in the back of a venue the size of an aircraft hangar should pay the same as the person whose elbows are on the stage is insane. 

I liked the Stones deal for cheap tickets, you pay £40 and you could end up in a £40 nosebleed or an £800 front pit location, and nobody knew what they had until they collected their tickets at the box office before then having to walk in. 

Its hard to disagree at all, and its fair to say that a utopian system doesnt exist 

However it still bothers me that those on a limited income will on these instances never get a chance to get the best view. That the prime spots are for the rich. Some of the bands biggest fans may not have a dime to scratch their arse with and as such be confined to screens in the rafters with the pigeons. But yep I hear you, it also makes little sense for people sat in the car park to pay the same as those on the side of the stage.....

I think my experience seeing U2 on the Vertigo tour soured my view of the band. It was absolutely shite, and i swore never again would i pay to see them. It was always made worse by the fact I passed the MEN on the way home to see System of a down had played the same night........oh to go back and make the switch 
  • Options
    Zen23 said:
    ilockyer said:
    Where did you get the information that tickets can only be offered for resale 48 hours before the concert? The source please.
    It was in a post on one of the FB groups a few days back, how accurate it is or not I don't know, but probably no less or more than anything here. While our sales are so slow, they're almost certainly not going to allow any further tickets into the marketplace. 
  • Options
    According to an official Eventim source, it should be possible to sell tickets via the official Eventim Fan Sale from April 1st. I don't have any information from Ticketmaster yet.
  • Options
    Zen23 said:
    According to an official Eventim source, it should be possible to sell tickets via the official Eventim Fan Sale from April 1st. I don't have any information from Ticketmaster yet.
    I asked TM UK on X and their response is copied below: 

Replying to ilockyer
    We’ll always provide the opportunity to transfer/resell tickets whenever we can, but these options aren’t available for every event. It’s possible that they may be available nearer the event date, but this isn’t something that we can guarantee. Thanks!"
  • Options
    edited March 12
    This meaningless Ticketmaster support talk. How many answers like that I have already received. This is not about events in general. It's about a specific event. I'm either waiting for the answer, we can't say at the moment because it hasn't been decided yet. Or yes, it is possible, from such and such a day.
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,890
    Get_Right said:
    pdalowsky said:
    pjl44 said:
    100%

People do not get it

Given how high demand is for MSG, $185 for "bad" seats is still pretty reasonable. That aside, yes, the "bad seats subsidize the good seats". And Premium subsidizes all of it. Seniority matters. I wish I could have kept my membership up - I originally joined in 2000 - but I couldn't/didn't. Others did, and they get rewarded for it. I'll take my chances with the lottery and my number getting me in the middle of the pack of seats as opposed to the middle/back of whatever tier I can afford, because there will invariably be lower numbers getting tickets in all tiers. So, my odds will be worse (I don't buy for one second that people will put in for fewer shows with tiered pricing), I'll be paying roughly the same, my seats will be worse, but at least I won't be subsidizing those jerks down front who prioritized something I did not. I'd feel *so* much better!
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,321
    pdalowsky said:
    ilockyer said:
    pdalowsky said:

Its hard to disagree at all, and its fair to say that a utopian system doesnt exist 

However it still bothers me that those on a limited income will on these instances never get a chance to get the best view. That the prime spots are for the rich. Some of the bands biggest fans may not have a dime to scratch their arse with and as such be confined to screens in the rafters with the pigeons. But yep I hear you, it also makes little sense for people sat in the car park to pay the same as those on the side of the stage.....

I think my experience seeing U2 on the Vertigo tour soured my view of the band. It was absolutely shite, and i swore never again would i pay to see them. It was always made worse by the fact I passed the MEN on the way home to see System of a down had played the same night........oh to go back and make the switch 

What happened on the Vertigo tour?  I had an amazing time on that tour.  For me it was the innocence and experience tour.  We had GA Floor tickets, but U2 build this walkway to play over the crowd, but it had walls for displaying images (not solid, like gaps to try and make it see through, so you could see the images and the band at the time time).  You couldn't see anything from the floor. It just looked like they were in a cage you couldn't see through.  It was a pretty rough idea.  After that.. I was.. like this is #5.. maybe i'm good for life.  Then the Sphere happened, and I had an amazingly good time at that one.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,731
    Zod said:
    pdalowsky said:
    ilockyer said:
    pdalowsky said:

What happened on the Vertigo tour?  I had an amazing time on that tour.  For me it was the innocence and experience tour.  We had GA Floor tickets, but U2 build this walkway to play over the crowd, but it had walls for displaying images (not solid, like gaps to try and make it see through, so you could see the images and the band at the time time).  You couldn't see anything from the floor. It just looked like they were in a cage you couldn't see through.  It was a pretty rough idea.  After that.. I was.. like this is #5.. maybe i'm good for life.  Then the Sphere happened, and I had an amazingly good time at that one.
    There was far too much spouting by Bono, too much talking to Tony Blair and Gordon Brown from the stage (who incidentally were not there), too much asking to text a number for charity donations (emboldened on the screens behind them), rough sound, dead atmosphere in the stadium, and the fact they played vertigo twice - once to open the show and then to close it. A band with the catalogue they have can not be excused for playing a pretty shit track twice. 

I guess it just wasnt for me LOL

• Options
    pdalowsky said:
    Zod said:
    pdalowsky said:
    ilockyer said:
    pdalowsky said:

There was far too much spouting by Bono, too much talking to Tony Blair and Gordon Brown from the stage (who incidentally were not there), too much asking to text a number for charity donations (emboldened on the screens behind them), rough sound, dead atmosphere in the stadium, and the fact they played vertigo twice - once to open the show and then to close it. A band with the catalogue they have can not be excused for playing a pretty shit track twice. 

I guess it just wasnt for me LOL

Wow.  Vertigo isn't even a song I would have in my top 40 U2 songs.   
  • Options
    droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,348
    Maybe I'm missing something but what's the fuss about not being able to access tickets until the week of the show? Why is this a big deal unless you're planning to sell the tickets on the secondary market, which 10c has always been very clear is strictly prohibited as tickets are meant to be non-transferrable (outside of places where that option is required by law). You'll still be able to sell tickets on fan 2 fan when it opens.
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,990
    edited March 12
    I think people just want the piece of mind they are sold sooner rather than later. 
  • Options
    greenygreen777greenygreen777 Allendale MI Posts: 68
    I purchased 2 GA /Pit Thur @ Wrigley N1 @ about $600 each before fees... via Seatgeek and they were originally purchased via MLB. I 100% plan on utilizing them, but you never know w/ it being so far out (life happens). I looked at options for resell and they can not be resold per customer service and management. They stated it's a policy via PJ specifically. I said, well how the hell was I able to purchase them from an individual reselling them!? I got an apology and an offer for a credit of said tickets if I wanted to return them, but no cash value for what I paid. Like I said, we plan on going, but hopefully nothing urgent occurs around that time. 
  • Options
    Maybe I'm missing something but what's the fuss about not being able to access tickets until the week of the show? Why is this a big deal unless you're planning to sell the tickets on the secondary market, which 10c has always been very clear is strictly prohibited as tickets are meant to be non-transferrable (outside of places where that option is required by law). You'll still be able to sell tickets on fan 2 fan when it opens.
    Well, lets say you paid PJ Premium for $800 a ticket.  If other PJ Premium are available for similar amount, people may buy your ticket.  But if there are a lot of tickets left 2 days out that are PJ Premium, TM may reduce the price to $400 and now nobody wants to buy your $800 ticket that you can only sell for cost.  
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,311
    If they can't be accessed until the week of the show it's not clear that they would be able to be sold on F2F. And if everyone is trying to sell tickets at the last minute some won't sell. But I agree if F2F is available it shouldn't really matter if the accessibility delay simply means that bar codes to get in aren't available until close to the show. That's how it worked last year and wasn't a problem. 
  • Options
    edited March 12
    Ticketmaster resale in Europe is limited to face value and will be the equivalent of the US F2F system.
    If that doesn't open until very close to the show it makes it less likely that folks can successfully sell their spare tickets on to other fans, to try for fair priced upgrades if they aren't happy with their 10c allocation, move on spares if friends can't go etc. 
  • Options
    ChrrieChrrie Posts: 96
    Given that the ticketing email specifies that fan to fan opens in the “spring”, I would think the 2 day thing is referring to how we don’t get the actual barcode ticket until then. It’s like we all have placeholders for tickets at the moment. 

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,868
    Chrrie said:
    Given that the ticketing email specifies that fan to fan opens in the “spring”, I would think the 2 day thing is referring to how we don’t get the actual barcode ticket until then. It’s like we all have placeholders for tickets at the moment. 

June 19th it is lol. 
  • Options
    ChrrieChrrie Posts: 96
    PJNB said:
    Chrrie said:

June 19th it is lol. 
    Also sorry Australia/NZ 
  • Options
    MD190661MD190661 Posts: 359
    The ticket access delay is lame. I have 4 sets of tickets to different concerts coming up and don't have access to any of them. One set I need to sell and now have to wait to do so until I have access to them. I bought them. They are mine. I should be able to do what I please with them, unless specifically stated they can't be transferred, like PJ tickets.  
    10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/16/96, 7/22/98, 10/21/01, 6/1/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 9/1/05, 7/15/06, 7/18/06, 8/28/09, 10/07/09, 10/3/12, 11/26/13, 6/18/18, 8/10/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22