Options

Ticket prices. This is not for you (the fans).

I've been a 10C member off and on for ten years now (I am aware that this is not the longest membership, but this isn't a measuring contest) and I am absolutely appalled by the prices of tickets for this tour.  The one thing that always stood PJ apart from all other bands was its connection to the fans, the determination to make it as great an experience as could be and the refusal to let its fans be ripped off and exploited in the name of capitalism (See PJ vs Ticketmaster).

The best example of this has always been the Ten Club, where we get rewarded for our loyalty by being allowed to buy tickets at a reasonable price, right down the front where the proper fans are, without needing to pay an absolute fortune for the privilege. These tickets for the Dark Matters tour UK dates are £160. ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY POUNDS. The cheapest tickets in the house are £120.

Pearl Jam, you have completely lost your way.  You are not the band of the people that you once were, you will have lost the respect of thousands of fans with this blatant profiteering and the fact that you are doing this alongside Ticketmaster, of all companies, is frankly insulting.

I for one, will not be renewing my membership next time around and will be interested to see how many others will also leave.

I'm just disappointed.

Comments

• Options
    RideRickRideRick Hoorn Posts: 703
    I totally agree with you here but the problem is there will be people paying this price to see this great band playing.
    Last time it already was pretty expensive..  and then show 1 in Amsterdam got canceled..  which was very dissapointing.
    € 175.00 is already to expensive but to pay € 325 just to sit on a wooden bench upfront in Berling is rightout outrageous.
    And it's almost sold out. I just don't understand that people will pay this but hey.... i can't check other peoples pockets.
    | Pinkpop 1992 *BEST EVER | Rotterdam 1993 | Amsterdam 1996 | Pinkpop 2000 | Arnhem 2006 | Nijmegen 2007 | Rotterdam 2009 | Nijmegen 2010 | Amsterdam I + II 2012 ** | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2012 First European Concert *EPIC*| Amsterdam I + II 2014 | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2016 night I  | Amsterdam I + II 2018 | Amsterdam I -> Canceled  +  II 2022 *EPIC
  • Options
    tmktmk Posts: 8
    edited February 23
    Yep, I feel the same guys :( I was going to get the tickets to Berlin concert but the prices just blew me away. 300EUR for bottom seats? 175EUR for upper seats. I don't even know what were the golden circle prices because they are sold out... I'm disappointed this time...

Post edited by tmk on
  • Options
    I really wish people would stop blaming the band for the cost of goods and services in 2024. I’d be willing to bet that they are not making much more profit per show than what they were 10 or more years ago. It takes significant infrastructure to put on a tour that travels the world, and these prices actually compares favorably to many other concert experiences. 
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,239
    Our prices in the UK have doubled since the last tour. 
    If 2020 tour had happened as intended, we'd probably have had a tour in 2022 priced someway between those and now, and the increase wouldn't seem as bad. Don't get me wrong, it is a LOT of money for a show, but that is a small part of it.
    Now we are paying, give or take a tenner, the same as PJ fans in all other parts of the world. That I guess is fairness, after a fashion?
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    As a disabled person I've had to pay for 2 tickets as Ticketmaster doesn't seem to recognise the disabled button.. Incase you didn't know if I are disabled...walking.....you can email the ticket companies and they should automatically let me buy 2 tickets and one free for my career..as it is I'm up a bit but got tickets so hey ho . lolol
    Tried to get Barcelona tickets but that was Fubar 
  • Options
    I really wish people would stop blaming the band for the cost of goods and services in 2024. I’d be willing to bet that they are not making much more profit per show than what they were 10 or more years ago. It takes significant infrastructure to put on a tour that travels the world, and these prices actually compares favorably to many other concert experiences. 
    AC/DC are playing Wembley stadium in July and their pitch standing tickets are £120. 25% cheaper.
  • Options
    tmktmk Posts: 8
    Of course, you are right and the high prices are probably due to the small number of concerts on this year's tour. It's a pity that there will be so few of these concerts because the prices would probably be half as much. Ther won't be any concerts in my country on this tour so Berlin was the only possible for me.

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,014
    As a disabled person I've had to pay for 2 tickets as Ticketmaster doesn't seem to recognise the disabled button.. Incase you didn't know if I are disabled...walking.....you can email the ticket companies and they should automatically let me buy 2 tickets and one free for my career..as it is I'm up a bit but got tickets so hey ho . lolol
    A free ticket for your career?
  • Options
    False_BeliefFalse_Belief Cardiff Posts: 749
    mace1229 said:
    They obviously meant ‘carer’.   Stop being weird.  

Leeds 2006, London 2007, Hartford 2008, London Shepherds Bush 2009, London O2 2009, Dublin 2010, London Hyde Park 2010, Amsterdam 1 2012, Amsterdam 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, EV solo London 30/7/2012, Berlin 2014, Stockholm 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Amsterdam 1 2018, London 1 2018, London 2 2018, EV solo Dublin 2019, London 1 2022, London 2 2022, New York City 2022 

• Options
    axellaire8axellaire8 Belgium Posts: 234
    edited February 23
    stop with this nonsense. All the arguments I have read in recent days are not valid. I saw Peter Gabriel 4 months ago for €70. It's true that it's different because he tours all the time, he releases an album every year, he is young and not known, no equipment for his concert except a guitar and a light, he lives in a tent in the  woods and does nothing for charitable causes. For those who don't know Peter and it's a shame😊, it's sarcastic. C’mon! if  PJ really wanted to do otherwise, they could
    Post edited by axellaire8 on

1996: Paris/2006: Paris/2007: Werchter/2010: Werchter/2012: Amsterdam 1 and Werchter/2014: Amsterdam 1&2 and Werchter/2018: Amsterdam 1&2 and Werchter/2022: Werchter and Amsterdam 2

EV: 2012: Amsterdam/2017: Antwerpen/2019: Bruxelles

• Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,178
    Holy shit. 
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,239
    edited February 23
    Was this for Manchester or London? 
    If Manchester, it's worth filling out the form and contacting the venue for some assistance. 

https://customervoice.microsoft.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=pr3nl8baLUWgMyoj-oZRDe680ySZE2JMh4ak8O0K2kFUNUU2S0JMUTRTOUlGVExEMzcwUTY5OE84Ni4u
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    Jason727Jason727 Massachusetts Posts: 14
    Honestly, I feel the band is doing the best they can considering how concert prices are in general and how hard it is for people to get tickets for the popular shows - or just how expensive it is to do a tour these days. My wife paid nearly $500 to get a Fenway field ticket for Blink-182 this summer and that was via TM and not a scalper or verified resale. Look at what people had to go through and pay to see Taylor Swift last year... It's not perfect but at least PJ makes an effort to eliminate much of the scalpers, bots and TM dynamic pricing. It could be worse...
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    edited February 23
    I was shut out of the tenclub sale and didn't register for today's sale, so I just went to ticketmaster to see if there's any shows where they're just selling tickets (no registered presales, etc.). All I could find are the PJ Premium tickets for the 8/26 show in Noblesville, IN. Check out the prices, and where you'll be sitting if you were crazy enough to buy them...

Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,760
    I was shut out of the tenclub sale and didn't register for today's sale, so I just went to ticketmaster to see if there's any shows where they're just selling tickets (no registered presales, etc.). All I could find are the PJ Premium tickets for the 8/26 show in Noblesville, IN. Check out the prices.....

Thats nothing. Wait until you see what Philly and MSG bring. Both will have seats over $2K. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    I was shut out of the tenclub sale and didn't register for today's sale, so I just went to ticketmaster to see if there's any shows where they're just selling tickets (no registered presales, etc.). All I could find are the PJ Premium tickets for the 8/26 show in Noblesville, IN. Check out the prices.....

Thats nothing. Wait until you see what Philly and MSG bring. Both will have seats over $2K. 
    Oh yeah, I can't imagine what they'll be. Especially Philly 1 on a Saturday. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    I've been a 10C member off and on for ten years now (I am aware that this is not the longest membership, but this isn't a measuring contest) and I am absolutely appalled by the prices of tickets for this tour.  The one thing that always stood PJ apart from all other bands was its connection to the fans, the determination to make it as great an experience as could be and the refusal to let its fans be ripped off and exploited in the name of capitalism (See PJ vs Ticketmaster).

The best example of this has always been the Ten Club, where we get rewarded for our loyalty by being allowed to buy tickets at a reasonable price, right down the front where the proper fans are, without needing to pay an absolute fortune for the privilege. These tickets for the Dark Matters tour UK dates are £160. ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY POUNDS. The cheapest tickets in the house are £120.

Pearl Jam, you have completely lost your way.  You are not the band of the people that you once were, you will have lost the respect of thousands of fans with this blatant profiteering and the fact that you are doing this alongside Ticketmaster, of all companies, is frankly insulting.

I for one, will not be renewing my membership next time around and will be interested to see how many others will also leave.

I'm just disappointed.

Eddie in SPIN Magazine, January 1995....

If you have a $55 Rolling Stones ticket and there’s a $3 to $6 service charge, okay. But ours was an $18.50 ticket, and now all of a sudden it’s a $24.00 ticket. That’s not right. I just want people to be able to see our shows. It’s extremely important that it’s available to everyone, that if they’d like to attend they’re able to. Also, when you start having $50 tickets, all of a sudden you’re changing your audience. And that’s a frightening thought, playing only to people that can afford a $50 ticket.

With inflation, a $50 ticket in 1995 is now $102 in 2024. Tickets to this tour are double that. Not such a "freighting thought" anymore. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    PJNB said:

Oh yeah, I can't imagine what they'll be. Especially Philly 1 on a Saturday. 
    I am not sure what the highest Indy ended up going for in the lower section. I feel like it was around $1000. I mentioned this before but in 2022 MSG tickets hit $5000 plus fees each.
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,167
    as they say it is what it is....who wants to pay more for anything? But as others have mentioned, you need to put this into context

prices have soared on every damn thing, why would this be different? Does it change my tour plans, A little....prob wont be buying as much beer at the venue, make sure im good before I walk in....less merch too
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,892
    They definitely out punted their coverage this tour as evident by the amount of tickets left for the european shows.  Literally thousands of unsold tickets.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Jason727Jason727 Massachusetts Posts: 14
    I was shut out of the tenclub sale and didn't register for today's sale, so I just went to ticketmaster to see if there's any shows where they're just selling tickets (no registered presales, etc.). All I could find are the PJ Premium tickets for the 8/26 show in Noblesville, IN. Check out the prices, and where you'll be sitting if you were crazy enough to buy them...

I saw these too. I wonder if this was due in part to this show being sold prior to the Dark Matter tour being announced and therefore had a much higher demand?
  • Options
    edited February 23

This is late in the VF sale 2 years ago for MSG. 
  • Options
    edited February 23

Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    Jason727 said:

I saw these too. I wonder if this was due in part to this show being sold prior to the Dark Matter tour being announced and therefore had a much higher demand?
    This only 6K that fit under the roof there I believe. The 10% premium is likely of that 6K too but hard to prove. 
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,922
    It comes down to what things are worth to you? You can always make the choice to not go. ACDC is charging a lot less? You can go see them.  

I've given up a bunch of things over years because prices have gone way up. Whether it's going out to eat, travel, concerts or whatever. Some things you just have to decide to pass on.  Maybe if at the end of this tour, they see a lot of unsold tickets, it'll make them change things. We shall see. 
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,014
    edited February 23
    mace1229 said:
    They obviously meant ‘carer’.   Stop being weird.  
    I'm not being weird. I didn't know they meant carer. It took me  a couple seconds to figure out what you meant, because I've never heard it called carer before, only caregiver.
    And that still doesn't make sense, why would they give a free ticket to a caregiver?
    Caregivers don't get a free ticket when you book a flight. Why would they get a free ticket to a concert?
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    The registered-only sale bothers me more than the ticket prices this time around. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,225
    I'm going to guess Europeans just mostly make far less money then USA?

If you stop looking at the premium pricing - I feel this tour was really fair for modern day standards and incomes here in the USA. 

Noblesville is that way because it was a postponed show and has very limited seating left to start with. Most of the venue was already sold in 2023 and held on to.
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,800
    Sorry op.
    I know me and a friend are not going to pj shows. Room for more who can. It does stink though. 
    Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

• Options
    JimmyV said:
    The registered-only sale bothers me more than the ticket prices this time around. 
    Same here. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs: