Dark Matter World Tour 2024

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    So after alot people wondering about early entry in European shows I think 10c should mention it there is or there is not one. Cos as it seems is not.
    I saw alot of disappointment about it around cos was one of the main benefit to have 10c tickets.
    In Australian shows it mention there is an early entry for golden circle 10c tickets
    Also another thing 10c should help to solve is wrong is the fan to fan ticket sale that give u no right to sell your ticket of u dont have a bank acount in the country of the show. So if u are Canadian and got ticket to USA or German shows fr examble and want to resell your ticket to another fan u can't if u dont have a USA or German bank acount
    I know when u buy tickets u agree to the terms but would be nice 10c to help to solve this issues
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • hadrieliahadrielia Posts: 126
    tylerj said:
    I think a lot of Americans (of which I am) don't realize full that the average wage in UK and much of Europe is oftentimes a lot lower than the USA. The average wage in Britain is around $38,000 give or take. It's a bit higher in Ireland. In the U.S. it's in the mid $50,000. So we're talking around $15,000 difference a year. 
    2 dark matter tour tickets are 35% of minimum wage in spain..

06/06/17 - Eddie Vedder - Hammersmith Apollo - London /////  09/06/17 - Eddie Vedder - 3Arena - Dublin ///// 19/06/18 - Pearl Jam - O2 - London ////// 10/07/18 - Pearl Jam - Palau Sant Jordi - Barcelona ////// 12/07/18 - Pearl Jam - Mad Cool Festival - Madrid ////// 14/07/18 -Pearl Jam - NOS Alive Festival - Lisbon
  • If you get good seats, the price is great. The bad seats are overpriced.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,678
    devonfz said:
    So my question and not sure if I’ve read to any comments about it is the reserved seating the gray areas are I assume premium and the blue areas are fan club seats in New York and LA not gonna be a lot a good fan club seats, but a couple of the other venues like Portland, Sacramento and Seattle. Seems like it’s more of the way it used to be fan club seats on the side anyone else see this? And in someways I’m glad they’re being honest.
    But in those venues like Portland, Sacto etc. while there will be some 10C seats in those good sections, you can be sure the better seats in those sections will be PJ Premium and 10C will be higher rows up behind them.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,678
    PJNB said:
    tylerj said:
    What is this "PJ Premium"? Has Pearl Jam started with VIP tickets and shit now too?
    For someone who has commented over 28,000 times, you sure do seem to not know a whole lot. 
    I’m his defence 27000 of those were about Kiss. 

:lol:
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 835
    ComeToTX said:
    I paid $263 for a Neil Young ticket yesterday. PJ is not out of line with what their peers are charging. 
    Don't need no cash
    Don't want no money
    Ain't got no stash
    This note's for you.

I've got the real thing
    I got the real thing, baby
    I got the real thing
    Yeah, alright.
  • runstaplesrunstaples Posts: 475
    This is a stupid question, but can I use my credit card for both me and my girlfriend's ticketmaster accounts? She joined the ten club to help our chances in the lottery, but I was hoping to use my credit card for both of us. I'm guessing maybe the married folks might have experience with this. 
    Appeared to be an animal, yet so polite.
  • DiscopijDiscopij Posts: 479
    The biggest issue with ticket prices last year was the discovery that our 10c tickets not only were going up in price but they were getting much worse in terms of location due to PJ Premium.

If you can't improve the overall quality of 10c tickets due to PJ Premium, I still think it could be mostly fixed by pricing different levels of seats closer to market.  If you double the best 10c seat prices (think GA and best side stage/floor at $400, then the next best at $300, etc) and cut down bigtime on the cost of the 'bad' 10c seats to $50 or something like that, the take is still the same and at least people with lousy seats feel like the value is there.  You decide what you're willing to pay given the choices.
  • tylerj said:
    What is this "PJ Premium"? Has Pearl Jam started with VIP tickets and shit now too?
    For someone who has commented over 28,000 times, you sure do seem to not know a whole lot. 
    1. I am dumb

2. I have never heard of Pearl Jam selling premium/VIP/stage-worn instruments/ pricey meet and greets before this tour. So, in regards to Pearl Jam I see that as another bit of a crossing the rubicon move. 

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,295
    Are Barcelona tickets transferable ?

Thinking about applying but wouldn't travel if I only got 1 night 
    you need to have a bank account from the country where the gig happens. Unbelievable.

That's for fan to fan via TM but NYC and Chicago shows can be sold/transfered directly I believe I guess that doesn't happen in Spain?
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,212
    This is a stupid question, but can I use my credit card for both me and my girlfriend's ticketmaster accounts? She joined the ten club to help our chances in the lottery, but I was hoping to use my credit card for both of us. I'm guessing maybe the married folks might have experience with this. 
    Yes you can.  My wife uses my credit card on her account. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,548
    tylerj said:
    1. I am dumb

2. I have never heard of Pearl Jam selling premium/VIP/stage-worn instruments/ pricey meet and greets before this tour. So, in regards to Pearl Jam I see that as another bit of a crossing the rubicon move. 

i think this is tour 3 or 4 with PJ Premium
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
    Seattle 5.30.2024  Noblesville 8.26.2024  Chicago 8.29.2024  Chicago 8.31.2024 
  • Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,032
    So after alot people wondering about early entry in European shows I think 10c should mention it there is or there is not one. Cos as it seems is not.
    I saw alot of disappointment about it around cos was one of the main benefit to have 10c tickets.
    In Australian shows it mention there is an early entry for golden circle 10c tickets
    Also another thing 10c should help to solve is wrong is the fan to fan ticket sale that give u no right to sell your ticket of u dont have a bank acount in the country of the show. So if u are Canadian and got ticket to USA or German shows fr examble and want to resell your ticket to another fan u can't if u dont have a USA or German bank acount
    I know when u buy tickets u agree to the terms but would be nice 10c to help to solve this issues
    I don’t think the bank account is a requirement anymore. I bought a pair for Chicago last year, couldn’t go and sold them on F2F. I was paid out shortly after the show using Hyperwallet. Maybe the same will apply for other countries. 
  • MD190661MD190661 Posts: 394
    I really hate the ticket price debate. Its ridiculous and shows how entitled we all are. I too hate capitalism and think it is literally the root of every problem on earth. But also acknowledge that I can't change that so there's gonna be some stuff I can't do/don't want to do because of the cost. It sucks. You can't do it all.

That said, if you want to beef about PJ tickets, the actual injustice here is that they make every single ticket the same price. A spot on the rail and a spot in the last row of the highest level of a stadium are not the same value and should not be the same price.If they wanted to take care of folks, they'd offer those "crap" seats for half the GA and lower level seats. Their justification for Platinum/PJ Premium is that is subsidizes cheaper prices for the rest of us. So make the less desirable seats cheaper and the Premiums higher. Someone who is gonna drop 500 on a seat will also pay 600.
    Agreed. Lots of acts charge $200 or more for crap upper level seats at arenas and well over $100 for 500 level sections at stadiums. I'd never pay over $100 to sit in seat where I can't see a thing. I also blame the buyers. People have so much FOMO or nostalgia that they'll pay almost anything to see anything. Madonna was like $250 for the worst seats. The Stones are like $150 in the upper reaches of football stadiums. But if people pay it, they'll keep charging it. I'll be fine paying the top price for PJ if I get GA or lower level in the first couple of sections. But I'd never pay the price for an upper seat unless it was at the LA Forum in the first couple rows near the stage- those seats are still great there because there is only a walkway between sections- no suites. I only put in for one show and expect to get what I want. If not, I'll probably sell on F2F and wait for better seats to pop up there. I'm not a 'get in the building type' unless the price is right. $50 for the upper deck? Fine- happy to be in the building. 4 times that? I'll pass.
    10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/16/96, 7/22/98, 10/21/01, 6/1/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 9/1/05, 7/15/06, 7/18/06, 8/28/09, 10/07/09, 10/3/12, 11/26/13, 6/18/18, 8/10/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22, 5/13/24, 5/25/24

• Kwieneke said:
    tylerj said:
    1. I am dumb

Okey., Never seen anything about it when it came to the 2020 or the 2018 European tour. But maybe I was wearing some idealistic glasses blocking it out.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • runstaplesrunstaples Posts: 475
    Thank you @JojoRice !
    Appeared to be an animal, yet so polite.
  • KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,548
    Kwieneke said:
    tylerj said:
    1. I am dumb

Okey., Never seen anything about it when it came to the 2020 or the 2018 European tour. But maybe I was wearing some idealistic glasses blocking it out.
    actually to be fair, i think it was 2020 which became 2022, and then 2023. so really only 2. maybe?
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
    Seattle 5.30.2024  Noblesville 8.26.2024  Chicago 8.29.2024  Chicago 8.31.2024 
  • Hi All, 

I am a new PJ Ten Club member.
    I put in a request for 6 shows, which totals to around $US 2700! The shows I requested for are: 
    Chicago New York Philly
    29-Aug31-Aug 03-Sep04-Sep 07-Sep09-Sep

I wanted to know, in your Ten Club ticket requests experience:
    1. The fact that I requested for the shows, does that mean I will get approved for all the shows? - What are the chances of that happening?
    2. In the past, whenever you requested for multiple shows you picked, did you score tickets for all?
    3. Were the tickets good? Or badly placed tickets?
    4. Do you have any experience with selling those tickets? were they easy to sell off using fan-to-fan ticket transfer?

Let me know, so that I can make a more informed, and not an emotional decision!
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    Kwieneke said:
    Kwieneke said:
    tylerj said:
    1. I am dumb

actually to be fair, i think it was 2020 which became 2022, and then 2023. so really only 2. maybe?
    This plus Eddie and the Earthlings.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 810
    If you get good seats, the price is great. The bad seats are overpriced.
    I'm not sure this is said or thought enough.  The average is probably fair.

The 1 price for all never made sense to me.  $10 or whatever difference in price levels this go around doesn't do much though.
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,131
    185 a ticket now though?  jeeeezus....
  • nc_jammer1nc_jammer1 Posts: 547
    yup thats the major concern here,  with seniority didn't worry tooo much as at least it seemed fair, and I live with the location of the seat.  Now it's a crap shoot.  Not sure worth keep paying every year.
    Lets go, big money , big money, no whammies !!
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,907
    JojoRice said:
    Yes you can.  My wife uses my credit card on her account. 
    You can use your cc on my account too (thanks!)
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    Outside of Chicago last year, were seat assignments not good?

Chicago was well-intentioned with getting the most tickets they could, but it pushed everyone 43**** and higher into the the third deck. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,907
    JimmyV said:
    Kwieneke said:
    Kwieneke said:
    tylerj said:
    1. I am dumb

They has premium “charity” tickets for NA 2020 when it was first being sold.  Every thing since then over here has had PJ Premium.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • JimmyV said:
    Kwieneke said:
    Kwieneke said:
    tylerj said:
    1. I am dumb

They has premium “charity” tickets for NA 2020 when it was first being sold.  Every thing since then over here has had PJ Premium.  
    Cheeky calling it charity the first time when testing the waters
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,190
    LuigiCS said:
    There it is...the point where live music becomes a privilege for a chosen few.  
    Go see up and coming bands in clubs. That's 95% of my ticket purchases. Splurge on arena/stadium shows if you love the band and feel it's worth it. Or don't.
  • nc_jammer1nc_jammer1 Posts: 547
    Another Ten club suggestion.  Use previous member ticket data to reward and place fans in the Pit who have never been.
  • milanmilan Posts: 447
    The Pearl Jam Don't Matter World Tour.

£157 for what might be a shitty seat at THFC.

What is this band doing?

2 tickets for each Hyde Park gig Golden Circle and early entry around £200 all up.
    '06 Milan
    '07 Madrid
    '08 Virginia Beach / Washington DC
    '09 Shepherds Bush / Berlin / Manchester / London
    Perth / Sydney / Brisbane

'10 London / Berlin / Lisbon
    '11 Rio de Janeiro / Buenos Aires / Lima
    '12 Manchester I / Manchester II / Berlin I / Berlin II
    '13 Baltimore / Charlottesville / Charlotte
    '14 Perth / San Siro / Berlin / "Live at Leeds" / MK
    '15 Rio de Janeiro / Bogota

'18 London I / Berlin / London II

'22 Berlin / London I / London Ii

(37)
  • lazyjc22lazyjc22 Posts: 130
    JimmyV said:
    Outside of Chicago last year, were seat assignments not good?

Chicago was well-intentioned with getting the most tickets they could, but it pushed everyone 43**** and higher into the the third deck. 
    St. Paul 1 were the worst seats I've had as a 10C member aside from Eddie solo at Tower Theater.  They weren't bad seats, just not the great ones I've been getting since 1998. Fewer shows, more demand, aging fanbase with more disposable income.  It's going to happen .