Dark Matter World Tour 2024

Comments

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,843
    How does 10C match your ticketmaster to your 10C number? I have two ticketmaster accounts and outside of my name nothing matches my 10 Club account. I can only assume that the link provided to ticketmaster via our 10 club profile is the key?
    This is a great question. I was wondering the same thing. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,295
    How does 10C match your ticketmaster to your 10C number? I have two ticketmaster accounts and outside of my name nothing matches my 10 Club account. I can only assume that the link provided to ticketmaster via our 10 club profile is the key?
    You have to login to 10C then there's a redirect which will contain your 10C info 
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,074
    When you click on the Ticketmaster link provided by the 10C, you have to enter your 10C password w/ Ticketmaster, so they must share that information in advance to determine eligibility.
  • ComeToTX said:
    I paid $263 for a Neil Young ticket yesterday. PJ is not out of line with what their peers are charging. 
    You got ripped off. 
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • tylerjtylerj Posts: 299
    edited February 14
    What is this "PJ Premium"? Has Pearl Jam started with VIP tickets and shit now too?
    For someone who has commented over 28,000 times, you sure do seem to not know a whole lot. 
    Chicago, Aug 24, 2009 
    Noblesville, May 7, 2010
    PJ20 Night 1, 2011
    Cincinnati, Oct. 1, 2014
    Milwaukee, Oct. 20, 2014
    Wrigley Field, Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field, Aug 22, 2016
    Wrigley Field, Aug 18, 2018
    Wrigley Field, Aug 20, 2018
    St. Louis, Sept. 18, 2022
    Chicago, Sept. 5, 2023
    Chicago, Sept. 7, 2023

• BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,352
    Inflation is unlikely to drop below zero even if it falls, in which case real time prices are not going down either, just go up less quickly.
    Inflation has been steadily falling. It was nine percent (year-over-year) in June 2022; it is three percent now. But, yes, you're right, we're unlikely to have deflation, which would be inflation below zero percent. And we wouldn't want deflation because it creates its own set of economic problems.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    tylerj said:
    What is this "PJ Premium"? Has Pearl Jam started with VIP tickets and shit now too?
    For someone who has commented over 28,000 times, you sure do seem to not know a whole lot. 
    I’m his defence 27000 of those were about Kiss. 

This is all new to Europe only fans who did not follow the last couple of tours. 
    PJNB said:
    tylerj said:
    I’m his defence 27000 of those were about Kiss. 

This is all new to Europe only fans who did not follow the last couple of tours. 
    Yeah, that's what I'm noticing. A lot of the Europeans with a litany of questions. MOST are answered if one just reads the email + blog post or FAQ. But I know that's too idealistic to assume people do that. 
    Chicago, Aug 24, 2009 
    Noblesville, May 7, 2010
    PJ20 Night 1, 2011
    Cincinnati, Oct. 1, 2014
    Milwaukee, Oct. 20, 2014
    Chicago, Sept. 5, 2023
    Chicago, Sept. 7, 2023

• il vecchioil vecchio Posts: 143

PJ Premium:

PJ Premium seats are located in a variety of preferred locations and account for approximately 10% of ticket inventory per show. They are priced at market rate to offset increased touring costs while also keeping prices low for the rest of the ticket inventory. PJ Premium tickets will only be available through Ticketmaster Registration Sale along with regularly priced tickets. 

so, correct me if I am wrong.
    If I don't get GA but I get seated in the lottery, even if I am a 10c member, I may end up further than those not members but just buying  PJ Premium seated though general sale, after the 10c members...
    Here's my thoughts.  Don't @ me!

There's a lot of unhappy people here raging against the ticket cost.  I agree.  They are extortionate and over-priced.  It goes against the values that I thought PJ held dear - times have changed since the '90's!

However, that's where we are.  If people aren't happy the only way to communicate that to the band is to vote with your feet.  Send a message by not buying tickets - granted, that's difficult as we're all fans here.

Anyway, that's my tuppence worth; if you don't like it, don't buy the tickets.  That'd send a pretty clear message to PJ that something ain't right.

People need to stop misusing the word "extortion" or offshoots of it here. This is not extortion. Pearl Jam is not threatening you or using force to make you buy tickets. If the price is too steep, you do not have to buy tickets.
    I'm pretty sure the logging in through 10c gives Ticketmaster your profile info and then they use that to assign seats. I say that because  to of the 2023 fiasco where tickets were not assigned due to seniority in a lot of cases and it seemed to be TM's fault, though IDK if we can know 100%. 
    Chicago, Aug 24, 2009 
    Noblesville, May 7, 2010
    PJ20 Night 1, 2011
    Cincinnati, Oct. 1, 2014
    Milwaukee, Oct. 20, 2014
    Chicago, Sept. 5, 2023
    Chicago, Sept. 7, 2023

• ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,760
    ComeToTX said:
    I paid $263 for a Neil Young ticket yesterday. PJ is not out of line with what their peers are charging. 
    You got ripped off. 
    i appreciate your insight.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,295
    edited February 14
    Are Barcelona tickets transferable ?

Thinking about applying but wouldn't travel if I only got 1 night 
    Post edited by BlueLedbetter on
  • BF25394 said:

There's a lot of unhappy people here raging against the ticket cost.  I agree.  They are extortionate and over-priced.  It goes against the values that I thought PJ held dear - times have changed since the '90's!

However, that's where we are.  If people aren't happy the only way to communicate that to the band is to vote with your feet.  Send a message by not buying tickets - granted, that's difficult as we're all fans here.

Anyway, that's my tuppence worth; if you don't like it, don't buy the tickets.  That'd send a pretty clear message to PJ that something ain't right.

People need to stop misusing the word "extortion" or offshoots of it here. This is not extortion. Pearl Jam is not threatening you or using force to make you buy tickets. If the price is too steep, you do not have to buy tickets.
    "If the price is too steep" - This is the definition of extortionate. They aren’t saying pearl jam are threatening them.

• Massive Manchester promo
    Reading Festival - Aug 27, 2006,Shepherd's Bush Empire - Aug 11, 2009, Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, O2 Arena - Aug 18, 2009, GM Place - Sep 25, 2009, Madison Square Garden - May 20, 2010, Madison Square Garden - May 21, 2010, Hyde Park - Jun 25, 2010, Wuhlheide - Jun 30, 2010,
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429

PJ Premium:

PJ Premium seats are located in a variety of preferred locations and account for approximately 10% of ticket inventory per show. They are priced at market rate to offset increased touring costs while also keeping prices low for the rest of the ticket inventory. PJ Premium tickets will only be available through Ticketmaster Registration Sale along with regularly priced tickets. 

If I don't get GA but I get seated in the lottery, even if I am a 10c member, I may end up further than those not members but just buying  PJ Premium seated though general sale, after the 10c members...
    Yes that will definitely be happening. No maybe about it. 

Remember that 10% is a number that represents the whole venue but of course in reality when you compare that percentage to the good seats it is way higher.
  • tylerj said:
    I'm pretty sure the logging in through 10c gives Ticketmaster your profile info and then they use that to assign seats. I say that because  to of the 2023 fiasco where tickets were not assigned due to seniority in a lot of cases and it seemed to be TM's fault, though IDK if we can know 100%. 
    Don’t think TM gives a shit about us club members. They have a job to do, and do it blindly. 
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • il vecchioil vecchio Posts: 143
    Are Barcelona tickets transferable ?

Thinking about applying but wouldn't travel if I only got 1 night 
    you need to have a bank account from the country where the gig happens. Unbelievable.

• BF25394 said:

The word they're looking for is "exorbitant".  But even then, I wouldn't say PJ's tickets prices are unreasonably high.  As Clare said, this is where we are these days.  The high prices are a symptom of an underlying problem, not the root cause. 
  • devonfzdevonfz Posts: 172
    edited February 14
    So my question and not sure if I’ve read to any comments about it is the reserved seating the gray areas are I assume premium and the blue areas are fan club seats in New York and LA not gonna be a lot a good fan club seats, but a couple of the other venues like Portland, Sacramento and Seattle. Seems like it’s more of the way it used to be fan club seats on the side anyone else see this? And in someways I’m glad they’re being honest. This explains last year why my seats were so far back and I’m guessing this year they’re not playing around with the premium and the premiums are just going in the best sections and fan club is just being pushed back and they’re letting us know it. Definitely is affecting my decision on where to go. To be honest my guess is on the West Coast tickets will be easy to come by so I don’t see the point of putting in for let’s say LA were you know you’re not gonna get great fan club seats?
    Post edited by devonfz on
  • What is this "PJ Premium"? Has Pearl Jam started with VIP tickets and shit now too?

PJ Premium:

That’s accurate. 

I’m wandering for someone like myself needing one ticket and not a great club number 5xxxxx it might be worthwhile taking my shot at the verified fan?
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,844
    The band (or management) make the choices, it's that simple. So, what you see at an onsale is a direct reflection of their goals and feelings on today's live music world. I think PJ does some things right (fan2fan, all in pricing, club lotto vs password general sale), but I also think they miss on some. I am not opposed to the price point for the lower level seats in today's environment, but only $10 cheaper for the upper bowl is not right.

Some performers are even more offbase. Zach Bryan can sell tix anywhere right now. His last tour was reasonably priced and thru AXS after he literally released a live album titled "All My Homie Hate Ticketmaster". Fast forward a year, his tour is thru TM and ticket prices are astronomical ($400 for field level at a stadium). That shows you something.

Got tix for my wife for Hozier recently. He sold out the amphitheater PJ plays in Camden and sold it out in less than 48hr. He used all in pricing, non transferrable/fan2fan, and tix were shockingly low. Pit and 100 sections (closest to stage) were less than $100, lawn was less than $50. That shows you something.
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022, 9/7/2024, 9/9/2024, 9/12/2024
  • Douglas12373Douglas12373 Posts: 222
    edited February 14
    I really hate the ticket price debate. Its ridiculous and shows how entitled we all are. I too hate capitalism and think it is literally the root of every problem on earth. But also acknowledge that I can't change that so there's gonna be some stuff I can't do/don't want to do because of the cost. It sucks. You can't do it all.

That said, if you want to beef about PJ tickets, the actual injustice here is that they make every single ticket the same price. A spot on the rail and a spot in the last row of the highest level of a stadium are not the same value and should not be the same price.If they wanted to take care of folks, they'd offer those "crap" seats for half the GA and lower level seats. Their justification for Platinum/PJ Premium is that is subsidizes cheaper prices for the rest of us. So make the less desirable seats cheaper and the Premiums higher. Someone who is gonna drop 500 on a seat will also pay 600.
    BF25394 said:

"If the price is too steep" - This is the definition of extortionate. They aren’t saying pearl jam are threatening them.

When did they write the extortion out of extortionate?
  • chukdotcomchukdotcom Posts: 709
    Any thoughts on how easy/hard Dublin will be? I want 2 tickets, and both my wife and I have Ten Club accounts. If we both put in and get selected, I will have to sell a pair and that sounds not-so-easy given the bank account requirement.
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,907
    ComeToTX said:
    ComeToTX said:
    You got ripped off. 
    i appreciate your insight.
    If you don’t have to travel and it’s a good seat that’s kind of a decent deal these days.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 723
    Tix for MSG 2022 (pricing set in 2020, pre-Covid):
    $130
    tix for Austin 2023: $162
    tix for 2024: $180 
    it’s a lot of money but it’s not a huge percentage jump. After last year I was expecting around $175 and this is over but close. I wish they were cheaper but i don’t find it surprising.
    European fans last shows were priced at 2020 prices and the whole world changed a month after those prices were set. So the jump seems worse on EU tix but the gap is 3 years longer. 
    And it’s not like they’re spending their money on hookers and blow. Ed is extremely involved in a charity for kids with a rare skin disease. Jeff builds skateparks for rural kids. They have to pay the road crew they’ve had since the beginning. They choose to pay offset fees for their carbon footprint. 
    The whole concert industry is fucked right now. It sucks. But if PJ couldn’t fix it when they were still huge and the system wasn’t yet as bad (pre-TM/Live Nation merger for one thing) I can’t imagine what people are expecting them to do now. But people seem to lose sight of the fact they lost that fight for some reason. “Those sellouts, what happened to the band that fought Ticketmaster”? TM kicked their asses, that’s what happened.
    I think a lot of Americans (of which I am) don't realize full that the average wage in UK and much of Europe is oftentimes a lot lower than the USA. The average wage in Britain is around $38,000 give or take. It's a bit higher in Ireland. In the U.S. it's in the mid $50,000. So we're talking around $15,000 difference a year. 
    Chicago, Aug 24, 2009 
    Noblesville, May 7, 2010
    PJ20 Night 1, 2011
    Cincinnati, Oct. 1, 2014
    Milwaukee, Oct. 20, 2014
    Chicago, Sept. 5, 2023
    Chicago, Sept. 7, 2023

• Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,032

PJ Premium:

That’s accurate. 

I’m wandering for someone like myself needing one ticket and not a great club number 5xxxxx it might be worthwhile taking my shot at the verified fan?
    It definitely wouldn’t hurt to try verified fan. Depending on the show, with a little bit of effort, you’ll probably have luck upgrading through F2F if it’s just a single. 
  • Anyone else having trouble buying tickets for Barcelona - it won't let me chose the number of tickets so I can't confirm my order.  Its the same on both dates in Barcelona -have tried other countries and works fine for me everywhere else.