Dark Matter World Tour 2024

Comments

• Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,252
    kmcmanus said:
    RyGuy said:
    This is it. I’ve hit my breaking point. I’m only gonna go to the makeup Indy show. First time I will miss Wrigley but I just can’t justify spending this kind of money to travel to see PJ anymore. I have never even hesitated before. 
    $200 tickets and $50 single vinyl records. Boy has this band changed. 

Good luck to everyone who is trying for tickets. 
    Abe, just out of curiosity, how much was the pair for Indy? I'm sure it's been stated elsewhere but I'm too lazy to search for it :)
    $151 each total with all fees
    And knowing that, I was expecting $175 this year and was thus not stunned when they were $180.
    Is $29 a dealbreaker? Totally legit if it is, no judgement. But a $29 increase isn’t gonna stop me from seeing them again if I can. Someday there will be no more shows and I’ll wish for the chance to drop $180.
    I guess it is for me. For many other reasons than just the $29 increase 
  • I was gonna go for just MSG and Philly, but those are obviously going to be tough to get. For those who have been, would you recommend Fenway/Boston? I've only been to arenas, etc. 
    I've seen PJ 3x at Fenway. Lots of fun - great stadium. The sound is meh - was good when I was on the field a few rows back. Less good in the stands. But definitely a great show and usually great setlist.
    Pearl Jam: 9/4/00 7/1/03 5/30/06 6/22/08 6/24/08 6/25/08 8/23/09 8/24/09 10/28/09 10/31/09 5/20/10 10/15/13 8/7/16 9/2/18 9/4/18 9/5/23 9/7/23 8/29/24 8/31/24

Eddie Vedder: 6/15/09 6/16/11
  • matt84 said:
    Does anyone know when the general sale is for the UK dates (assuming you are successful)?
    Friday 23rd. You will receive an email next Thursday advising if you have been selected to purchase or on the waitlist 
  • So many posts here it’s hard to keep up, but a few questions if anyone can clarify:

- I’ve entered 10C ticket request, this gets drawn sometime next week? Before the other ticketmaster registration?

- the ticketmaster registration - is this for public sale or still a ‘pearl jam fan but not 10c’ presale? When is public sale?

- if I get seated tickets, I could sell them on (providing I have bank account from same country). It sounds like 10c seats won’t be great this tour.

- could buy standing tickets in public sale if I don’t like my 10c seats?

- is the number of standing tickets 10c get allocated less this tour or they just expect a much higher demand?
  • matt84 said:
    Does anyone know when the general sale is for the UK dates (assuming you are successful)?
    Friday 23rd. You will receive an email next Thursday advising if you have been selected to purchase or on the waitlist 
    Ah this answers one of my questions. So is there no public general sale like normal, you can only buy them via the registration and then wait for ticketmaster to email you?  So even if I don’t get standing via 10c even ticketmaster might be hard to get?
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,706
    Zen23 said:
    What actually happens if you don't get tickets at the Ten Club presale and then aren't one of those selected for the general presale? Will it be possible for a mere mortal to buy tickets at some point in the future? Without a registered presale code?
    Most likely F2F.

• JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,212
    You won't be able to get standing/pit tickets during the regular public sale.  You could get lucky on F2F though if you stay persistent enough. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,946
    I know that historically, the pit has been 10C only, but do we know that's still true? Seems ripe for premium pricing.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • il vecchioil vecchio Posts: 143
    JojoRice said:
    You won't be able to get standing/pit tickets during the regular public sale.  You could get lucky on F2F though if you stay persistent enough. 
    i don't think it's entirely true... i never saw Standing goes all sold out within the fan window, usually, they release tickets progressively and always keep a quote for general sale
  • matt84matt84 Posts: 716
    So many posts here it’s hard to keep up, but a few questions if anyone can clarify:

- I’ve entered 10C ticket request, this gets drawn sometime next week? Before the other ticketmaster registration?

- the ticketmaster registration - is this for public sale or still a ‘pearl jam fan but not 10c’ presale? When is public sale?

- if I get seated tickets, I could sell them on (providing I have bank account from same country). It sounds like 10c seats won’t be great this tour.

- could buy standing tickets in public sale if I don’t like my 10c seats?

- is the number of standing tickets 10c get allocated less this tour or they just expect a much higher demand?
    Manchester for example, the entire floor is GA, and you still get the warning ‘GA Pit inventory is extremely limited’. So yes, if it’s standing or nothing you’re best waiting for the general sale.  That’s what I’m doing. 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,951
    I get the ten club bashing, but I think people are undervaluing the fan to fan perk arranged for us.  We don't have to pay additional fees to Ticketmaster to use it and tickets are limited to face value.  That's a huge benefit.  If you're persistent you can score tickets on F2F and they won't be above face value.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 652
    JojoRice said:
    i don't think it's entirely true... i never saw Standing goes all sold out within the fan window, usually, they release tickets progressively and always keep a quote for general sale
    Differences between the States and Europe, I think.
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,526
    baccola said:
    The more I think about these ticket prices the sadder it makes me. It also occured to me that when so many people on this forum post about the ticket prices being too high, there is a huge problem. People on this forum are the hardcore fans and right now, for posts, at least half of the hardcore fans seem to be disappointed and in shock.

I'll add that I see the band is still giving a charitable donation for every ticket sold, at this point, with the economy being what it is, many of the fans are almost charities. Give the money back to the fans and let them decide what to do with it.

"Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning'
    Turns out 
    He's the one making waves."
    When I see those posts, the first thing I think of is, have these people gone to any concerts in the past few years?   Escalation in concert prices has been rough since covid (and already sucked before covid).   

Pearl Jam is still the cheapest tickets I'm buying this year.   U2 was 275usd for floor (would of been even more if we sat in the 100 or 200 level, those were $500usd or $400usd).  Springsteen is 500cdn for pit tickets (which we upgraded from $300cdn side stage tickets when it got rescheduled).

I feel like in the context of what's going on in the concert industry, especially with veteran artists that can fill arenas/stadiums, that the tickets aren't crazy overpriced compared to peers.   

It's just the whole industry has gone crazy.  I imagine it's a number of things, a lot to due with the pandemic, inflation, and insurance.  Those cost over everything has gone up substantially:

1)  To pay their crew a living wage, I imagine they raises the wages of the crew.
    2) I imagine all the costs with touring, transportation, gear, fuel, etc.. have all gone up.
    3) Venue costs have most likely gone up (more goes to the venue)
    4) Venues keep taking a larger cut of merch sales.
    5) I imagine insurance costs have skyrocketed to.  Look at how many veteran acts have to cancel/postpone dates due to illness now.  It can't easy or cheap to buy tour insurance any more.

I also imagine it's not all costs.  You're seeing more veteran artists adopt PJ's approach and touring less, so I think they're trying to find ways to earn their $$'s with less dates.   TM developing platinum ticketing to capture revenues that used to go scalpers was clever, but super annoying for fans.

Where I end up with all of this is.  I guess I'm lucky.  As I get older less and less of my favourite bands tour.  So while concert and hotel prices have skyrocketed, because I go to fewer shows, it doesn't have a big impact.  Whereas in the early 2000's I might of gone to Vancouver/Seattle once a month for a bigger concert, now I go to Vancouver/Seattle maybe 1-3 times a year.    I'm glad there's still things I want to go to, and dread the day I spend 0 dollars on tickets because they aren't touring anymore.
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,509
    on2legs said:
    I get the ten club bashing, but I think people are undervaluing the fan to fan perk arranged for us.  We don't have to pay additional fees to Ticketmaster to use it and tickets are limited to face value.  That's a huge benefit.  If you're persistent you can score tickets on F2F and they won't be above face value.
    But honestly why should 10c members have to go through all that. It's meant to be a privilege of membership . Not to spend months scanning for better then swapping 3 or 4 times to get better. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    edited February 14
    demetrios said:
    Weird. I called my credit card company. They said there was a $0 charge from Ticketmaster. Then removed. 

Anyone else? 

I never got any charge at all. I've been expecting the $1 ones, but nothing so far. I'm not going to worry about it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,610
    My Ten Club number is 134xxx. What are my chances for Golden Circle tickets in Berlin?
  • JackD.JackD. Posts: 519
    RW8297 said:
    My Ten Club number is 134xxx. What are my chances for Golden Circle tickets in Berlin?
    Same as mine with 6xxxxx.
    Zen23 said:
    What actually happens if you don't get tickets at the Ten Club presale and then aren't one of those selected for the general presale? Will it be possible for a mere mortal to buy tickets at some point in the future? Without a registered presale code?
    In my experience very few if any tickets make it past verified fan anymore.   The upside is fan2fan.   10c'ers not happy with seat location, people can't make it, tickets get put up for sale you snag them. It's created a sport out of upgrading seats :)
  • Gravey1975Gravey1975 Posts: 312
    matt84 said:
    General sale or the verified fan sale? You don't need to be lucky to get access to the public sale!

Based on the dates for the ballot etc, I would say the general public sale will be 23rd and the verified fan presale on 21/22.
    The general sale (which you need to be verified for) is 23rd feb for uk - there is no further sale after that by the looks unless tickets leftover when they go to verified waitlist I assume 
    Except there will be a general sale at some point (UK at least) cos there simply isn't enough Ten Club and verified fans to sell out, for instance, the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, and especially not at 160 bucks a ticket.
  • RW8297 said:
    The same as anyone else in 10C.  Seniority is for seating only.
  • I guess the registration is done so only individuals with an email address can purchase, so scalpers can’t buy loads via a single email address
  • RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,610
    RW8297 said:
    The same as anyone else in 10C.  Seniority is for seating only.
    That sucks then. Never had issues with Ten Club early entrance tickets ito Berlin shows in the past. So it's better to try to buy tickets at open Ticketmaster sale?
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,353
    Eddie would've said the same thing back then. Here he is in his 1995 SPIN magazine interview....

If you have a $55 Rolling Stones ticket and there’s a $3 to $6 service charge, okay. But ours was an $18.50 ticket, and now all of a sudden it’s a $24.00 ticket. That’s not right. I just want people to be able to see our shows. It’s extremely important that it’s available to everyone, that if they’d like to attend they’re able to. Also, when you start having $50 tickets, all of a sudden you’re changing your audience. And that’s a frightening thought, playing only to people that can afford a $50 ticket.

With inflation, a $50 ticket in 1995 is now $101, which is half of what tickets for the Dark Matter tour cost. 
    Exactly I wonder if he feels the same when he looks around and sees who’s in those platinum seats! He must of forgotten what young Ed was like 
    In 1995, he shunned celebrities and the trappings of celebrity. Now he's very comfortable in those circles. When he looks around, he sees his model wife and his pals like Sean Penn. I'm not knocking any of these people, but Ed doesn't have to look to the platinum seats to see "the haves."
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • So many posts here it’s hard to keep up, but a few questions if anyone can clarify:

As near as I can tell the Ticketmaster registration is just a Ticketmaster registration. I've had two non 10C fans register for it.
    They'll start notifying people if they were drawn for 10c tix on Wed of next week.

Those in for the Ticketmaster selection will be able to start purchasing sometime that Friday.
    98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
    Ed Solo: 17-Louisville
  • BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 652
    on2legs said:
    F2F is a blessing and a curse (to an extent for seat location). Based on how it worked for the tour last year, you could get good seats to any show if you just waited until the concert day draws closer (I know this doesn't work for some planners). There are of course exceptions to this, like MSG, but it definitely makes me less stressed about the current situation.
    on2legs said:
    But honestly why should 10c members have to go through all that. It's meant to be a privilege of membership . Not to spend months scanning for better then swapping 3 or 4 times to get better. 
    That is the counter argument of fan2fan.  It's made tickets disposable.  You can put in for whatever you want, and if you don't like them, it's easy to toss them back into the hat with no financial loss.   By making the tickets disposable, it puts the people that use their tickets at a disadvantage as they're own seats are further back.

Generally, if your tickets are going to be further back, and if you have the time/patience, you can buy better tickets from fan2fan, it kind of means that 10c membership is for a shot at GA, but if you're in the seats, as long as you have time/patience, you can get better seats from fan2fan :(

I suppose I don't really know for sure. I've gotten lucky with GA.  I think the last concert I had seats based on seniority was Vancouver 2011.  There was no Seattle show that year and I was over 20 rows back on the floor, which was the furthest I'd been at a Vancouver show.   I imagine if I pull seats this time, I'll be considerably further back than that.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,335
    PJ_Soul said:
    demetrios said:
    Weird. I called my credit card company. They said there was a $0 charge from Ticketmaster. Then removed. 

Anyone else? 

I never got any charge at all. I've been expecting the $1 ones, but nothing so far. I'm not going to worry about it.

Receive an email back from TenClub Tickets. 

• BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,353
    This is it. I’ve hit my breaking point. I’m only gonna go to the makeup Indy show. First time I will miss Wrigley but I just can’t justify spending this kind of money to travel to see PJ anymore. I have never even hesitated before. 

You have to admit that there is some privilege embedded in this. First, traveling to see a band is not something that most people are able to do. The fact that you've been able to do this for some number of years prior to this tour suggests a level of means that most people do not have. Second, anyone who is buying vinyl records at 2024 prices has money to burn. If someone is spending $35-$40 for a vinyl record that contains the same music as a $12-$15 CD, that's a luxury.

This last point is not specifically in response to you but, reading this thread, I have a feeling that at least a few people who claim that $185 tickets strain their budgets to the limit will be lined up to buy $40 posters and $20 license plates.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Do you get an email confirmation of your Ticketmaster application request for 10C pre sale?

I selected two Manchester tickets, Ticketmaster have taken £1 pending but then the screen crashed and error “Bad Request” 

Tried a second time, said it would cancel my original application and again another £1 pending transaction but “Bad Request” 
  • Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,032
    BF25394 said:

You have to admit that there is some privilege embedded in this. First, traveling to see a band is not something that most people are able to do. The fact that you've been able to do this for some number of years prior to this tour suggests a level of means that most people do not have. Second, anyone who is buying vinyl records at 2024 prices has money to burn. If someone is spending $35-$40 for a vinyl record that contains the same music as a $12-$15 CD, that's a luxury.

This last point is not specifically in response to you but, reading this thread, I have a feeling that at least a few people who claim that $185 tickets strain their budgets to the limit will be lined up to buy $40 posters and $20 license plates.
    I wonder if the increased ticket prices will make the merch flipping even worse. I’ve been out of the merch game for awhile but I know it funds some fans tour costs