Dark Matter World Tour 2024

Comments

• cbeiting said:
    Anyone remember when you had an opportunity to get two tickets. Period? 
    In what way does that differ from when there were a priorities-system?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,073
    Busch896 said:
    For those submitting lottery requests for multiple countries/legs, we're supposed to do this via two different request links right? And receive 2 separate confirmation emails and #s? I want to make sure I didn't cancel my Philly/Balt request by entering a London request. 
    UK dates were their own specific link. 

I put in for Ireland, Fenway and Manchester, and had to go through 3 different links (London was the same link as Manchester).
  • cbeitingcbeiting Posts: 80
    Not much really I guess. The difference was you got a limit on the number of shows total. I can't remember the priorities system, were you limited to two tickets per tour? 
    Member since 1996...
  • Tjm007Tjm007 Posts: 178
    KW6232 said:
    Since ticket prices have gone up, and I’m Ikinda on the edge of its worth it to me, I’d like to know if they are gonna go back to the longer sets or go with shorter ones as of the last year or so. 
    At their age, sets are only getting shorter.

Not a RHCP fan anymore (they were ok 20 years ago) - but I do recall last summer having my social media advert stream spammed with advert after advert for their gig at the Spurs ground. Am predicting exactly the same for this PJ concert (on Glastonbury weekend - lol).

If the PJ fan club forum is full of fans saying they can't justify the cost then this could be a tough venue to fill (at these prices).
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,843
    KW6232 said:
    Since ticket prices have gone up, and I’m Ikinda on the edge of its worth it to me, I’d like to know if they are gonna go back to the longer sets or go with shorter ones as of the last year or so. 
    Two of my best friends, who always came to PJ shows with me in the 2000's, gave up on them due to the ticket prices. And it's not like they can't afford them. They just think the band are greedy hypocrites. So do I, but I can look past it and still go to the show.  
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Busch896Busch896 Posts: 52
    Busch896 said:
    For those submitting lottery requests for multiple countries/legs, we're supposed to do this via two different request links right? And receive 2 separate confirmation emails and #s? I want to make sure I didn't cancel my Philly/Balt request by entering a London request. 
    UK dates were their own specific link. 

I put in for Ireland, Fenway and Manchester, and had to go through 3 different links (London was the same link as Manchester).
    Got it, thank you! 
    Philly 4-29-2016 ● NYC 9-11-2022 ● Camden 9-14-2022 ● Ft Worth 9-15-2023 ● Austin 9-18-2023 ● Philly 9-7-2024 ● Philly 9-9-2024 
  • Clare ParsonsClare Parsons Drogheda, Ireland Posts: 26
    Dublin was the first place I saw a McDonalds meal be over 10 euros (2009). 
    Is it still as expensive. hehe. Stayed at a hostel for cheap though.
    No way!!!

McDonald's meals are less than e10.  Although, I'm a vegetarian & buy the McPlant Meals I'm pretty sure a Big Mac Meal is less than e10
    Yeah, I also buy Plant based meals... but I am certain that Dublin was really expensive in 2009.... hmmmmmmmm
    2009 - the heady days post-Celtic Tiger!
    hello, good evening, welcome and goodbye
  • nshansha Posts: 6
    Can someone explain how the ten club number works? Obviously if you’ve got a good number you’re most likely to get better seats. 

But what’s a good number? Is it better if it’s very high or low? 
  • Tom Petty set an example 

• il vecchioil vecchio Posts: 143
    nsha said:
    Can someone explain how the ten club number works? Obviously if you’ve got a good number you’re most likely to get better seats. 

the lower the better, the higher the worse, it reflects the chronological order in which you signed up. So people signin' g up 15 years ago have a number lower than me as 7 years old.
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,525
    nsha said:

10c issues new numbers everytime someone signs up for a new membership.  The smaller the # the longer someone has been in the 10c, the bigger the #, the less time someone has been in the 10c.   The problem is you don't know how many memberships have been abandoned.  So how many are active.

The other issue too, is once they created seniority, the turnover rate amongst veteran 10c members got pretty low, so it's hard to make up ground even if you stay in the 10c for a while.
  • cbeiting said:
    Not much really I guess. The difference was you got a limit on the number of shows total. I can't remember the priorities system, were you limited to two tickets per tour? 
    But what does it matter, if people get shows no one else wants?

With the priority system, the ones who had concert X as their top priority were drawn against eachother. If there were tickets left and everyone at priority 1 got one, then the ones who had it at priority 2 was drawn against eachother.

Meaning, if you had the highly wanted "Eddie Vedders livingroom concert" as Priority#1, you might not get a ticket because more people had put that as 1 than there were tickets available. And if you then had "Jeff Aments jacuzzi show" at Priority#2 then you could be shit out of luck.

But if you went for concerts where tenclub had more tickets than fans wanting tickets, then you could get several shows. So there were no need to limit.

Now though, one person ca end up with all US concerts while the next guy can end up with zero. That sucks. And I do not, personally really buy into that "people found the priority system to hard" is the reason for this change. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,073
    edited February 14
    Tom Petty set an example 

He's also been dead for 7 years and things have changed since he made this statement. 
  • BL176748BL176748 Posts: 57
    bobasfeet said:
    pulling69 said:
    Wow, no help for the people that already won tickets to the cancelled Baltimore show?
    As someone in the fan club for years, I think it’s a more than reasonable request for members to address this.
    @Santos L. Halper Do you know if 10c is addressing this as promised?
    Ugh I had a great seat for that show! 

RIP Baltimore 2020

We had great seats for Charm City as well - hoping for a miracle in this go round.
  • "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • jamofpearlsjamofpearls Posts: 347
    edited February 14
    Tom Petty set an example 

To be fair...that's from 2002. A $65 ticket in 02 would cost $111 today.
    So a 2002 ticket for today's $185 would have been $108. The Stones were charging on average $119 per ticket on the Lick's Tour in 02/03
    Post edited by jamofpearls on
    98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
    Ed Solo: 17-Louisville
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,843
    edited February 14
    Eddie would've said the same thing back then. Here he is in his 1995 SPIN magazine interview....

If you have a $55 Rolling Stones ticket and there’s a $3 to $6 service charge, okay. But ours was an $18.50 ticket, and now all of a sudden it’s a $24.00 ticket. That’s not right. I just want people to be able to see our shows. It’s extremely important that it’s available to everyone, that if they’d like to attend they’re able to. Also, when you start having $50 tickets, all of a sudden you’re changing your audience. And that’s a frightening thought, playing only to people that can afford a $50 ticket.

With inflation, a $50 ticket in 1995 is now $101, which is half of what tickets for the Dark Matter tour cost. 
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • UseUrIllusionsUseUrIllusions Posts: 537
    edited February 14
    JackD. said:
    JackD. said:
    I've read everything over and over and I'm still a bit confused about when seniority kicks in if you selected a ticket option that could be standing OR seated such as London & Manchester.

Obviously it is a lottery just to get into the building.  But.... assuming you win that lottery does it mean that members with the lowest 10C numbers will be automatically allocated standing, while the higher 10C numbers will be seated?

OR, is it totally random whether you get allocated seated or standing? (With your 10C number then determining how good your seats are if you're given seats).
    That my friend is definitely not clear. And I don't think anybody really knows. My guess would be that it'll only kick in for seat allocation. But that's just a guess.
    I had the same confusion but tried to explain it to myself with sense:

Senority doesn‘t play a role in the lottery. You win or lose depending on availability not senority.

If you won and chose „GA or Seating“ they would start giving away GA. Why? Cause it would be implausible to give away Seating if others chose only that and GA is still available. If GA is gone, people who chose „GA or Seating“ or „Only Seating“ are in the same ballot and get seats by senority once they won.

So: Draw for „GA or Seating“ > give all the winners GA > Put losers in the ballot with „Only Seating“ > draw again > give winners seats by senority
    I doubt they would do two draws. If you’re selected they will give u what’s available based on your selection. Pretty simple. After that they send it over to the ten club that determine where your seats will be.
    Well they have to. If you have 1000 tickets and 2000 ticket applications, you can‘t draw 1000 because you don‘t know if under those 1000 are „enough“ to meet your supply for GA. Those 1000 could hypothetically all want seats. A demand you couldn‘t supply as part of your tickets are GA.

You have to give away GA first, therefore draw twice.
    sorry I beg to differ. Makes no sense to draw twice. 2000 applications, 1000 GA/Seats and 1000 seats applied, 200 GA available and 1800 seats. Entry 1 picked GA, system checks to see if GA is available, if not it picks the seat option. It’s a one draw system. It goes down the list picking entries and assigning what available. The system knows what u want and what is available and will assign accordingly.

Two draws implies your name can be pulled twice, which is actually unfair. If I’m pulled and there are seats available I will get one and don’t need to be entered into another draw.
    Post edited by UseUrIllusions on
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,760
    I paid $263 for a Neil Young ticket yesterday. PJ is not out of line with what their peers are charging. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • nicknyr15 said:
    So I put in for msg but only put in for the lower section. Is everyone putting in for all sections? 
    I did all sections. As you know, first 8 rows of the 200s are pretty good to get just to be in the building
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • ComeToTX said:
    I paid $263 for a Neil Young ticket yesterday. PJ is not out of line with what their peers are charging. 
    Yikes. What type of ticket?
  • Guys, they’re only playing 35 shows as a “world tour” that’s why prices are high. Green Day and Foo are charging less but they’re also playing A LOT more shows. If we got a 2006 type tour pretty sure prices would be lower.
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • JackD.JackD. Posts: 519
    JackD. said:
    JackD. said:
    I've read everything over and over and I'm still a bit confused about when seniority kicks in if you selected a ticket option that could be standing OR seated such as London & Manchester.

Obviously it is a lottery just to get into the building.  But.... assuming you win that lottery does it mean that members with the lowest 10C numbers will be automatically allocated standing, while the higher 10C numbers will be seated?

OR, is it totally random whether you get allocated seated or standing? (With your 10C number then determining how good your seats are if you're given seats).
    That my friend is definitely not clear. And I don't think anybody really knows. My guess would be that it'll only kick in for seat allocation. But that's just a guess.
    I had the same confusion but tried to explain it to myself with sense:

Senority doesn‘t play a role in the lottery. You win or lose depending on availability not senority.

If you won and chose „GA or Seating“ they would start giving away GA. Why? Cause it would be implausible to give away Seating if others chose only that and GA is still available. If GA is gone, people who chose „GA or Seating“ or „Only Seating“ are in the same ballot and get seats by senority once they won.

So: Draw for „GA or Seating“ > give all the winners GA > Put losers in the ballot with „Only Seating“ > draw again > give winners seats by senority
    I doubt they would do two draws. If you’re selected they will give u what’s available based on your selection. Pretty simple. After that they send it over to the ten club that determine where your seats will be.
    Well they have to. If you have 1000 tickets and 2000 ticket applications, you can‘t draw 1000 because you don‘t know if under those 1000 are „enough“ to meet your supply for GA. Those 1000 could hypothetically all want seats. A demand you couldn‘t supply as part of your tickets are GA.

You have to give away GA first, therefore draw twice.
    sorry I beg to differ. Makes no sense to draw twice. 2000 applications, 1000 GA/Seats and 1000 seats applied, 200 GA available and 1800 seats. Entry 1 picked GA, system checks to see if GA is available, if not it picks the seat option. It’s a one draw system. It goes down the list picking entries and assigning what available. The system knows what u want and what is available and will assign accordingly.

Two draws implies your name can be pulled twice, which is actually unfair. If I’m pulled and there are seats available I will get one and don’t need to be entered into another draw.
    Yeah sure, technically it works that way. Pulled twice is not what I described. The important part is, that you assign GA first.
    ComeToTX said:
    Yikes. What type of ticket?
    I'd be wanting to take his niece out after the show for that money.
  • romannosaintromannosaint Posts: 5
    edited February 14
    Tom Petty set an example 

He's also been dead for 7 years and things have changed since he made this statement. 
    You are absolutely correct! Artists have become greedier 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    Cobain never got to grow up or grow old. Nor did he have to watch the world change around him. Take his opinions on these things with many grains of salt. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,154
    edited February 14
    Is the reason for not having "only GA" this time around, them (tenclub) having so few GA tickets in the house available that they just want to make it easy and instead of have a bunch of people go for GA and nothing else, they force them into seat-tickets?

Or what is the reason for it?
  • il vecchioil vecchio Posts: 143
    Is the reason for not having "only GA" this time around, them having so few GA tickets in the house available that they just want to make it easy and instead of have a bunch of people go for GA and nothing else, they force them into seat-tickets?

whatever is the reason, i think it's really bad and even worse is the lack of early entry safety for 10c members
  • hadrieliahadrielia Posts: 126
    Is the reason for not having "only GA" this time around, them (tenclub) having so few GA tickets in the house available that they just want to make it easy and instead of have a bunch of people go for GA and nothing else, they force them into seat-tickets?

I would say to sell really bad seats for a really good price that no one would pay in general sale
    06/06/17 - Eddie Vedder - Hammersmith Apollo - London /////  09/06/17 - Eddie Vedder - 3Arena - Dublin ///// 19/06/18 - Pearl Jam - O2 - London ////// 10/07/18 - Pearl Jam - Palau Sant Jordi - Barcelona ////// 12/07/18 - Pearl Jam - Mad Cool Festival - Madrid ////// 14/07/18 -Pearl Jam - NOS Alive Festival - Lisbon

TM want to sell as many GC tickets as possible on secondary sites (that they own).