Dark Matter World Tour 2024

Comments

• UseUrIllusionsUseUrIllusions Posts: 537
    edited February 14
    How does 10C match your ticketmaster to your 10C number? I have two ticketmaster accounts and outside of my name nothing matches my 10 Club account. I can only assume that the link provided to ticketmaster via our 10 club profile is the key?
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • JBob87JBob87 Posts: 457
    Is the reason for not having "only GA" this time around, them having so few GA tickets in the house available that they just want to make it easy and instead of have a bunch of people go for GA and nothing else, they force them into seat-tickets?

Or what is the reason for it?
    Almost certainly yes.

TM WANTS to sell the worst seats to the most rabid fans. With the hope that they will then desperately upgrade to a PJ Premium ticket (aka more money for TM) and dump their original ticket. In markets with open resale, 10c nosebleeds were often selling for below face…as I sA with the Chicago shows (MSG is a lone and obvious exception). The rabid fan then becomes the “bag holder”, taking the loss, but it’s spread out over a few transactions and a few CC bills so it is less painful and noticeable. Alternative would be for TM to sell the nosebleeds at “market value” aka what the secondary market will bear, but under this system they sell it for full freight and the rabid fan takes the loss. 

TM wanting to unload the worst seats early to the biggest fans at full price is the reason why there is no GA only option. It’s the only thing that makes any kind of sense. 

Entire situation is a farce. Elimination of priority probably the final straw for me. 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,154
    edited February 14

It says that "GA (pista) is extremly limited" in Barcelona, but the whole floor will be GA!

What happened to the person who usually deals with this for Tenclub? Remember in 2007 when the whole floor at Wembley were only fanclub?

Any info on this @Rubysdad ?
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,154
    edited February 14
    At least Wahlbuhne in Berlin  is a "beautiful" arena where sitting up on the benches looking at the sky and trees with a beer has its charm...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Tjm007Tjm007 Posts: 178
    JBob87 said:
    Is the reason for not having "only GA" this time around, them having so few GA tickets in the house available that they just want to make it easy and instead of have a bunch of people go for GA and nothing else, they force them into seat-tickets?

Almost certainly yes.

TM WANTS to sell the worst seats to the most rabid fans. With the hope that they will then desperately upgrade to a PJ Premium ticket (aka more money for TM) and dump their original ticket. In markets with open resale, 10c nosebleeds were often selling for below face…as I sA with the Chicago shows (MSG is a lone and obvious exception). The rabid fan then becomes the “bag holder”, taking the loss, but it’s spread out over a few transactions and a few CC bills so it is less painful and noticeable. Alternative would be for TM to sell the nosebleeds at “market value” aka what the secondary market will bear, but under this system they sell it for full freight and the rabid fan takes the loss. 

TM wanting to unload the worst seats early to the biggest fans at full price is the reason why there is no GA only option. It’s the only thing that makes any kind of sense. 

Entire situation is a farce. Elimination of priority probably the final straw for me. 

You nailed it.
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,074
    Tom Petty set an example 

He's also been dead for 7 years and things have changed since he made this statement. 
    You are absolutely correct! Artists have become greedier 
    lol
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,760
    ComeToTX said:
    I paid $263 for a Neil Young ticket yesterday. PJ is not out of line with what their peers are charging. 
    Yikes. What type of ticket?
    Pit but those were cheaper than the first section behind it. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,811
    Get_Right said:
    Maybe the tickets went up so much is because the band really really likes money like most of us? There is nothing wrong with it. Some people seems to bend over backwards coming up with other reasons why prices are so high. Inflation and others reasons play a role, but if they can charge it, they might as well maximize revenue. 
    Why not all of the above?

OF course, they want to maximize their revenue and provide for their families... and they're getting older and want to play fewer shows... and they're running a business w/ employees to support... and it's expensive AF to tour post covid... I don't think it comes down to one single factor. 

It is a post COVID TM business model. They want to capture the secondary market and maximize revenue from every seat. If someone is willing to pay $400 on stubhub shouldn't the band get some of that revenue? Of course it is TM that wants that revenue and they share it with the artist. That is what is happening and that is why ticket prices are so much higher. That is why you see $800 seats on TM after the "public onsale." Those seats are not released to the public at face value. They (PJ Premium) are priced high to determine the market price and TM shares the proceeds with the artist. That is the value proposition and it is hard for the artist to say no. Companies like stubhub make millions and none of that goes to the artist. And of course, TM wants that revenue. It is not about inflation or the cost of touring IMHO.
    Agreed... I forgot to include the resale market angle - things were trending this way before COVID... IIRC Taylor Swift and other acts were buying face value tickets to their own concerts and reselling them for a greater profit well before the whole Premium ticket existed. 

Is that shady? Idk... If those seats are worth way more than what they were being sold at face value, why shouldn't the artist and other people putting on the show get that revenue as opposed to some guy sitting in his basement doing nothing but buying and selling tickets on his computer? Granted, I don't think Ticketmaster needs the money, but again... if the tickets are worth the premium price, it should be going to the people putting on the show as opposed to an entity completely unrelated to the event. 

The growth and revenue behind the resale market is as much responsible for these high prices as anything else, and that sucks for those of us who can't / won't / don't want to spend $200 a ticket, because there's no shortage of people who do. 

If PJ cared enough, maybe they could go another route and take extra steps to prevent resale and keep the ticket cost low, but OTOH it's a business for them too; and / or maybe they don't care as much as they used to and can't be bothered. 

I would guess if the resale market was small potatoes they would not care.  But it's big money.  People have been trying to stop the resale market for decades and resellers keep finding away around the controls.  For better or worse, it is now market based pricing. When you think about it, $175 is probably below market for a show like MSG.
  • So $140 for ticket and $35 for fees, etc? Is that what it possibly breaks down to?
  • Also, do they play Saturday night Live now to promote their upcoming album?
  • How much is the % to win the draw? Is it very high, high, low o very low? 
    I chose only Barcelona 1 and 2.
    Milan 2014, Trieste 2014, Milan 2018, Padua 2018, Rome 2018, Berlin 2022, Imola 2022, Frankfurt 2022, Wien 2022, Prague 2022, Amsterdam-1 2022
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,717
    This past weekend, I bought tickets for my wife and her teacher friends to go to the Bored Teachers tour show. The tickets were $32, after fees and taxes they were $46.50. 50% of the original ticket price. That is crazy.  
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI Posts: 966
    edited February 14
    JBob87 said:

Almost certainly yes.

I kinda dont understand this. If I pick GA/res and dont get the GA tix, you are saying I now will get the worst res tickets in the house? If I have a low member number wouldn't I get my res seat based on seniority? 
  • G-forceG-force Posts: 218
    These ticket prices are a bargain. Overall the actual cost to go to any of the big shows has increased 3x just since Covid.

$400 for a pair of tickets to see PJ is a steal and an incredible value.  Good luck!

G
  • Spags said:
    Spags said:
    Just tried to go in for the Berlin shows but it won't let me add any tickets. Anybody have a fix for that? I went in using the TC link and everything!

Anybody else get to this screen but it doesn't let you click the big blue plus sign to change the number of tickets? 

*Anger intensifies*
    Gotta click the check boxes before adding tickets.
    Pearl Jam: 9/4/00 7/1/03 5/30/06 6/22/08 6/24/08 6/25/08 8/23/09 8/24/09 10/28/09 10/31/09 5/20/10 10/15/13 8/7/16 9/2/18 9/4/18 9/5/23 9/7/23 8/29/24 8/31/24

Eddie Vedder: 6/15/09 6/16/11
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,526
    DEGBTI said:
    JBob87 said:

Almost certainly yes.

I kinda dont understand this. If I pick GA/res and dont get the GA tix, you are saying I now will get the worst res tickets in the house? If I have a low member number wouldn't I get my res seat based on seniority? 

Not the worst in the house, but unlike other tours over the decades, 10c no longer gets all the best seats in the house.  A solid chunk go to pj premium (platinum), and the platinum tickets tend to be good ones (not ones in the nosebleeds).  Odds are you would be sitting substantially further back then you have on previous tours.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    hadrielia said:
    Is the reason for not having "only GA" this time around, them (tenclub) having so few GA tickets in the house available that they just want to make it easy and instead of have a bunch of people go for GA and nothing else, they force them into seat-tickets?

I would say to sell really bad seats for a really good price that no one would pay in general sale
    Bingo
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,811
    Zod said:
    DEGBTI said:
    JBob87 said:

Almost certainly yes.

Not the worst in the house, but unlike other tours over the decades, 10c no longer gets all the best seats in the house.  A solid chunk go to pj premium (platinum), and the platinum tickets tend to be good ones (not ones in the nosebleeds).  Odds are you would be sitting substantially further back then you have on previous tours.

That is the biggest disappointment rather than the prices. That MSG map fully illustrates the concessions the band has made.
    Zod said:
    DEGBTI said:
    JBob87 said:

Almost certainly yes.

Understood, but I guess my question is will you get those bad seats weather you choose the GA/Res box or just went for Res only seats when you make your seating pick for the lottery?
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,779
    no doubt it sucks...I put in for (9) pairs....says around $3400.00 its absurd to think it was prob 40% less ten years ago....but in the big picture you have to take whats going on in the world as a major factor

my question is, once inflation gets under control, will prices on concert tix come down/ other products.....answer is most likely not, thats the frustrating thing....if you thought it was only a few year period to get thru, but once prices hit certain levels they rarely come back down to earth
  • JBob87JBob87 Posts: 457
    DEGBTI said:
    JBob87 said:

Almost certainly yes.

No no no. Your seat will still be assigned on seniority.

Your seat will likely be farther back than it used to be. Same as everyone else. But you will have a better seat than others commiserate with your 10c number. 

I am saying that everyone got moved further back. Many waaaaayy further back. Last year there we member #s in the 300s in the upper deck opposite corners from the stage. Anyone who joined after that, forget about it. These are the people who were most likely to go GA or bust due to high 10c #s. Whereas 2016, 2018, 2020 these people still got good reserved seats if they missed GA (2020 tour I got lower bowl for 3 shows), now they are landing the worst seats in the house and arguably overpaying to boot. 
    DEGBTI said:
    Zod said:
    DEGBTI said:
    JBob87 said:

Almost certainly yes.

Understood, but I guess my question is will you get those bad seats weather you choose the GA/Res box or just went for Res only seats when you make your seating pick for the lottery?
    I would think / hope that all seats are prioritized based on seniority regardless of your entry selection. 

If a low # member loses out on GA and then gets seated behind members with higher numbers who selected reserved seating exclusively, then there's really no point in going in for the lottery at all anymore, unless you're ok taking your chances for GA. 

Is the F2F exclusive to the 10C? 

If not, that's one more reason not to pay these dues every year. 
    JBob87 said:
    DEGBTI said:
    JBob87 said:

Almost certainly yes.

No no no. Your seat will still be assigned on seniority.

Your seat will likely be farther back than it used to be. Same as everyone else. But you will have a better seat than others commiserate with your 10c number. 

I am saying that everyone got moved further back. Many waaaaayy further back. Last year there we member #s in the 300s in the upper deck opposite corners from the stage. Anyone who joined after that, forget about it. These are the people who were most likely to go GA or bust due to high 10c #s. Whereas 2016, 2018, 2020 these people still got good reserved seats if they missed GA (2020 tour I got lower bowl for 3 shows), now they are landing the worst seats in the house and arguably overpaying to boot. 
    Yeah, my seats in St Paul last year were significantly further back than my seats in Philly in 2016. 

There may have been more 10C members in StP, with significantly less shows to get to in 2023, but man... the seats were WAY further back. 
  • This past weekend, I bought tickets for my wife and her teacher friends to go to the Bored Teachers tour show. The tickets were $32, after fees and taxes they were $46.50. 50% of the original ticket price. That is crazy.  
    So for PJ if the ticket price is $140 (for most shows) and fees are $35….that’s a 20% fee compared to thst example. That’s not bad. I think if we all saw $140 when selecting tickets, and then at checkout got charged $185 after fees and taxes, the conversation would be shifted to TM and LiveNation.
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,946
    DEGBTI said:
    Zod said:
    DEGBTI said:
    JBob87 said:

Almost certainly yes.

So, it looks like you can choose "GA/P1" or "P1". So, if you choose just "GA/P1" and don't get GA, you'll be in P1 with the others who either didn't get GA or chose just P1, and seats in P1 will be assigned by seniority.

I think the only way you'd end up behind higher numbers (assuming this all actually works correctly) is if the show also had a P2 section, you chose all three to maximize your chances, and got P2 while members with higher numbers got P1.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • What is this "PJ Premium"? Has Pearl Jam started with VIP tickets and shit now too?
  • What is this "PJ Premium"? Has Pearl Jam started with VIP tickets and shit now too?

PJ Premium:

PJ Premium seats are located in a variety of preferred locations and account for approximately 10% of ticket inventory per show. They are priced at market rate to offset increased touring costs while also keeping prices low for the rest of the ticket inventory. PJ Premium tickets will only be available through Ticketmaster Registration Sale along with regularly priced tickets. 

PJ Premium:

PJ Premium seats are located in a variety of preferred locations and account for approximately 10% of ticket inventory per show. They are priced at market rate to offset increased touring costs while also keeping prices low for the rest of the ticket inventory. PJ Premium tickets will only be available through Ticketmaster Registration Sale along with regularly priced tickets. 

Thanks. Nice to see a "we know this is a bit yucky to be a part of"-explanation for why. I appreciate that. Hah.
  • rw160510rw160510 Posts: 945
    I’m very undecided at the moment. Realistically I’m fortunate enough that I can afford a couple of tickets to each of the uk shows. That being said for 2 people, travel, hotels, meals etc makes each show at least £500 a pop so maybe a grand for 2 shows/nights out. That just feels like too much to me this time. I know the tickets are fairly priced compared to other acts in real terms. It’ll be the first full band tour of Europe I miss in 24 years if I don’t go and I think I’m ok with that this time around.
    thanks for the answers!