Dark Matter World Tour 2024

Comments

• LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 810
    JimmyV said:
    Kwieneke said:
    Kwieneke said:
    tylerj said:
    What is this "PJ Premium"? Has Pearl Jam started with VIP tickets and shit now too?
    For someone who has commented over 28,000 times, you sure do seem to not know a whole lot. 
    1. I am dumb

2. I have never heard of Pearl Jam selling premium/VIP/stage-worn instruments/ pricey meet and greets before this tour. So, in regards to Pearl Jam I see that as another bit of a crossing the rubicon move. 

i think this is tour 3 or 4 with PJ Premium
    Okey., Never seen anything about it when it came to the 2020 or the 2018 European tour. But maybe I was wearing some idealistic glasses blocking it out.
    actually to be fair, i think it was 2020 which became 2022, and then 2023. so really only 2. maybe?
    This plus Eddie and the Earthlings.
    They has premium “charity” tickets for NA 2020 when it was first being sold.  Every thing since then over here has had PJ Premium.  
    Cheeky calling it charity the first time when testing the waters
    pretty sure it was actually then (2020) for charity (Vitalogy) 
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,032
    Another Ten club suggestion.  Use previous member ticket data to reward and place fans in the Pit who have never been.
    Too much work I would assume. This machine is designed to sell as many tickets and as much merch as quickly as possible. 
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 Posts: 1,415
    edited February 14
    LaFleur said:
    If you get good seats, the price is great. The bad seats are overpriced.
    I'm not sure this is said or thought enough.  The average is probably fair.

The 1 price for all never made sense to me.  $10 or whatever difference in price levels this go around doesn't do much though.
    Yeah, the upper deck seats need to cap out around $50 to $70 like other, more popular bands--after fees it can be anywhere from $80 to $100.  I can't see them selling all these upper deck seats. I would expect entire sections to be empty until days before the show

$175 for nose bleeds is incredible.  I didn't put in for a single show for 2nd tier pricing. No panic on getting in the building.  Plenty of seats on F2F.  If no one buys the nose bleeds they will end up dropping them to like $70 day of show. You just have to be patient. 

We will see how in demand the shows are at the upper deck pricing.  Lower bowl gonna be sold though.

I wish it was more tiered to allow them to drop the prices for people with smaller budgets.  Feel bad for the people who just can't get in the door with $175 being the worst seats in the house price.

Something like this makes more sense to me:
    $200 GA
    $200 the first 2 sections / first 10 rows next to stage 
    PJ Premiums - thats fine lets concede 10% of the remaining lower bowl are premium.....
    $150 for all other lower bowl seats
    $100 for the first 5 rows of the closest 2/3 sections in upper deck
    $70 for the bad seats/side view/rear view
  • raelrael Posts: 10
    Massive Manchester promo
    Does this rule out a 2nd date?
  • matt84matt84 Posts: 716
    Decided I’m skipping the 10c lottery for Manchester. ‘GA Pit inventory is extremely limited’. It’s highly likely I’ll get seated if I’m successful. Going to try my luck with standing during the general sale.
  • MD190661MD190661 Posts: 394
    LaFleur said:

The 1 price for all never made sense to me.  $10 or whatever difference in price levels this go around doesn't do much though.
    Yeah, the upper deck seats need to cap out around $50 to $70 like other, more popular bands--after fees it can be anywhere from $80 to $100.  I can't see them selling all these upper deck seats. I would expect entire sections to be empty until days before the show

$175 for nose bleeds is incredible.  I didn't put in for a single show for 2nd tier pricing. No panic on getting in the building.  Plenty of seats on F2F.  If no one buys the nose bleeds they will end up dropping them to like $70 day of show. You just have to be patient. 

We will see how in demand the shows are at the upper deck pricing.  Lower bowl gonna be sold though.

I wish it was more tiered to allow them to drop the prices for people with smaller budgets.  Feel bad for the people who just can't get in the door with $175 being the worst seats in the house price.

$200 GA
    PJ Premiums - thats fine lets concede 10% of the remaining lower bowl are premium.....
    Your pricing is totally reasonable. And for Sacramento and maybe the first LA show, that might happen. Also, they usually sell behind the stage. Wonder if they'll do that this tour and if the prices will be the same. Probably.
    10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/16/96, 7/22/98, 10/21/01, 6/1/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 9/1/05, 7/15/06, 7/18/06, 8/28/09, 10/07/09, 10/3/12, 11/26/13, 6/18/18, 8/10/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22, 5/13/24, 5/25/24

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    edited February 14
    LaFleur said:

$200 GA

Yes. This is why I didn't register for reserved seating only. I don't actually want to increase my chances of getting a seat, because I don't want the seat that I would get! If I don't get GA, I'm actually hoping I don't get a seat, although I think the chances of that are slim unfortunately. I'd much rather choose a really good seat in the general sale than be assigned one by 10C.... And that is pretty sad. I am likely to even end up trying to unload my 10C seat via F2F and buying another ticket, we'll see. I'll probably be lucky to even find a buyer. Paying over $200 for nosebleeds or back of the floor is absolutely ridiculous. I only paid $130 for tix to Elton John, which is a bigger act, and that was the 1st row of the balcony on the aisle, which is way better than I bet I would get from 10C, unless I have a very big unexpected surprise coming with seat assignments.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Does anyone know when the general sale is for the UK dates (assuming you are successful)?
  • il vecchioil vecchio Posts: 143
    Hawk123 said:
    So after alot people wondering about early entry in European shows I think 10c should mention it there is or there is not one. Cos as it seems is not.
    I saw alot of disappointment about it around cos was one of the main benefit to have 10c tickets.
    In Australian shows it mention there is an early entry for golden circle 10c tickets
    Also another thing 10c should help to solve is wrong is the fan to fan ticket sale that give u no right to sell your ticket of u dont have a bank acount in the country of the show. So if u are Canadian and got ticket to USA or German shows fr examble and want to resell your ticket to another fan u can't if u dont have a USA or German bank acount
    I know when u buy tickets u agree to the terms but would be nice 10c to help to solve this issues
    I don’t think the bank account is a requirement anymore. I bought a pair for Chicago last year, couldn’t go and sold them on F2F. I was paid out shortly after the show using Hyperwallet. Maybe the same will apply for other countries. 
    it is specified on the faqs on ticketmaster website, so it is . Where are you from?

• LaFleur said:
    JimmyV said:
    Kwieneke said:
    Kwieneke said:
    tylerj said:
    What is this "PJ Premium"? Has Pearl Jam started with VIP tickets and shit now too?
    For someone who has commented over 28,000 times, you sure do seem to not know a whole lot. 
    1. I am dumb

2. I have never heard of Pearl Jam selling premium/VIP/stage-worn instruments/ pricey meet and greets before this tour. So, in regards to Pearl Jam I see that as another bit of a crossing the rubicon move. 

i think this is tour 3 or 4 with PJ Premium
    Okey., Never seen anything about it when it came to the 2020 or the 2018 European tour. But maybe I was wearing some idealistic glasses blocking it out.
    actually to be fair, i think it was 2020 which became 2022, and then 2023. so really only 2. maybe?
    This plus Eddie and the Earthlings.
    They has premium “charity” tickets for NA 2020 when it was first being sold.  Every thing since then over here has had PJ Premium.  
    Cheeky calling it charity the first time when testing the waters
    pretty sure it was actually then (2020) for charity (Vitalogy) 
    I don’t doubt that. It’s not now. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Hawk123 said:
    So after alot people wondering about early entry in European shows I think 10c should mention it there is or there is not one. Cos as it seems is not.
    I saw alot of disappointment about it around cos was one of the main benefit to have 10c tickets.
    In Australian shows it mention there is an early entry for golden circle 10c tickets
    Also another thing 10c should help to solve is wrong is the fan to fan ticket sale that give u no right to sell your ticket of u dont have a bank acount in the country of the show. So if u are Canadian and got ticket to USA or German shows fr examble and want to resell your ticket to another fan u can't if u dont have a USA or German bank acount
    I know when u buy tickets u agree to the terms but would be nice 10c to help to solve this issues
    I don’t think the bank account is a requirement anymore. I bought a pair for Chicago last year, couldn’t go and sold them on F2F. I was paid out shortly after the show using Hyperwallet. Maybe the same will apply for other countries. 
    it is specified on the faqs on ticketmaster website, so it is . Where are you from?

Canada, it might only be a US to Canada arrangement. Here’s the email I received before the payout. 

Our payout process for cross-border sales has changed. Instead of remitting payment via check, your payment will come from Hyperwallet, a new payment option from PayPal that allows US and Canadian sellers to get paid for cross-border sales.

We've already confirmed your transaction and payment information, and will start the payment process through Hyperwallet today. 

You'll receive two emails from Hyperwallet:

• One email includes a link to activate your account so you can access your payment.
    • The other email includes a link to track the payment status.

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Hawk123 said:
    - For fans who can’t use their tickets, Pearl Jam and Ticketmaster will offer a Fan-to-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange for every city beginning at a later date. You must have a valid bank account or debit card within the country of the event(s) in order to sell through the Fan-to-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange. Tickets identified for sale above face value on secondary marketplaces are subject to cancellation. For more info on Ticketmaster’s Fan-to-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange click here.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • LS164963LS164963 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 160
    LaFleur said:

$200 GA
    Agree with you 100% those upper deck seats at $175 will be there for a while except maybe MSG were the majority of available seats will be premium/resale market. I put in for 9 shows not 1 of them I selected 2nd tier pricing. Call me entitled, spoiled I really don't care if I can't get in at least the lower bowl I'm not going. $175 for upper deck, no thanks.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,843
    LS164963 said:
    LaFleur said:

$200 GA
    Agree with you 100% those upper deck seats at $175 will be there for a while except maybe MSG were the majority of available seats will be premium/resale market. I put in for 9 shows not 1 of them I selected 2nd tier pricing. Call me entitled, spoiled I really don't care if I can't get in at least the lower bowl I'm not going. $175 for upper deck, no thanks.
    Yeah same here. I only put in for the lower bowl/GA for the show I want to go to. If I don't get them, oh well. It's ridiculous that someone in worst seat in the house would be expected to pay the same as someone with the best seat in the house. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Electro_UKElectro_UK Posts: 123
    So basically if your preference is "standing or I'd rather not be there", you're better off waiting for general sale because chances are you'll end up being assigned a seated ticket instead of a standing, right?
    "Hey Eddie, great show-- fuck you!"
    PJ - London 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12 + 21/6/12, Isle of Wight 23/6/12, Seattle 6/12/13, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Boston 5/8/16 + 7/8/16
    Ed - London 31/7/12, Amsterdam 27/5/17 + 30/5/17, London 6/6/17 + 7/6/17
    Hawk123 said:
    - For fans who can’t use their tickets, Pearl Jam and Ticketmaster will offer a Fan-to-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange for every city beginning at a later date. You must have a valid bank account or debit card within the country of the event(s) in order to sell through the Fan-to-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange. Tickets identified for sale above face value on secondary marketplaces are subject to cancellation. For more info on Ticketmaster’s Fan-to-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange click here.
    Wow, that really sucks for travelling fans who want to upgrade or can’t end up going
  • Hi All, 

I am a new PJ Ten Club member.
    I put in a request for 6 shows, which totals to around $US 2700! The shows I requested for are: 
    Chicago New York Philly
    29-Aug31-Aug 03-Sep04-Sep 07-Sep09-Sep

I wanted to know, in your Ten Club ticket requests experience:
    1. The fact that I requested for the shows, does that mean I will get approved for all the shows? - What are the chances of that happening?
    2. In the past, whenever you requested for multiple shows you picked, did you score tickets for all?
    3. Were the tickets good? Or badly placed tickets?
    4. Do you have any experience with selling those tickets? were they easy to sell off using fan-to-fan ticket transfer?

Let me know, so that I can make a more informed, and not an emotional decision!
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,946
    Hawk123 said:
    Another Ten club suggestion.  Use previous member ticket data to reward and place fans in the Pit who have never been.
    Too much work I would assume. This machine is designed to sell as many tickets and as much merch as quickly as possible. 

^^^This. Every suggestion made in here to make this process "better" or more "fair" will fall on deaf ears, as TicketMaster doesn't care about things being good or fair as long as they make money.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • MelzombieMelzombie Posts: 200
    I prefer seats at shows. Should I put in for both- seats and GA just to have something? or just seats? I know the odds are higher to get a seat, but what does everyone put that wants a seat? 
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,781
    edited February 14
    mr_chatr said:
    Hi All, 

I put in a request for 6 shows, which totals to around $US 2700! The shows I requested for are: 
    Chicago New York Philly

1. The fact that I requested for the shows, does that mean I will get approved for all the shows? - What are the chances of that happening?
    2. In the past, whenever you requested for multiple shows you picked, did you score tickets for all?
    4. Do you have any experience with selling those tickets? were they easy to sell off using fan-to-fan ticket transfer?

1. Not Good, MSG you can only win 1 show out of 2 due to demand....getting 1 is super lucky considering less inventory this time, Philly also tough ticket especially on a saturday
    2. Depends on city, I usually get around 75% id say, except MSG...Differnet animal
    3.Depends on your 10c #/ city...if your new, i wouldnt say bad but def not the best
    4. YES, very easy to sell.....some places though not so much, Fresno ie
    Post edited by CROJAM95 on
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,074
    Melzombie said:
    I prefer seats at shows. Should I put in for both- seats and GA just to have something? or just seats? I know the odds are higher to get a seat, but what does everyone put that wants a seat? 
    If seats are your preference, just request seats. 

That way there's no chance of pulling GA tickets you don't want, and you're not taking them away from someone who does want them. 
  • I'm now assuming that as I have a charge on my credit card for my 5 choices but no e-mail confirmation after 10 hours that I'm in the ballot?

Didn't we used to get something in My Tickets to show what we'd applied for and then a Won or Lost depending on the outcome?

Brixton Academy 14/7/93, Wembley Arena 29/5/00, Wembley Arena 18/6/07, London O2 18/8/09, Hyde Park 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12, Arras 30/6/12, Werchter 5/7/14, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Mexico City 28/11/15, Toronto 10/5/16, Toronto 12/5/16,  Amsterdam 12/6/18, Amsterdam 13/6/18, London O2 18/6/18, Werchter 7/7/18, London O2 17/7/18, Werchter 30/6/22, Hyde Park 8/7/22, Hyde Park 9/7/22, Budapest 12/7/22, Prague 22/7/22, Amsterdam 24/7/22, Amsterdam 25/7/22, Dublin 22/6/24, Manchester 25/6/24, London 29/6/2024, Berlin 2/7/24, Berlin 3/7/24 
    So basically if your preference is "standing or I'd rather not be there", you're better off waiting for general sale because chances are you'll end up being assigned a seated ticket instead of a standing, right?
    Yup. It sucks!
  • MelzombieMelzombie Posts: 200
    What are the cities you think are gonna be the hardest to pull any ticket? I know MSG will be challenging. What about Fenway? I remember before the Pandemic, Baltimore was a hard one to get. 
  • mr_chatr said:
    Hi All, 

Chicago New York Philly

1. No guarantee you'll get all of them. You might. You might get half. You might get none. Impossible to know
    2. The most I've requested in one tour is 2 shows. I got both. I think I remember one member who got tickets to six shows in one tour. Again, impossible to know.
    3. Depends on your fanclub number. You said you're a new member. So likely a 700xxx+ number? Reserved tickets won't be great. But if you requested GA there's a chance you get that. But I've sat in the upper deck at MSG and still had a blast.  It's the ballparks where there are some truly bad seats with poor sound. 
    4. You shouldn't have much of a problem getting rid of MSG and Philly tickets. Again, your seats might not be great and I guess there could be a challenge in selling a $175 nosebleed ticket. But MSG is always a tough ticket and I'm sure somebody would buy it.  Wrigley it's hard to say without knowing where your seat is.  

• chukdotcomchukdotcom Posts: 709
    JojoRice said:
    This is a stupid question, but can I use my credit card for both me and my girlfriend's ticketmaster accounts? She joined the ten club to help our chances in the lottery, but I was hoping to use my credit card for both of us. I'm guessing maybe the married folks might have experience with this. 
    Yes you can.  My wife uses my credit card on her account. 
    Can I use it?
  • chukdotcomchukdotcom Posts: 709
    Melzombie said:
    I'll take whatever GA you don't want...
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,946
    Melzombie said:
    What are the cities you think are gonna be the hardest to pull any ticket? I know MSG will be challenging. What about Fenway? I remember before the Pandemic, Baltimore was a hard one to get. 

Baltimore in 2020 was on a Saturday, with no shows in Philly or Boston. I think having 2 shows in each of those cities, plus the show being on a Thursday will mitigate demand. That said, I think a lot of people who managed to get tickets in 2020 will want to be there, so demand might be a touch higher than it normally would with this schedule.

Fenway will probably be easier than most Boston shows, being that it is Sunday-Tuesday, in September, and a big venue.

MSG is always a tough get, but I think with so many of these Leg 2 shows being weeknights/Sundays after Labor Day, that Saturday show in Philly is going to be a BEAST to get tickets.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,213
    Eddie would've said the same thing back then. Here he is in his 1995 SPIN magazine interview....

If you have a $55 Rolling Stones ticket and there’s a $3 to $6 service charge, okay. But ours was an $18.50 ticket, and now all of a sudden it’s a $24.00 ticket. That’s not right. I just want people to be able to see our shows. It’s extremely important that it’s available to everyone, that if they’d like to attend they’re able to. Also, when you start having $50 tickets, all of a sudden you’re changing your audience. And that’s a frightening thought, playing only to people that can afford a $50 ticket.

With inflation, a $50 ticket in 1995 is now $101, which is half of what tickets for the Dark Matter tour cost. 
    Exactly I wonder if he feels the same when he looks around and sees who’s in those platinum seats! He must of forgotten what young Ed was like 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,781
    mr_chatr said:
    Hi All, 

Chicago New York Philly

1. No guarantee you'll get all of them. You might. You might get half. You might get none. Impossible to know
    2. The most I've requested in one tour is 2 shows. I got both. I think I remember one member who got tickets to six shows in one tour. Again, impossible to know.
    3. Depends on your fanclub number. You said you're a new member. So likely a 700xxx+ number? Reserved tickets won't be great. But if you requested GA there's a chance you get that. But I've sat in the upper deck at MSG and still had a blast.  It's the ballparks where there are some truly bad seats with poor sound. 
    4. You shouldn't have much of a problem getting rid of MSG and Philly tickets. Again, your seats might not be great and I guess there could be a challenge in selling a $175 nosebleed ticket. But MSG is always a tough ticket and I'm sure somebody would buy it.  Wrigley it's hard to say without knowing where your seat is.  

MSG people would buy any ticket