Options

Dark Matter World Tour 2024

Comments

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,417
    I know it seems dramatic to complain about this….. But this system is obviously getting worse and worse right? I feel like not being able to select priority or at least a hometown show, seems kind of insane. 
    I guess if anything, it’s frustrating I can get better seats, for “bigger” bands without being in their fan club. Part of that is the amount of dates maybe, but man…. 

I feel it is.  The lack of choosing priority is an odd one.  Platinum tickets have pushed 10c seats further back.  Not being able to choose GA only, makes a lot of people get ticket they don't want (pushing fans further back).  Fan2Fan makes tickets disposable and easy to get rid of.

I mean I've still done amazing well in my 25 years in the 10c.  I've missed out once on 10c tickets, but the lotto and 10c tickets seem to be not done quite as well as they were several years ago.
  • Options
    chukdotcomchukdotcom Posts: 654
    Since Dublin is only GA, do we think that will be an easy ticket?
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,913
    Get_Right said:
    BF25394 said:
    Frumpy said:
    goldrush said:
    $296.94 for one ticket here in Australia. Fuck me.  :o

I guess I should have put $1 a week in my piggy bank for each of the 524 weeks since they last played here...

Yeah shocked me how much they were. And with 10c tickets, you're as much a chance to get seated tickets to the side than you are in the front of GA (and have to commit to buy a ticket not knowing what you'll get). Ill wait for GA tickets to become available. If i can get a GA ill get a ticket, if i can only get a seat i wont go, not for $300. 

For a band that used to complain about tickets being $20 for a show, they're happy to charge $300 and they dont even need the money these days 

Edit: I was hoping they'd do a day on the green concert
    I'm pretty sure the $20 figure you cite was in U.S. dollars. (Jeff and Stone did not, as far as I'm aware, testify in front of a subcommittee of the Australian Parliament.) The 2024 shows are not $300 U.S. They are under $200 U.S. Some of that is due to inflation ($20 in 1993 is about $42 in 2024). Some of that is that the overall cost of putting on a show and tour are much more expensive than it was in 1993. Crew costs more, insurance costs more, travel expenses cost more, touring in an ecologically sound way costs more. Also, in 1993, bands could make a living off of their music in a way that very few can anymore. By way of comparison: Vs. sold 950,000 copies in its first week of release in 1993; Dark Matter will probably sell fewer than 50,000 copies in its first week. Streaming pays artists a trickle, and that's if the distributors even pass all of it on to the artists. (They often don't, and it is very difficult for an artist to get transparency in this area.) Touring and touring-related merchandise is where an artist like Pearl Jam makes the lion's share of its income in 2024. And the money doesn't just all go into the five primary band member's pockets. They are essentially running a small business with employees handling various aspects of the business, and those people need to earn a living, too.

That is part of the reason.  I believe the main driver of higher ticket prices is the secondary market. Bands and TM are capturing the revenue generated by sellers like stubhub. TM wants to capture the millions of dollars that is made by resellers. If someone is willing to pay $400 on stubhub, why shouldn't the band get that revenue? That is the value proposition that TM presents to the artist and it is tough for them to say no.
    Excellent point.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,807
    edited February 14
    Personal observations
    - They allotted more tickets for fan club members, but with more tickets that means more people in front of you because of seniority
    - They introduced Premium tickets to offset lower prices for 10c members who continue to get close seats (or GA) for $150
    - Premium tickets may have been a tradeoff to secure more fan club tickets and/or the F2F marketplace
    - F2F has been an amazing way to grab tickets if you miss out on the presales

It's always been a gamble on ticket sales, 10c or not. While it was fun to play the "GA or bust" strategy, I've taken my show selection more seriously and that may be helping reduce the number of people requesting random shows vs people who really want to go to one in their city.
  • Options
    blairs1blairs1 Ontario, Canada Posts: 189
    I’m Canadian submitting for shows in Canada and USA. I used a different card for each lotto submission (my USA request is on a no-forex card whereas my Canadian request was my normal card. Would this raise suspicion?
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,522
    blairs1 said:
    I’m Canadian submitting for shows in Canada and USA. I used a different card for each lotto submission (my USA request is on a no-forex card whereas my Canadian request was my normal card. Would this raise suspicion?
    It shouldn’t.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    OK, so I feel really stupid for asking...

Been a bit confused with the Ticketmaster/10C "presale" stuff today - that there are two different registrations...a 10C lottery for 10C seats designated by seniority, and a Ticketmaster registration for the opportunity to buy tickets during the general onsale. I only wanted to sign up for 10C seats. I understand how both things work, but I only saw one link. I signed up for what I thought was the 10C lottery. I was able to choose which tier of seats I wanted and got a confirmation email from Ticketmaster with a 10C banner at the top so I assume I signed up for the correct one. Did I???

Again, I usually know without a doubt how this stuff works but this is the first time in my life I haven't been 100% sure.

Thanks.
    San Francisco, CA 05/15/92 07/16/06
    Mountain View, CA 07/18/92 10/02/94 10/31/00 06/01/03 10/26/03
    San Jose, CA 10/30/93 11/04/95
    Sacramento,CA 07/16/98
    Knoxville, TN 09/06/98
    Oakland, CA 11/26/13  05/12/22
    Seattle, WA 08/10/18

• Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,976
    edited February 14
    Pearl Jam books two Vancouver shows to open new world tour

PEARL JAM TO PLAY VANCOUVER

Brendan Kergin / Vancouver is Awesome - Feb 13, 2024 / 12:17 pm | Story: 472173
    Photo: Pearl Jam/Facebook
    Pearl Jam return to Vancouver for two concerts at Rogers Arena opening up their Dark Matter World Tour here as they support the first Pearl Jam album since 2020.

Pearl Jam appears to have been alive and busy recently, with a new tour and music announced on the same day.

The band, one of the biggest to come from our American neighbours in Seattle, is launching their newest world tour not from their hometown, but from downtown Vancouver. They'll be in town on the future days of May 4 and 6, 2024.

"Their global tour, hitting nine countries and 25 cities, kicks off at Rogers Arena in Vancouver, British Columbia, and will cover much of North America including shows at Wrigley Field, Madison Square Garden, Fenway Park," states Live Nation in a media release.

The tour announcement was paired with the release of a new single from their forthcoming Dark Matter album (due to be released on April 19).

Opening for Pearl Jam in Vancouver will be Deep Sea Diver, a Seattle band founded by and led by Jessica Dobson (who joined The Shins for a spell and has played with Beck, Spoon, and the Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs).

Those wanting tickets will have to take a moment and just breathe.

There will be a presale for the band's fan club, the Ten Club (as long as they were members before Feb. 12).

To make sure there's an evenflow of tickets, they'll be available through a registration system on TicketMaster; registration for North America is open now and will remain open until Sunday, Feb. 18. On Feb. 22, people who registered will be told if they were chosen to buy tickets for the concert they selected or if they've been waitlisted.

The band is also using the fan-to-fan face value exchange program from TicketMaster for the resale of tickets to help deter scalpers.

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/472173/Pearl-Jam-books-two-Vancouver-shows-to-open-new-world-tour

**cute huh?** except they meant to say: resellers not scalpers 😀

Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,267
    Luckytwn1 said:
    Mawky1103 said:
    demetrios said:
    EH14457 said:
    demetrios said:
    I'm confused on the Seattle seating chart. Club 1, 26, 14 & 15 are not available?

That looks right. I would guess they're being reserved for Kraken season ticket holders and Climate Pledge donors/sponsors.

Ok. But what about MSG ? :o

That is Blanking nuts. 
    Where are those grey section tickets going and how are they being sold? Is that for the general sale? seems like years past 10C seats had a lot of those.
    Yes, in LA and MSG, both venues often played by the band, the 10C seats will be radically different on this tour than previous ones. I have a 5 digit number and if I'm not GA, I've always been the first side section on either side. This time, low numbers who don't get pit will presumably be placed front rows on the floor behind the pit.
    Unless they put in for the p2 draw, it’s conceivable the best fan club numbers could be winning tickets in the 200s. Looking at that seating chart with a huge portion of sections available being in 200s, not putting in for the p2 draw at MSG could significantly reduce the chances to get tickets.
  • Options
    riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    Might be a dumb question - 

GA is still random correct? It’s not part of seniority? I couldn’t find it in the info released today. 

Thanks! 
  • Options
    Spunkie said:

Pearl Jam return to Vancouver for two concerts at Rogers Arena opening up their Dark Matter World Tour here as they support the first Pearl Jam album since 2020.

Pearl Jam appears to have been alive and busy recently, with a new tour and music announced on the same day.

The band, one of the biggest to come from our American neighbours in Seattle, is launching their newest world tour not from their hometown, but from downtown Vancouver. They'll be in town on the future days of May 4 and 6, 2024.

"Their global tour, hitting nine countries and 25 cities, kicks off at Rogers Arena in Vancouver, British Columbia, and will cover much of North America including shows at Wrigley Field, Madison Square Garden, Fenway Park," states Live Nation in a media release.

The tour announcement was paired with the release of a new single from their forthcoming Dark Matter album (due to be released on April 19).

Opening for Pearl Jam in Vancouver will be Deep Sea Diver, a Seattle band founded by and led by Jessica Dobson (who joined The Shins for a spell and has played with Beck, Spoon, and the Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs).

There will be a presale for the band's fan club, the Ten Club (as long as they were members before Feb. 12).

To make sure there's an evenflow of tickets, they'll be available through a registration system on TicketMaster; registration for North America is open now and will remain open until Sunday, Feb. 18. On Feb. 22, people who registered will be told if they were chosen to buy tickets for the concert they selected or if they've been waitlisted.

The band is also using the fan-to-fan face value exchange program from TicketMaster for the resale of tickets to help deter scalpers.

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/472173/Pearl-Jam-books-two-Vancouver-shows-to-open-new-world-tour

Cute, yes, but someone should tell them that "Even Flow" is the two-word title of the Pearl Jam song. There was no need to turn it into a non-existent compound single word.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,425
    OK, so I feel really stupid for asking...

Been a bit confused with the Ticketmaster/10C "presale" stuff today - that there are two different registrations...a 10C lottery for 10C seats designated by seniority, and a Ticketmaster registration for the opportunity to buy tickets during the general onsale. I only wanted to sign up for 10C seats. I understand how both things work, but I only saw one link. I signed up for what I thought was the 10C lottery. I was able to choose which tier of seats I wanted and got a confirmation email from Ticketmaster with a 10C banner at the top so I assume I signed up for the correct one. Did I???

Again, I usually know without a doubt how this stuff works but this is the first time in my life I haven't been 100% sure.

Thanks.

If your screen looked like the first image when you selected your shows, you did the correct one. (Sounds like you did, since you chose seating tiers).  
    The second image is the sign up for the general public sale thru TM.
  • Options
    LizJLizJ Posts: 343
    riley540 said:
    Might be a dumb question - 

GA is still random correct? It’s not part of seniority? I couldn’t find it in the info released today. 

Thanks! 
    Yes, GA is not based on seniority.
    But check first if there is a "GA only"-ticketing option for the show you want to see, if you only want GA.

For the shows I checked there was only a combined "GA or reserved seating" option. Means that you might end up not geting GA, but with seats, that then again would be assigned to members based on seniority. 
  • Options
    bosshogg18bosshogg18 Tacoma, WA Posts: 1,085
    PJ_Soul said:
    Pretty expensive tix IMO, but I just decided to register for singles and go to the shows with me, myself and I. I am VERY EXCITED!!!!! I've never been to a PJ tour opener before - it'll be fun to see them shake off the rust and work out the kinks, lol.
    Where is the option to select quantity of tickets requested? 
  • Options
    FílexFílex San Sebastian Posts: 25
    Fílex said:

Hi there!
    Is this Ten Club Lottery or verified fan presale?
    (I think Verified Fan Presale is directly via Ticketmaster, not via Ten Club)
    Can you, please, confirm?

(2006) Barcelona, Lisboa I & II, Madrid (2007) Lisboa, Madrid, Düsseldorf (2009) Manchester (2010) London, Arras, Bilbao (2012) Arras (2014) Amsterdam I & II (2018) London I, Barcelona, Madrid (2022) Oakland I, Zürich, Frankfurt, London I & II, Paris
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,976
    BF25394 said:
    Spunkie said:

Cute, yes, but someone should tell them that "Even Flow" is the two-word title of the Pearl Jam song. There was no need to turn it into a non-existent compound single word.
    I like you. Again, Instantly!
  • Options
    LizJLizJ Posts: 343
    Ok, so do I understand this correctly?

If I only want GA-tickets, I need to try the public sale, as there is no "GA only"- option (at least for the shows I want to see) for 10C?

And if I would want GA with early entry, then my only chances are either finding someone that had luck geting GA in the 10C draw and would be looking for a ticket buddy or finding 10C-GA-tickets on F2F, right?

• Options
    baccolabaccola Posts: 7
    These prices really hurt. I know they can’t go back to the days of $25. Now I long for the days of the $100 tickets.  I’m afraid this tour maybe  the end of the road for me. Hopefully not but I really fear what prices will be next tour.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,766
    edited February 14
    LizJ said:
    Ok, so do I understand this correctly?

If I only want GA-tickets, I need to try the public sale, as there is no "GA only"- option (at least for the shows I want to see) for 10C?

And if I would want GA with early entry, then my only chances are either finding someone that had luck geting GA in the 10C draw and would be looking for a ticket buddy or finding 10C-GA-tickets on F2F, right?

If you're not in North America, and want tox for shows where the whole floor is GA, yeah. But where there is just a GA pit (like in all of North America, and apparently in London too, and maybe other places), tix won't be available in the general sale. They are for 10C members only. There is literally no way to just go for GA tix anymore, unfortunately.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Spunkie said:
    BF25394 said:
    Spunkie said:

I like you. Again, Instantly!
    Congratulations on your imminent 5,000th post.
  • Options
    seanclaxseanclax Posts: 416
    Anyone else not had a charge on there card yet.
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 2,051
    seanclax said:
    I have two pre-authorisations (one for UK tickets, one for Spain) showing on the ‘pending payments’ section of my app. 
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 785
    Can’t wait! 
  • Options
    Frumpy said:
    goldrush said:
    $296.94 for one ticket here in Australia. Fuck me.  :o

I guess I should have put $1 a week in my piggy bank for each of the 524 weeks since they last played here...

Yeah shocked me how much they were. And with 10c tickets, you're as much a chance to get seated tickets to the side than you are in the front of GA (and have to commit to buy a ticket not knowing what you'll get). Ill wait for GA tickets to become available. If i can get a GA ill get a ticket, if i can only get a seat i wont go, not for $300. 

For a band that used to complain about tickets being $20 for a show, they're happy to charge $300 and they dont even need the money these days 

Edit: I was hoping they'd do a day on the green concert
    Yep. Usually, I'd look at multiple shows but with only Arena shows and for basically $300 a pop not sure I'll bother with that. Don't like this "PJ Premium" seats business much either. You'd think $300 a seat would eliminate the need for Premium seats. Have been a fan club member for a very long time now, only reason to have membership is concerts. After 10 years since the "Big Day Out" shows it's certainly a little disappointing to get 3 dates on the East Coast only, sorry Perth and Adelaide you didn't make the cut. 
    Australia has sadly always been on the wrong side of the World with pricing and shipping from 10C - $120AUD for a vinyl with $40 shipping.  Links to overseas pre-orders for a single that have sold out. What we always had until 2014 was great concert tours. 
    Oh well, I guess no one is getting any younger, so keep the tours short and as profitable as possible, and after the nightmare of getting Taylor Swift tickets for my girls for East coast shows in Aus I guess I shouldn't complain.
  • Options
    seanclaxseanclax Posts: 416
    tino_11 said:
    seanclax said:
    I have two pre-authorisations (one for UK tickets, one for Spain) showing on the ‘pending payments’ section of my app. 
    I've put in for uk and barca shows but had nothing on my card
  • Options
    FBechFBech Sevilla Posts: 28
    I joined the 10 club six months ago. In Europe, it is possible to get a good seat in the 10 Club presale? or is it going to be based on senioroty
  • Options
    HZ245969HZ245969 Posts: 10

After sleeping a night to think about the ticket prices for a show, I'm not willing to pay 175€ as a Ten Club member. Like many others, I've been a fan my whole life. I traveled all across Europe to see the shows. I stood in line for hours to buy shirts and posters and to get a place in front of the stage. The fact that you now want 175€ from the most loyal fans in the world is a slap in the face. This has nothing to do with the values that you always tell your fans like a mantra. This is really a big disappointment.

• Options
    Gravey1975Gravey1975 Posts: 307
    London show seems like it will be feast or famine. Tons of seated seats and not a lot of GA. Lots of people putting in for GA and then getting seats and needing to sell them. Any maybe having to eat them...This one feels risky if you are GA or bust.
    Yeah there are potentially gonna be a lot of seated resale tickets. If I get seated I have to consider whether to try for GA in the ticketmaster verified fan sale (and be hundreds of pounds out of pocket for a while). Guess it'll depend how good the seats are. If you're in the GA area behind a golden circle it can be worse than a good seat.
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,822
    HZ245969 said:

After sleeping a night to think about the ticket prices for a show, I'm not willing to pay 175€ as a Ten Club member. Like many others, I've been a fan my whole life. I traveled all across Europe to see the shows. I stood in line for hours to buy shirts and posters and to get a place in front of the stage. The fact that you now want 175€ from the most loyal fans in the world is a slap in the face. This has nothing to do with the values that you always tell your fans like a mantra. This is really a big disappointment.

I've heard so many the same and I agree. Many friends txt me saying can't afford it. I new before I couldn't at any price but these prices they run the risk of not selling out a spurs 60.000 . In a way I hope they don't to prove a point. It's not cool to do this to loyal fans.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,569
    seanclax said:
    Nothing on mine, but I got the confirmation email, so I think it's all good.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus