Options

Dark Matter World Tour 2024

Comments

• Options
    CornishManCornishMan Cornwall, UK Posts: 442
    I've read everything over and over and I'm still a bit confused about when seniority kicks in if you selected a ticket option that could be standing OR seated such as London & Manchester.

Obviously it is a lottery just to get into the building.  But.... assuming you win that lottery does it mean that members with the lowest 10C numbers will be automatically allocated standing, while the higher 10C numbers will be seated?

OR, is it totally random whether you get allocated seated or standing? (With your 10C number then determining how good your seats are if you're given seats).
    London #1 2000, Reading 2006, London 2007, London 2009, London 2010, Manchester #1 2012, Manchester #2 2012, Manchester 2012 (EV), Milton Keynes 2014, London #2 2017 (EV), London #1 2018, London #2 2018, London #1 2022, London #2 2022.
  • Options
    seanclaxseanclax Posts: 275
    seanclax said:
    Anyone else not had a charge on there card yet.
    Nothing on mine, but I got the confirmation email, so I think it's all good.
    Yeah I'm the same
  • Options
    Gravey1975Gravey1975 Posts: 279
    I've read everything over and over and I'm still a bit confused about when seniority kicks in if you selected a ticket option that could be standing OR seated such as London & Manchester.

Obviously it is a lottery just to get into the building.  But.... assuming you win that lottery does it mean that members with the lowest 10C numbers will be automatically allocated standing, while the higher 10C numbers will be seated?

OR, is it totally random whether you get allocated seated or standing? (With your 10C number then determining how good your seats are if you're given seats).
    That my friend is definitely not clear. And I don't think anybody really knows. My guess would be that it'll only kick in for seat allocation. But that's just a guess.
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,572
    broe01 said:
    You guys actually think these prices are high?  They're really not.
    You must be kidding..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    broe01 said:
    The European prices for a GA ticket are expensive for a Swede. In what way would they not be?
    Imagine how mush expensive is for a Greek..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,118
    Prices are extortionate. No arguement there. 
    And stadiums. You will pay 160 to watch on a screen surrounded buy drunk casual fans.  In a way I'm glad I have no money so I'm out before I have to be priced out.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    CornishManCornishMan Cornwall, UK Posts: 442
    edited February 14

That my friend is definitely not clear. And I don't think anybody really knows. My guess would be that it'll only kick in for seat allocation. But that's just a guess.
    Yeah it's definitely not clear.  Would be handy if they would tell us this so we can make an informed decision for which shows you're better off trying for.
    Post edited by CornishMan on
    London #1 2000, Reading 2006, London 2007, London 2009, London 2010, Manchester #1 2012, Manchester #2 2012, Manchester 2012 (EV), Milton Keynes 2014, London #2 2017 (EV), London #1 2018, London #2 2018, London #1 2022, London #2 2022.
  • Options
    LuigiCSLuigiCS Posts: 13
    There it is...the point where live music becomes a privilege for a chosen few.  
    2006: Turin - Pistoia| 2010: Venice | 2012: Berlin | 2014: Milan - Trieste | 2018: London - Milan - Padua | 2022: Zurich
  • Options
    il vecchioil vecchio Posts: 143
    johanypma said:
    No ‘GA only’ option counts me out for the 10C lottery. I don’t want to end up with seats in Tottenham Stadium. Maybe will give it a try in the general sale.
    especially if there is no 10c early entry...

Pretty sure they'll be a golden circle for 10c wristbands only
    one thing is what you say and what most of us think, another one is that for the first time, they do not specify this...
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    broe01 said:
    You must be kidding..
    They are high. Like 100gbp higher than Hyde park and, more direct comparison last o2 gigs in 2018.
    They’re also high vs other acts 
    I’m paying half this for foo fighters, green day this summer 
    I’m also paying the same amount for Springsteen, front standing, in a smaller stadium than the London show and in Sweden. 
    However, I’m still planning on Manchester (45m drive) and London (although for London will probably drive now also rather than the expense of a hotel on top of a 160 gbp ticket so I can afford to do this). At these prices, a Berlin or Barcelona on top is out of the question which is a shame but hey ho.
  • Options
    I think some people were asking about Early Entry. On the following TM tour info page there is an FAQ at the bottom:
    https://blog.ticketmaster.com/pearl-jam-tour-2024/

One of the questions:
    What is the GA Pit or Reserved - Standing or Seating option?

Select this option if you are willing to stand in GA or sit through the show as you may be selected for either. If selected for GA standing tickets, you will receive early entry at a predetermined GA only door, at venues where early entry is permitted. If selected for Reserved Seating, your tickets will be assigned based on seniority in Ten Club.

GA is early entry compared to seats, yes. There won’t be a early entry GA and a regular entry GA.
    exactly my thought. But you reckon with me that there was early entry GA for 10c in previous torus, compared to normal GA general sale entry, right. And this is gone for sure now?
  • Options
    HZ245969 said:

After sleeping a night to think about the ticket prices for a show, I'm not willing to pay 175€ as a Ten Club member. Like many others, I've been a fan my whole life. I traveled all across Europe to see the shows. I stood in line for hours to buy shirts and posters and to get a place in front of the stage. The fact that you now want 175€ from the most loyal fans in the world is a slap in the face. This has nothing to do with the values that you always tell your fans like a mantra. This is really a big disappointment.

I've heard so many the same and I agree. Many friends txt me saying can't afford it. I new before I couldn't at any price but these prices they run the risk of not selling out a spurs 60.000 . In a way I hope they don't to prove a point. It's not cool to do this to loyal fans.
    100% right..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    23scidoo said:
    broe01 said:
    You must be kidding..
    They are high. Like 100gbp higher than Hyde park and, more direct comparison last o2 gigs in 2018.
    I’m also paying the same amount for Springsteen, front standing, in a smaller stadium than the London show and in Sweden. 
    However, I’m still planning on Manchester (45m drive) and London (although for London will probably drive now also rather than the expense of a hotel on top of a 160 gbp ticket so I can afford to do this). At these prices, a Berlin or Barcelona on top is out of the question which is a shame but hey ho.
    I paid 80euros for good seats in Cologne for Toll this summer..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    JackD.JackD. Posts: 485
    edited February 14

I had the same confusion but tried to explain it to myself with sense:

Senority doesn‘t play a role in the lottery. You win or lose depending on availability not senority.

If you won and chose „GA or Seating“ they would start giving away GA. Why? Cause it would be implausible to give away Seating if others chose only that and GA is still available. If GA is gone, people who chose „GA or Seating“ or „Only Seating“ are in the same ballot and get seats by senority once they won.

So: Draw for „GA or Seating“ > give all the winners GA > Put losers in the ballot with „Only Seating“ > draw again > give winners seats by senority
  • Options
    LostDog_72LostDog_72 London Posts: 74
    23scidoo said:
    broe01 said:
    You must be kidding..
    Exactly this.

The "P" in PJ now seems to stand for Premium.

Ticket prices are way higher than most other stadium or arena bands (in the UK at least), with no guarantee you will get a standing GA ticket. Recent examples: Foos, Green Day, GnR, Blur, Bruce Springsteen, Arctic Monkeys....

I've forked out £37 for Dark Matter on vinyl, when most vinyls are in the £20-25 range. 

I'm fully expecting tour shirts to be £50
  • Options
    chittychitty Posts: 604
    edited February 14
    Zod said:
    I know it seems dramatic to complain about this….. But this system is obviously getting worse and worse right? I feel like not being able to select priority or at least a hometown show, seems kind of insane. 
    I guess if anything, it’s frustrating I can get better seats, for “bigger” bands without being in their fan club. Part of that is the amount of dates maybe, but man…. 

I feel it is.  The lack of choosing priority is an odd one.  Platinum tickets have pushed 10c seats further back.  Not being able to choose GA only, makes a lot of people get ticket they don't want (pushing fans further back).  Fan2Fan makes tickets disposable and easy to get rid of.

I mean I've still done amazing well in my 25 years in the 10c.  I've missed out once on 10c tickets, but the lotto and 10c tickets seem to be not done quite as well as they were several years ago.

I have only had good luck in the past with 10c. Hence why I pay the money every year. However, definitely, for drastically higher price tickets we get less benefit as 10c members. Really the only reason for 10c is best access to seats and this tour I am not sure that value is there. We can't designate between GA and seats like before nor priortize which show we want, all of which increases the variability of what ticket you will get. Again at a premium price. 
    Hope I am wrong and I get GA or great seats for both Vancouver shows. Time will tell.
    Also their shows are much shorter then before.......
    Post edited by chitty on
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,172
    edited February 14
    Is this the 

LET THEM EAT CAKE

era

of 

Pearl Jam?

Merch will for sure be hiked up. Vedder took ~48 euros for his single Earthling LP here in Sweden
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Zen23Zen23 Posts: 352
    "Selection is random and is not a measure of whether someone is a big fan. There are usually more registered fans than available tickets, so a limited number of fans get access to the sale, while others have to be put on the waiting list. The number of fans who get access depends on the number of tickets currently available - this is to help ensure that fans have a better buying experience."

When I read these sentences on the German Ticketmaster page for the official presale, I felt sick to my stomach. Seriously. We're talking about a "normal" presale for everyone. Oh. My mistake. Not for everyone.

The effort to keep bots and profiteers away in all honor. But at the expense of fans who aren't even allowed to take part in an official ticket presale because Ticketmaster decides so? Firstly, at its own discretion after scanning your account. And then at random.

I feel sick. I feel even worse, especially with the last sentence:

"The number of fans who gain access will depend on the number of tickets currently available - this is to help ensure that fans have a better buying experience."

The Waldbühne Berlin can hold 22,000 people. Times two makes 44,000 people. 44,000 tickets minus the Ten Club tickets and the tickets held back for business partners equals the number of fans who will even get the chance to take part in the official pre-sale. And even they will first have to join a queue on February 23.

How many people do you think will register for the two Berlin shows alone? Just looking at the fact that they are the only two shows in the "north" of Europe. Fans from Eastern Europe. Benelux. Italy. Switzerland. Austria. How many of you will be rejected at this official presale?

"Better buying experience"? What a sick piece of crap.
  • Options
    While I get the ticket prices are high, I am more annoyed that you have pre register, and then you have wait in some sort of lottery like we are some sort of part time Taylor swift fan?  I mean lets face it most of us are in our 30, 40, 50's who are going to these shows.   WE just want to buy the ticket and know where we are sitting or standing.... its greed and madness 
  • Options
    bertanbertan Posts: 266
    edited February 14
    Just to be absolutely sure. For the London show, if we apply for "GA or seated" and end up getting seated tickets, we have the option to sell them through Ticketmaster Fan-to-Fan, right?
    Post edited by bertan on
    "hey na na na na hey that's something"

30.09.2006 Athens | 18.06.2007 London | 18.08.2009 London | 05.07.2014 Werchter | 17.07.2018 London | 08.07.2022 London
  • Options
    edited February 14
    X
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Zen23Zen23 Posts: 352
    She is not talking about the fan club lottery. She's talking about the official presale for "everyone".
  • Options
    LostDog_72LostDog_72 London Posts: 74
    bertan said:
    Just to be absolutely sure. For the London show, if we apply for "GA or seated" and end up getting seated tickets, we have the option to sell them through Ticketmaster Fan-to-Fan, right?
    Yes, but how easy they are to sell will depend on where the seats are
  • Options
    edited February 14
    Zen23 said:
    She is not talking about the fan club lottery. She's talking about the official presale for "everyone".
    Ah okey. Well, big acts follow the same standards to be the "most" fare they can to fans.

A lot of scalpers buy Pearl Jam tickets. It's not just "us 50 year old fans"
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    bertanbertan Posts: 266
    bertan said:

Thank you
    "hey na na na na hey that's something"

30.09.2006 Athens | 18.06.2007 London | 18.08.2009 London | 05.07.2014 Werchter | 17.07.2018 London | 08.07.2022 London
  • Options
    JackD. said:

I had the same confusion but tried to explain it to myself with sense:

Senority doesn‘t play a role in the lottery. You win or lose depending on availability not senority.

If you won and chose „GA or Seating“ they would start giving away GA. Why? Cause it would be implausible to give away Seating if others chose only that and GA is still available. If GA is gone, people who chose „GA or Seating“ or „Only Seating“ are in the same ballot and get seats by senority once they won.

So: Draw for „GA or Seating“ > give all the winners GA > Put losers in the ballot with „Only Seating“ > draw again > give winners seats by senority
    this looks alright to me, but is just your guess, no official or insight info right?
  • Options
    bertan said:
    yes but it is specified, you can only sell ticket if you have bank account from the country where the gig is...
  • Options
    IlianDL7IlianDL7 Belgium Posts: 23
    ps...THE MURDER CAPITAL ..SUPPORT .IN EUROPE SHOWS..MOST EPIC IDEA EVER!!!
    Saw them in Antwerp a while ago, was a very small venue. Managed to get under the arm of the singer and sing a bit with him during Slowdance. Amazing band, people will be surprised!
    Werchter '14
    Werchter '18
    Werchter '22
    Budapest '22
    Amsterdam N2 '22
  • Options
    LizJLizJ Posts: 338
    PJ_Soul said:
    LizJ said:
    Ok, so do I understand this correctly?

If I only want GA-tickets, I need to try the public sale, as there is no "GA only"- option (at least for the shows I want to see) for 10C?

And if I would want GA with early entry, then my only chances are either finding someone that had luck geting GA in the 10C draw and would be looking for a ticket buddy or finding 10C-GA-tickets on F2F, right?

If you're not in North America, and want tox for shows where the whole floor is GA, yeah. But where there is just a GA pit (like in all of North America, and apparently in London too, and maybe other places), tix won't be available in the general sale. They are for 10C members only. There is literally no way to just go for GA tix anymore, unfortunately.
    I am completely confused by this whole process. :s
    Question concerning the GA PIT: In London the floor is "GA PIT" and "Front Standing" area. So which area are you refering to, when you say that "they are for 10C members only" and "won´t be available in the general sale"?

• Options
    HZ245969HZ245969 Posts: 10
    LizJ said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    LizJ said:
    Ok, so do I understand this correctly?

If I only want GA-tickets, I need to try the public sale, as there is no "GA only"- option (at least for the shows I want to see) for 10C?

And if I would want GA with early entry, then my only chances are either finding someone that had luck geting GA in the 10C draw and would be looking for a ticket buddy or finding 10C-GA-tickets on F2F, right?

If you're not in North America, and want tox for shows where the whole floor is GA, yeah. But where there is just a GA pit (like in all of North America, and apparently in London too, and maybe other places), tix won't be available in the general sale. They are for 10C members only. There is literally no way to just go for GA tix anymore, unfortunately.
    I am completely confused by this whole process. :s
    Question concerning the GA PIT: In London the floor is "GA PIT" and "Front Standing" area. So which area are you refering to, when you say that "they are for 10C members only" and "won´t be available in the general sale"?

Me as well. The existing process from the past and prices were absolut ok. Now its just more complicated and more expensive ....