Dark Matter World Tour 2024

Comments

• Tjm007Tjm007 Posts: 178
    HZ245969 said:

After sleeping a night to think about the ticket prices for a show, I'm not willing to pay 175€ as a Ten Club member. Like many others, I've been a fan my whole life. I traveled all across Europe to see the shows. I stood in line for hours to buy shirts and posters and to get a place in front of the stage. The fact that you now want 175€ from the most loyal fans in the world is a slap in the face. This has nothing to do with the values that you always tell your fans like a mantra. This is really a big disappointment.

Don't be sad its over - be glad it happened.

Sit in your garden in the sun with a beer and listen to the new album - it will likely be more enjoyable than a football stadium gig.
  • While I get the ticket prices are high, I am more annoyed that you have pre register, and then you have wait in some sort of lottery like we are some sort of part time Taylor swift fan?  I mean let’s face it most of us are in our 30, 40, 50's who are going to these shows.   WE just want to buy the ticket and know where we are sitting or standing.... it’s greed and madness 
    Couldn’t agree more. The whole ticket business is farcical these days, I remember when all you did was buy a ticket for the stands or the pitch if you wanted the front you got in early. 
    Prices are becoming ridiculous, two artists spring to mind who claimed to be ‘in touch’ with their fan base- Pearl Jam (remember when they went to war with Ticketmaster) & Springsteen are now charging extortionate prices making it hard for many to justify in these challenging financial conditions. 
    In saying that I may well consider going to London if I secure a GA ticket but that will depend on travel costs from Scotland, who have been ignored yet again!
  • SpagsSpags Posts: 3,026
    edited February 14
    Just tried to go in for the Berlin shows but it won't let me add any tickets. Anybody have a fix for that? I went in using the TC link and everything!
    Nature drunk and High
  • So, not only does the London gig clash with Glastonbury, but also Green Day (also playing in London). Not very well thought out.

The bigger problem was the price - £157 a ticket. £157!!!!!! Shocking. PJ should be embarrassed by this. The last tickets for the 21 London Gig (moved to 22 because of Covid) was £87. An 80% price increase. Really poor.
  • bertan said:
    bertan said:
    Just to be absolutely sure. For the London show, if we apply for "GA or seated" and end up getting seated tickets, we have the option to sell them through Ticketmaster Fan-to-Fan, right?
    Yes, but how easy they are to sell will depend on where the seats are

Thank you
    Depending on your seniority, if you’re assigned a bad seat you might make a big loss doing this.
  • JackD.JackD. Posts: 519
    JackD. said:
    I've read everything over and over and I'm still a bit confused about when seniority kicks in if you selected a ticket option that could be standing OR seated such as London & Manchester.

Obviously it is a lottery just to get into the building.  But.... assuming you win that lottery does it mean that members with the lowest 10C numbers will be automatically allocated standing, while the higher 10C numbers will be seated?

OR, is it totally random whether you get allocated seated or standing? (With your 10C number then determining how good your seats are if you're given seats).
    That my friend is definitely not clear. And I don't think anybody really knows. My guess would be that it'll only kick in for seat allocation. But that's just a guess.
    I had the same confusion but tried to explain it to myself with sense:

Senority doesn‘t play a role in the lottery. You win or lose depending on availability not senority.

If you won and chose „GA or Seating“ they would start giving away GA. Why? Cause it would be implausible to give away Seating if others chose only that and GA is still available. If GA is gone, people who chose „GA or Seating“ or „Only Seating“ are in the same ballot and get seats by senority once they won.

So: Draw for „GA or Seating“ > give all the winners GA > Put losers in the ballot with „Only Seating“ > draw again > give winners seats by senority
    this looks alright to me, but is just your guess, no official or insight info right?
    Just my guess, but everything else would be dumb. Which doesn‘t mean I‘m right, unfortunately.
  • Gravey1975Gravey1975 Posts: 312
    LizJ said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    LizJ said:
    Ok, so do I understand this correctly?

If I only want GA-tickets, I need to try the public sale, as there is no "GA only"- option (at least for the shows I want to see) for 10C?

And if I would want GA with early entry, then my only chances are either finding someone that had luck geting GA in the 10C draw and would be looking for a ticket buddy or finding 10C-GA-tickets on F2F, right?

If you're not in North America, and want tox for shows where the whole floor is GA, yeah. But where there is just a GA pit (like in all of North America, and apparently in London too, and maybe other places), tix won't be available in the general sale. They are for 10C members only. There is literally no way to just go for GA tix anymore, unfortunately.
    I am completely confused by this whole process. :s
    Question concerning the GA PIT: In London the floor is "GA PIT" and "Front Standing" area. So which area are you refering to, when you say that "they are for 10C members only" and "won´t be available in the general sale"?

I think front standing is the 10C ballot and exclusive to 10C members. However, those that don't get those tickets in the ballot will get seating instead, rather than GA pit tickets. So it's shit or bust - you get front standing or else you're worse off than if you were in the public sale. At least, that's my interpretation.
  • bertanbertan Posts: 266
    So, not only does the London gig clash with Glastonbury, but also Green Day (also playing in London). Not very well thought out.

The bigger problem was the price - £157 a ticket. £157!!!!!! Shocking. PJ should be embarrassed by this. The last tickets for the 21 London Gig (moved to 22 because of Covid) was £87. An 80% price increase. Really poor.

Don't forget the £2.75 handling fee :D
    "hey na na na na hey that's something"

30.09.2006 Athens | 18.06.2007 London | 18.08.2009 London | 05.07.2014 Werchter | 17.07.2018 London | 08.07.2022 London
  • JT167846JT167846 Posts: 897
    Yeah I don't dig that-that is my interpretation too.
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
    bertan said:
    bertan said:
    Just to be absolutely sure. For the London show, if we apply for "GA or seated" and end up getting seated tickets, we have the option to sell them through Ticketmaster Fan-to-Fan, right?

Thank you
    Depending on your seniority, if you’re assigned a bad seat you might make a big loss doing this.

Yeah thanks for the reminder. I've never gone for seated tickets so I have no experience with seniority. I've been a 10C member since 2004, I understand nothing is certain with these things, but would that get me decent seats in general? Any experience?

30.09.2006 Athens | 18.06.2007 London | 18.08.2009 London | 05.07.2014 Werchter | 17.07.2018 London | 08.07.2022 London
  • LizJ said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    LizJ said:

If I only want GA-tickets, I need to try the public sale, as there is no "GA only"- option (at least for the shows I want to see) for 10C?

And if I would want GA with early entry, then my only chances are either finding someone that had luck geting GA in the 10C draw and would be looking for a ticket buddy or finding 10C-GA-tickets on F2F, right?

If you're not in North America, and want tox for shows where the whole floor is GA, yeah. But where there is just a GA pit (like in all of North America, and apparently in London too, and maybe other places), tix won't be available in the general sale. They are for 10C members only. There is literally no way to just go for GA tix anymore, unfortunately.
    Question concerning the GA PIT: In London the floor is "GA PIT" and "Front Standing" area. So which area are you refering to, when you say that "they are for 10C members only" and "won´t be available in the general sale"?

If you look at the attached picture, you will see a purple area ("Front Standing") and blue areas (Seats). The purple area is the "pit" that is only available via 10C membership (entry will likely be controlled by a wrist band).

The "GA Pit" (in grey) will be sold during the general sale that starts on Feb 23rd - it will also be standing, but obviously further back.

The challenge with this sale is that if you choose the first option ("Front Standing or Reserved") you have no guarantee where you will end up. You could be lucky and get Front Standing, but you could end up with seats instead, and which seats will be determined by membership priority - i.e. lower 10C membership number = better seats. So £160 could get you right at the front, or almost at the back......

If you go for the second option "Reserved Only - seating" then you will obviously only be trying for a seat - but the membership priority point still applies.

Hope this helps.

• bertan said:
    bertan said:
    bertan said:

Thank you

Yeah thanks for the reminder. I've never gone for seated tickets so I have no experience with seniority. I've been a 10C member since 2004, I understand nothing is certain with these things, but would that get me decent seats in general? Any experience?
    I’d have thought you’d at least be in the better half of the seats, yes, but who knows actually how many seats are for 10C in each section other than Ticketmaster.
  • Zen23Zen23 Posts: 453
    "Fans who are unable to use their tickets can sell them via Ticketmaster Resale at the price they originally paid. However, you must have a valid bank account or debit card in the country of the event(s) in order to sell your ticket."

Why? Why does Ticketmaster take my money with open arms when I pay tickets in another country with a ING Visa credit card, but refuses to give me my money back when I want to resell my tickets?
  • LizJLizJ Posts: 347
    LizJ said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    LizJ said:

If you look at the attached picture, you will see a purple area ("Front Standing") and blue areas (Seats). The purple area is the "pit" that is only available via 10C membership (entry will likely be controlled by a wrist band).

The "GA Pit" (in grey) will be sold during the general sale that starts on Feb 23rd - it will also be standing, but obviously further back.

The challenge with this sale is that if you choose the first option ("Front Standing or Reserved") you have no guarantee where you will end up. You could be lucky and get Front Standing, but you could end up with seats instead, and which seats will be determined by membership priority - i.e. lower 10C membership number = better seats. So £160 could get you right at the front, or almost at the back......

If you go for the second option "Reserved Only - seating" then you will obviously only be trying for a seat - but the membership priority point still applies.

Hope this helps.

Thank you! 
    I was not aware/forgot that FOS is for 10C members only. 
    As I do not want to end up with bad seats (and I wouldn’t be able to sell them, as I don’t have a bank account in the UK), that means I can’t apply for tickets through the Ten Club. 

Only option: Find another 10C member with a spare GA-ticket (either ticket buddy or through F2F).

This new system… :|

• SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    Is priority no longer a thing for selecting shows? I tried to put MSG 2 as my top priority, and MSG2 as my 2nd choice, but when I go to checkout, it orders them by date.
  • Sarava said:
    Is priority no longer a thing for selecting shows? I tried to put MSG 2 as my top priority, and MSG2 as my 2nd choice, but when I go to checkout, it orders them by date.
    No longer a thing, was in the FAQs.
    Sarava said:
    No longer a thing, was in the FAQs.

ahh, thanks
  • BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,295
    Will we know if we have GA or seating when we get the successful email or need to wait until tickets are assigned?
  • SpagsSpags Posts: 3,026
    Spags said:
    Just tried to go in for the Berlin shows but it won't let me add any tickets. Anybody have a fix for that? I went in using the TC link and everything!

Anybody else get to this screen but it doesn't let you click the big blue plus sign to change the number of tickets? 

*Anger intensifies*
    Nature drunk and High
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,532
    23scidoo said:
    broe01 said:
    You guys actually think these prices are high?  They're really not.
    You must be kidding..
    They are high. Like 100gbp higher than Hyde park and, more direct comparison last o2 gigs in 2018.
    They’re also high vs other acts 
    I’m paying half this for foo fighters, green day this summer 
    Exactly this.

The "P" in PJ now seems to stand for Premium.

Ticket prices are way higher than most other stadium or arena bands (in the UK at least), with no guarantee you will get a standing GA ticket. Recent examples: Foos, Green Day, GnR, Blur, Bruce Springsteen, Arctic Monkeys....

I've forked out £37 for Dark Matter on vinyl, when most vinyls are in the £20-25 range. 

I'm fully expecting tour shirts to be £50

At least here in the states, just checking two major tours, Springsteen and RHCP are both MUCH more expensive than PJ tickets. Maybe Europe is different? Plus both of these artists sell a ton of platinum and VIP. At least PJ doesn’t do VIP.

Many fans commenting here should consider that inflation in the US is around 20% over the last four years, and the concert industry was very hard hit by the pandemic.
    bertan said:
    bertan said:
    bertan said:

Thank you

I’d have thought you’d at least be in the better half of the seats, yes, but who knows actually how many seats are for 10C in each section other than Ticketmaster.

Thank you!
    I hate this new system with a passion :)

• Why are some people saying that golden circle is for ten club only? Is that confirmed anywhere? 
    edited February 14
    Usually when something like that happens, switching browsers (firefox to chrome for example) gets me through.
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,907
    Has anyone found out for certain (not just a thought or opinion) if the Berlin seated area is reserved seats or unreserved, and if unreserved, are 10c tix early entry? 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • fafane45fafane45 Posts: 90
    Spags said:
    Spags said:

Anybody else get to this screen but it doesn't let you click the big blue plus sign to change the number of tickets? 

*Anger intensifies*
    Same here .....
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 834
    I appreciate that ticket prices suck, but don't a lot of people here spend multiples of the ticket price on the travel? Hotel prices be crazy these days. Just to get an Uber out of the Forum in LA  requires a small fortune (after you wait an hour).

I am actually more bummed out that the shows are shorter than the price of the tickets.
  • dani11dani11 Posts: 43
    23scidoo said:
    broe01 said:
    You must be kidding..
    They are high. Like 100gbp higher than Hyde park and, more direct comparison last o2 gigs in 2018.
    I’m also paying the same amount for Springsteen, front standing, in a smaller stadium than the London show and in Sweden. 
    However, I’m still planning on Manchester (45m drive) and London (although for London will probably drive now also rather than the expense of a hotel on top of a 160 gbp ticket so I can afford to do this). At these prices, a Berlin or Barcelona on top is out of the question which is a shame but hey ho.
    Agreed. Foos and Green Day are arguably more popular too. That's what gets me...other big bands are playing some of the exact same venues, at a lower price.

I'd probably still pay whatever the London gig costs if it was at the O2....but at a 60k capacity stadium, no thanks. If I can get some cheaper last min tickets, maybe.

I'm probably going to just 2 gigs instead of the 3 or 4 I was thinking of...which I'm still grateful to afford (if I can get tickets!!)
  • dani11 said:
    23scidoo said:
    broe01 said:
    You must be kidding..
    I’m also paying the same amount for Springsteen, front standing, in a smaller stadium than the London show and in Sweden. 
    However, I’m still planning on Manchester (45m drive) and London (although for London will probably drive now also rather than the expense of a hotel on top of a 160 gbp ticket so I can afford to do this). At these prices, a Berlin or Barcelona on top is out of the question which is a shame but hey ho.
    Agreed. Foos and Green Day are arguably more popular too. That's what gets me...other big bands are playing some of the exact same venues, at a lower price.

I'd probably still pay whatever the London gig costs if it was at the O2....but at a 60k capacity stadium, no thanks. If I can get some cheaper last min tickets, maybe.

I'm probably going to just 2 gigs instead of the 3 or 4 I was thinking of...which I'm still grateful to afford (if I can get tickets!!)
    Totally agree with you!
    Milan 2014, Trieste 2014, Milan 2018, Padua 2018, Rome 2018, Berlin 2022, Imola 2022, Frankfurt 2022, Wien 2022, Prague 2022, Amsterdam-1 2022
  • JackD.JackD. Posts: 519
    Has anyone found out for certain (not just a thought or opinion) if the Berlin seated area is reserved seats or unreserved, and if unreserved, are 10c tix early entry? 
    Unfortunately not. But since all blocks are highlighted and separated, I guess you could at least be allocated a certain block.

There isn‘t a bad place in Waldbühne. View and sound is great everywhere. But still, I‘d be pretty pissed if I end up with L/K/I. Especially if the general sale would offer better options.
  • Why are some people saying that golden circle is for ten club only? Is that confirmed anywhere? 
    It isn’t and only PJ/TM would know the real answer to this.  They could just as easily hold some back for premium or general sale.