Dark Matter World Tour 2024

Comments

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,322
    So I put in for msg but only put in for the lower section. Is everyone putting in for all sections? 
  • LostDog_72LostDog_72 Posts: 74
    edited February 14
    23scidoo said:
    broe01 said:
    You guys actually think these prices are high?  They're really not.
    You must be kidding..
    They are high. Like 100gbp higher than Hyde park and, more direct comparison last o2 gigs in 2018.
    They’re also high vs other acts 
    I’m paying half this for foo fighters, green day this summer 
    Exactly this.

The "P" in PJ now seems to stand for Premium.

Ticket prices are way higher than most other stadium or arena bands (in the UK at least), with no guarantee you will get a standing GA ticket. Recent examples: Foos, Green Day, GnR, Blur, Bruce Springsteen, Arctic Monkeys....

I've forked out £37 for Dark Matter on vinyl, when most vinyls are in the £20-25 range. 

I'm fully expecting tour shirts to be £50

At least here in the states, just checking two major tours, Springsteen and RHCP are both MUCH more expensive than PJ tickets. Maybe Europe is different? Plus both of these artists sell a ton of platinum and VIP. At least PJ doesn’t do VIP.

Many fans commenting here should consider that inflation in the US is around 20% over the last four years, and the concert industry was very hard hit by the pandemic.
    Agree on inflation, but its 20%, not the 100% that ticket prices seem to have risen by!

The really sad thing is that when inflation drops, ticket prices (or prices for anything else really) won't come back down. Unfortunately, TM and others have seen a "legitimate" opportunity to massively hike prices and will continue to fleece us for every last penny.
  • Inflation is unlikely to drop below zero even if it falls, in which case real time prices are not going down either, just go up less quickly.
  • SpagsSpags Posts: 3,026
    Sarava said:
    Usually when something like that happens, switching browsers (firefox to chrome for example) gets me through.
    Thanks, got through using my mobile phone…this process has made me feel oh so very old.
    Nature drunk and High
  • FroggieFroggie Posts: 235
    fafane45 said:
    Spags said:
    Spags said:
    Just tried to go in for the Berlin shows but it won't let me add any tickets. Anybody have a fix for that? I went in using the TC link and everything!

Anybody else get to this screen but it doesn't let you click the big blue plus sign to change the number of tickets? 

*Anger intensifies*
    Same here .....
    I was the same. I tried to proceed with 0 tickets. Got an error message. Pressed the back button and then I could select two tickets for both nights. Have email confirmation...in German lol.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,154
    edited February 14
    Other bands are over here longer though, spreading some costs over ´more dates. Pearl Jam needs to get a crew over here, all equipment and a new scrapmetal bird - for what, 2-3 shows over a weekend what feels like... 

So, they have less shows to make a profit off.

But still, I paid this for two Metallica shows last summer. I paid a lot less for a pretty good seat at Bruce last summer.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • UtahBoltUtahBolt Posts: 188
    JackD. said:
    I've read everything over and over and I'm still a bit confused about when seniority kicks in if you selected a ticket option that could be standing OR seated such as London & Manchester.

Obviously it is a lottery just to get into the building.  But.... assuming you win that lottery does it mean that members with the lowest 10C numbers will be automatically allocated standing, while the higher 10C numbers will be seated?

OR, is it totally random whether you get allocated seated or standing? (With your 10C number then determining how good your seats are if you're given seats).
    That my friend is definitely not clear. And I don't think anybody really knows. My guess would be that it'll only kick in for seat allocation. But that's just a guess.
    I had the same confusion but tried to explain it to myself with sense:

Senority doesn‘t play a role in the lottery. You win or lose depending on availability not senority.

If you won and chose „GA or Seating“ they would start giving away GA. Why? Cause it would be implausible to give away Seating if others chose only that and GA is still available. If GA is gone, people who chose „GA or Seating“ or „Only Seating“ are in the same ballot and get seats by senority once they won.

So: Draw for „GA or Seating“ > give all the winners GA > Put losers in the ballot with „Only Seating“ > draw again > give winners seats by senority
    Solid post Jack.
    edited February 14
    23scidoo said:
    broe01 said:
    You guys actually think these prices are high?  They're really not.
    You must be kidding..
    They are high. Like 100gbp higher than Hyde park and, more direct comparison last o2 gigs in 2018.
    They’re also high vs other acts 
    I’m paying half this for foo fighters, green day this summer 
    Exactly this.

The "P" in PJ now seems to stand for Premium.

Ticket prices are way higher than most other stadium or arena bands (in the UK at least), with no guarantee you will get a standing GA ticket. Recent examples: Foos, Green Day, GnR, Blur, Bruce Springsteen, Arctic Monkeys....

I've forked out £37 for Dark Matter on vinyl, when most vinyls are in the £20-25 range. 

I'm fully expecting tour shirts to be £50

At least here in the states, just checking two major tours, Springsteen and RHCP are both MUCH more expensive than PJ tickets. Maybe Europe is different? Plus both of these artists sell a ton of platinum and VIP. At least PJ doesn’t do VIP.

Many fans commenting here should consider that inflation in the US is around 20% over the last four years, and the concert industry was very hard hit by the pandemic.
    Agree on inflation, but its 20%, not the 100% that ticket prices seem to have risen by!

The really sad thing is that when inflation drops, ticket prices (or prices for anything else really) won't come back down. Unfortunately, TM and others have seen a "legitimate" opportunity to massively hike prices and will continue to fleece us for every last penny.
    But the 2022 tickets were 2020 pre-covid and inflation prices were they not? We held onto our tickets from 2020.

What would they have cost in 2022? Or maybe I am remembering this wrong, and they added a bunch of dates but still kept the prices at 50% of what they want for them now. Yikes, if that's the case. 100% in two years..

Are the 2006 lasers coming back? Stone felt they cost too much back then. haha.

And yes, be prepared to pay this much for Pearl Jam going forward. If they get to you to do it once, it's the new standard. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Gravey1975Gravey1975 Posts: 312
    LizJ said:
    LizJ said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    LizJ said:
    Ok, so do I understand this correctly?

If I only want GA-tickets, I need to try the public sale, as there is no "GA only"- option (at least for the shows I want to see) for 10C?

And if I would want GA with early entry, then my only chances are either finding someone that had luck geting GA in the 10C draw and would be looking for a ticket buddy or finding 10C-GA-tickets on F2F, right?

If you're not in North America, and want tox for shows where the whole floor is GA, yeah. But where there is just a GA pit (like in all of North America, and apparently in London too, and maybe other places), tix won't be available in the general sale. They are for 10C members only. There is literally no way to just go for GA tix anymore, unfortunately.
    I am completely confused by this whole process. :s
    Question concerning the GA PIT: In London the floor is "GA PIT" and "Front Standing" area. So which area are you refering to, when you say that "they are for 10C members only" and "won´t be available in the general sale"?

If you look at the attached picture, you will see a purple area ("Front Standing") and blue areas (Seats). The purple area is the "pit" that is only available via 10C membership (entry will likely be controlled by a wrist band).

The "GA Pit" (in grey) will be sold during the general sale that starts on Feb 23rd - it will also be standing, but obviously further back.

The challenge with this sale is that if you choose the first option ("Front Standing or Reserved") you have no guarantee where you will end up. You could be lucky and get Front Standing, but you could end up with seats instead, and which seats will be determined by membership priority - i.e. lower 10C membership number = better seats. So £160 could get you right at the front, or almost at the back......

If you go for the second option "Reserved Only - seating" then you will obviously only be trying for a seat - but the membership priority point still applies.

Hope this helps.

Thank you! 
    I was not aware/forgot that FOS is for 10C members only. 
    As I do not want to end up with bad seats (and I wouldn’t be able to sell them, as I don’t have a bank account in the UK), that means I can’t apply for tickets through the Ten Club. 

Only option: Find another 10C member with a spare GA-ticket (either ticket buddy or through F2F).

This new system… :|

You can still get a GA ticket through the Ticketmaster verified fan presale or the public sale - you just won't be in front standing.
  • Has anyone else still not had an e-mail confirmation of their TC ticket selections? I made mine about 4 hours ago but nothing.
    Brixton Academy 14/7/93, Wembley Arena 29/5/00, Wembley Arena 18/6/07, London O2 18/8/09, Hyde Park 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12, Arras 30/6/12, Werchter 5/7/14, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Mexico City 28/11/15, Toronto 10/5/16, Toronto 12/5/16,  Amsterdam 12/6/18, Amsterdam 13/6/18, London O2 18/6/18, Werchter 7/7/18, London O2 17/7/18, Werchter 30/6/22, Hyde Park 8/7/22, Hyde Park 9/7/22, Budapest 12/7/22, Prague 22/7/22, Amsterdam 24/7/22, Amsterdam 25/7/22, Dublin 22/6/24, Manchester 25/6/24, London 29/6/2024, Berlin 2/7/24, Berlin 3/7/24 
  • Hey everyone,

I need some help please:

This is my current situation (screen shot below) and not very technically minded... I've mailed what I think is the support mail, hoping for an answer soon. Tried across multiple devices and browsers, but no luck... Trying to buy for Europe leg. 

Has anyone else had these issues?
    Can anyone give me a step by step to fix this on Safari?

ps. Yes, the tickets are pricey - I'm on a South African budget and so starved to watch Pearl Jam play - that I'd be willing to pay almost anything to see them live - and have already travelled out of the country once to see Pearl Jam.

I've looked at other show prices and seen they are very much in line.

We all wanted new music, a tour and the chance for tickets - prices have risen everywhere - arenas have been underutilised and probably charge more than ever for the facility. Not to mention we don't even have to pay for the CD / Vinyl anymore to play their music over and over. 

Let's just learn to be grateful... it'll help, I promise. 

first show - 22/6/2014 Trieste; 25/6/2014 Vienna associated other: Chris Cornell 21/3/2008 www.twitter.com/PearlJamSA - www.facebook.com/PearlJamSA "Oh I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the ones I love" #PJfam
  • GeorgieGeorgie Posts: 22
    Has anyone else still not had an e-mail confirmation of their TC ticket selections? I made mine about 4 hours ago but nothing.
    I still haven't received a confirmation email and it's been about 12 hrs. I cannot find a phone number for Ticketmaster UK either, and I cannot find out how to contact them online as they always ask for an order number and I don't have one 😔
  • beeswaxbeeswax Posts: 119
    edited February 14
    Tjm007 said:
    HZ245969 said:

After sleeping a night to think about the ticket prices for a show, I'm not willing to pay 175€ as a Ten Club member. Like many others, I've been a fan my whole life. I traveled all across Europe to see the shows. I stood in line for hours to buy shirts and posters and to get a place in front of the stage. The fact that you now want 175€ from the most loyal fans in the world is a slap in the face. This has nothing to do with the values that you always tell your fans like a mantra. This is really a big disappointment.

Don't be sad its over - be glad it happened.

Sit in your garden in the sun with a beer and listen to the new album - it will likely be more enjoyable than a football stadium gig.

that's what we did when amsterdam got cancelled and it surely was an enjoyable and memorable evening!

growing up with bands like pearl jam and fugazi it becomes an ethical decision whether i want to pay 175e via ticketmaster. some  transparency about the doubling of the ticketprices would have been nice. feels like we're paying for someone elses' mistakes ..
    Post edited by beeswax on
  • The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,437
    edited February 14
    Why are some people saying that golden circle is for ten club only? Is that confirmed anywhere? 
    The seating map shows a purple area which says Front Standing, and the option you select says 'Front Standing or reserved seat" so if you manage to get front standing in the lottery you'll be in that purple section.

The general GA behind that is in grey and that will be available in the general sale.

I'm just speculating but seeing as they've said that availability is limited it will just be 10c members who get lucky in the lottery who get that section. 
    Post edited by The Rock on
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Ouch! £163 per ticket for Manchester. I was honestly expecting more like £100-120.
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 834
    Hey everyone,

I need some help please:

This is my current situation (screen shot below) and not very technically minded... I've mailed what I think is the support mail, hoping for an answer soon. Tried across multiple devices and browsers, but no luck... Trying to buy for Europe leg. 

ps. Yes, the tickets are pricey - I'm on a South African budget and so starved to watch Pearl Jam play - that I'd be willing to pay almost anything to see them live - and have already travelled out of the country once to see Pearl Jam.

We all wanted new music, a tour and the chance for tickets - prices have risen everywhere - arenas have been underutilised and probably charge more than ever for the facility. Not to mention we don't even have to pay for the CD / Vinyl anymore to play their music over and over. 

Ticketmaster does that to me when I am on a VPN.
  • Maybe the tickets went up so much is because the band really really likes money like most of us? There is nothing wrong with it. Some people seems to bend over backwards coming up with other reasons why prices are so high. Inflation and others reasons play a role, but if they can charge it, they might as well maximize revenue. 
  • beeswaxbeeswax Posts: 119
    LuigiCS said:
    There it is...the point where live music becomes a privilege for a chosen few.  

yes. and they'll get the crowd they deserve :)

luckily there are still great bands playing smaller venues out there.
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,073
    Maybe the tickets went up so much is because the band really really likes money like most of us? There is nothing wrong with it. Some people seems to bend over backwards coming up with other reasons why prices are so high. Inflation and others reasons play a role, but if they can charge it, they might as well maximize revenue. 
    Why not all of the above?

OF course, they want to maximize their revenue and provide for their families... and they're getting older and want to play fewer shows... and they're running a business w/ employees to support... and it's expensive AF to tour post covid... I don't think it comes down to one single factor. 
  • kaw753 said:
    Hey everyone,

I need some help please:

Ticketmaster does that to me when I am on a VPN.
    I don't have a VPN - I am in Europe at the moment with South African devices... but nothing aside from that. Thanks for the suggestion.
    first show - 22/6/2014 Trieste; 25/6/2014 Vienna associated other: Chris Cornell 21/3/2008 www.twitter.com/PearlJamSA - www.facebook.com/PearlJamSA "Oh I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the ones I love" #PJfam
    edited February 14
    Just asking because I am a worrying person,

Can i register for a concert now, so that it really works. 

But bail out tomorrow if I have second thoughts about the costs etc?
    Or am I locked in forever if I register?
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Just asking because I am a worrying person,

Can i register for a concert now, so that it really works. 

But bail out tomorrow if I have second thoughts about the costs etc?
    Or am I locked in forever if I register?
    You can cancel your request up until the deadline
  • hadrieliahadrielia Posts: 126
    Maybe the tickets went up so much is because the band really really likes money like most of us? There is nothing wrong with it. Some people seems to bend over backwards coming up with other reasons why prices are so high. Inflation and others reasons play a role, but if they can charge it, they might as well maximize revenue. 
    I think the issue is it shows how hypocrite they are, because they try to sell the image that they care for the "normal" people. I guess we need to make peace with the fact that they are as greedy as any rich out there, and that we are just money machines for them. It is not about the music anymore, is about the bussiness.. Im sure there are some middle ground there to charge a fair price w/o impacting their revenues, unless what they want is just more revenues just because they can.

If RHCP or any other come with this prices and way to treat fans, It wouldn't be a suprise. I know who they are, and they are not trying to sell any awareness image.. you know what you get. 

I guess that now we know what we will get. There were already some clues. I guess this is the confirmation.

06/06/17 - Eddie Vedder - Hammersmith Apollo - London /////  09/06/17 - Eddie Vedder - 3Arena - Dublin ///// 19/06/18 - Pearl Jam - O2 - London ////// 10/07/18 - Pearl Jam - Palau Sant Jordi - Barcelona ////// 12/07/18 - Pearl Jam - Mad Cool Festival - Madrid ////// 14/07/18 -Pearl Jam - NOS Alive Festival - Lisbon
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,333
    Has anyone yet receive a temporary $1 authorization on your credit card after putting in your request?

• SpagsSpags Posts: 3,026
    If you register through TC link it looks like its a lock situation.
    Nature drunk and High
  • For anyone who hasn't received their confirmation email, follow these steps to confirm your request was received 

1. Click the appropriate link for submitting the request
    2. Login as you did when you submitted the request 
    3. At the top right of the screen select the menu and select Requests 

Once there you should be able to see your request if it was successfully submitted 
  • Spags said:
    If you register through TC link it looks like its a lock situation.
    No, you can log back in and cancel your request 
  • jamofpearlsjamofpearls Posts: 347
    edited February 14
    Playing Devil's advocate and what not, I went back to look at my prior ticket purchases to see price jumps. There's been a few times where between tours there looks to be a 35-65% price jump. Sometimes, its smaller like 7-10%.  This time just happens to be one of the larger ones. These are way less than what I paid to see Springsteen last Feb in ATL.  I feel like they're on par with what I paid for the Peppers in Nashville like two years ago. 
    And a smidge less than what I'm paying for FF in Denver this summer. And a little less than Springsteen in Baltimore this year.
    I guess what I'm trying to say is, shows are expensive, and will continue to get more expensive. 
    Post edited by jamofpearls on
    98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
    Ed Solo: 17-Louisville
  • Ticket prices are insanely expensive.
    Berlin 2009, Dublin 2010, Belfast 2010, London 2010, Nijmegen 2010, Berlin 2010, Dublin 2017 (EV Solo), Pinkpop 2018, London 2022
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,810
    edited February 14
    Why not all of the above?

OF course, they want to maximize their revenue and provide for their families... and they're getting older and want to play fewer shows... and they're running a business w/ employees to support... and it's expensive AF to tour post covid... I don't think it comes down to one single factor. 

It is a post COVID TM business model. They want to capture the secondary market and maximize revenue from every seat. If someone is willing to pay $400 on stubhub shouldn't the band get some of that revenue? Of course it is TM that wants that revenue and they share it with the artist. That is what is happening and that is why ticket prices are so much higher. That is why you see $800 seats on TM after the "public onsale." Those seats are not released to the public at face value. They (PJ Premium) are priced high to determine the market price and TM shares the proceeds with the artist. That is the value proposition and it is hard for the artist to say no. Companies like stubhub make millions and none of that goes to the artist. And of course, TM wants that revenue. It is not about inflation or the cost of touring IMHO.