Want a real answer

Comments

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    Hans Gruber's brother FTW

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • All these inside jokes aren’t fair
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    Has anyone brought up sabotage?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 722
    edited September 2023
    mcgruff10 said:
    I hope not, IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII CAN’T STAND IT!!!!
  • Berlin2000Berlin2000 NYC Posts: 160
    mcgruff10 said:
    JojoRice said:
    Rob B. on Sirius XM PJ Radio just said the show is a GO for tonight. 
    Not sure if rob can be trusted.  Might be a ploy to sell more merch and any unsold premium seats.  
    Yeah, I bet Biden is in on it, too. It’s all on Hunter’s laptop!! 
    PJ: 2000-6-25: Berlin, GER | 2005-3-18: Seattle, WA | 2006-6-30: Milwaukee, WI | 2009-8-24: Chicago, IL | 2012-7-5: Berlin, GER | 2013-7-19: Chicago, IL | 2014-10-17: Moline, IL | 2014-10-20: Milwaukee, WI | 2016-8-20: Chicago 1, IL | 2016-8-22: Chicago 2, IL | 2018-8-18: Chicago N1 |  2018-8-20: Chicago 2, IL | 2021-9-18: Asbury Park, NJ | 2022-9-11: MSG, NY | 2023-9-5: Chicago, IL |
    EV: 2017-9-2: Dana Point, CA | 2022-2-3: NYC 1, NY | 2022-2-4: NYC 2, NY
  • Ah I remember the sabotage 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • mcgruff10 said:
    I’M BUDDY RICH WHEN I FLY OFF THE HANDLE
  • mcgruff10 said:
    JojoRice said:
    Not sure if rob can be trusted.  Might be a ploy to sell more merch and any unsold premium seats.  
    Yeah, I bet Biden is in on it, too. It’s all on Hunter’s laptop!! 

I know we're now veering waay off course. Sorrynotsorry.

All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,204
    Beastie Boys 90S GIF by Squirrel Monkey
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,086
    edited September 2023
    Ah I remember the sabotage 
    Swept under the rug more thoroughly than that Rock around the Barack  song.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mcgruff10 said:
    JojoRice said:
    Hoping that’s true for all going….have a great time!  

Maybe we can shut this unbelievably ignorant thread down then.  Here’s an answer just like you threw to PJ 🖕 good luck and good riddance 
    Well that depends.  Do you feel like we got an answer? 
    Honestly, it’s not my business.  I go to concerts to enjoy the band, dance, visit new cities, spend time with my husband in the car when we drive for hours in the space of a 2 door jeep and don’t kill each other.  I feel terrible for those whose shows  get cancelled and I believe PJ (the band and all involved) feel terrible as well.  But the bottom line is this is a business.  If I traveled to chi and bought cubs tix to see Ian happ and he was sick that day what am I owed?  NOTHING!  
    And while I hope all members are doing well the truth is my life would go on without PJ.  I’m just not sure people understand prioritizing events in their life.  That said, I would be pissed about the money also, however my thought on that is I don’t hear a lot of praise for the travelers from the band as I think there should be.  JMO .  In fact, “seeing the same people all the time” sounds like that’s annoying.  

Now if JESUS was giving a sermon and he cancelled….well I would lose nothing because Jesus never charged.  See, priorities.  

People want an answer, it’s none of our business like others have already posted.  
    Son of God could just will himself healthy tho... what's the REAL reason he's cancelling, hmmmm? Josh could fill in for any of the 12 Apostles & not miss a beat, so I'm not buying this. 

>>"Meaning: Jehovah is salvation. Josh is a popular boy's name that is Hebrew in origin. It is a truncated version of Joshua, which comes from the Hebrew name Yehoshua, a central figure in the Jewish Bible and Christian Old Testament."<<

Yes, Josh could easily fill in for any of the 11 apostles (Just not Judas).  You don't think Jesus already took this into account???
    There's no need to say goodbye
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,339
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    mace1229 said:
    I had tickets to Indy but canceled our trip a week prior because something came up. I flew to Sacramento for the show last year so I know what it’s like though.
    I wouldn’t want any more information for the Indy show. But if I was going to TX I’d be very curious. Would be nice to know if it was a 24 hour stomach flu or something longer so I could decide if I want to take the risk in traveling or not. Especially if I flew SW and could cancel a flight.
    I understand why they don’t give that information. Just saying it wouldn’t make any difference for me if I was at Indy, would only be curious if I was going to the next show.
    It is a bit odd that we immediately know why Springsteen or Aerosmith is cancelling but it's kind of radio silent from PJ.
    This is not what radio silence means.
    Lol... It is actually 
    No, radio silence is the ceasing of all communication. "Radio silence" is not issuing a statement announcing a cancellation and providing a reason for the cancellation. LOL.
    The  radio silence is in reference to the announcement Sunday and then nothing for 48+ hours. Considering there is a show scheduled for less than 24 hours from now and people have gotten no updates since Sunday, I would call that silence. In their defense however they did send out information about a $2K guitar for sale in their shop. So we do know they are capable of communicating. 
    Well said 
    Don't you understand that there is no meaningful update to be given? What purpose would it serve? They cannot say on Monday or Tuesday that something will happen on Wednesday if it is a situation that is day-to-day and won't be resolved with certainty until Wednesday. By the same token, announcing that it doesn't look good for Wednesday could lead some people to change plans even though Wednesday could still proceed as scheduled, and then people would complain that they were misled.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
    edited September 2023
    pjl44 said:
    JBob87 said:
    If tomorrow goes on w zero issues, Indy cancellation really setting off the BS detector 
    Every illness I've ever had runs 1 to 2 weeks at a minimum 
    I guess you've never had food poisoning. Or a kidney stone. A kidney stone will send you to the emergency room in the worst pain you've ever experienced in your life. They compare it to childbirth. It's pain so acute you cannot otherwise function. Then they give you heavy drugs and, if the stone is small enough to pass on its own, send you home later that day to wait for it to pass. Typically, by three days later, you are back to 100 percent-- maybe a little constipated from the drugs, but that's it. A person in recovery might have to skip the drugs and just suffer until the stone gets to the bladder. Either way, a kidney stone that kept you from performing on Sunday would be very unlikely to keep you from performing on Wednesday.

SORRY: Missed the sarcasm!  :) As someone who has had both severe food poisoning and two separate kidney stones eight years apart, I may have been too personally invested in this to have my usual ability to detect sarcasm.
    Post edited by BF25394 on
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    I'm convinced. They cancelled just to screw YOU. Fully expect Texas cancellations to follow. 
    I don't know...I think they just hate Noblesville. They were bored so they said "fuck it" let's cancel on these inbred shitfaces
    "Red state shitbirds. Fuck 'em." - unidentified member of leftist, liberal elite, snowflake rock band
    No doubt someone in the band got sick from curdled soy milk in one of their vegan lattes...
    I have vertigo and I thought the other day when watching the video of present tense. Those strobe lights  would set me off. 

I actually have a family member who had a seizure last week. He was taken unconscious to the hospital. He was sent home with medication later that day. He's not allowed to drive and had to have a bunch of testing done, but presumably he is allowed to play a rock show. So that's another serious medical situation that was resolved within three days.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,930
    Word is the Indy cancellation was related to the Aliens revealed in Mexico today.  Good source… buddy of mine works in the box office at Deer Creek.  👽 

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

mcgruff10 said:
    JojoRice said:

Maybe we can shut this unbelievably ignorant thread down then.  Here’s an answer just like you threw to PJ 🖕 good luck and good riddance 
    I do. The question was, "Why wasn't there a show Sunday?" The answer was, "Because of a serious illness." What else is there to know? How would knowing further details change anything else, as a practical matter? If the details were provided and someone found them unconvincing-- if they thought the illness wasn't serious enough to warrant a postponement-- do they get to go back in time to Sunday and demand that the show take place as scheduled? 
  • BF25394 said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    I'm convinced. They cancelled just to screw YOU. Fully expect Texas cancellations to follow. 
    I don't know...I think they just hate Noblesville. They were bored so they said "fuck it" let's cancel on these inbred shitfaces
    "Red state shitbirds. Fuck 'em." - unidentified member of leftist, liberal elite, snowflake rock band
    No doubt someone in the band got sick from curdled soy milk in one of their vegan lattes...
    very possible...or maybe Stone had too many hermanaki wings at Ale Emporium and got a stomach ache
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    mcgruff10 said:
    JojoRice said:

Honestly, it’s not my business.  I go to concerts to enjoy the band, dance, visit new cities, spend time with my husband in the car when we drive for hours in the space of a 2 door jeep and don’t kill each other.  I feel terrible for those whose shows  get cancelled and I believe PJ (the band and all involved) feel terrible as well.  But the bottom line is this is a business.  If I traveled to chi and bought cubs tix to see Ian happ and he was sick that day what am I owed?  NOTHING!  
    And while I hope all members are doing well the truth is my life would go on without PJ.  I’m just not sure people understand prioritizing events in their life.  That said, I would be pissed about the money also, however my thought on that is I don’t hear a lot of praise for the travelers from the band as I think there should be.  JMO .  In fact, “seeing the same people all the time” sounds like that’s annoying.  

Now if JESUS was giving a sermon and he cancelled….well I would lose nothing because Jesus never charged.  See, priorities.  

People want an answer, it’s none of our business like others have already posted.  
    Son of God could just will himself healthy tho... what's the REAL reason he's cancelling, hmmmm? Josh could fill in for any of the 12 Apostles & not miss a beat, so I'm not buying this. 

>>"Meaning: Jehovah is salvation. Josh is a popular boy's name that is Hebrew in origin. It is a truncated version of Joshua, which comes from the Hebrew name Yehoshua, a central figure in the Jewish Bible and Christian Old Testament."<<

Yes, Josh could easily fill in for any of the 11 apostles (Just not Judas).  You don't think Jesus already took this into account???
    Judas Iscariot was replaced among the Apostles by Matthias, so there is precedent.
  • Wilco87Wilco87 Posts: 44
    edited September 2023
    Soooo, can I get a refund or rebate on the Olive Green 2023 Tour Tee shirt I bought in St Paul? Feels like false pretenses because it has Indianapolis listed, but it did not happen.

I will retract if they make it up at the end of the Tour, though it will be out of order.

;) 

Hopefully, all goes well the rest of the tour for the Band and the Faithful. I was on the way to the airport last year when the Vegas show was nixed. Lost out of a nights hotel and got credit for the flight. Disappointed, sure, but stuff happens.
    Post edited by Wilco87 on
  • Yo if anyone sees me in a black homemade nutsack vulture shirt in ATX say hey
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • on2legs said:
    Word is the Indy cancellation was related to the Aliens revealed in Mexico today.  Good source… buddy of mine works in the box office at Deer Creek.  👽 

Unbelievable that I would find out about Aliens in Mexico on the PJ forum.. thx for the info!
    "And the young, they can lose hope
    'Cause they can't see beyond today
    The wisdom that the old can't give away, hey
    Constant recoil
    Sometimes life don't leave you alone."
  • I can’t believe this lasted 9 pages
  • George Brett is a Hall of Famer in baseball and shitting your pants stories. 
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,148
    If you're actually looking for a conspiracy I'll just say there is A LOT of tilting toward "3 day resurrection" in this thread
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,148
    And congrats to the Mexican government on finding a discarded Tool video prop
  • pjl44 said:
    And congrats to the Mexican government on finding a discarded Tool video prop
    Haha, winning post.

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    Haults Maul. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Looks like we got an answer. 
This discussion has been closed.