Want a real answer

Comments

• JadlerJadler Posts: 761
    Thought Sun King was great. Also enjoyed Top Golf for the first time which was right across the street from the hotel. Yes, everyone was devastated. However, all being in the same boat helped a lot. Met lots of other fans who traveled like us, and while every one was super bummed I didn’t see anyone screaming with fire and pitchforks. Just really hope they make up the date. If so, this will all be part of the journey to one epic show. 
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    My 9 yr old always demands answers as well

Good luck.  (I spent thousands on this trip and am currently delayed on my return flight, to boot.  I get the dissatisfaction and disappointment)
    Damn man, I feel bad for you. i was a victim of the raleigh cancellation. Why not just come on down south to Austin?

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    Get_Right said:
    For better or worse, free flowing information has never been a characteristic of this band. And they are notoriously private about their personal lives. You pays your money and takes your chances.
    Too true and honestly while it may be fair to want more clarity, demanding it like a petulant child and then also asking for free stuff is a really bad approach to achieving more clarity.  

And hey, are you the "Get-Right" guy I met at the hotel during Ohana 2021?
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• 3days3days Posts: 1,157
    I'm pretty sure we got a real answer. There are risks associated with travel and tours. The band would've played if they reasonably could have. I just hope everyone is okay. 
  • bicyclejoebicyclejoe Posts: 1,203
    Kwieneke said:
    With all due respect, it’s just one of those things we may never know and it is what it is. I feel horrible for everyone who came a long way and had this happen, but it happens. 
    Serious question: Is he really “due respect” after that rant?
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • CO278952CO278952 Posts: 1,346
    AA295481 said:

Nowhere in your drunken rambling post is anything close to being considered a rational thought, we are all now dumber having read it. I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.

love it
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden 07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa 5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin 9.3.24 MSG 9.4.24 MSG Fenway 9.15.24 Fenway 9.17.24
  • Kwieneke said:
    With all due respect, it’s just one of those things we may never know and it is what it is. I feel horrible for everyone who came a long way and had this happen, but it happens. 
    Serious question: Is he really “due respect” after that rant?
    take a look at his posting history...he only posts when he's been "wronged"
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • My hope is they announce the new date sooner than later and give us something to look fwd to.. :) ... I can't wait another 3-4 months to get an update  :bawling:
    "And the young, they can lose hope
    'Cause they can't see beyond today
    The wisdom that the old can't give away, hey
    Constant recoil
    Sometimes life don't leave you alone."
  • lahrenlahren Posts: 111
    Talk about first world problems. Always assume built in risk of cancellation to any long term scheduled event and have a plan B. Go check out the city and enjoy! I sure hope people coming from miles away don't just spend all their extra time in their hotel rooms. Bottom line, the world's not ending. You are fortunate enough to afford flying across the country to see your favorite music act perform. Many people in this world hardly have enough money to eat and pay for shelter. It's ok to be disappointed, that's part of life. But to demand more specific health information from the band and feel like you're the victim? Someone is sick. That's all we need to know. That sucks for them, sucks for us. But in the grand scheme of the universe, we are all very fortunate. Hope the band member(s) in question get well and finish the tour healthy! But sometimes shit happens.
  • My hope is they announce the new date sooner than later and give us something to look fwd to.. :) ... I can't wait another 3-4 months to get an update  :bawling:
    If it is indeed happening in May (rumored) it won’t be announced until whatever other shows then are announced. So based on past timing there’s a pretty good shot we don’t know anything more until March. The odds of hearing anything before the end of the year are really low.
  • edoconedocon Posts: 324
    It would be cool if the 10c members who hold onto their tickets are compensated by having their seats reassigned to best available (in order of 10c seniority) after refunds are processed, before the remaining seats for the make-up date are sold to the public.
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    edocon said:
    It would be cool if the 10c members who hold onto their tickets are compensated by having their seats reassigned to best available (in order of 10c seniority) after refunds are processed, before the remaining seats for the make-up date are sold to the public.
    Good luck on that. It's totally what should happen, but they didn't do that for the Covid tour they postponed for so long. Those of us that held onto our tickets for over a year still had the same seats we originally received while they opened up sales to all the canceled ones to other people. I can't understand why they didn't move us all up, but oh well.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    edited September 2023
    Best seats are subjective. Don't take away my aisle seats to me one section closer but 12 rows back. (This is more of an arena issue than a shed issue, but still.)
    Post edited by JimmyV on

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    Did we ever get a real answer?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,111
    I do feel sorry for all the folks that are bummed. I understand because it still stings about Baltimore cancellation. It’s a new era with Covid though. I tested positive last Wed and am still wrestling with it and I was boosted. My guess is that’s what it is and they are hopeful for a quick turnaround. It takes a-lot for any band, especially a band the caliber of PJ, to cancel a gig and for so many different reasons. I’m sure if show on 13th goes on Ed will mention it. 
  • bobasfeet said:
    I do feel sorry for all the folks that are bummed. I understand because it still stings about Baltimore cancellation. It’s a new era with Covid though. I tested positive last Wed and am still wrestling with it and I was boosted. My guess is that’s what it is and they are hopeful for a quick turnaround. It takes a-lot for any band, especially a band the caliber of PJ, to cancel a gig and for so many different reasons. I’m sure if show on 13th goes on Ed will mention it. 
    I feel you on the Baltimore cancellation.  Judging from the 2013 show, and the fact that Gigaton would've been released the day before the show (I think?), I bet that show would've been spectacular. 
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023; MSG 1 2024
  • mcgruff10 said:
    Don't quote me, but the best and most accurate answer so far is: It was Stone's fault. It's always Stone.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    Poncier said:
    TR233437 said:
    Faightful is my favorite song from Yield. 
    I think you meant Faightful is your favorite song from Yealed
    Lmao 
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    IBTL.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • know1 said:
    What kind of serious medical condition or illness is OK 3 days later. I can't figure that out. Severe food poisoning? An allergic reaction? Appendicitis? 
    Yes, yes, maybe. There are also many others that can go from acute discomfort to manageable in a couple of days. 
    or maybe as many of us think....it was a serious or tough decision to make to cancel the show, and not that the illness itself was serious.
  • know1 said:
    What kind of serious medical condition or illness is OK 3 days later. I can't figure that out. Severe food poisoning? An allergic reaction? Appendicitis? 
    This is what is still not sitting right with me.  What could it be?  Like a broken foot, but now PJ Member has a cast?  But is that even serious?  What is serious but you are back 100% in 3 days?  Just weird wording.
    There's no need to say goodbye
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    edited September 2023
    If EV has COVID (pure speculation) and his throat feels anything like mine does right now, he could not sing for 2+ hours tomorrow.
    Post edited by given2fly23 on
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • know1 said:
    This is what is still not sitting right with me.  What could it be?  Like a broken foot, but now PJ Member has a cast?  But is that even serious?  What is serious but you are back 100% in 3 days?  Just weird wording.
    What? How is a broken foot an illness?  Someone is sick, most likely Covid, just let it be. Those Ft worth shows will never happen imo 
  • dwjmu84dwjmu84 Posts: 387
    know1 said:
    There are a whole host of medical conditions which have acute periods of debilitating symptoms that can resolve rather quickly before re appearing. I’d suggest reading more.

Mike has a Crohn’s ….

Any of the others could have undisclosed issues. 

In any event, it’s nobody’s “right” to know. So, I’d suggest letting it go and moving on. There are much more important things in life (even for those who were inconvenienced by this postponement).

• devonfzdevonfz Posts: 166
    edited September 2023
    Hopefully everybody is good while not life and death. It still hurts when they cancel happened in Sacramento to me anyways, I think an update would be awesome just to let everyone know that everything is back to 100% for Fort Worth. The speculation tomorrow is going to be insane if they don’t announce anything and if they do cancel at the last minute tomorrow then I think people will be really upset. 
    Post edited by devonfz on
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,946
    mcgruff10 said:
    Nothing short of Stone going on stage tomorrow
    with a prosthetic leg will be acceptable.  
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,946
    mcgruff10 said:
    Don't quote me, but the best and most accurate answer so far is: It was Stone's fault. It's always Stone.
    Just saw this 😂
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,339
    know1 said:
    Yes, yes and no.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
    Read the first post and my only take away was wondering what the hell a faightful is.  
    In fairness to the OP, Pearl Jam doesn't know how to spell "faithful" either... but that's the full extent to which I feel the OP gets the benefit of the doubt.
    mace1229 said:
    I had tickets to Indy but canceled our trip a week prior because something came up. I flew to Sacramento for the show last year so I know what it’s like though.
    I wouldn’t want any more information for the Indy show. But if I was going to TX I’d be very curious. Would be nice to know if it was a 24 hour stomach flu or something longer so I could decide if I want to take the risk in traveling or not. Especially if I flew SW and could cancel a flight.
    I understand why they don’t give that information. Just saying it wouldn’t make any difference for me if I was at Indy, would only be curious if I was going to the next show.
    It is a bit odd that we immediately know why Springsteen or Aerosmith is cancelling but it's kind of radio silent from PJ.
    This is not what radio silence means.
This discussion has been closed.