Want a real answer

Comments

• I know it’s already been sung
    Can’t be said enough
    TRAVEL INSURANCE is all you need…
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,339
    know1 said:
    What kind of serious medical condition or illness is OK 3 days later. I can't figure that out. Severe food poisoning? An allergic reaction? Appendicitis? 
    This is what is still not sitting right with me.  What could it be?  Like a broken foot, but now PJ Member has a cast?  But is that even serious?  What is serious but you are back 100% in 3 days?  Just weird wording.
    He/she literally just named two things that would be serious enough to make you unable to perform today but from which you would likely be recovered within three days.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,780
    PB11041 said:
    Get_Right said:
    For better or worse, free flowing information has never been a characteristic of this band. And they are notoriously private about their personal lives. You pays your money and takes your chances.
    Too true and honestly while it may be fair to want more clarity, demanding it like a petulant child and then also asking for free stuff is a really bad approach to achieving more clarity.  

And hey, are you the "Get-Right" guy I met at the hotel during Ohana 2021?

Hampton Inn in Mission Viejo? Possibly, met a few of us that weekend! Waiting an uber to go to the fest?
  • BF25394 said:
    mace1229 said:
    I had tickets to Indy but canceled our trip a week prior because something came up. I flew to Sacramento for the show last year so I know what it’s like though.
    I wouldn’t want any more information for the Indy show. But if I was going to TX I’d be very curious. Would be nice to know if it was a 24 hour stomach flu or something longer so I could decide if I want to take the risk in traveling or not. Especially if I flew SW and could cancel a flight.
    I understand why they don’t give that information. Just saying it wouldn’t make any difference for me if I was at Indy, would only be curious if I was going to the next show.
    It is a bit odd that we immediately know why Springsteen or Aerosmith is cancelling but it's kind of radio silent from PJ.
    This is not what radio silence means.
    Lol... It is actually 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • IAmMyself said:
    I know it’s already been sung
    Can’t be said enough
    I do t think travel insurance would have done anything. 
  • lolobugg said:
    My 9 yr old always demands answers as well

Good luck.  (I spent thousands on this trip and am currently delayed on my return flight, to boot.  I get the dissatisfaction and disappointment)
    Damn man, I feel bad for you. i was a victim of the raleigh cancellation. Why not just come on down south to Austin?
    That's subject to cancellation as well, I guess.  Hope not, hope yall get to enjoy it!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Hankj25Hankj25 Posts: 315
    I am wondering why they haven’t teased any requests on social media about songs we want to hear in FW, etc.  Seemed like they did that for all the other venues so far on this tour at least 24 hours before the show..

hoping those of you in Texas don’t get the gut punch I got Sunday…good luck!

Seattle 8-8-18
    Chicago 8-18-18
    Chicago 8-20-18
    St. Louis 4-4-20
    Denver 4-9-20

Denver 9-22-22
    Noblesville 9-10-23
    Vancouver 5-6-24
    Seattle 5-30-24

EV
    Chicago 2-9-22
    Tempe 2-26-23
  • ham_on_ryeham_on_rye Posts: 207
    edited September 2023
    It did not say who is ill or even if it is a member of the band. What if someone’s kid, parent or spouse is the one that is ill? More importantly, none of us is owed anything but the concert or a refund. The original poster should be embarrassed for acting this way. You are owed nothing. 
    Post edited by ham_on_rye on
  • deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,467
    edited September 2023
    Hankj25 said:
    I am wondering why they haven’t teased any requests on social media about songs we want to hear in FW, etc.  Seemed like they did that for all the other venues so far on this tour at least 24 hours before the show..

hoping those of you in Texas don’t get the gut punch I got Sunday…good luck!

I just looked..those were posted day of with the merch pictures
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    IAmMyself said:
    Can’t be said enough
    For one, a band cancelling a show isn’t a valid reason on any travel insurance I’ve seen. Need a valid reason like illness or injury.
    And two, even if it is, doesn’t help you when you’re already there.
  • 3days3days Posts: 1,157
    Travel insurance is generally not good.... in my opinion.
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,339
    edited September 2023
    BF25394 said:
    mace1229 said:
    I had tickets to Indy but canceled our trip a week prior because something came up. I flew to Sacramento for the show last year so I know what it’s like though.
    I wouldn’t want any more information for the Indy show. But if I was going to TX I’d be very curious. Would be nice to know if it was a 24 hour stomach flu or something longer so I could decide if I want to take the risk in traveling or not. Especially if I flew SW and could cancel a flight.
    I understand why they don’t give that information. Just saying it wouldn’t make any difference for me if I was at Indy, would only be curious if I was going to the next show.
    It is a bit odd that we immediately know why Springsteen or Aerosmith is cancelling but it's kind of radio silent from PJ.
    Lol... It is actually 
    No, radio silence is the ceasing of all communication. "Radio silence" is not issuing a statement announcing a cancellation and providing a reason for the cancellation. LOL.
    Post edited by BF25394 on
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • mace1229 said:
    IAmMyself said:
    Can’t be said enough
    For one, a band cancelling a show isn’t a valid reason on any travel insurance I’ve seen. Need a valid reason like illness or injury.
    And two, even if it is, doesn’t help you when you’re already there.
    There are cancel for any reason policies but as you mentioned once you’re at the place you’ve used the travel services.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Lol... It is actually 
    No, radio silence is the ceasing of all communication. "Radio silence" is not issuing a statement announcing a cancellation and providing a reason for the cancellation. LOL.
    The  radio silence is in reference to the announcement Sunday and then nothing for 48+ hours. Considering there is a show scheduled for less than 24 hours from now and people have gotten no updates since Sunday, I would call that silence. In their defense however they did send out information about a $2K guitar for sale in their shop. So we do know they are capable of communicating. 
  • RYMERYME Posts: 1,904
    tbergs said:
    TN49724 said:
    Both sides of this argument are hilarious.  The pissed off fans (myself included) should know better, and the ones who say “read the lyrics blah blah blah” are equally oblivious.  Do they feel bad?  Eh, sure maybe for like a second.  Going forward, never get tix to a show that follows a known hometown show like Chicago is for Ed.  They were going to go HARD in Chicago as they should.  I blame myself for not seeing it coming a mile away that there was a damn good chance Indy was never happening.  The second that schedule came out I had my doubts and I didn’t learn. Hopefully they reschedule and the sickness is not serious.  
    What are you even talking about? You had your doubts about Indy because they played Chicago a few nights earlier? That makes zero sense. I don't think they've mailed in or dialed down a performance for any of the shows so far.

Man, someone feels like shit for Indy and all the conspiracy theorists start legitimizing themselves.

And for what it's worth, my lyrics comments are for people who try to pretend this bands personal beliefs don't influence who they are as people. Some of the comments are way off the wall if you've actually been following this band and paying attention. But if you think it's all a facade anyway, then I'm even more puzzled why you're paying for a membership and going to shows :pensive:

Anyway,  it really sucks they had to cancel and it's horrible for fans who were traveling. Every time I book something (flights, hotel, car, etc.) I take a risk. I never purchase those insurance options they throw at you when possible, but I suppose I could do that. It's all about how much we're willing to risk if something happens.
    We are in this fanclub for one thing.  All the other topics and Moving Train arguments is just to pass the time until the next tour announcement.  9 Shows a year GOOD LUCK!!  $20/Member,  Then $40  if you wanted to keep the perks like the wonderful Christmas single that we all looked forward to and partially justified the membership that got canceled!! AND now no more anything except some on-line referees SEA & CAT, who patrol & moderate the conversations and no doubt get payed very well to police the froum, our $35/yr.WHAT A WASTE OF TIME AND EFFORT & ENERGY!!  WHAT A FUCKING SCAM THAT THESE LEFTISTS WHO USED TO  CLAME THEY WERE LOOKING OUT FOR THE LITTLE GUY,,,???  The chance every few years to get a chance at tix to a show we can physically get to before they go on sale to the general public & by that time they are gone.  Tickets price$ have skyrocketed over the last few years. 
    The logistics for fans, one you snag a ticket or two....  travel and bloated motel/hotel rates.  This band thinks 9 shows a year is cool yeah they are working hard!!  They can't play 2 days in a row.   So if you want to be in attendance both nights, $400 + Bidenomics fule prices + Hotel/motel if you're an out of towner, have to comit to 2 or 3 nights at the place.

Well than goodness!!  I'm going to 90 year old Willie Nelson's FarmAid in Noblesville Indiana Sept 23!!  Same place ZPJ couldn't cut it.  Too much work for those wimps!!  Johnny Cash sang with Laryngitis One time because he didn't want to let the crowd down.I. t's going to be GREAT!! Because SISSYS aren't invited to play on a Willie Nelson ticket, and you can take that to the bank!!  To PJ once my favorite band  🖕
  • BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Lol... It is actually 
    The  radio silence is in reference to the announcement Sunday and then nothing for 48+ hours. Considering there is a show scheduled for less than 24 hours from now and people have gotten no updates since Sunday, I would call that silence. In their defense however they did send out information about a $2K guitar for sale in their shop. So we do know they are capable of communicating. 
    Well said 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • ☝️ So are you telling me my seniority will move up by at least 1 spot next year?
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • RYMERYME Posts: 1,904
    ☝️ So are you telling me my seniority will move up by at least 1 spot next year?
    Yes I'm done.  I'm done.
    Soooo, I'm moving on up,,, to the east side,,,, where I'll finally get a piece of the pie! 🎶 
    Bleep you PJ!!
  • KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,539
    Is that a legit rant or trolling? Seems personal but I can’t tell 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
    Seattle 5.30.2024  Noblesville 8.26.2024  Chicago 8.29.2024  Chicago 8.31.2024 
  • BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Lol... It is actually 
    The most recent update is that the next shows are on. Unless that changes, they are still a go. This is a case of no news is good news.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    ☝️ So are you telling me my seniority will move up by at least 1 spot next year?
    You'll still move back a row or two. I haven't moved closer in 20 years, so don't hold your breath. 
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • JBob87JBob87 Posts: 457
    If tomorrow goes on w zero issues, Indy cancellation really setting off the BS detector 
  • know1 said:
    Just a thought but maybe traveling an absurd distance for shows isn’t a great decision at this point given the past few years? Or at least taking into account the odds a show may be postponed/cancelled and not complaining about it when things don’t go your way. I’ve traveled the states and even into Europe to see this band, but at the rate things are going I’m sitting these tours out until I see they can make it through a run of shows without something going wrong. 
    Being a member of the fan club isn't a great decision these days. Tickets get worse every show and now lots of shows getting canceled. And they barely tour anywhere. 
    I am grateful that I got fan club tickets for three shows this tour that cost $160 a piece when they sold tickets a row behind me for $800+.  Yeah, maybe I am further back than I normally was back in the day, but I got a ticket with a market value of $800 for $160 with no effort other than joining a fan club lottery. 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,835
    edited September 2023
    Zod said:
    tbergs said:
    TN49724 said:
    Both sides of this argument are hilarious.  The pissed off fans (myself included) should know better, and the ones who say “read the lyrics blah blah blah” are equally oblivious.  Do they feel bad?  Eh, sure maybe for like a second.  Going forward, never get tix to a show that follows a known hometown show like Chicago is for Ed.  They were going to go HARD in Chicago as they should.  I blame myself for not seeing it coming a mile away that there was a damn good chance Indy was never happening.  The second that schedule came out I had my doubts and I didn’t learn. Hopefully they reschedule and the sickness is not serious.  
    What are you even talking about? You had your doubts about Indy because they played Chicago a few nights earlier? That makes zero sense. I don't think they've mailed in or dialed down a performance for any of the shows so far.

Man, someone feels like shit for Indy and all the conspiracy theorists start legitimizing themselves.

And for what it's worth, my lyrics comments are for people who try to pretend this bands personal beliefs don't influence who they are as people. Some of the comments are way off the wall if you've actually been following this band and paying attention. But if you think it's all a facade anyway, then I'm even more puzzled why you're paying for a membership and going to shows :pensive:

Anyway,  it really sucks they had to cancel and it's horrible for fans who were traveling. Every time I book something (flights, hotel, car, etc.) I take a risk. I never purchase those insurance options they throw at you when possible, but I suppose I could do that. It's all about how much we're willing to risk if something happens.

I think that posters superstition was like mine, when I see a tour lineup and a veteran band, has a bunch of back to back dates in the schedule (and even worse if they have back to back dates in different cities).  You just start thinking.. how long until the singer has problems.   I think's what the poster was going after... Sort of what happened with Steve Tyler.. go for broke, and then there's no voice for more dates.

I don't think it applies in this case.. but those back to back dates always getting me thinking when I see schedules.
    I think the poster’s assumption was that with five nights in Chicago that band would have a good time living it up and someone get sick
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Someone mentioned Indy may have been an epic show.  Epic shows like Moline, Charlottesville, etc… are non-existent anymore with their new set.  Great shows, but the shows all bleed together now.  Tough to go from 35 songs to 24.  

Playing Insignificance right now puts a show ahead of other shows.  Great song, but not a song that should make a show special compared to others.  
  • Well you will all find out today I would think.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,561
    JBob87 said:
    If tomorrow goes on w zero issues, Indy cancellation really setting off the BS detector 
    Yeah sure. They put out a fake statement and everything was really fine. They just wanted to fuck up their own tour schedule, lose out on the revenue from the concert and piss off a bunch of people. Definitely the most logical assessment. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • JBob87 said:
    This is the dumbest thing I've read yet
  • Looks like it's a go
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,403
    Looks like it's a go
    They had merch for Noblesville too, but that wasn't a go.
This discussion has been closed.