Want a real answer

Comments

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    I’m not sure what you want. If you just found out yesterday that Nobelsville is not Indy, that’s kind of on you.
    But there’s only 2 things we can be certain of.
    1. They would t cancel unless they had to. It’s a huge expense to cancel or postpone a show.
    2. People would be upset and complain no matter how they handled it. Cancel too early, maybe they could have gotten better. Cancel too late and people are already there. People are not going to be happy either way.
  • NitroNitro Posts: 265
    It definitely is a bummer for people heading into town and missing the concert. Make the most of it though and do something fun. Or maybe you can make a sad playlist for your 10 hour drive home
  • Is the person that “wants a real answer” wanting a doctor’s note? The situation is awful for folks that have planned and traveled but it is also catastrophic for a band in this situation. I’m sure there are insurance claims and different parties that are damaged by this. Also, it’s kind of concerning to not know what is up in regard to the welfare of the band members. I think if it was Covid they would say that it is. 
  • The release stating “It’s obviously serious” is a bit strange and a lot concerning with how vague the release is. People really just want to know more considering they are suppose to take the stage again on Wednesday.
  • Is the person that “wants a real answer” wanting a doctor’s note? The situation is awful for folks that have planned and traveled but it is also catastrophic for a band in this situation. I’m sure there are insurance claims and different parties that are damaged by this. Also, it’s kind of concerning to not know what is up in regard to the welfare of the band members. I think if it was Covid they would say that it is. 
    The original poster isn't looking for a doctors note, or a real answer.
    They let you know exactly what they want at the end of his/her rant.

FREE MERCHANDISE 

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,561
    TN49724 said:
    Both sides of this argument are hilarious.  The pissed off fans (myself included) should know better, and the ones who say “read the lyrics blah blah blah” are equally oblivious.  Do they feel bad?  Eh, sure maybe for like a second.  Going forward, never get tix to a show that follows a known hometown show like Chicago is for Ed.  They were going to go HARD in Chicago as they should.  I blame myself for not seeing it coming a mile away that there was a damn good chance Indy was never happening.  The second that schedule came out I had my doubts and I didn’t learn. Hopefully they reschedule and the sickness is not serious.  
    What are you even talking about? You had your doubts about Indy because they played Chicago a few nights earlier? That makes zero sense. I don't think they've mailed in or dialed down a performance for any of the shows so far.

Man, someone feels like shit for Indy and all the conspiracy theorists start legitimizing themselves.

And for what it's worth, my lyrics comments are for people who try to pretend this bands personal beliefs don't influence who they are as people. Some of the comments are way off the wall if you've actually been following this band and paying attention. But if you think it's all a facade anyway, then I'm even more puzzled why you're paying for a membership and going to shows :pensive:

Anyway,  it really sucks they had to cancel and it's horrible for fans who were traveling. Every time I book something (flights, hotel, car, etc.) I take a risk. I never purchase those insurance options they throw at you when possible, but I suppose I could do that. It's all about how much we're willing to risk if something happens.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    Is the person that “wants a real answer” wanting a doctor’s note? The situation is awful for folks that have planned and traveled but it is also catastrophic for a band in this situation. I’m sure there are insurance claims and different parties that are damaged by this. Also, it’s kind of concerning to not know what is up in regard to the welfare of the band members. I think if it was Covid they would say that it is. 
    The original poster isn't looking for a doctors note, or a real answer.
    They let you know exactly what they want at the end of his/her rant.

FREE MERCHANDISE 

:lol:

Truth

• That’s nice but wanting Footsteps played for his wife is concerning 😂
    The favorite song of my wife (also German and also named Stefanie) is ‘The End’

By extension, this would be our request… 😂
  • treestrees Posts: 1,866
    cjorea said:
    This dude didn’t ask for an answer… just saying.

Right on.it is what it is .safe travels to all and good energy to all

PJ Cuyahoga Flalls OH 8/26/1998
    PJ Noblesviile IN 8/18/2000
    PJ Cincinnatti OH 8/20/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    PJ Hamilton Ontario 9/13/2005
    PJ Phiadelphia PA 10/3/2005
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/20/2006
    PJ Columbia SC 6/16/2008.....
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    e.V Bailtimore MD 6/14/2009...
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    .PJ...Philly PA 10/27/2009 PJ.Philadephia PA 10/28/2009.
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/9/2010.
    BRAD Columbus OH 10/5/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    .PJ.. East Troy WI 9/3/2011..PJ..East Troy WI 9/4/2011
    Neil Young & Crazy Horse Cleveland OH 10/8/2012
    RNDM Chicago IL11/13/2012
    Alice In Chains/SoundGarden Columbus OH 5/19/2013
    AIC Fort Wayne IN 5/21/2013
    PJ Pittsburgh PA 10/11/2013
    AIC Cincinnati OH 5/17/2014
    AIC Cleveland OH 5/19/2014
    AIC Indianapolis IN 8/19/2014
    PJ Cincinnati OH 10/1/2014
    AIC Cincinnati OH 8/06/2015
    RNDM Chicago IL 3/15/2016
    PJ Columbia SC 4\21\2016
    PJ Lexington KY 4/26/2016
    PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2016
    Soundgarden Columbus OH 5/20/2017 Canceled RIP Chris
    AIC Columbus OH 5/18/2018 
    PJ Chicago IL 8/18/2018 PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2018
    PJ St Louis Missouri 9/18/2022
    AIC Cuyohoga falls Oh. 8/16/2019
    SHAWNSMITH Rip 2019Mark Lanegan Band 5/18/19
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    What kind of serious medical condition or illness is OK 3 days later. I can't figure that out. Severe food poisoning? An allergic reaction? Appendicitis? 
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • StardogChamp79StardogChamp79 Posts: 1,007
    edited September 2023
    I blame the Chicago Bears 🐻👎🏻. They still suck! Get well Pearl Jam!
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 03, 2011); Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 04, 2011); Deluna Fest Pensacola, FL (September 21, 2012); Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013); Milwaukee, WI (October 20, 2014); Wrigley Field I (August 20, 2016); Wrigley Field II (August 22, 2016); Home Shows Seattle Night 1 (August 08, 2018), Home Shows Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018), Apollo Theater (September 10, 2022), Madison Square Garden (September 11, 2022), Bourbon & Beyond Louisville (September 17th, 2022). 
  • ☝️He's not wrong.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    tbergs said:
    TN49724 said:
    Both sides of this argument are hilarious.  The pissed off fans (myself included) should know better, and the ones who say “read the lyrics blah blah blah” are equally oblivious.  Do they feel bad?  Eh, sure maybe for like a second.  Going forward, never get tix to a show that follows a known hometown show like Chicago is for Ed.  They were going to go HARD in Chicago as they should.  I blame myself for not seeing it coming a mile away that there was a damn good chance Indy was never happening.  The second that schedule came out I had my doubts and I didn’t learn. Hopefully they reschedule and the sickness is not serious.  
    What are you even talking about? You had your doubts about Indy because they played Chicago a few nights earlier? That makes zero sense. I don't think they've mailed in or dialed down a performance for any of the shows so far.

Man, someone feels like shit for Indy and all the conspiracy theorists start legitimizing themselves.

And for what it's worth, my lyrics comments are for people who try to pretend this bands personal beliefs don't influence who they are as people. Some of the comments are way off the wall if you've actually been following this band and paying attention. But if you think it's all a facade anyway, then I'm even more puzzled why you're paying for a membership and going to shows :pensive:

Anyway,  it really sucks they had to cancel and it's horrible for fans who were traveling. Every time I book something (flights, hotel, car, etc.) I take a risk. I never purchase those insurance options they throw at you when possible, but I suppose I could do that. It's all about how much we're willing to risk if something happens.

I think that posters superstition was like mine, when I see a tour lineup and a veteran band, has a bunch of back to back dates in the schedule (and even worse if they have back to back dates in different cities).  You just start thinking.. how long until the singer has problems.   I think's what the poster was going after... Sort of what happened with Steve Tyler.. go for broke, and then there's no voice for more dates.

I don't think it applies in this case.. but those back to back dates always getting me thinking when I see schedules.
    Zod said:
    tbergs said:
    TN49724 said:

I think that posters superstition was like mine, when I see a tour lineup and a veteran band, has a bunch of back to back dates in the schedule (and even worse if they have back to back dates in different cities).  You just start thinking.. how long until the singer has problems.   I think's what the poster was going after... Sort of what happened with Steve Tyler.. go for broke, and then there's no voice for more dates.

I don't think it applies in this case.. but those back to back dates always getting me thinking when I see schedules.
    I guess, but I don't really consider 2 days off much of a grind. They're obviously taking more time to make sure they can recover for each show. No more 2 or 3 nights in a row for these guys.
  • on2legs said:
    tbergs said:
    Some of these threads are so odd. It's like,  "Hey,  I'm a huge fan and have tickets to my favorite band!" But then it turns into, "These greedy assholes better tell me what's really going on and it better not be Covid bullshit!"

Ahhh, when's the last time you people read the lyrics to a song they wrote in the last 20 years or seen the causes they support? It's you, you're the problem. :lol:  
    This. 

As if Pearl Jam’s scheme was to pretend to play a show so they could lure 18 thousand people to Indiana and just sell them merch for a show they never planned to play. 
    Well said.  Bravo!
    1992: 7/25 Denver, CO (Lollapalooza)
    1993: 11/30 Las Vegas, NV (Vault #5) - 12/1 Las Vegas, NV
    1998: 7/11 Las Vegas, NV
    2000: 10/22 Las Vegas, NV (10th anniversary)
    2003: 4/1 Denver, CO
    2006: 7/3 Denver, CO
    2014: 10/22 Denver, CO
    2020: 4/11 Phoenix, AZ
    2022: 5/9 Phoenix, AZ - 5/20 Las Vegas, NV

Eddie Vedder/Earthlings
    2022: 10/7 Las Vegas, NV
  • Read the first post and my only take away was wondering what the hell a faightful is.  
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 651
    know1 said:
    What kind of serious medical condition or illness is OK 3 days later. I can't figure that out. Severe food poisoning? An allergic reaction? Appendicitis? 
    Yes, yes, maybe. There are also many others that can go from acute discomfort to manageable in a couple of days. 
  • Faightful is my favorite song from Yield. 
    11/23/93 Oklahoma City, 10/4/96 Charlotte, 10/5/96 Charleston, SC, 8/31/98 Raleigh, 9/4/98 Greenville, SC, 8/4/00 Charlotte, 8/6/00 Greensboro, NC, 10/22/00 Las Vegas, 4/15/03 Raleigh, 4/16/03 Charlotte, 8/5/07 Chicago, 6/16/08 Columbia, SC, 10/30/13 Charlotte, 4/21/16 Columbia, SC
    Wrigley Field 1 2016, Wrigley Field 2 2016, Wrigley Field 1 2018, Wrigley Field 2 2018, Fenway Park 2 2018, Nashville 2022, Denver 2022, St. Paul 1 2023, St. Paul 2 2023, Austin 1 2023, Austin 2 2023
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    tbergs said:
    Zod said:
    tbergs said:
    TN49724 said:

I guess, but I don't really consider 2 days off much of a grind. They're obviously taking more time to make sure they can recover for each show. No more 2 or 3 nights in a row for these guys.
    Yah, I don't think I consider that much of a grind, I was just talking about other bands tours where there's so many back to back dates, and not enough dates spaced out, you can just feel cancellations in their schedules :)
  • I want
    i want
    I WAAAANNNNTTTT!
  • PinoyPJPinoyPJ Posts: 282
    mr bungle said:
    I guess from now on it’s best to really think about choosing shows that you have to travel to specially if it involves flying and hotel stays! 
    My take aways from the last couple of tours is 1. Try and get tix for the beginning of the tour.  2. If traveling to a show, make sure it's a city you want to visit regardless if the band plays or not.  3.  Mentally prepare for anything happening last minute.

Now i just need to practice what i'm preaching as im traveling to Austin for hopefully both shows
    travelling to a new city to see PJ is a plus!  
    ride amongst the waves...
  • Want  sums  up a lot of the fan base atm.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,109
    Cold comfort for people, who in their roundabout way, are just bummed about a cancelled show, which is fair…

BUT, my own personal rule is: I will never travel to a show in a place I wouldn’t otherwise visit. 2018 London night 2 gets cancelled?  Went across town to the see The Rolling Stones instead.

Everyone saw the Deer Creek show on this weird itinerary and thought it would be the weird epic one everyone would remember.  Maybe it would’ve been.  I’ll duck for cover after this next statement, but I’ll take a hits show in a cool town over a special set in some weird locale any day.  Let the show be part of the scenery you’re taking in rather than the only thing you’re taking in.
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
    2023-08-31 Wrigley 2
    2023-09-15 Fenway 1
  • vant0037 said:
    Cold comfort for people, who in their roundabout way, are just bummed about a cancelled show, which is fair…

BUT, my own personal rule is: I will never travel to a show in a place I wouldn’t otherwise visit. 2018 London night 2 gets cancelled?  Went across town to the see The Rolling Stones instead.

Everyone saw the Deer Creek show on this weird itinerary and thought it would be the weird epic one everyone would remember.  Maybe it would’ve been.  I’ll duck for cover after this next statement, but I’ll take a hits show in a cool town over a special set in some weird locale any day.  Let the show be part of the scenery you’re taking in rather than the only thing you’re taking in.
    True... and the ease of getting tickets and being close to venue is what had me choose St Paul. Normally I'm always at any Chicago show but lodging price and not wanting to stay near UC was a factor. I won't set foot in Texas so that left MN.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    I had tickets to Indy but canceled our trip a week prior because something came up. I flew to Sacramento for the show last year so I know what it’s like though.
    I wouldn’t want any more information for the Indy show. But if I was going to TX I’d be very curious. Would be nice to know if it was a 24 hour stomach flu or something longer so I could decide if I want to take the risk in traveling or not. Especially if I flew SW and could cancel a flight.
    I understand why they don’t give that information. Just saying it wouldn’t make any difference for me if I was at Indy, would only be curious if I was going to the next show.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,779
    For better or worse, free flowing information has never been a characteristic of this band. And they are notoriously private about their personal lives. You pays your money and takes your chances.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    I do, too. Why was Philly included in that 2023 tour teaser video? Tell us. TELL US!!!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • I think the Foo Fighters have had a great touring schedule this past spring/summer.  They did a lot of shows but with a couple weeks of breaks between groups of shows.  The model was really successful.  They hit a bunch of cities, were rested, zero cancellations.  It’s something to be considered going forward.
  • vant0037 said:

True... and the ease of getting tickets and being close to venue is what had me choose St Paul. Normally I'm always at any Chicago show but lodging price and not wanting to stay near UC was a factor. I won't set foot in Texas so that left MN.
    just FYI...we stayed at Hyatt House near the UC and the area was great. No problem walking to and from the UC. Tons of restaurants and shops in the area.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • mace1229 said:
    I had tickets to Indy but canceled our trip a week prior because something came up. I flew to Sacramento for the show last year so I know what it’s like though.
    I wouldn’t want any more information for the Indy show. But if I was going to TX I’d be very curious. Would be nice to know if it was a 24 hour stomach flu or something longer so I could decide if I want to take the risk in traveling or not. Especially if I flew SW and could cancel a flight.
    I understand why they don’t give that information. Just saying it wouldn’t make any difference for me if I was at Indy, would only be curious if I was going to the next show.
    It is a bit odd that we immediately know why Springsteen or Aerosmith is cancelling but it's kind of radio silent from PJ.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
This discussion has been closed.