Want a real answer

Comments

• KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,539
    vant0037 said:
    Cold comfort for people, who in their roundabout way, are just bummed about a cancelled show, which is fair…

BUT, my own personal rule is: I will never travel to a show in a place I wouldn’t otherwise visit. 2018 London night 2 gets cancelled?  Went across town to the see The Rolling Stones instead.

Everyone saw the Deer Creek show on this weird itinerary and thought it would be the weird epic one everyone would remember.  Maybe it would’ve been.  I’ll duck for cover after this next statement, but I’ll take a hits show in a cool town over a special set in some weird locale any day.  Let the show be part of the scenery you’re taking in rather than the only thing you’re taking in.
    True... and the ease of getting tickets and being close to venue is what had me choose St Paul. Normally I'm always at any Chicago show but lodging price and not wanting to stay near UC was a factor. I won't set foot in Texas so that left MN.
    just FYI...we stayed at Hyatt House near the UC and the area was great. No problem walking to and from the UC. Tons of restaurants and shops in the area.
    I also stayed at Hyatt House. Walk was super easy and you were close to plenty of busy areas. If you walk quick like we do it took less than 20 minutes to get to or from
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
    Seattle 5.30.2024  Noblesville 8.26.2024  Chicago 8.29.2024  Chicago 8.31.2024 
  • vant0037 said:
    Cold comfort for people, who in their roundabout way, are just bummed about a cancelled show, which is fair…

BUT, my own personal rule is: I will never travel to a show in a place I wouldn’t otherwise visit. 2018 London night 2 gets cancelled?  Went across town to the see The Rolling Stones instead.

Everyone saw the Deer Creek show on this weird itinerary and thought it would be the weird epic one everyone would remember.  Maybe it would’ve been.  I’ll duck for cover after this next statement, but I’ll take a hits show in a cool town over a special set in some weird locale any day.  Let the show be part of the scenery you’re taking in rather than the only thing you’re taking in.
    True... and the ease of getting tickets and being close to venue is what had me choose St Paul. Normally I'm always at any Chicago show but lodging price and not wanting to stay near UC was a factor. I won't set foot in Texas so that left MN.
    just FYI...we stayed at Hyatt House near the UC and the area was great. No problem walking to and from the UC. Tons of restaurants and shops in the area.
    We stayed at the Courtyard Marriot in the medical district right down the road from the Hyatt. Little Italy (with a bunch of great restaurants) was a short walk away and the Polk St L train station was even closer. They even had a shuttle that took us back and forth to the shows. 
  • vant0037 said:

Same here. Like I said in another post, we lived in Indy for a few years, and I don't think an Ed house concert could make me go back there. My husband had work commitments during the Chicago dates, so we took a pass on this tour.

"I want": when my kids were little and doing that high-pitched "I WANT," I would say "I want good behavior and a vacation to Tahiti!" Eventually, I got eye rolls -- still haven't been to Tahiti.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • You asked for cover 🙂 - you don't necessarily need it, because I think you are correct but,
    vant0037 said:
     I’ll take a hits show in a cool town over a special set in some weird locale any day.  Let the show be part of the scenery you’re taking in rather than the only thing you’re taking in.
    Of all the shows you have listed, a hits show over some special set at Deer Creek? No. Way. 😆

Obviously joking here, but...

Barring the Live Nation takeover, that place is awesome. And while it doesn't necessarily fit the mold of a cool city, the scenery of that place, plus the "prospect" of a Moline style No Code setlist = EPIC.... Not to mention, the eighth of mushrooms I would have consumed would have lasted well into my night of camping at SleepyBear, and show or no show, the scenery would've been just fine.

Want want want?? - F yeah... Pissed off - F yeah - I bet the band was even more so.

To each their own on this, but maybe I can offer an example of how some people "use" the scenery afforded to them - not saying anyone was right in this situation, but that 2012 Euro tour had a number of GA shows, and I was traveling with a "group" that were dead set on getting the rail... The end result was hours upon hours of waiting in the GA line, taking in the cool scenery of the sidewalk rather than the streets of e.g. Copenhagen, Stockholm, Oslo, and on.... I mean what better way to see some of Europe than parking our rented a car and hanging outside an O2 arena all day?

I did it once - waited in line, stood dead center for a Long Road opening that sent me to tears, and the whole experience was AWESOME, but maybe save it for e.g. Fort Worth?

In short, I think you are right on this... And OP was somewhat "right" on this as well - the whole situation sucks..., and not knowing what exactly happened, even tougher... While it isn't necessarily a case of "we deserve a better explanation," more details might have helped in some cases, e.g. Bruce Springsteen cancelling shows off because of pelptic-ulcer disease may help others get diagnosed????
    Long shot, but if more details could've helped on this one, I'm sure the band would have done it.

Stopping short of calling up TMZ on this one 🤣, the "high road" of that German dude whose honeymoon was dramatically altered was wünderschön...

Speaking of which, can we send this guy and his wife to Austin? Its better than Nobelesville, and I don't necessarily want them to see Dallas, with the exception perhaps of that Yellow Ledbetter rail train they have

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    mace1229 said:
    I had tickets to Indy but canceled our trip a week prior because something came up. I flew to Sacramento for the show last year so I know what it’s like though.
    I wouldn’t want any more information for the Indy show. But if I was going to TX I’d be very curious. Would be nice to know if it was a 24 hour stomach flu or something longer so I could decide if I want to take the risk in traveling or not. Especially if I flew SW and could cancel a flight.
    I understand why they don’t give that information. Just saying it wouldn’t make any difference for me if I was at Indy, would only be curious if I was going to the next show.
    It is a bit odd that we immediately know why Springsteen or Aerosmith is cancelling but it's kind of radio silent from PJ.
    We know why Springsteen is postponing the September shows. I don't believe there was as much clarity about those Philly shows a few weeks ago. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • cjorea said:
    You asked for cover 🙂 - you don't necessarily need it, because I think you are correct but,
    vant0037 said:
     I’ll take a hits show in a cool town over a special set in some weird locale any day.  Let the show be part of the scenery you’re taking in rather than the only thing you’re taking in.
    Of all the shows you have listed, a hits show over some special set at Deer Creek? No. Way. 😆

Obviously joking here, but...

Barring the Live Nation takeover, that place is awesome. And while it doesn't necessarily fit the mold of a cool city, the scenery of that place, plus the "prospect" of a Moline style No Code setlist = EPIC.... Not to mention, the eighth of mushrooms I would have consumed would have lasted well into my night of camping at SleepyBear, and show or no show, the scenery would've been just fine.

Want want want?? - F yeah... Pissed off - F yeah - I bet the band was even more so.

To each their own on this, but maybe I can offer an example of how some people "use" the scenery afforded to them - not saying anyone was right in this situation, but that 2012 Euro tour had a number of GA shows, and I was traveling with a "group" that were dead set on getting the rail... The end result was hours upon hours of waiting in the GA line, taking in the cool scenery of the sidewalk rather than the streets of e.g. Copenhagen, Stockholm, Oslo, and on.... I mean what better way to see some of Europe than parking our rented a car and hanging outside an O2 arena all day?

I did it once - waited in line, stood dead center for a Long Road opening that sent me to tears, and the whole experience was AWESOME, but maybe save it for e.g. Fort Worth?

In short, I think you are right on this... And OP was somewhat "right" on this as well - the whole situation sucks..., and not knowing what exactly happened, even tougher... While it isn't necessarily a case of "we deserve a better explanation," more details might have helped in some cases, e.g. Bruce Springsteen cancelling shows off because of pelptic-ulcer disease may help others get diagnosed????
    Long shot, but if more details could've helped on this one, I'm sure the band would have done it.

Stopping short of calling up TMZ on this one 🤣, the "high road" of that German dude whose honeymoon was dramatically altered was wünderschön...

Speaking of which, can we send this guy and his wife to Austin? Its better than Nobelesville, and I don't necessarily want them to see Dallas, with the exception perhaps of that Yellow Ledbetter rail train they have

I'll give Live Nation credit for making Deer Creek usable. At the 2010 show I missed two songs just standing in line to use the restroom. They have added TONS of restrooms since then. The restrooms located off of the back of the lawn weren't there in 2010...neither were the added buildings behind the main strip that house a tons of restrooms. 

Of course they added all those decks and shit but just being able to run out and use a urinal in two minutes is great.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • MercuryMercury Posts: 397
    mace1229 said:
    I had tickets to Indy but canceled our trip a week prior because something came up. I flew to Sacramento for the show last year so I know what it’s like though.
    I wouldn’t want any more information for the Indy show. But if I was going to TX I’d be very curious. Would be nice to know if it was a 24 hour stomach flu or something longer so I could decide if I want to take the risk in traveling or not. Especially if I flew SW and could cancel a flight.
    I understand why they don’t give that information. Just saying it wouldn’t make any difference for me if I was at Indy, would only be curious if I was going to the next show.
    It is a bit odd that we immediately know why Springsteen or Aerosmith is cancelling but it's kind of radio silent from PJ.
    Regardless of reason, Aerosmith had the rescheduled dates when they announced the postponement. Medical stuff, it’s personal, we’re all curious, but really doesn’t concern us. What will happen to the show? That seems fair to do in a timely manner. Wish they could do it the way so many other big acts do. Knowledge is power and most fans travel some
    distance, that’s the thing we most wanna know. 
  • TR233437 said:
    Faightful is my favorite song from Yield. 
    You should know how to spell it then lol 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl5JYR_13As

Obviously, a Code Red was ordered. Case closed.
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,834
    edited September 2023
    We’re flying into Houston this morning and plan on hitting all 4 Texas shows.   However we have baseball/ football games, site seeing , hiking, a 10k race in Fort Worth on Sunday morning and many other events planed.  We use Pearl Jam tours as the foundation for our vacation but we build around it.  

As the band gets older postponement/ cancellation are going to be more common.  If you’re going to travel extensively for the sole purpose of a show or two you really need to weigh the risk/ reward.

whether we get 4 shows or zero this  will be an amazing trip….why, cause I’m on it and I’m the funnest guy I know. 

Post edited by D-Rod on
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....Las Vegas N1, Las Vegas N2, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Boston N1, Boston N2
    2025.....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    Everyone really needs to wake up to the fact that this sort of thing is probably only going to get worse from here on out. This band is not exactly young anymore, so the odds of sickness and injuries will only increase in the coming years. They are human beings. 

Someone said something earlier about sitting out tours until the band can prove this sort of thing doesn't happen. Well...you'll never see this band again if that's your attitude. Sickness, injuries, cancelations, and life happens to all of us. 
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    D-Rod said:
    We’re flying into Houston this morning and plan on hitting all 4 Texas shows.   However we have baseball/ football games, site seeing , hiking, a 10k race in Fort Worth on Sunday morning and many other events planed.  We use Pearl Jam tours as the foundation for our vacation but we build around it.  

As the band gets older postponement/ cancellation are going to be more common.  If you’re going to travel extensively for the sole purpose of a show or two you really need to weigh the risk/ reward.

whether we get 4 shows or zero this  will be an amazing trip….why, cause I’m on it and I’m the funnest guy I know. 

You must not know a lot of people.  ;)
    Have fun bud!  I look forward to the stadium review.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • I don’t like this talk of it’s going to be more common now. We don’t know what the future holds. The Cure just finished a 27 show North American tour and I don’t believe they had any issues or cancellations.
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    Sorry folks, band don't care. Premium ticket holders out front shoulda told you.
  • I don’t like this talk of it’s going to be more common now. We don’t know what the future holds. The Cure just finished a 27 show North American tour and I don’t believe they had any issues or cancellations.
    Flu/covid not going around for pretty much all of that tour

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    mcgruff10 said:
    D-Rod said:

That didn’t take long Mike.  I volleyed that nicely and you didn’t let me down .  Spike right down the middle.   
        I will have my review and photos of minute maid park on my FB account early tomorrow. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2024.....Las Vegas N1, Las Vegas N2, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Boston N1, Boston N2
    edited September 2023
    I don’t like this talk of it’s going to be more common now. We don’t know what the future holds. The Cure just finished a 27 show North American tour and I don’t believe they had any issues or cancellations.
    How many cancellations/ postponement from 1993-2018? How many from 2022-2023?  I’m not saying it will be common but it will be more common than the past. 

In the past the band members were young and healthy enough to fight through sickness. I remember Stone looking terrible at the Detroit 2014 show and he kept leaving the stage. It’s harder once you get over the age of 55.  
           Of course I’m simply assuming that since I’m still in my 40 and look/feel amazing, 
    Post edited by D-Rod on
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    edited September 2023
    D-Rod said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    D-Rod said:

That didn’t take long Mike.  I volleyed that nicely and you didn’t let me down .  Spike right down the middle.   
        I will have my review and photos of minute maid park on my FB account early tomorrow. 
    Ha ha.  Enjoy bud! Looking forward to the photos and review. Your better half going with you?
    mcgruff10 said:
    D-Rod said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    D-Rod said:

Ha ha.  Enjoy bud! Looking forward to the photos and review. You’re better half going with you?
    Of course,  the L-Rod is sitting with me at the Atlanta airport as we speak.   She is the reason I end up coming home in one piece.  I will tell her you said “hi”. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,204
    ss15 GIF
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,755
    Eddie postponed his entire solo tour in 2012. Shit happens and it’s not new. Pick cities you’d go to even without a show. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
    ComeToTX said:
    Eddie postponed his entire solo tour in 2012. Shit happens and it’s not new. Pick cities you’d go to even without a show. 
    Bingo.  It's like traveling for a sporting event, sometimes games like concerts will get canceled.  Pick a city you are interested in visiting on its own.
  • KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,539
    ComeToTX said:
    oh wow, what happened there?
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
    Seattle 5.30.2024  Noblesville 8.26.2024  Chicago 8.29.2024  Chicago 8.31.2024 
    Kwieneke said:
    ComeToTX said:
    oh wow, what happened there?
    If memory serve me correct he pulled a muscle in his back and that was causing dumbing of his fingers.   
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
  • cjorea said:
    This dude didn’t ask for an answer… just saying.

That's a funny song to request for your wife.
  • TR233437 said:
    You should know how to spell it then lol 
    We all beleaf.
  • Entitled much? We're all gutted over this but to say Deer Creek is the only thing to do in Noblesville is just dumb. There were a ton of Pearl Jam fans all looking for something to do. Me and the wife went to Indy for a burger at Kumas Corner, hung out in the hotel parking lot and had a joint and a drink with fellow jammers, I know a bunch went to Top Golf. Quit your whining.
    Lollapalooza 1992 Mansfield MA
    STL 2014
    Wrigley Aug 20th 2016
    St Louis 2022

I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.
  • Entitled much? We're all gutted over this but to say Deer Creek is the only thing to do in Noblesville is just dumb. There were a ton of Pearl Jam fans all looking for something to do. Me and the wife went to Indy for a burger at Kumas Corner, hung out in the hotel parking lot and had a joint and a drink with fellow jammers, I know a bunch went to Top Golf. Quit your whining.
    lol...I live here and was going to say the same thing. Going to downtown Noblesville isn't too much different than exploring a neighborhood in downtown Chicago. Lots of cool bars, restaurants, shops, etc. 

In the spring the new Bier Brewery is going to be open south of downtown which will kick all kinds of ass.

Oh yeah...we also have a Costco opening in November so there.

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,652
    TR233437 said:
    I think you meant Faightful is your favorite song from Yealed
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Nowhere in your drunken rambling post is anything close to being considered a rational thought, we are all now dumber having read it. I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.

This discussion has been closed.