Pearl Jam Ruoff Music Center Postponement

Comments

• PLEASE please please I am begging you PJ, do not make the reschedule date May 18.

When I arrived back home from Indy on Monday, I had a save the date for a family wedding waiting for me in the mailbox for this date. I just got a bad feeling immediately like oh man I hope it’s not that exact day.

Sunday was such a weird day, as many others have already detailed here.  The super excited feeling driving in the morning, knowing it was set to be the most beautiful outdoor weather forecast there possible. Getting to Indy and hearing the shocking and disappointing news, then quickly accepting it and hoping everything was ok with the band and scrambling to change plans/hotels etc. Then making the best of the night and looking forward to be able to come back for the makeup show. Fingers crossed here it won’t be that day now but I’m nervous with my luck lol.
    Ok so it will be on 5/18 lol 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,142
    pjl44 said:
    I had it for the first time this week and I have am fully vaxxed, and I would say this is not "just a cold" or even like the flu. I had the flu before, and it even landed me in the hospital with pneumonia but even that was not like this last week. I don't want to have this shit again and I have no idea how anyone would be able to perform or even act like a normal person in public having it. All I could do all week was sleep. I woke up for bouts of fever, coughing and sneezing, lost ten lbs and today feel better for the first time. Fuck covid, get your vaccines. I don't even understand how people are up in arms against vaccines now. We seem to live in upside down world now.
    This is not the best pro-vaccine testimonial
    Interesting route this thread has gone. Maybe the above person wouldnt have survived to make the “anti-vax” post if that were their stance
    Maybe, maybe not. I'm not convinced tacking on boosters is providing much protection against subsequent strains. We're a ways out from those initial studies that crushed that first strain.
  • I would love May 21.
  • BSullyBSully Posts: 1,183
    I will take any date at this point, as long as it's not canceled.
    I have my tickets and I want to keep them!
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,321
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    I had it for the first time this week and I have am fully vaxxed, and I would say this is not "just a cold" or even like the flu. I had the flu before, and it even landed me in the hospital with pneumonia but even that was not like this last week. I don't want to have this shit again and I have no idea how anyone would be able to perform or even act like a normal person in public having it. All I could do all week was sleep. I woke up for bouts of fever, coughing and sneezing, lost ten lbs and today feel better for the first time. Fuck covid, get your vaccines. I don't even understand how people are up in arms against vaccines now. We seem to live in upside down world now.
    Interesting route this thread has gone. Maybe the above person wouldnt have survived to make the “anti-vax” post if that were their stance
    Maybe, maybe not. I'm not convinced tacking on boosters is providing much protection against subsequent strains. We're a ways out from those initial studies that crushed that first strain.
    The first strain of COVID is extinct. Recent boosters have been targeted to the prevailing strains at the time of release, just like the annual flu vaccine. Last year's bivalent vaccine targeted Omicron-family variants that were then prevalent as well as the original strain. This year's dose targets the currently dominant strain, which is still within the Omicron lineage but has evolved ways to circumvent existing antibodies. All the data we have show that these updated doses provide strong protection against serious illness from the targeted strains.

There have been over 13 billion doses of the various vaccines administered. There have been virtually no serious side effects documented from the Pfizer and ModeRNA vaccines, notwithstanding misinformation to the contrary. The instances of myocarditis that resulted in certain demographics from the J&J vaccine were actually less frequent than instances of myocarditis in unvaccinated individuals who became infected with the virus (and that vaccine was pulled from distribution anyway when those cases were identified out of an abundance of caution).

It really is going to be like the flu vaccine, something that it is advisable to get each year. Unfortunately, only about half the U.S. population gets the flu vaccine each year, and we'll probably see lesser uptake for annual COVID vaccines even though COVID is deadlier and more contagious than the flu. (Flu killed between 12,000 and 61,000 Americans in the years from 2011 through 2019, with an average of 35,000 deaths per year. COVID, even with the death rate having declined with greater immunity from vaccines and infections, still has killed nearly 100,000 Americans in the past 12 months.)

I've gotten the flu shot every year since 1993, and I've never gotten the flu since then. My philosophy about that has always been that I am less concerned about what the flu would do to me-- I am generally healthy and, for much of that time, was relatively young (though now I'm relatively old)-- than that I don't want to be a vector to transmit it to someone who is vulnerable and who cannot get the vaccine. I see no reason not to take the same approach with COVID vaccines.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,142
    BF25394 said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    The first strain of COVID is extinct. Recent boosters have been targeted to the prevailing strains at the time of release, just like the annual flu vaccine. Last year's bivalent vaccine targeted Omicron-family variants that were then prevalent as well as the original strain. This year's dose targets the currently dominant strain, which is still within the Omicron lineage but has evolved ways to circumvent existing antibodies. All the data we have show that these updated doses provide strong protection against serious illness from the targeted strains.

There have been over 13 billion doses of the various vaccines administered. There have been virtually no serious side effects documented from the Pfizer and ModeRNA vaccines, notwithstanding misinformation to the contrary. The instances of myocarditis that resulted in certain demographics from the J&J vaccine were actually less frequent than instances of myocarditis in unvaccinated individuals who became infected with the virus (and that vaccine was pulled from distribution anyway when those cases were identified out of an abundance of caution).

It really is going to be like the flu vaccine, something that it is advisable to get each year. Unfortunately, only about half the U.S. population gets the flu vaccine each year, and we'll probably see lesser uptake for annual COVID vaccines even though COVID is deadlier and more contagious than the flu. (Flu killed between 12,000 and 61,000 Americans in the years from 2011 through 2019, with an average of 35,000 deaths per year. COVID, even with the death rate having declined with greater immunity from vaccines and infections, still has killed nearly 100,000 Americans in the past 12 months.)

I've gotten the flu shot every year since 1993, and I've never gotten the flu since then. My philosophy about that has always been that I am less concerned about what the flu would do to me-- I am generally healthy and, for much of that time, was relatively young (though now I'm relatively old)-- than that I don't want to be a vector to transmit it to someone who is vulnerable and who cannot get the vaccine. I see no reason not to take the same approach with COVID vaccines.
    The flu vaccine is an apt comparison and that's kinda my point. It's an educated guess on targeting so it's not as much of a slam dunk on efficacy. To your point, that's why so many people don't bother getting the flu shot. I never did until I had an infant.

You can't discount the side effects either. I had 3 Pfizer shots and each one came with 36 hours of flu symptoms. People remember that. If I'm getting flu shot level protection without the low low side effect profile I'm just not going to bother. (And even though I'm not personally concerned about long term effects of mRNA vaccines you can't dismiss it entirely.)

Anyway, I was mostly just commenting on the disconnect of "get your shots!" preceded by a paragraph describing being fully vaccinated and still laid out for a week. It's not an uncommon story - try to read it through the lens of someone who's vaccine hesitant.
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    edited September 2023
    pjl44 said:

Anyway, I was mostly just commenting on the disconnect of "get your shots!" preceded by a paragraph describing being fully vaccinated and still laid out for a week. It's not an uncommon story - try to read it through the lens of someone who's vaccine hesitant.
    As I said before this was my first time getting Covid, and I attribute the vaccines to me not getting it in the last three years. Now the the last one has been more than a year ago, and the variants have changed etc etc. I think being vaccinated still helped me not getting a longer illness or after effects so I consider this a positive. I guess with my "paragraph" I was trying to convey that covid is not "just a cold", as so many like to say. And honestly, whoever is "vaccine hesitant" at this point will not get swayed by anybody anyways. Do your thing, decide for yourself. I will still recommend to get the shot. And now please get off my back. Thanks.

Post edited by Leezestarr313 on
  • BF25394 said:
    Covid is here to stay, like the flu and colds. As we and the band get older, respiratory diseases are going to take more of a toll. There's not much to do about that (except, get vaccinated!).  
    How in the fuck did the band being quadruple vaccinated help them play Indy?  Your first sentence was spot on though. 

Just because a test says you have covid shouldn't mean they cancel a show and F up tens of thousands of people's plans.  Just be a little more cautious, like no sipping from the community wine bottle for example.

But if they were truly feeling really sick...like I can't talk/sing or can't get out of bed sick, then of course, they may have to cancel.  But back in the old days when people weren't brainwashed by the media, people who had important jobs sometimes powered through their sickness to get work done.  I feel bad/mad for the Indy people.  

Covid is indeed here to stay.
    COVID is a very contagious disease, and it is still a dangerous disease. It is not simply about whether an infected person can "power through" an illness. You have a duty to other people not to put them in harm's way when you know you are infected with a contagious, dangerous disease.

There has been media brainwashing going on with respect to vaccines, all right, but it's not the kind you're thinking of.
    (edit to add the post I was replying to)

I got the first round of vaccines and got a booster. So I'm not an anti-vax person. My opinion on why Covid is no longer taken seriously is because, yet again, our government lied to us. They said the vaccine would stop transmission, would protect people and would be lessen the symptoms. It did none of that. During Covid with the lockdowns, which also did nothing except destroy business but somehow profits went up? More lies from those in charge. Do you remember how people who didn't want to get vaccinated were ostracized by the media who suggested a caste system of vaxxed and non vaxxed? Now we have athletes dropping from heart attacks and other random things, I don't recall super healthy people dropping like they have lately. If the vaccines were safe, why did Big Pharma get protection from lawsuits? The whole thing is corrupt as hell. To reiterate, I am vaxxed, I fell for the media's bullshit about shaming people who, in my opinion, ended up being right about how we were being lied to......

Now. Where is the freaking make up date for INDY!!
    Lollapalooza 1992 Mansfield MA
    STL 2014
    Wrigley Aug 20th 2016
    St Louis 2022

I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.
  • BF25394 said:
    Covid is here to stay, like the flu and colds. As we and the band get older, respiratory diseases are going to take more of a toll. There's not much to do about that (except, get vaccinated!).  
    How in the fuck did the band being quadruple vaccinated help them play Indy?  Your first sentence was spot on though. 

Just because a test says you have covid shouldn't mean they cancel a show and F up tens of thousands of people's plans.  Just be a little more cautious, like no sipping from the community wine bottle for example.

But if they were truly feeling really sick...like I can't talk/sing or can't get out of bed sick, then of course, they may have to cancel.  But back in the old days when people weren't brainwashed by the media, people who had important jobs sometimes powered through their sickness to get work done.  I feel bad/mad for the Indy people.  

COVID is a very contagious disease, and it is still a dangerous disease. It is not simply about whether an infected person can "power through" an illness. You have a duty to other people not to put them in harm's way when you know you are infected with a contagious, dangerous disease.

There has been media brainwashing going on with respect to vaccines, all right, but it's not the kind you're thinking of.

I got the first round of vaccines and got a booster. So I'm not an anti-vax person. My opinion on why Covid is no longer taken seriously is because, yet again, our government lied to us. They said the vaccine would stop transmission, would protect people and would be lessen the symptoms. It did none of that. During Covid with the lockdowns, which also did nothing except destroy business but somehow profits went up? More lies from those in charge. Do you remember how people who didn't want to get vaccinated were ostracized by the media who suggested a caste system of vaxxed and non vaxxed? Now we have athletes dropping from heart attacks and other random things, I don't recall super healthy people dropping like they have lately. If the vaccines were safe, why did Big Pharma get protection from lawsuits? The whole thing is corrupt as hell. To reiterate, I am vaxxed, I fell for the media's bullshit about shaming people who, in my opinion, ended up being right about how we were being lied to......

come on...some originally said that but then, as new testing/evidence came out, they corrected that.

clearly being vaccinated is better than not
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • BF25394 said:

come on...some originally said that but then, as new testing/evidence came out, they corrected that.

I'm on the no longer on the fence about it. My wife suddenly developed psoriasis after getting the first booster. Not a single case in her family going back 4 generations. I understand that it can be environmental but it was within a couple days that she had her first psoriatic(?) flare up. That's not a coincidence to us. Our government has lied to us about SO MANY things that I just don't trust them anymore. Fauci knew that AZT (aids drug in the early 80's) was killing people, yet he said it was safe. Vietnam, Korea, Iraq, Afghanistan, the list is maddening on just how many times we've been swindled by our leaders. So, the punk rocker in me is saying fuck off to the government. The previous vaccine mandates were total bullshit, no one forces flu vaccines on anyone, they are voluntary. So why did the Covid vaccine become such a lynch pin? Big Pharma and Politicians made BANK during the lockdowns. I'm willing to bet in 10-15 years someone will release official documents about how they took advantage of us during these years to further fatten their bank accounts.
    STL 2014
    Wrigley Aug 20th 2016
    St Louis 2022

• BF25394 said:

I'm on the no longer on the fence about it. My wife suddenly developed psoriasis after getting the first booster. Not a single case in her family going back 4 generations. I understand that it can be environmental but it was within a couple days that she had her first psoriatic(?) flare up. That's not a coincidence to us. Our government has lied to us about SO MANY things that I just don't trust them anymore. Fauci knew that AZT (aids drug in the early 80's) was killing people, yet he said it was safe. Vietnam, Korea, Iraq, Afghanistan, the list is maddening on just how many times we've been swindled by our leaders. So, the punk rocker in me is saying fuck off to the government. The previous vaccine mandates were total bullshit, no one forces flu vaccines on anyone, they are voluntary. So why did the Covid vaccine become such a lynch pin? Big Pharma and Politicians made BANK during the lockdowns. I'm willing to bet in 10-15 years someone will release official documents about how they took advantage of us during these years to further fatten their bank accounts.
    Would hate to see this passionate discussion end, but maybe create a new discussion about this and take it off this one? 
  • Dfite731 said:
    BF25394 said:

Would hate to see this passionate discussion end, but maybe create a new discussion about this and take it off this one? 
    Totally agree. Those who want to meet up for PRO-CON VACCINATION EXPO '24, pls...start a new thread bout vaccines and we wish you the best (I promise, I won't peek in.)

Now then,...where were we at on the Indy show? Please say "tour opener at Ruoff 2024". Pearl Jam is AWESOME!!!
    Alpine Valley Music Theater - East Troy, WI 09/03/2011
    Xcel Energy Center - St. Paul, MN 09/02/2023
    United Center - Chicago, IL 09/07/23
    Ruoff Music Center - Noblesville, IN 09/10/23
  • Pearl Jam - Deer Creek - 2024!

Let's hope that announcement comes soon.. not in 2024. I wish the band would just throw it out there.. "hey, to all the Indy folks we will see you soon in 2024".. at least we will then know it is official
    "And the young, they can lose hope
    'Cause they can't see beyond today
    The wisdom that the old can't give away, hey
    Constant recoil
    Sometimes life don't leave you alone."
  • Pearl Jam - Deer Creek - 2024!

Let's hope that announcement comes soon.. not in 2024. I wish the band would just throw it out there.. "hey, to all the Indy folks we will see you soon in 2024".. at least we will then know it is official
    It would be a great way to end 2023! 
  • The ticketbastard announcement said they have 60 days to make a decision.
    "Please note that at this time, while the Event Organizer is working to try and reschedule your event, they are not currently allowing refunds; however, refunds will be made available in the future. Future refund options are as follows:
    • If 60 days have passed since a show was postponed and no rescheduled dates have been announced, the 30-day window for refunds will open at that time. You will be able to request a refund via your Live Nation Account.
    • If, during this 60-day postponement window, your event is rescheduled, a 30-day window for refunds will also be made available.
    • If the event is canceled (at any time), refunds (as well as a possible credit option) will be available."

With that said, I hope we get some kind of answer! I still say Oceans is the opener, whenever this show happens.

STL 2014
    Wrigley Aug 20th 2016
    St Louis 2022

• BF25394 said:

do you listen to yourself? No one forces covid vaccines either
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • PhartNPhartN Posts: 426
    come on yall, take the vax debate somewhere else!  i come here to get away from these shenanigans!!!  this is a thread about 

"Pearl Jam Ruoff Music Center Postponement"

1995: New Orleans, LA
    2006: Washington, D.C.
    2008: Washington, D.C.
    2010: Bristow, VA
    2013: Baltimore, MD
    2016: Hampton, VA
    2020: Baltimore, MD
    2023: Noblesville, IN TBD
    2024: Seattle, WA N1 and N2
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    Every time this thread bumps back to the top I look quickly and think another show has been canned. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • PhartN said:
    come on yall, take the vax debate somewhere else!  i come here to get away from these shenanigans!!!  this is a thread about 

Here-Here!
    I would like to thank the-right-honorable-PhartN and second that motion.

-Pearl Jam is AWESOME!!!
    Alpine Valley Music Theater - East Troy, WI 09/03/2011
    Xcel Energy Center - St. Paul, MN 09/02/2023
    United Center - Chicago, IL 09/07/23
    Ruoff Music Center - Noblesville, IN 09/10/23
  • The ticketbastard announcement said they have 60 days to make a decision.
    "Please note that at this time, while the Event Organizer is working to try and reschedule your event, they are not currently allowing refunds; however, refunds will be made available in the future. Future refund options are as follows:
    • If 60 days have passed since a show was postponed and no rescheduled dates have been announced, the 30-day window for refunds will open at that time. You will be able to request a refund via your Live Nation Account.
    • If, during this 60-day postponement window, your event is rescheduled, a 30-day window for refunds will also be made available.
    • If the event is canceled (at any time), refunds (as well as a possible credit option) will be available."

With that said, I hope we get some kind of answer! I still say Oceans is the opener, whenever this show happens.

I'm hoping for Long Road opener but Oceans wouldn't hurt my feelings.. 
    "And the young, they can lose hope
    'Cause they can't see beyond today
    The wisdom that the old can't give away, hey
    Constant recoil
    Sometimes life don't leave you alone."
  • I think Leash would be a great opener. But I'll take any at this point :pensive: With the TM info above do we think there will be an announcement before January, then?
  • BF25394 said:

Embarrassing post. 
  • Let’s get a new date! 
    PhartN said:

If only there were some connection between the postponement and COVID... 
    edited September 2023
    BF25394 said:

dude, give it up, for real...yes a musician we all wanted to see got COVID and postponed the event, period...nobody wants to hear anyone else's opinions on vaccines and media coverage of covid blah blah blah blah...its tired already.  if you must get the last word, please do so and let it go man! move on...let us all ponder when the show will or will not get rescheduled to without the poison of peoples opinions on vaccines and sh!t....its toxic and you know it, just stop already.

I got the first round of vaccines and got a booster. So I'm not an anti-vax person. My opinion on why Covid is no longer taken seriously is because, yet again, our government lied to us. They said the vaccine would stop transmission, would protect people and would be lessen the symptoms. It did none of that.

Testing in 2020 showed that the vaccines decreased transmission by 94-95 percent, depending on which vaccine was being studied. This was reported widely in various media at the time-- before the vaccines were even approved for emergency use. It was never expected that vaccination would eliminate transmission, only that it would limit transmission, which it did. (Protection wanes over time, but it doesn't go to zero.) All of the data show that those who were vaccinated had less severe illness and lower rates of death. The vaccines actually did protect people from severe illness and lessen their symptoms. Breakthrough infections tend to be less severe and involve a smaller viral load, which means that the infected person is contagious for a shorter period of time, and less contagious during that period than without vaccination/with a greater viral load, both of which limit transmission.

During Covid with the lockdowns, which also did nothing except destroy business but somehow profits went up? More lies from those in charge.

You're jumbling things together. Profits went up for some businesses (e.g., online retailing) in the early days of the pandemic, and some businesses were hit very hard (e.g., many restaurants). In the second quarter of 2020, when restrictions were most onerous, U.S. GDP declined by 34 percent. Very few companies were increasing profits during that period. Then, as restrictions were loosened in the third quarter, GDP increased by 38 percent. There is no mystery or conspiracy at work here. I'm not even sure what the lie you're referring to is here. Every business was not similarly situated when the pandemic hit. Some continued to lose money long after the initial months of the pandemic (e.g., movie theaters).  Others rebounded quickly. Even before state and local governments started imposing restrictions in late March 2020, large numbers of customers had stopped going out to restaurants and movies, as evidenced by credit-card transaction data. That change in behavior would have happened with or without government restrictions. Incidentally, "lockdown" is a misleading word. People were not locked down. People were free to leave their homes. They were free to travel. Some businesses were forced to close, but that does not make a lockdown. Look at how China handled COVID: those were actual lockdowns. People were forced to stay in their homes.

Do you remember how people who didn't want to get vaccinated were ostracized by the media who suggested a caste system of vaxxed and non vaxxed?

"The media" is a broad term doing a lot of work here. There were plenty of media doing the exact opposite of what you're describing, including the most-watched cable-news network. It's also a very vague claim to say that "the media" suggested a "caste system" because there were individual people advocating for differential treatment of the vaccinated and the unvaccinated (while others in "the media" advocated for no such differential treatment). An actual caste system differentiates people based on nothing other than to whom they were born. What you're describing is not a caste system; it's a system in which certain rewards are withheld from people who refuse to participate in a particular public-health program. It's no different than the largely uncontroversial system that has been in place in every state for years whereby children cannot attend public school until they prove that they are inoculated against several illnesses.

Now we have athletes dropping from heart attacks and other random things, I don't recall super healthy people dropping like they have lately.

This is not a thing. I don't really know what else to say. Maybe you should ask Hank Gathers about it.

If the vaccines were safe, why did Big Pharma get protection from lawsuits? The whole thing is corrupt as hell.

The protection you're talking about was enacted in 2005. It had nothing to do with COVID. The impetus for it was actually the "war on terror." Fear of biological and chemical attacks by terrorists were prompting increased (and increasingly hurried) research into medical interventions that might be necessary on a wide scale on short notice, and drug companies capitalized on that fear to push for greater protection for themselves. (Incidentally, of the 106 votes against the bill in the House, 89 were by Democrats. House Republicans supported the bill 202-16. I cite these numbers not to make a political point, just to demonstrate how disconnected the bill was from the politics of the 2020s, where vaccine resistance has been a signature of the Republicans, not the Democrats. And, of course, the bill was signed into law by Republican President George W. Bush.)

There is plenty of available data regarding the testing of the COVID vaccines that you are free to review. There is also three years of real-world data involving over 13 billion administered doses that demonstrate the vaccines' safety and efficacy.

PhartN said:
    BF25394 said:

dude, give it up, for real...yes a musician we all wanted to see got COVID and postponed the event, period...nobody wants to hear anyone else's opinions on vaccines and media coverage of covid blah blah blah blah...its tired already.  if you must get the last word, please do so and let it go man! move on...let us all ponder when the show will or will not get rescheduled to without the poison of peoples opinions on vaccines and sh!t....its toxic and you know it, just stop already.
    People spreading misinformation about vaccines is literally toxic. I have posted only in response to such misinformation. If you don't like what I have to say, don't read it.
    lol, ok big guy, whatever makes you feel better i guess...

I am hoping for another September date so that we can hopefully replicate the weather we were going to have that night....dont want to mess with it anymore than its already been messed with.
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    edited September 2023
    Way to go @BF25394. <3 I think weather-wise May would be just as fine as September.
    Post edited by Leezestarr313 on
  • Very well said @BF25394 and a nice rebuttal to some crazy. 
This discussion has been closed.