The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,676
    just_one said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    just_one said:
    pjl44 said:
    I'd like to point out that said management is, if not endorsing, at least allowing an early look at this tour info on their official message board. It would be very easy for them to delete any and all posts with credible info leaked. The alternative is straight radio silence until an official announcement so pick what you want. (I like this scenario.)
    i also like it but something has changed in the way they announce tours and to fans that travel it sucks to have things announced so late
    How much time do you need to make travel plans? Honest question.  
    usually 6-7 months for flights is pretty good. the closer u get , the more expensive flights become.

the way they used to announce (europe in december) was perfect because the flights were very affordable and it was the end of the year as flights among other things always get more expensive when a new year starts.
    I can only speak for Domestic flights in the USA, but flights tend to start out very high, then continue to drop until the 2 month or so mark, and then go up again as the day gets closer

I think I read somewhere that someone ran the numbers, and 56 days out is actually the cheapest average day to buy a ticket for domestic flights

US domestic flight market is fortunate to have the competition and infrastructure in place where the vast majority of the travelling public can do so economically and efficiently. Personally I'm thrilled to have various options for alternate airports to the tour destinations available that are best suited for my specific flight preferences and for the points levels I'm pleased to redeem. Flying across Canada is quite expensive.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,998
    100 Pacer said:
    just_one said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    just_one said:
    pjl44 said:
    I'd like to point out that said management is, if not endorsing, at least allowing an early look at this tour info on their official message board. It would be very easy for them to delete any and all posts with credible info leaked. The alternative is straight radio silence until an official announcement so pick what you want. (I like this scenario.)
    i also like it but something has changed in the way they announce tours and to fans that travel it sucks to have things announced so late
    How much time do you need to make travel plans? Honest question.  
    usually 6-7 months for flights is pretty good. the closer u get , the more expensive flights become.

the way they used to announce (europe in december) was perfect because the flights were very affordable and it was the end of the year as flights among other things always get more expensive when a new year starts.
    I can only speak for Domestic flights in the USA, but flights tend to start out very high, then continue to drop until the 2 month or so mark, and then go up again as the day gets closer

I think I read somewhere that someone ran the numbers, and 56 days out is actually the cheapest average day to buy a ticket for domestic flights

US domestic flight market is fortunate to have the competition and infrastructure in place where the vast majority of the travelling public can do so economically and efficiently. Personally I'm thrilled to have various options for alternate airports to the tour destinations available that are best suited for my specific flight preferences and for the points levels I'm pleased to redeem. Flying across Canada is quite expensive.

Amtrak an option for some of the September dates as well.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,969
    If it came down to it, I'd happily pay money to not have to see DMB again.  
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    Jamer196Jamer196 Posts: 358
    edited January 23
    Kwieneke said:
    PJNB said:
    Dont forget that "we" are like 100 persons that are really interested in knowing the dates before the anouncement.
    95% of the public that attend shows are normal people who will be happy to see the oficial anouncement and buy the tickets. Like we do with the other bands.

So we are really not important.
    I have often wondered lately if they have allowed the leaks to some degree as a favor to the 10c members. 

The only ones hearing or caring about the leaked dates are the die hards on Facebook and these forums, so leaks dont really impact their marketing when it comes to the masses.  And the only people who need to know well ahead of time are those who travel to multiple shows.  
    Exactly, and those who travel to multiple shows are what? 50? 100? being generous.

I've been there for s couple of tours, and yes, is true that you can see similar faces at airports and so. Even when that number seems high when you are there, is not really relevant into the band planning process. 

As far as for us, the excuse of booking hotels and flights at better prices seems a little lie to cover the real reason for threads like this: the anxiety. 

So my dear crazy friends, relax and please dont use words like "frustration" to refer to this issue. Really, use some perspective.
    While the travelling fan is definitely in the minority when it comes to shows you are severely underestimating how many of them there are and I am not sure why.  When the band postponed for covid they took into account the traveling fan into their reason to continue to push it off while others where playing in 2021. They made this comment for less than 50 people? No way. 

Also you are missing the point on booking hotels and flights for better prices. That is what triggers the anxiety. I have no clue what you are talking about with people using that reason as an excuse. People get impatient and want to book. Thats where most of the complaining in this thread comes from. 
    50-100 is extremely low 
    Here only at my home we are 4 traveling since 2020 and 2 before that… we all have seen PJ more times away than at home, in fact my kids have seen 7 times PJ live and all of them abroad, none of them in Portugal…we have seen lots of same faces in different places, so I would say way more of than that
    Post edited by Jamer196 on
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,514
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Poncier said:
    JimmyV said:
    DMB Jealousy Day 2024. A shorter run this year means no Hartford, but still nine shows between New Hampshire and Camden.

May be an image of text

Dave does not share PJ's affinity for California apparently.
    We don't need him!
    AGREE...
  • Options
    edited January 23
    Hotels around the arena in St. Paul were packed last fall. It wasn't 50-100 people filling them up. Ours was also filled the next night for Green Day. Traveling to shows might be more common and than you think.
    Post edited by JimmyV on

• Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,361
    every other person I talked to in Chicago last year was either coming from St. Paul shows or going to the Indy show. its a big number 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,238
    Many locals going to shows are likely attending straight from work or home, increasing the likelihood traveling fans might not interact with them. R/showerthoughts 
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,676
    JimmyV said:
    Hotels around the arena in St. Paul were packed last fall. It wasn't 50-100 people filling them up. Ours was also filled the next night for Green Day. Traveling to shows might be more common and than you think.
    That Holiday Inn couldn’t have been better situated.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,438
    Many locals going to shows are likely attending straight from work or home, increasing the likelihood traveling fans might not interact with them. R/showerthoughts 
    "Everyone I talked to about Pearl Jam on the airplane was coming from out of town"
  • Options
    WillistonWilliston Minnesota Posts: 36
    100 Pacer said:
    JimmyV said:
    @JimmyV and because of the leaks i was able to get 3 nights for $240
  • Options
    WillistonWilliston Minnesota Posts: 36
    100 Pacer said:
    JimmyV said:
    @100 Pacer and because of the leaks i was able to get 3 nights for $240
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,213
    100 Pacer said:
    JimmyV said:
    That was fun. I felt like I was in a college dorm, knowing everyone on my floor. It was by far my favorite hotel experience - and it being a 3 minute walk to the venue was the icing on the cake. The after parties at the bar were great as well.

• Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,890
    I thought the 50-100 number being cited was referring to the people on this board who are paying attention to this.

I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,936
    The less people that travel to MSG the better. It’s overrated and the shows never live up to the hype. Stay away 
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    ComeToTX said:
    I rarely meet people who haven't traveled from somewhere.
    Same here. The reason for that is probably because they regularly refuse to play in about 40+ out of 50 states year after year. lol
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,890
    nicknyr15 said:
    The less people that travel to MSG the better. It’s overrated and the shows never live up to the hype. Stay away 
    Agreed. I've seen eight PJ MSG shows, and I'm fascinated by the mythology that surrounds these shows. Per capita, Pearl Jam shows in San Diego and Phoenix that I've seen have been better than the ones at MSG.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    Jamer196Jamer196 Posts: 358
    BF25394 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Agreed. I've seen eight PJ MSG shows, and I'm fascinated by the mythology that surrounds these shows. Per capita, Pearl Jam shows in San Diego and Phoenix that I've seen have been better than the ones at MSG.
    Yes I have been there, totally overrated, beer to expensive.
    Stay away at all cost!!!
    😉
  • Options
    estarr31estarr31 Posts: 574
    Jamer196 said:
    BF25394 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Yes I have been there, totally overrated, beer to expensive.
    Stay away at all cost!!!
    😉
    no public transit, hotels are too expensive. bad vibes. 
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • Options
    The crowd at MSG in 2022 was incredible but the show itself was only good/very good, IMO. I've seen better and had more fun elsewhere.

• Options
    SSS81SSS81 Posts: 170
    BF25394 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I'm with you 80% on this, it's a tough call. I've seen them 3 times in San Diego and 4 times at MSG. MSG 2022 was unbelievable, I vibrated for about 48 hours after. That being said, Sand Diego 2009 is still my all time favorite show. 
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,067
    There is definitely a large continent of traveling. Last year in Austin, every bar, brewery, or store I went in had groups of fans in each place. The bartenders were asking about it, and then we even played a game of "are they here for the concert?", which basically every person coming in who was over 40 was. 
  • Options
    dlymnflddlymnfld CT Posts: 917
    According to my FB memories they announced Fenway 8 years ago today for those September shows. I have a pic of the green monster with Pearl Jam on the wall just pop up. Gotta be getting close. 
    Springfield 4/6/94, Boston 4/6/94, Hartford 10/2/96, New York 9/11/98, Hartford 9/13/98, Mansfield 8/30/00, Boston 9/28/04, Reading 10/1/04, Quebec City 9/20/05, Boston 5/24/06, Hartford 5/13/06, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08 Philadelphia 10/31/09, Hartford 10/15/10,
    Boston 10/17/10, East Troy 9/3/11, East Troy 9/4/11, Missoula 9/30/12, Worcester 10/15/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13,
    St. Paul 10/19/14, New York 9/26/15, Quebec City 5/5/16, Boston 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18, Boston 9/4/18, Quebec City 9/1/22, Camden 9/14/22, Oklahoma City 9/20/22 
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,781
    dlymnfld said:
    According to my FB memories they announced Fenway 8 years ago today for those September shows. I have a pic of the green monster with Pearl Jam on the wall just pop up. Gotta be getting close. 

2016 was in August.
    2018 was in September.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,607
    dlymnfld said:
    Yep, 3 weeks from today per the rumor sources. 
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,648
    edited January 23
    nicknyr15 said:
    A lot of times they don't live up to the hype as the hype is way too high.  To help your cause, in all seriousness, I don't think the difference between seeing PJ at MSG or Nashville (for example) is that much at this point.  Years ago when they were playing 33 songs, it could be a different story.  But even the 2008 shows, and 2016 shows, weren't all that special comparatively.  Quebec City 2016 blew MSG out of the water that year.  

Granted, I've only seen four shows at MSG (2008 and 2016), and missed the legendary 2003 and 2010 shows.  But unless PJ starts playing 33 songs again vs. 23 songs, I'm not making any special effort to get to MSG.   
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,819
    Williston said:
    100 Pacer said:
    JimmyV said:
    @100 Pacer and because of the leaks i was able to get 3 nights for $240
    Same here,  got a great deal on an AirBNB on Venice beach for the LA shows.  All thanks to the “leaks” 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 777
    pjl44 said:
    "Everyone I talked to about Pearl Jam on the airplane was coming from out of town"
    You don't have to talk to anyone. Just count the poster tubes in carry on.
  • Options
    dlymnfld said:

2016 was in August.
    2018 was in September.
    Oh yeah. I think it was early August too now that I’m remembering. 
    Springfield 4/6/94, Boston 4/6/94, Hartford 10/2/96, New York 9/11/98, Hartford 9/13/98, Mansfield 8/30/00, Boston 9/28/04, Reading 10/1/04, Quebec City 9/20/05, Boston 5/24/06, Hartford 5/13/06, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08 Philadelphia 10/31/09, Hartford 10/15/10,
    Boston 10/17/10, East Troy 9/3/11, East Troy 9/4/11, Missoula 9/30/12, Worcester 10/15/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13,
    St. Paul 10/19/14, New York 9/26/15, Quebec City 5/5/16, Boston 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18, Boston 9/4/18, Quebec City 9/1/22, Camden 9/14/22, Oklahoma City 9/20/22 
  • Options
    dlymnfld said:
    Yep, 3 weeks from today per the rumor sources. 
    Good to hear. 👍 
This discussion has been closed.