The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• EMC77EMC77 Posts: 131
    just_one said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    just_one said:
    pjl44 said:
    I'd like to point out that said management is, if not endorsing, at least allowing an early look at this tour info on their official message board. It would be very easy for them to delete any and all posts with credible info leaked. The alternative is straight radio silence until an official announcement so pick what you want. (I like this scenario.)
    i also like it but something has changed in the way they announce tours and to fans that travel it sucks to have things announced so late
    How much time do you need to make travel plans? Honest question.  
    usually 6-7 months for flights is pretty good. the closer u get , the more expensive flights become.

the way they used to announce (europe in december) was perfect because the flights were very affordable and it was the end of the year as flights among other things always get more expensive when a new year starts.
    I can only speak for Domestic flights in the USA, but flights tend to start out very high, then continue to drop until the 2 month or so mark, and then go up again as the day gets closer

I think I read somewhere that someone ran the numbers, and 56 days out is actually the cheapest average day to buy a ticket for domestic flights

Doesn't work like that where I live, there's only one company flying to Barcelona and prices just go higher and higher as the date approaches. Flights are now around 250€, in one month they'll be around 300€ and 2 months before the date they can be reaching 600€ or even 900€ (basic fare).
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,807
    just_one said:
    raindog80 said:
    kmcmanus said:
    We’ve had that 2/13 date since November. I’m not saying people shouldn’t be annoyed that that’s the plan, but you’ve had 2 months to make your peace with that annoyance and move forward. It’s strange to me to get freshly mad every time something doesn’t happen that there’s no reason to have expected to happen. If we don’t have an announcement when we wake up on Valentines Day then yeah we’ll all get mad together. But until then we all know what’s up.
    There was never a rumored date - in PJ history, of course - set three months before it started circulating. If they already knew about the concerts in November, why not announce them? 
    Marketing, thats the only reason

It will most likely be one big mega announcement on 2/13.  "World Tour!  New songs!  New album!  Pearl Jam!!!"

Nothing more than a way to get the hype train going for PJ among the more casual fans
    yeah unfortunally that seems to be the plan
    I get that its tough for Europe plans, and that the heads up will be shorter than in years past.  

But many people have been asking for them to announce the entire year all at once, so I am happy they are finally taking that route.  
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,891
    EMC77 said:
    just_one said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    just_one said:
    pjl44 said:
    I'd like to point out that said management is, if not endorsing, at least allowing an early look at this tour info on their official message board. It would be very easy for them to delete any and all posts with credible info leaked. The alternative is straight radio silence until an official announcement so pick what you want. (I like this scenario.)
    i also like it but something has changed in the way they announce tours and to fans that travel it sucks to have things announced so late
    usually 6-7 months for flights is pretty good. the closer u get , the more expensive flights become.

the way they used to announce (europe in december) was perfect because the flights were very affordable and it was the end of the year as flights among other things always get more expensive when a new year starts.
    I can only speak for Domestic flights in the USA, but flights tend to start out very high, then continue to drop until the 2 month or so mark, and then go up again as the day gets closer

I think I read somewhere that someone ran the numbers, and 56 days out is actually the cheapest average day to buy a ticket for domestic flights

Doesn't work like that where I live, there's only one company flying to Barcelona and prices just go higher and higher as the date approaches. Flights are now around 250€, in one month they'll be around 300€ and 2 months before the date they can be reaching 600€ or even 900€ (basic fare).
    Refundable tickets? 

Gravey1975 said:
    I think we're getting way off topic here. If you have a cup of piss in your hand and you can't drink it, and you're not allowed to pour it on the floor, what do you do with it so that you won't miss the band?

Casually put it on the floor and move out of the spill radius before it's accidentally kicked over 
    edited January 22
    SHZA said:
    EMC77 said:
    just_one said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    just_one said:
    pjl44 said:

Refundable tickets? 

Gravey1975 said:
    I think we're getting way off topic here. If you have a cup of piss in your hand and you can't drink it, and you're not allowed to pour it on the floor, what do you do with it so that you won't miss the band?

Casually put it on the floor and move out of the spill radius before it's accidentally kicked over 
    Basic fare means no modifications or cancellations allowed. Refundable tickets right now cost 800€. Those can be over 1500 in a couple of months.
    Post edited by EMC77 on
  • iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,725
    I'll take a leaked rumor list months early any day over the excruciating last minute announcement where no one knows anything like the rescheduled 2020 shows.  This is way better than waiting until February knowing absolutely nothing about 2024 plans. 
  • yosiyosi Posts: 2,985
    kmcmanus said:
    raindog80 said:
    There was never a rumored date - in PJ history, of course - set three months before it started circulating. If they already knew about the concerts in November, why not announce them? 
    Counterpoint: there was never a leak in PJ history as early as this one, isn’t it cool that we get a heads-up earlier than ever?
    And just because we’ve never been tipped off this early doesn’t mean the band doesn’t always know this early. It’s possible the only timetable that’s different this year is the leak

Was thinking the same. 
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• just_onejust_one Posts: 2,114
    kmcmanus said:
    raindog80 said:
    Counterpoint: there was never a leak in PJ history as early as this one, isn’t it cool that we get a heads-up earlier than ever?
    And just because we’ve never been tipped off this early doesn’t mean the band doesn’t always know this early. It’s possible the only timetable that’s different this year is the leak
    Counterpoint : leaks for europe always happen around the same time.
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,884
    EMC77 said:
    SHZA said:
    EMC77 said:
    just_one said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    just_one said:
    pjl44 said:

Refundable tickets? 

Gravey1975 said:

Basic fare means no modifications or cancellations allowed. Refundable tickets right now cost 800€. Those can be over 1500 in a couple of months.
    What about changeable even if not refundable?
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,834
    EMC77 said:
    SHZA said:
    EMC77 said:
    just_one said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    just_one said:
    pjl44 said:

Refundable tickets? 

Gravey1975 said:

One of the indirect positives from COVID in the US is the ability to easily cancel with no fees and apply the funds toward future purchases.  One of the big reasons I used to use Southwest more.  
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,622
    EMC77 said:
    SHZA said:
    EMC77 said:
    just_one said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    just_one said:
    pjl44 said:

Refundable tickets? 

Gravey1975 said:

One of the indirect positives from COVID in the US is the ability to easily cancel with no fees and apply the funds toward future purchases.  One of the big reasons I used to use Southwest more.  
    And the reason SWA is the best in my area cause you never lose any money or points
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,433

EMC77 said:
    SHZA said:
    EMC77 said:
    just_one said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    just_one said:
    pjl44 said:

Refundable tickets? 

Gravey1975 said:

There's no changeable fare for the suposed dates in Barcelona. Maybe there were before but not now
  • Surprised Mike never had to run off stage if he has Crohn’s disease.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,650
    Surprised Mike never had to run off stage if he has Crohn’s disease.
    I do believe he told some stories from the early days about just that and using a bucket backstage if I recall.
    He said medication and diet had gotten it under control since (paraphrasing from memory).
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • JD87070JD87070 Posts: 245
    Poncier said:
    I do believe he told some stories from the early days about just that and using a bucket backstage if I recall.
    He said medication and diet had gotten it under control since (paraphrasing from memory).
    Yes, i believe one incident was during the tour they were opening for the Rolling Stones.
  • JK109224JK109224 Posts: 604
    edited January 23
    If Live Nation is in charge of this in NA/Europe/Australia then they'll hold details back as long as possible and promote the sh*t out of the tour and album when info drops. Still a wait.
    Come to send, not condescend...
  • JT167846JT167846 Posts: 896
    JD87070 said:
    Poncier said:
    Yes, i believe one incident was during the tour they were opening for the Rolling Stones.
    My cousin has it and manages it the same. Flares up but looking after himself better than he was helps. He does still hit the sherbet a bit too much though. Matt's at least insane enough to keep the crowd entertained with a drum solo and have them none the wiser-I'm sure they have a code word or something so he can bail. Feel for guys who give it absolutely everything on stage yet are at the mercy of mother nature like that. Such a GC too is Mike.

Wondering which is the big reveal the listening party or 13 Feb.
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • GhostChileGhostChile Posts: 1,140
    Dont forget that "we" are like 100 persons that are really interested in knowing the dates before the anouncement.
    95% of the public that attend shows are normal people who will be happy to see the oficial anouncement and buy the tickets. Like we do with the other bands.

So we are really not important.
    Mexico City 17/7/2003 Mexico City 18/7/2003 Mexico City 19/7/2003 Santiago Chile 22/11/2005 Santiago Chile 23/11/2005 Buenos Aires Argentina 13/11/2011 Santiago Chile 16/11/2011 Lima Perú 18/11/2011 Sao Paulo Brasil 31/3/2013 Buenos Aires Argentina 03/4/2013 Santiago Chile 06/5/2013 Santiago Chile 4/11/2015 Buenos Aires Argentina 7/11/2015 Porto Alegre Brasil 11/11/2015 Sao Paulo Brasil 14/11/2015 Brasilia Brasil 17/11/2015 Belo Horizonte Brasil 20/11/2015 Rio de Janeiro Brasil 22/11/2015 Bogota Colombia 25/11/2015 Mexico City 28/11/2015 Ft. Lauderdale, FL 8/4/2016 Miami, FL 9/4/2016 Tampa, FL 11/4/2016 Santiago Chile 13/3/2018 Santiago Chile 16/3/2018 Rome Italy 26/6/2018 Prague Czech Republic 1/7/2018 Krakow Poland 3/7/2018 Berlin Germany 5/7/2018 Barcelona Spain 10/7/2018 Dana Point, CA 1/10/2021 Dana Point, CA 2/10/2021 Seattle, WA 28/05/2024 Seattle, WA 30/05/2024
  • jamofpearlsjamofpearls Posts: 347
    Dont forget that "we" are like 100 persons that are really interested in knowing the dates before the anouncement.
    95% of the public that attend shows are normal people who will be happy to see the oficial anouncement and buy the tickets. Like we do with the other bands.

*screams into a vacuum*
    98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
    Ed Solo: 17-Louisville
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,043

This is so so true.

Im keen to see Placebo this year, Im sure there are a group of fans somewhere who know their plans.......I'll find out when they announce more shows,....

*screams into a vacuum*
    sorry im chilean.
    what does that means?
    Mexico City 17/7/2003 Mexico City 18/7/2003 Mexico City 19/7/2003 Santiago Chile 22/11/2005 Santiago Chile 23/11/2005 Buenos Aires Argentina 13/11/2011 Santiago Chile 16/11/2011 Lima Perú 18/11/2011 Sao Paulo Brasil 31/3/2013 Buenos Aires Argentina 03/4/2013 Santiago Chile 06/5/2013 Santiago Chile 4/11/2015 Buenos Aires Argentina 7/11/2015 Porto Alegre Brasil 11/11/2015 Sao Paulo Brasil 14/11/2015 Brasilia Brasil 17/11/2015 Belo Horizonte Brasil 20/11/2015 Rio de Janeiro Brasil 22/11/2015 Bogota Colombia 25/11/2015 Mexico City 28/11/2015 Ft. Lauderdale, FL 8/4/2016 Miami, FL 9/4/2016 Tampa, FL 11/4/2016 Santiago Chile 13/3/2018 Santiago Chile 16/3/2018 Rome Italy 26/6/2018 Prague Czech Republic 1/7/2018 Krakow Poland 3/7/2018 Berlin Germany 5/7/2018 Barcelona Spain 10/7/2018 Dana Point, CA 1/10/2021 Dana Point, CA 2/10/2021 Seattle, WA 28/05/2024 Seattle, WA 30/05/2024
  • KidAOKKidAOK Posts: 101
    just_one said:
    im just frustated at this point with the lack of communication regarding the european tour
    Really?  You haven't mentioned that yet.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,174
    It’s not if he suffers from CD! He does 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • jamofpearlsjamofpearls Posts: 347

*screams into a vacuum*
    sorry im chilean.
    what does that means?
    Gotcha! Its a joke that we're cut off from the outside world. 
    98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
    Ed Solo: 17-Louisville
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,807

I have often wondered lately if they have allowed the leaks to some degree as a favor to the 10c members. 

The only ones hearing or caring about the leaked dates are the die hards on Facebook and these forums, so leaks dont really impact their marketing when it comes to the masses.  And the only people who need to know well ahead of time are those who travel to multiple shows.  
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
    edited January 23

I have often wondered lately if they have allowed the leaks to some degree as a favor to the 10c members. 

The only ones hearing or caring about the leaked dates are the die hards on Facebook and these forums, so leaks dont really impact their marketing when it comes to the masses.  And the only people who need to know well ahead of time are those who travel to multiple shows.  
    Exactly, and those who travel to multiple shows are what? 50? 100? being generous.

I've been there for s couple of tours, and yes, is true that you can see similar faces at airports and so. Even when that number seems high when you are there, is not really relevant into the band planning process. 

As far as for us, the excuse of booking hotels and flights at better prices seems a little lie to cover the real reason for threads like this: the anxiety. 

So my dear crazy friends, relax and please dont use words like "frustration" to refer to this issue. Really, use some perspective.
    Post edited by GhostChile on
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,490
    The strangest tribe ....indeed
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • just_onejust_one Posts: 2,114

Exactly, and those who travel to multiple shows are what? 50? 100? being generous.

I've been there for s couple of tours, and yes, is true that you can see similar faces at airports and so. Even when that number seems high when you are there, is not really relevant into the band planning process. 

As far as for us, the excuse of booking hotels and flights at better prices seems a little lie to cover the real reason for threads like this: the anxiety. 

So my dear crazy friends, relax and please dont use words like "frustration" to refer to this issue. Really, use some perspective.
    yeah im overreacting but at the same time as i said before things will become more expensive. thats all
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,425

While the travelling fan is definitely in the minority when it comes to shows you are severely underestimating how many of them there are and I am not sure why.  When the band postponed for covid they took into account the traveling fan into their reason to continue to push it off while others where playing in 2021. They made this comment for less than 50 people? No way. 

Also you are missing the point on booking hotels and flights for better prices. That is what triggers the anxiety. I have no clue what you are talking about with people using that reason as an excuse. People get impatient and want to book. Thats where most of the complaining in this thread comes from. 
  • KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,537
    PJNB said:

While the travelling fan is definitely in the minority when it comes to shows you are severely underestimating how many of them there are and I am not sure why.  When the band postponed for covid they took into account the traveling fan into their reason to continue to push it off while others where playing in 2021. They made this comment for less than 50 people? No way. 

Also you are missing the point on booking hotels and flights for better prices. That is what triggers the anxiety. I have no clue what you are talking about with people using that reason as an excuse. People get impatient and want to book. Thats where most of the complaining in this thread comes from. 
    50-100 is extremely low 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
    Seattle 5.30.2024  Noblesville 8.26.2024  Chicago 8.29.2024  Chicago 8.31.2024 
This discussion has been closed.