The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 722

I have often wondered lately if they have allowed the leaks to some degree as a favor to the 10c members. 

The only ones hearing or caring about the leaked dates are the die hards on Facebook and these forums, so leaks dont really impact their marketing when it comes to the masses.  And the only people who need to know well ahead of time are those who travel to multiple shows.  
    This. Someone was complaining the other day that there’s never been such a big gap between leaks & announcement. Yeah, that’s a feature not a bug, I’m glad for the earlier leak.
    as for the “die-hards on Facebook”, I seem to remember a couple weeks of all of that group calling us liars when this forum had last year’s (correct) dates in March..

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    DMB Jealousy Day 2024. A shorter run this year means no Hartford, but still nine shows between New Hampshire and Camden.

May be an image of text

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • JbabbingtonJbabbington Posts: 151
    JimmyV said:
    DMB Jealousy Day 2024. A shorter run this year means no Hartford, but still nine shows between New Hampshire and Camden.

May be an image of text

I'd say Deer Creek will be one for the books, since they got cut so short due to the weather last summer. 
  • Let's end this whole discussion on intentional leaks right now. The band does not do this. It is actually the opposite with these guys. They want full control of their roll out which is impossible to do considering how many people are involved with the tour. 
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,622
    Let's end this whole discussion on intentional leaks right now. The band does not do this. It is actually the opposite with these guys. They want full control of their roll out which is impossible to do considering how many people are involved with the tour. 
    Yep
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,043
    I think the number of multiple show attendees is far greater than that too, i think there are a lot of people doing this
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,752
    I rarely meet people who haven't traveled from somewhere.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • just_onejust_one Posts: 2,114
    pdalowsky said:
    I think the number of multiple show attendees is far greater than that too, i think there are a lot of people doing this
    Yeah its bigger than that.

In 2014 we did vienna and berlin (amongst other cities but vienna and berlin was back to back days) and the flight we took early in vienna im not joking but around 95% of the people on the flight were clearly pearl jam fans that were in vienna and were also going to berlin to see the band. This was 10 years ago so the number must be higher by now for sure
  • BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,292
    just_one said:
    pdalowsky said:

In 2014 we did vienna and berlin (amongst other cities but vienna and berlin was back to back days) and the flight we took early in vienna im not joking but around 95% of the people on the flight were clearly pearl jam fans that were in vienna and were also going to berlin to see the band. This was 10 years ago so the number must be higher by now for sure
    Yes I've done flights between euro shows where more or less the entire flight was PJ fans plus all the others on different routes makes it well into the hundreds 

We even had just about a full train from Dublin to Belfast 
  • KidAOKKidAOK Posts: 101
    People are complaining about the European tour announcement being a few months delayed to what the band normally do (whatever idea of normal they've created based on the previous 2 tours) yet ignoring the benefit of a World tour announcement for Aussies and Kiwis and those planning to travel down under who are getting loads of time to plan.

On the whole, a world tour announcement in Feb is fair for all.  If you are slightly inconvenienced, suck it up.

• JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,204
    As someone who has to travel to shows since they keep avoiding Atlanta, an overwhelming majority of the people that I have met at shows have not been locals to the area. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,834
    Let's end this whole discussion on intentional leaks right now. The band does not do this. It is actually the opposite with these guys. They want full control of their roll out which is impossible to do considering how many people are involved with the tour. 
    Yeah, they don't close this thread because it would be pointless to as the info is on Facebook, X, etc....  Not because they  want the word out. 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,425
    KidAOK said:
    People are complaining about the European tour announcement being a few months delayed to what the band normally do (whatever idea of normal they've created based on the previous 2 tours) yet ignoring the benefit of a World tour announcement for Aussies and Kiwis and those planning to travel down under who are getting loads of time to plan.

On the whole, a world tour announcement in Feb is fair for all.  If you are slightly inconvenienced, suck it up.

Wouldn’t fair for all be the same amount of time between the announcement and the time the shows happen? How does Europe not getting announced during its normal December timeframe change the fairness for anyone else? You are still getting your 9 months to plan. 

• KidAOKKidAOK Posts: 101
    PJNB said:
    KidAOK said:

Wouldn’t fair for all be the same amount of time between the announcement and the time the shows happen? How does Europe not getting announced during its normal December timeframe change the fairness for anyone else? You are still getting your 9 months to plan. 

Because, and this is only an assumption, PJ want to make a world tour announcement instead of announcing different tours at different times.  That's their prerogative and they'll have their reasons, promoting a world tour has to have it's benefits.

Like any act that announces world tours those that want to go to the start of the tour have less time to react and those at the end have more.
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,884
    30 posts and no new news today.  That’s fine.  We’re good.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
    ComeToTX said:
    There are double-digit US cities they haven’t hit in over a decade, most of us have no choice but to travel.
  • JD87070JD87070 Posts: 245
    kmcmanus said:
    ComeToTX said:
    There are double-digit US cities they haven’t hit in over a decade, most of us have no choice but to travel.
    It’s a kind of two-fold thing i think. As far as people who travel for the entire, or most of, the tour, the 50-100 is probably close. But seeing as their touring is so limited anymore, i’d guess probably close to half of the audience for most shows is traveling at least some distance-across state lines or past other major cities.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,174
    JimmyV said:

May be an image of text

Just got a big bundle of some really good Jealousy strain from Cali it’s damn tasty and potent 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • JadlerJadler Posts: 761
    JimmyV said:

May be an image of text

I'd say Deer Creek will be one for the books, since they got cut so short due to the weather last summer. 
    Two nights in Gilford. Bands really seem to dig that spot now. Accommodations for the band are supposedly tremendous. 
  • devonfzdevonfz Posts: 166
    I didn’t meet a single local person in austin for the shows got to  travel or else

one good benefit of 10c seats being further back i was in row p and t  in austin  much quicker to hit beer line and bathroom👍 
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,490
    just_one said:
    pdalowsky said:

I was on that flight and it was dubbed a pj full flight. Great
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • terribly sorry to arrive late to the party, but could someone point me to the leaked dates? It's just hard to pinpoint where they are among lots of discussion.  TIA.
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,490
    First page
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,650
    JimmyV said:

May be an image of text

Dave does not share PJ's affinity for California apparently.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,479
    Poncier said:
    JimmyV said:

May be an image of text

We don't need him!
    Poncier said:
    If only PJ shared his understanding that NYC, Boston & Philly is not an actual east coast tour
  • YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Posts: 4,630
    edited January 23
    If the pearl jam 2024 tour is bigger than Dave Matthews Band, I’ll laugh.
    Post edited by YourDirtisMyfood on
  • primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    You will definitely not be laughing!!
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123

Unlikely. DMB has a full European leg scheduled before the U.S. dates.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • If the pearl jam 2024 tour is bigger than Dave Matthews Band, I’ll laugh.
    You will definitely not be laughing!!
    Agreed. 
    "If you're like me, then you know me"

2006: Camden 1
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 1, Philly 2, Philly 3, Philly 4
    2013: Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2,
    2017: Temple of The Dog Philly 2
This discussion has been closed.