Options

The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,450
    We've seen a few details change along this journey so it should be pretty clear that at least part of the reason we don't have an announcement yet is that there are still some things being hammered down
  • Options
    estarr31estarr31 Posts: 574
    Zod said:
    It baffles me that people struggle with the bathroom break issue, when logicially, the solution is stop drinking fluids an hour or two before the show starts.
    No struggle, Jeremy or Daughter
    Nah it's black over Jeremy.  Black is overplayed and didn't age well.  Just a whiney boy crying over a girl.  Things just aren't that way as you get older. Song is super cringe now. Like you just want to yell at the guy to not be a lil bitch and man up.
    Wow, found the worst take here. Even if you dont have a connection to it anymore, the emotion in the end building up to Mike going nuts is worth it every time. 

Also, Crazy Mary in recent years has gotten better as Mike seems to go off longer. Good points on Jeremy/Porch tho, love those live but def time to get in and out quickly. 
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • Options
    estarr31estarr31 Posts: 574
    Kwieneke said:
    too soon to panic, Jeff must be talking about a side project 
    oh we're right on schedule for the panic 
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,584
    estarr31 said:
    Kwieneke said:

lol :lol:
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,060
    on2legs said:
    estarr31 said:
    Kwieneke said:

lol :lol:
    22 more days of this madness it looks like lol
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,656
    My strategy for arena shows.   Eat and drink when I want during the day before the show.  If I want a drink at the show I get a drink.  If nature calls, I go to the bathroom.  If it happens to time with a 7 minute song that is great, but if not, it is only a damn song or two.  Festival, yeah, I'll try to manage as more inconvenient depending where you are hanging out.

Why inconvenience yourself for a song or two?  I learned long ago why the hell am I standing in a parking lot for hours and hours to buy a poster or get two rows closer?   Managing your schedule/enjoyment around 2 songs or a sticker is insanity.
  • Options
    fl247556fl247556 Posts: 278
    drfox said:
    Where did the February 13th originate from?
    This is what I’ve wondered as well. Unless I’m mistaken don’t think it was from Dimi, Facemeltor etc so would be good to understand where the rumour started. 
    Check page 81 out.
    That was that on the page 81:
    • Someone is teasing on Facebook about 2-13 being a significant date for something PJ releated..I would guess album release but who knows
      Albums are released on Fridays, not Tuesdays so it can't be that..
    • Remember when people did not believe the 4/20/23 announcement rumour? That was fun... 
    freddie vedder
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,032
    pjl44 said:
    I'd like to point out that said management is, if not endorsing, at least allowing an early look at this tour info on their official message board. It would be very easy for them to delete any and all posts with credible info leaked. The alternative is straight radio silence until an official announcement so pick what you want. (I like this scenario.)
    i also like it but something has changed in the way they announce tours and to fans that travel it sucks to have things announced so late
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,053
    just_one said:
    pjl44 said:
    I'd like to point out that said management is, if not endorsing, at least allowing an early look at this tour info on their official message board. It would be very easy for them to delete any and all posts with credible info leaked. The alternative is straight radio silence until an official announcement so pick what you want. (I like this scenario.)
    i also like it but something has changed in the way they announce tours and to fans that travel it sucks to have things announced so late
    How much time do you need to make travel plans? Honest question.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    GianGiovi94GianGiovi94 Italy Posts: 76
    mcgruff10 said:
    just_one said:
    pjl44 said:
    I think that is not about time, but about price increases of flights and hotels, and I totally agree with him,
    Flights increased a lot from december until now, around 45% higher...

Milan 2014, Trieste 2014, Milan 2018, Padua 2018, Rome 2018, Berlin 2022, Imola 2022, Frankfurt 2022, Wien 2022, Prague 2022, Amsterdam-1 2022
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    just_one said:
    pjl44 said:
    usually 6-7 months for flights is pretty good. the closer u get , the more expensive flights become.

the way they used to announce (europe in december) was perfect because the flights were very affordable and it was the end of the year as flights among other things always get more expensive when a new year starts.
  • Options
    BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 630
    fl247556 said:
    drfox said:
    Where did the February 13th originate from?
    This is what I’ve wondered as well. Unless I’m mistaken don’t think it was from Dimi, Facemeltor etc so would be good to understand where the rumour started. 
    Check page 81 out.
    That was that on the page 81:
    • Someone is teasing on Facebook about 2-13 being a significant date for something PJ releated..I would guess album release but who knows
      Albums are released on Fridays, not Tuesdays so it can't be that..
    • Remember when people did not believe the 4/20/23 announcement rumour? That was fun... 
    So Facemeltor did confirm that 2/13 was the plan for the tour announcement.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    just_one said:
    pjl44 said:
    I think that is not about time, but about price increases of flights and hotels, and I totally agree with him,

Thank You!
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,053
    just_one said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    just_one said:
    pjl44 said:
    usually 6-7 months for flights is pretty good. the closer u get , the more expensive flights become.

the way they used to announce (europe in december) was perfect because the flights were very affordable and it was the end of the year as flights among other things always get more expensive when a new year starts.
    I didn’t  know flights increased like that, Good info. Hopefully we get an announcement soon.  Be well.  :)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 679
    We’ve had that 2/13 date since November. I’m not saying people shouldn’t be annoyed that that’s the plan, but you’ve had 2 months to make your peace with that annoyance and move forward. It’s strange to me to get freshly mad every time something doesn’t happen that there’s no reason to have expected to happen. If we don’t have an announcement when we wake up on Valentines Day then yeah we’ll all get mad together. But until then we all know what’s up.
  • Options
    jamofpearlsjamofpearls Florence, AL Posts: 347
    Do your flight shopping on Tuesday or Wed afternoons. Sometimes, that's when prices drop. 
    I usually get really good package deals on kayak
    98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
    Ed Solo: 17-Louisville
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,503
    Feb 13 is perfect for football fans needing something to focus on once the super bowl is over.  For single people it’s also good to not focus on Valentine’s Day that week and for couples it’s a chance to buy each other gifts.  So it’s a good date all around! 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,974
    Feb 13 is perfect for football fans needing something to focus on once the super bowl is over.  For single people it’s also good to not focus on Valentine’s Day that week and for couples it’s a chance to buy each other gifts.  So it’s a good date all around! 
    UBC takes a reading week then, too, because suicide rates are higher.
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,674
    just_one said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    just_one said:
    pjl44 said:

I can only speak for Domestic flights in the USA, but flights tend to start out very high, then continue to drop until the 2 month or so mark, and then go up again as the day gets closer

I think I read somewhere that someone ran the numbers, and 56 days out is actually the cheapest average day to buy a ticket for domestic flights
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,934
    just_one said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    just_one said:
    pjl44 said:

I can only speak for Domestic flights in the USA, but flights tend to start out very high, then continue to drop until the 2 month or so mark, and then go up again as the day gets closer

I think I read somewhere that someone ran the numbers, and 56 days out is actually the cheapest average day to buy a ticket for domestic flights
    That seems in line with bookings I've made as well.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,142
    just_one said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    just_one said:
    pjl44 said:

Alright, but USA flights $ are different than flights in Europe. 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    just_one said:
    pjl44 said:

Well said. 
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    kmcmanus said:
    We’ve had that 2/13 date since November. I’m not saying people shouldn’t be annoyed that that’s the plan, but you’ve had 2 months to make your peace with that annoyance and move forward. It’s strange to me to get freshly mad every time something doesn’t happen that there’s no reason to have expected to happen. If we don’t have an announcement when we wake up on Valentines Day then yeah we’ll all get mad together. But until then we all know what’s up.
    There was never a rumored date - in PJ history, of course - set three months before it started circulating. If they already knew about the concerts in November, why not announce them? 
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    raindog80 said:
    just_one said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    just_one said:
    pjl44 said:

yes , im talking about international flights to different european countries. they tend to get more expensive the more close u are of the date
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,183
    just_one said:
    raindog80 said:
    just_one said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    just_one said:
    pjl44 said:

yes , im talking about international flights to different european countries. they tend to get more expensive the more close u are of the date
    Agree, flights are becoming more and more expensive here in Europe with every week that passes 
  • Options
    The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,432
    edited January 22
    I wish PJ would just announce tours the way Dylan does. 

No warning, no rumoured dates, no months on speculation. He's just shoved some dates onto the official tour page and more dates get added randomly with no sense of plan  =)
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,674
    raindog80 said:
    kmcmanus said:
    There was never a rumored date - in PJ history, of course - set three months before it started circulating. If they already knew about the concerts in November, why not announce them? 
    Marketing, thats the only reason

It will most likely be one big mega announcement on 2/13.  "World Tour!  New songs!  New album!  Pearl Jam!!!"

Nothing more than a way to get the hype train going for PJ among the more casual fans
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    edited January 22
    raindog80 said:
    kmcmanus said:

It will most likely be one big mega announcement on 2/13.  "World Tour!  New songs!  New album!  Pearl Jam!!!"

Nothing more than a way to get the hype train going for PJ among the more casual fans
    yeah unfortunally that seems to be the plan
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,450
    raindog80 said:
    kmcmanus said:

That's not the only reason. Since we got the initial dates teased:

Camden moved to Philly
    Seattle shows are in flux

Anyone's guess whether or not there are other holdups
  • Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 679
    raindog80 said:
    Counterpoint: there was never a leak in PJ history as early as this one, isn’t it cool that we get a heads-up earlier than ever?
    And just because we’ve never been tipped off this early doesn’t mean the band doesn’t always know this early. It’s possible the only timetable that’s different this year is the leak
This discussion has been closed.