Options

Important Cancelation Notice for Sacramento and Las Vegas

Comments

• Options
    VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,917
    I didn't have tickets to Sacramento or Vegas.  I really feel bad for the band and fans.  I hope Matt and Jeff recover fully and quickly.  Here is my hope for the Sacramento and Vegas 10c ticketholders.  I hope that when a future tour is announced and assuming Sacramento or Vegas are announced, and 10c does the show ticket allocation where 10c members petition for shows, that current Sacramento and Vegas ticket holders don't get passed over for show admission.  I.e., they automatically get 10c tickets to purchase and not get passed over.  For example, let's say there is a Vegas 2023 show, I'd hate to see a situation where someone is saying "I had tickets to Vegas 2022 and it got cancelled, and now they're returning in 2023 and I got passed over in the 10c lottery process".  I'd hate to see that. 
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • Options
    aurelgugusaurelgugus France & Luxembourg Posts: 499
    I didn't have tickets to Sacramento or Vegas.  I really feel bad for the band and fans.  I hope Matt and Jeff recover fully and quickly.  Here is my hope for the Sacramento and Vegas 10c ticketholders.  I hope that when a future tour is announced and assuming Sacramento or Vegas are announced, and 10c does the show ticket allocation where 10c members petition for shows, that current Sacramento and Vegas ticket holders don't get passed over for show admission.  I.e., they automatically get 10c tickets to purchase and not get passed over.  For example, let's say there is a Vegas 2023 show, I'd hate to see a situation where someone is saying "I had tickets to Vegas 2022 and it got cancelled, and now they're returning in 2023 and I got passed over in the 10c lottery process".  I'd hate to see that. 
    Seeing what happened for fans that have tickets for Raleigh and Baltimore …
    2012 : Amsterdam 2
    2014 : Amsterdam 1&2, Milan, Berlin, Werchter
    2018 : Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London 1, Berlin, Werchter, London 2
    2020 : ?
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,213
    I have to assume the choice to cancel and not postpone means they were confident they would return to those markets.

I'm getting the feeling they're just hoping they through making up this years dates (which are mostly postponed 2020 dates) and ending without having to worry about doing them.   They'll probably reassess after seeing how those tours go.

This can't be easy. I think I picked up covid from one of the Oakland shows.  It's not pleasant.  Really sore throat, runny nose, bit of a fever.   It would be nasty working or performing with it.
  • Options
    FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,187
    It sounds like they did everything they could to keep it going and provide a unique experience for the fans in the process. Bummed about Vegas, but really feel for those of you who were just hours away from showtime. I don’t see Europe or the remaining NA shows being any easier to navigate, makes holding OKC and Denver tickets feel like a tease. Better catch them early because they may not even make it out of Canada in the Fall. 
  • Options
    utpaldesaiutpaldesai Posts: 24
    edited May 2022
    843ba said:
    So are the band members not vaccinated? 
    I know several folks who are vaccinated but got infected not just one but multiple times. The symptoms are milder for vaccinated but you still feel like crap for 2-3 days  
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,803
    edited May 2022
    Just my 2 cents as things currently stand.   

- When the spring tour was announced I went for the first 4 shows knowing they were safest ( least likely to get canceled)
    - I added both Oakland shows but had alternative arrangements for both Thursday and Friday 
    -  I will have the same mindset in the fall,  I'm only planning the 4 Canadian shows.   beyond that your rolling the dice
    -  If your traveling to Europe only to see Pearl Jam your asking for trouble.  It this point make other plans and consider it a bonus if your concerts are performed.

On a side note. What bothers me about this whole situation is why isn't there more discussions about diet and exercise?  That should be recommended before vaccination because its something everyone can do and control.  

notes about the author......he is triple vaxed and is a social smoker ( meaning he smokes other peoples, that cheap bastard) usually when getting drunk as f**k.  

1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    U2SJU2SJ Posts: 62

I am also hoping we would get our same lottery won tickets for Sac or Vegas. 
    what ended up happening for the raleigh and baltimore shows?

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,981
    D-Rod said:

- When the spring tour was announced I went for the first 4 shows knowing they were safest ( least likely to get canceled)
    - I added both Oakland shows but had alternative arrangements for both Thursday and Friday 
    -  I will have the same mindset in the fall,  I'm only planning the 4 Canadian shows.   beyond that your rolling the dice
    -  If your traveling to Europe only to see Pearl Jam your asking for trouble.  It this point make other plans and consider it a bonus if your concerts are performed.

On a side note. What bothers me about this whole situation is why isn't there more discussions about diet and exercise?  That should be recommended before vaccination because its something everyone can do and control.  

notes about the author......he is triple vaxed and is a social smoker ( meaning he smokes other peoples, that cheap bastard) usually when getting drunk as f**k.  

diet and exercise before vax?  Take that shit somewhere else
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,341
    edited May 2022
    U2SJ said:

What happened for the Raleigh/Baltimore shows? A big fat nothing burger...at least thus far. You never know, the band could have something in the works for Baltimore but I think the ship has passed on the cancelled NC show now that it is almost 6 years later.
  • Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,679
    D-Rod said:

People can’t even wear a mask in the grocery store for 10 minutes, do you actually think they will run for 20 minutes, do sit ups or eat a vegetable? This whole pandemic just shows how selfish some people are and the inability to care about anyone but themselves. Put the mask mandates back for flying, indoor public places and watch the numbers of cases go down. People can’t even do the bare minimum for their communities, it’s embarrassing. Drink water, exercise, stay home when your sick, keep your disgusting snotty kids home when they are sick. Do the bare minimum and shit will get better. Aaah, that felt good. 
  • Options
    I get the pain. 

We flew to San Fran from southern BC for the two shows (and added Daryl Hall/Todd Rundgren). We felt so fortunate they went ahead given events. I would have been upset after paying flights and hotel for a week since we built a mini holiday around it but you can’t control what you can’t control.

Debating COVID and policy and bubbles and woulda, coulda, shoulda is unfair. Nothing happens in a vacuum and hindsight is great. 

When the band does something we like they are amazing. The greatest guys on the planet who go the extra mile for their fans. So what’s changed now?
  • Options
    U2SJU2SJ Posts: 62
    U2SJ said:

What happened for the Raleigh/Baltimore shows? A big fat nothing burger...at least thus far. You never know, the band could have something in the works for Baltimore but I think the ship has passed on the cancelled NC show now that it is almost 6 years later.
    ugh that sucks!
  • Options
    Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,191
    Sooo, if these were the last two dates of the North American tour, what tour am I seeing on September 11 in New York ??? I'm a bit confused

"...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • Options
    Wishing you nothing but strength and good vibes to you Matt and Jeff!! Stay hydrated!! 

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    Mr. Fixer said:
    Unfortunately, I could not attend Vegas and sold my tickets on Fan to Fan.  I have yet to get paid by Ticketmaster for the sale. Will both I AND the buyer be refunded via our original purchase methods? Anybody have experience with this? Kind of a weird situation.  Thanks and stay well!
    I believe the way it works is you get refunded, and hopefully the seller is honest enough to reimburse the person they sold to. at least that's what it says on the canadian TM website about fan to fan sales. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,834
    Sooo, if these were the last two dates of the North American tour, what tour am I seeing on September 11 in New York ??? I'm a bit confused

The Statue of Liberty
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,729
    I get the pain. 

We flew to San Fran from southern BC for the two shows (and added Daryl Hall/Todd Rundgren). We felt so fortunate they went ahead given events. I would have been upset after paying flights and hotel for a week since we built a mini holiday around it but you can’t control what you can’t control.

Debating COVID and policy and bubbles and woulda, coulda, shoulda is unfair. Nothing happens in a vacuum and hindsight is great. 

When the band does something we like they are amazing. The greatest guys on the planet who go the extra mile for their fans. So what’s changed now?
    I think they could've gone the extra mile here and found a way to put on the show....even without Jeff and Matt. Fly someone in to fill-in for Jeff or something. Or at the very least, announce that the show will be rescheduled and made-up.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,834
    Maybe a 'to be determined' & if they had to cancel let fans down a little more easily. Sorry all.
  • Options
    Loujoe said:

The Statue of Liberty
    Really??? Na uh...

• Options
    Wilco87Wilco87 Posts: 33
    matt84 said:
    Sucks for those going. On a purely selfish note as someone who is seeing them in Europe - it’s good that Matt and Jeff got it before the European leg.
    Not to be Debbie Downer, but with these new variants the anti-bodies are not as strong and the chance for reinfection within a short timespan is greater. For example, Jimmy Kimmel and Stephen Colbert had it a few weeks ago. Both got it again.

As someone who had it last month (pretty mild, after 1 rough day felt like a typical cold), really a bummer that the "super immunity" silver lining doesn't really seem to be much of a thing anymore. I was going to put off getting a 2nd booster for a while, but now will look into getting it in the near future.

As for Vegas, for over 10 years I thought whenever PJ played there I was going to make it happen somehow. I was on my way to the airport when I found out the news. I pulled the plug. Got most of my travel expenses back in refund and credit, felt as ok about it as possible given the short notice.

After getting a ride back home from the airport I unpacked and decided to head out to pick up some dinner. Turn on the radio (regular FM) and I kid you not they are playing Black. What a kick in groin.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,507
    Pearl Jam postponed concerts for a couple years, and people bitched that they were holding onto their money (as if people didn't have the option for a refund)

Now they cancel and people are bitching that they didn't postpone. 

It's just a never ending bitch fest. 

They really can't win. 
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,257
    BF25394 said:
    pjhawks said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    pjhawks said:
    This sucks for all the people holding tickets to those shows and especially those travelling to the shows.  I wonder if there is anything else to do in Vegas :wink:   Now to get political a bit, I really hope they are not testing asymptomatic people.  It really makes no sense to test asymptomatic people at this point.  And yes I am prepared for the blowback starting....

And when the asymptomatic people spread it to other who become symptomatic? Or someone in the chain dies? What then?
    It makes total sense to test regularly in their situation.
    Almost all the people dying from COVID currently (not that this can't change) are either unvaccinated or immuncompromised and most of those are either elderly and/or obese.  If we continue to treat this as it was in 2020 then nothing will ever go back to normal.  It's not 2020.  People are going to get this. The best way to be safe is to get vaccinated and lead a healthy lifestyle.  
    70 percent of the U.S. population is overweight or obese.  This is a big reason why 78 percent of COVID deaths are among those who are overweight or obese.  (And, yes, it is overweight AND obese, not just the obese.)  So, sure, living healthier is a good strategy, but that is not something that is going to be accomplished in the short- or medium-term.  (And it's not ever going to happen in a country where inexpensive food is unhealthy food, and many people have little or no access to fresh produce or healthy food because they live in food deserts.)  Meanwhile, people can take reasonable precautions to protect themselves and others.  If they don't, then, yes, "people are going to get this."  But there are things you can do to increase your odds of avoiding it, primarily wearing a mask properly and consistently when in any indoor public setting or when mixing with people from outside of your household.  I have practiced this religiously, and I am living my life.  I just saw Pearl Jam seven times, fully masked at all times.  I saw Wilco four times last fall.  I saw Jeff Tweedy five times this spring.  Etc.  I haven't gotten it.  Maybe it will catch up to me eventually but, as long as transmission is high-- and it is where I live-- I'll continue to take these reasonable precautions that are a minor inconvenience to me.

EDIT: Some people have remarked about politics.  I just want to be clear: I am not coming at this from a political point of view.  As a great man has said many times: "I ain't no Democrat/Sure as fuck ain't no Republican either."
    I think @pjhawks makes a valid point -- this isn't 2020, the virus has changed, tools have changed, and our collective patience has been exhausted. -- All true. Personally, I am tired of events that are distanced, outdoors, require masking, proof of vaccination, AND on-site testing. Why even bother?? And I am tired of not being able to plan ahead (hence no European dates for us).

I am troubled by the "it's mostly old people anyway, no NBD" attitude, which I've seen since early 2020. Do we want to be a society that decides that everyone over  a certain age has outlived their usefulness and value? That's a very slippery slope, and I'm talking about more than just the part where we're all getting older, every day.

And @BF25394 correctly notes that MANY Americans are overweight/ obese. Many.

In the end, they're both right about taking precautions; getting vaccinated and wearing masks in high-risk situations. Doing both helps more than doing one or the other. I don't think anyone knows if we're ever going to get back to normal, or what "normal" will look like.

Politics and empathy: I can't say this loud enough, but viruses really don't give a flying fuck about your political beliefs. Neither MAGA hats nor pussy hats offer protection. Follow the science, forget politics, and shame on the people who have politicized this public-health crisis all along. But keep the empathy -- kind thoughts and well-wishes for the band, who did their best in an uncertain situation; sympathy for people who made travel plans for shows they've waited years to see, only to have the shows cancelled; sympathy for those whose health makes indoor shows off-limits for the foreseeable future. I'm troubled by the general fraying of the social fabric that I've seen over the last few years -- I'm not the only person who has noticed it; it's as if we've forgotten how to stop and think about how our actions affect others. Either we've forgotten to do that or we've just stopped caring. 
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,981
    Pearl Jam postponed concerts for a couple years, and people bitched that they were holding onto their money (as if people didn't have the option for a refund)

Now they cancel and people are bitching that they didn't postpone. 

It's just a never ending bitch fest. 

They really can't win. 
    Yep...if you want some real comedy check out the facebook PJ pages...holy shit people are insane.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    D-Rod said:

People can’t even wear a mask in the grocery store for 10 minutes, do you actually think they will run for 20 minutes, do sit ups or eat a vegetable? This whole pandemic just shows how selfish some people are and the inability to care about anyone but themselves. Put the mask mandates back for flying, indoor public places and watch the numbers of cases go down. People can’t even do the bare minimum for their communities, it’s embarrassing. Drink water, exercise, stay home when your sick, keep your disgusting snotty kids home when they are sick. Do the bare minimum and shit will get better. Aaah, that felt good. 

I also add the people that do not take it seriously and the people that think they do not have do be vigilant because they were already infected.

• Options
    hschmitz3hschmitz3 Chicago Posts: 5
    Most importantly, I hope Jeff and Matt are on the mend. Just bummed we dont get to see them again. St.Louis when Covid started...cancelled. Now flew from Chicago to Vegas just to see them. Fingers crossed September we get to see them!
  • Options
    MD190661MD190661 Posts: 345
    Mr. Fixer said:
    Unfortunately, I could not attend Vegas and sold my tickets on Fan to Fan.  I have yet to get paid by Ticketmaster for the sale. Will both I AND the buyer be refunded via our original purchase methods? Anybody have experience with this? Kind of a weird situation.  Thanks and stay well!
    I believe the way it works is you get refunded, and hopefully the seller is honest enough to reimburse the person they sold to. at least that's what it says on the canadian TM website about fan to fan sales. 
    TM should just refund/pay everyone involved. You didn't transfer tickets. You sold them. TM should handle everything and you should get your money, eventually. 
    10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/16/96, 7/22/98, 10/21/01, 6/1/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 9/1/05, 7/15/06, 7/18/06, 8/28/09, 10/07/09, 10/3/12, 11/26/13, 6/18/18, 8/10/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22

• Options
    Wilco87Wilco87 Posts: 33
    BF25394 said:

70 percent of the U.S. population is overweight or obese.  This is a big reason why 78 percent of COVID deaths are among those who are overweight or obese.  (And, yes, it is overweight AND obese, not just the obese.)  So, sure, living healthier is a good strategy, but that is not something that is going to be accomplished in the short- or medium-term.  (And it's not ever going to happen in a country where inexpensive food is unhealthy food, and many people have little or no access to fresh produce or healthy food because they live in food deserts.)  Meanwhile, people can take reasonable precautions to protect themselves and others.  If they don't, then, yes, "people are going to get this."  But there are things you can do to increase your odds of avoiding it, primarily wearing a mask properly and consistently when in any indoor public setting or when mixing with people from outside of your household.  I have practiced this religiously, and I am living my life.  I just saw Pearl Jam seven times, fully masked at all times.  I saw Wilco four times last fall.  I saw Jeff Tweedy five times this spring.  Etc.  I haven't gotten it.  Maybe it will catch up to me eventually but, as long as transmission is high-- and it is where I live-- I'll continue to take these reasonable precautions that are a minor inconvenience to me.

EDIT: Some people have remarked about politics.  I just want to be clear: I am not coming at this from a political point of view.  As a great man has said many times: "I ain't no Democrat/Sure as fuck ain't no Republican either."
    As you may guess from my moniker we are likely kindred spirits. I was supposed to see Wilco in Vegas (2020) but that was shelved to last fall. Couldn't make it to the make-up date. Was also supposed to see PJ in Vegas tomorrow. I guess it's just not in the cards for me in Vegas.

Pun intended.

Next big show on the horizon is Wilco in Cedar Rapids. It will be #41 for me. 56 overall for seeing Tweedy in some form. As of now, my 2022 highlight was seeing Golden Smog (with Tweedy for the first time in over a decade) for 2 shows in Minneapolis.
  • Options
    opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,096
    Managed to make it home from Sac late last night, but goddamn I'm bummed out...
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    wife and I briefly considered cancelling our Seattle trip to see Cantrell and go to Vegas for PJ. So glad we didn't make that call. Sorry to all you folks. Would have been an epic night. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,679

It’s the west coast leg. Euro tour then another n American tour in the fall