Options

Important Cancelation Notice for Sacramento and Las Vegas

Comments

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    I can somewhat relate.  I was hours from flying to Raleigh when that news dropped.  
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
    pjhawks said:
    This sucks for all the people holding tickets to those shows and especially those travelling to the shows.  I wonder if there is anything else to do in Vegas :wink:   Now to get political a bit, I really hope they are not testing asymptomatic people.  It really makes no sense to test asymptomatic people at this point.  And yes I am prepared for the blowback starting....

And when the asymptomatic people spread it to other who become symptomatic? Or someone in the chain dies? What then?
    It makes total sense to test regularly in their situation.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
    davidos said:
    I know from first hand experience that the band and crew were in a VERY tight bubble trying to keep Covid away… you could not get anywhere backstage without a Covid test on the spot… this new variant is a sneaky Fu@k.  Until we get to a point where it’s treated like a common cold then this will keep happening… we will all get Covid 2-3x a year because reinfection is a reality. The shots don’t do anything to keep you from getting infected and there is no built up immunity from previous versions.

I wouldn't be surprised if Jeff got it from the crowd. It is airborne, and far from a stretch to assume it drifted up on stage.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    One more night in the shittiest city I've been to in a long time (Oakland).  This was a risky tour to follow, or rental car being broken into twice didn't help, and I was so excited for the last 2 shows after Dave K's performance in Fresno.  Too much money, only 4 shows with the full band.  Luckily we were able to get a flight home tomorrow with miles and cancel my Vegas hotel at no cost.  Such a bummer, but we're going to have to cancel Europe and eat our 10C tickets too.  Just can't risk more money.  I'm sure the band feels just as bad as we do.
    It’s definitely better to eat what you’ve already spent and save by not spending any more.  

I actually decided on Sunday to cancel my Fresno and Sacramento plans for various reasons and had the same mindset

If the “Ticketmaster bubble” continues, I think the Europe tour is very high risk for traveling / cancelled shows 
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    Luckytwn1Luckytwn1 Posts: 503
    One more night in the shittiest city I've been to in a long time (Oakland).  This was a risky tour to follow, or rental car being broken into twice didn't help, and I was so excited for the last 2 shows after Dave K's performance in Fresno.  Too much money, only 4 shows with the full band.  Luckily we were able to get a flight home tomorrow with miles and cancel my Vegas hotel at no cost.  Such a bummer, but we're going to have to cancel Europe and eat our 10C tickets too.  Just can't risk more money.  I'm sure the band feels just as bad as we do.
    It’s definitely better to eat what you’ve already spent and save by not spending any more.  

I actually decided on Sunday to cancel my Fresno and Sacramento plans for various reasons and had the same mindset

If the “Ticketmaster bubble” continues, I think the Europe tour is very high risk for traveling / cancelled shows 
    Ticketmaster does not tell bands how to run their tours.
  • Options
    apkirklandapkirkland Big Sky Country Posts: 198
    PJ_Soul said:
    davidos said:
    I know from first hand experience that the band and crew were in a VERY tight bubble trying to keep Covid away… you could not get anywhere backstage without a Covid test on the spot… this new variant is a sneaky Fu@k.  Until we get to a point where it’s treated like a common cold then this will keep happening… we will all get Covid 2-3x a year because reinfection is a reality. The shots don’t do anything to keep you from getting infected and there is no built up immunity from previous versions.

I wouldn't be surprised if Jeff got it from the crowd. It is airborne, and far from a stretch to assume it drifted up on stage.
    This. I tested positive today after being in the Oakland 2 pit and just found out another person I know who was in there tested positive too. We were in the back but you can't completely stay away from airborne germs inside a packed arena. Totally sucks for the band, the fans, and everyone involved. I'm sure they didn't want to cancel but it's understandable and the risk we were all taking.
  • Options
    heartofadogheartofadog Portland, OR Posts: 352

At least where I am in the states (Portland), this surge is not even supposed to peak until mid-June. I assume there will be another surge in the fall post-Labor Day, and then another in the winter to coincide with seasonal flu stuff. 

I wish people were wearing masks indoors, and I also wish that folks stopped looking at this situation as something that's going to go away. It's not. We're way past the point of "beating COVID," that was never a reality, especially given the response in the states. I think at some point, restrictions and postponements/cancelations will have to reflect that reality. I don't know when that point will come. I know the band did all it could to keep this particular tour going. Hoping for a better outcome in Europe and then again in the fall but I'm extremely hesitant to travel. I had tickets for LA and Oakland shows and had to back out for my own reasons, and had tickets for tonight but. my flight didn't leave Portland until 5pm. 

I have tabs open for NYC, Camden, Nashville and Denver but am extremely wary of committing if anything pops up at this point.
    1993: Portland, OR (09/06), Seattle, WA (12/07), Seattle, WA (12/08), Seattle, WA (12/09)
    1995: Seattle, WA (02/05)
    1996: Seattle, WA (09/16)
    1997:
    Oakland, CA (11/19)
    1998:
    Portland, OR (07/18), Seattle, WA (07/21), Seattle, WA (07/22)
    2000: Bellingham, WA (05/10), Vancouver, BC (05/11), Mountain View, CA (10/31), Portland, OR (11/02), Seattle, WA (11/05), Seattle, WA (11/06)
    2002: Seattle, WA (12/05), Seattle, WA (12/06), Seattle, WA (12/08), Seattle, WA (12/09)
    2003: Vancouver, BC (5/30), Seattle, WA (10/22), 
    2006: Portland, OR (07/20)
    2009: Berlin, DE (08/15), Seattle, WA (9/21), Seattle, WA (9/22)
    2010: Berlin, DE (06/30)
    2013: Los Angeles, CA (11/23), Los Angeles, CA (11/24), Portland, OR (11/29), Spokane, WA (11/30)
    2018: Seattle, WA (08/10)
    2022: Seattle, WA (2/22), New York, NY (9/10), New York, NY (9/11), Camden, NJ (9/14), Denver, CO (9/22)
    2023: St. Paul, MN (8/31), St. Paul, MN (9/02)
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,364
    I was sitting at the airport gate in Burbank 20 minutes from boarding my flight when a friend and fellow Ten Club member called and said, "Don't get on the plane."  I drove from L.A. to Phoenix, from L.A. to Oakland and from L.A. to Fresno, and was fully prepared for the possibility that I might be five hours into a drive to Phoenix or Oakland when word came down that a show was canceled.  In spite of that, I thought we were in the clear, Matt's absence notwithstanding.  I guess I'm glad I wasn't driving to Sacramento, because I would have been about four hours up the road by the time I got word.

I'm disappointed, but these are the times we're living in.  I have avoided getting into this subject on this board, but I want to say that, despite what many posters are saying, there are things that we can all do to help to avoid situations like this.  We can't guarantee anything, but we can do our part.  Get vaccinated.  It doesn't prevent spread, but it reduces spread.  Lower-grade cases will shed less virus and be less contagious.  Wear a mask in indoor public spaces.  Wear it over your nose and mouth.  I just attended seven Pearl Jam shows in 14 days.  I was fully masked at all times in the arenas, including two shows in the pit.  It did not diminish my enjoyment.  I sang along with the same passion as I did in the days when I wasn't wearing a mask.  I have heard of many people around me who have tested positive.  I have not.

Vaccination does not protect 100 percent against infection.  Masks don't protect 100 percent against infection.  Condoms don't protect 100 percent against pregnancy or disease.  But no reasonable person decides, in a high-risk sexual situation, not to wear a condom because it doesn't guarantee protection against pregnancy or disease.  An indoor concert with thousands of people singing along at the top of their lungs is a high-risk situation for the spread of COVID.  Take reasonable precautions.  But, honestly, take reasonable precautions any time you're in an enclosed space with people you don't live with.

I want to add one other thing: if you don't want to wear a mask, don't wear a mask.  I think you should wear a mask, but I constantly see people with masks draped around their necks, or covering only their mouth but not their nose.  You might as well not wear the damned thing.  It's not even like they're wearing it because of mandates.  There are no mandates being enforced anymore, not even on airplanes, so either wear a mask properly or don't wear one at all.  I know there are people out there who got COVID and then said, "See, I told you masks don't work," but they were not wearing the masks properly or consistently.  Anyway, I'll get off the soapbox...
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,264
    MayDay10 said:
    pjhawks said:
    This sucks for all the people holding tickets to those shows and especially those travelling to the shows.  I wonder if there is anything else to do in Vegas :wink:   Now to get political a bit, I really hope they are not testing asymptomatic people.  It really makes no sense to test asymptomatic people at this point.  And yes I am prepared for the blowback starting....

I dont even understand why they’re getting tested at all —this didn’t happen with any band last year on tour.

I could be very wrong, but I believe they're living in a somewhat Ticketmaster/Promoter mandated "bubble" which includes daily testing, similar to what the NFL and NBA had been doing until they switched to a "test if symptomatic" only system after how many asymptomatic positives were resulting
    That's just begging to get things cancelled 

My son had a positive case in his class so we were forced to test him for him to go to school.  He tested positive and was forced to stay home for the week.  He was fine, had no symptoms other than allergies which he always has.  We wouldn't have tested him in 100 years and would have never thought he would have covid. 
    Same here, my son is fine but the district telling us he can’t return til next Tuesday. Even though the science clearly says you are most infectious 2 days prior to infection and then another few days. All of which have passed. My wife and I fought off the dreaded Covid in a few days. I won’t go back to masks and fear, living with Covid doesn’t mean trying to outrun it because you can’t. I’m done buying tickets to anything, sports, musicals, concerts in advance. Just not worth it, I’m fine doing things on the fly til society learn to actually live with Covid. By the way not criticizing the band, sounds like Matt had symptoms and you can’t drum feeling like crap. Other bands have completed tours, this was just awful luck. 
    So, my son is a (classical) musician. He still gets tested weekly -- with regular orchestra and chamber music rehearsals, regular testing keeps things going. He has a student, a teenager, who showed up sick for his lesson two weeks ago; oh, no, it's not covid, just a cold, he said. Last week, the kid shows up, laughing, says, oh, yeah, it WAS covid, ha ha, pretty funny, huh?

My son's teacher is immunocompromised. If he tests positive, that means he has potentially exposed his teacher, his orchestra colleagues, his chamber group. It ALSO means that he loses out on a number of paid gigs that are on his calendar -- because you can't play weddings via Zoom. I told him to fire his jackass student (neither the kid nor his mom bothered to notify people of exposure!). The idea that, more than two years into this, people are running about while symptomatic and not bothering to notify close contacts of exposure is unconscionable.

Most of us, if vaxxed and boosted and enjoying good health, will be fine if we catch omicron. Some of us will NOT be fine, not at all: I have an elderly friend I worry about all the time; we have an immunocompromised family member who has no protection; my son takes care not to expose his teacher.

Most of us can choose how much risk we wish to assume. *That has been true all along.* As a society, though, it ought to be incumbent upon all of us to protect those who don't get to choose their risk level. So, we went to three shows, wearing masks the whole time, even though we're truly sick of masking. That was our choice. We *also* refrained from visiting our elderly friend until we knew we had not picked up Covid at the concerts. That, in my opinion, is our obligation.

I'm not going to Europe this summer. My unsolicited advice for those going: have things to do while you're there in case the shows get cancelled, and enjoy your trip regardless of concert status.

All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658
    edited May 2022
    MayDay10 said:
    pjhawks said:

I dont even understand why they’re getting tested at all —this didn’t happen with any band last year on tour.

I could be very wrong, but I believe they're living in a somewhat Ticketmaster/Promoter mandated "bubble" which includes daily testing, similar to what the NFL and NBA had been doing until they switched to a "test if symptomatic" only system after how many asymptomatic positives were resulting

My son had a positive case in his class so we were forced to test him for him to go to school.  He tested positive and was forced to stay home for the week.  He was fine, had no symptoms other than allergies which he always has.  We wouldn't have tested him in 100 years and would have never thought he would have covid. 
    My wife is a teacher and not trying to argue but I don’t know what to tell you.

you want your son who is contagious to go to school because he is not showing symptoms. So who cares if he gives it to kids / teachers who may get symptoms or become very sick.

My wife’s school has a teacher in her 50’s who is in the hospital right now with Covid, I assume your cool with that because it’s not your kid ?

I apologize in advance if I am coming off like a dick but it seem people only care about themselves. I get it we are all exhausted from the past few years but it does not change the fact that over one million are dead.

Nothing to do with fear just being smart about
    things.

sorry end of rant 
    Post edited by Matts3221 on
  • Options
    heartofadogheartofadog Portland, OR Posts: 352
    BF25394 said:
    I was sitting at the airport gate in Burbank 20 minutes from boarding my flight when a friend and fellow Ten Club member called and said, "Don't get on the plane."  I drove from L.A. to Phoenix, from L.A. to Oakland and from L.A. to Fresno, and was fully prepared for the possibility that I might be five hours into a drive to Phoenix or Oakland when word came down that a show was canceled.  In spite of that, I thought we were in the clear, Matt's absence notwithstanding.  I guess I'm glad I wasn't driving to Sacramento, because I would have been about four hours up the road by the time I got word.

I'm disappointed, but these are the times we're living in.  I have avoided getting into this subject on this board, but I want to say that, despite what many posters are saying, there are things that we can all do to help to avoid situations like this.  We can't guarantee anything, but we can do our part.  Get vaccinated.  It doesn't prevent spread, but it reduces spread.  Lower-grade cases will shed less virus and be less contagious.  Wear a mask in indoor public spaces.  Wear it over your nose and mouth.  I just attended seven Pearl Jam shows in 14 days.  I was fully masked at all times in the arenas, including two shows in the pit.  It did not diminish my enjoyment.  I sang along with the same passion as I did in the days when I wasn't wearing a mask.  I have heard of many people around me who have tested positive.  I have not.

Vaccination does not protect 100 percent against infection.  Masks don't protect 100 percent against infection.  Condoms don't protect 100 percent against pregnancy or disease.  But no reasonable person decides, in a high-risk sexual situation, not to wear a condom because it doesn't guarantee protection against pregnancy or disease.  An indoor concert with thousands of people singing along at the top of their lungs is a high-risk situation for the spread of COVID.  Take reasonable precautions.  But, honestly, take reasonable precautions any time you're in an enclosed space with people you don't live with.

I want to add one other thing: if you don't want to wear a mask, don't wear a mask.  I think you should wear a mask, but I constantly see people with masks draped around their necks, or covering only their mouth but not their nose.  You might as well not wear the damned thing.  It's not even like they're wearing it because of mandates.  There are no mandates being enforced anymore, not even on airplanes, so either wear a mask properly or don't wear one at all.  I know there are people out there who got COVID and then said, "See, I told you masks don't work," but they were not wearing the masks properly or consistently.  Anyway, I'll get off the soapbox...
    Well put.
    1993: Portland, OR (09/06), Seattle, WA (12/07), Seattle, WA (12/08), Seattle, WA (12/09)
    1995: Seattle, WA (02/05)
    1996: Seattle, WA (09/16)
    1997:
    Oakland, CA (11/19)
    1998:
    Portland, OR (07/18), Seattle, WA (07/21), Seattle, WA (07/22)
    2000: Bellingham, WA (05/10), Vancouver, BC (05/11), Mountain View, CA (10/31), Portland, OR (11/02), Seattle, WA (11/05), Seattle, WA (11/06)
    2002: Seattle, WA (12/05), Seattle, WA (12/06), Seattle, WA (12/08), Seattle, WA (12/09)
    2003: Vancouver, BC (5/30), Seattle, WA (10/22), 
    2006: Portland, OR (07/20)
    2009: Berlin, DE (08/15), Seattle, WA (9/21), Seattle, WA (9/22)
    2010: Berlin, DE (06/30)
    2013: Los Angeles, CA (11/23), Los Angeles, CA (11/24), Portland, OR (11/29), Spokane, WA (11/30)
    2018: Seattle, WA (08/10)
    2022: Seattle, WA (2/22), New York, NY (9/10), New York, NY (9/11), Camden, NJ (9/14), Denver, CO (9/22)
    2023: St. Paul, MN (8/31), St. Paul, MN (9/02)
  • Options
    Blue27Blue27 Posts: 42
    To the last three (four now with the person who quoted the first) people who posted, 100%! Bravo to everything you all had to say!
    11/6+7/95 SD Sports-9/16/96 SEA Key-7/10/98 SD Cox-7/13+14/98 LA Forum-10/24/00 LA Greek-10/25/00 SD Sports-10/28/00 DEV Glen Helen-6/2+3/03 IRV Meadows-6/5/03 SD Sports-6/6/03 LV MGM-7/8+9/03 NYC MSG-9/1/05 GEO Gorge-7/6/06 LV MGM-7/7/06 SD Cox-7/9+10/06 LA Forum-7/12/06 LA Fonda-7/13/06 SB Bowl-7/12/08 LA Pauley Pav-6/1/09 LA Universal-9+10/30+1+6+7/09 LA Gibson-10/9/09 SD Viejas-11/21/13 SD Viejas-11/23+24/13 LA Sports-11/26/13 OAK Oracle
  • Options
    MD190661MD190661 Posts: 348
    BF25394 said:

I wore a mask the whole time at the Oakland shows. Most weren’t. Not sure why. They were supposed to. It’s not hard and it helps lower the spread if everyone does it. Might be a show tonight if that happened. 
    10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/16/96, 7/22/98, 10/21/01, 6/1/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 9/1/05, 7/15/06, 7/18/06, 8/28/09, 10/07/09, 10/3/12, 11/26/13, 6/18/18, 8/10/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22

• Options
    whitepantswhitepants Posts: 723
    BF25394 said:

~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options
    SSS81SSS81 Posts: 169
    Anyone have any tips/tricks to getting a full refund through Priceline? I received a partial refund (better than nothing), just wondering if there is any way to get the rest back. I know there are many many other fans that have had to eat a much larger cost than I have and for that I am sorry. I really hope the band/crew can recover quickly and stay safe.
  • Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,691
    I hope they make masks and vaccines required to enter these shows. Maybe these small steps make things better for the next leg. 
  • Options
    MD190661 said:
    BF25394 said:

I wore a mask the whole time at the Oakland shows. Most weren’t. Not sure why. They were supposed to. It’s not hard and it helps lower the spread if everyone does it. Might be a show tonight if that happened. 
    If you think it was bad in Oakland, you should have seen the other shows.  In San Diego, L.A. and Phoenix, I estimate that less than five percent of people wore masks.  In Oakland, it was probably more like 30 to 40 percent.  In Fresno, it might have been me and six other people.
  • Options
    JR86440JR86440 Posts: 739
    pjhawks said:
    Agree 100%. 
    Some people with common sense!! Nice to see here. Covid is now the flu. Simple as that. People die of flu every year. Sucks but it happens.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,934
    I'm totally depressed by this and I didn't even have tickets to this leg. They'll probably have to try and get through Europe and leg 2 but after that? They already don't tour a lot. Who knows how many or few chances there will be to see them in the future. Just absolutely sucks. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    whitepantswhitepants Posts: 723
    BF25394 said:
    MD190661 said:
    BF25394 said:

If you think it was bad in Oakland, you should have seen the other shows.  In San Diego, L.A. and Phoenix, I estimate that less than five percent of people wore masks.  In Oakland, it was probably more like 30 to 40 percent.  In Fresno, it might have been me and six other people.
    I was one of the 5% wearing a mask at the 2nd LA show. I'm sure loads of people got infected there because they thought it was 2018 instead of 2022. 
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,264
    edited May 2022
    BF25394 said:
    MD190661 said:
    BF25394 said:

I was at SD and both LA shows and 5% is a generous estimate, indeed. My husband pushed back on me a little, but I stood firm. He's been swamped with work ever since and in retrospect is glad that I held the line on masking, as he could not afford any down time right now.

Edit to add: As I've noted before, the whole family was at all four Spectrum shows, as we ALL were damn sick with H1N1 afterwards -- nearly two weeks of misery. So, yeah, we wore masks.
    Post edited by curmudgeoness on
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    I hope they make masks and vaccines required to enter these shows. Maybe these small steps make things better for the next leg. 
    Unfortunately, mask mandates are impossible to enforce at this point, especially in an arena environment.  You've got people exploiting the "actively eating or drinking" loophole, you've got others wearing masks in only the loosest sense of the word "wearing" (i.e., not covering the nose and/or mouth), and you've got a dark environment where you can't exactly climb over people to get to someone in seat 12 of row 15 to make them put on their mask.

It was always the case that mandates were never expected to see 100 percent compliance.  That's a fantasy world.  But, by having mandates in place, many people will comply just because those are the rules, and if enough people comply, you can meaningfully reduce the spread even though you can't fully stop it.  It's like speed limits.  If you have a speed limit, there's only so much enforcement you can do-- police can only stop a tiny fraction of drivers who exceed the limit.  So some people will speed, but most drivers will observe the limit.  You won't eliminate accidents, but you will minimize them.  (Data show that, as speed limits increase, the rate of accidents increases.)

The only thing we can rely on at this point is for as many people as possible to take reasonable precautions, but that only gets us so far because many people see these precautions as unreasonable, and some people just actively don't care about the risk.
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 886
    Had a 3 day stay at the NYNY hotel in Vegas and they gave me a full refund when I cited covid reasons 
  • Options
    JR86440 said:
    pjhawks said:
    Agree 100%. 
    Some people with common sense!! Nice to see here. Covid is now the flu. Simple as that. People die of flu every year. Sucks but it happens.
    The flu killed a low of 12,000 and a high of 61,000 Americans per year in the years from 2010 to 2019. 

COVID killed 350,000 Americans in 2020, 460,000 in 2021, and 190,000 so far in 2022.
  • Options
    lastexit78lastexit78 Posts: 615

At least where I am in the states (Portland), this surge is not even supposed to peak until mid-June. I assume there will be another surge in the fall post-Labor Day, and then another in the winter to coincide with seasonal flu stuff. 

I wish people were wearing masks indoors, and I also wish that folks stopped looking at this situation as something that's going to go away. It's not. We're way past the point of "beating COVID," that was never a reality, especially given the response in the states. I think at some point, restrictions and postponements/cancelations will have to reflect that reality. I don't know when that point will come. I know the band did all it could to keep this particular tour going. Hoping for a better outcome in Europe and then again in the fall but I'm extremely hesitant to travel. I had tickets for LA and Oakland shows and had to back out for my own reasons, and had tickets for tonight but. my flight didn't leave Portland until 5pm. 

I have tabs open for NYC, Camden, Nashville and Denver but am extremely wary of committing if anything pops up at this point.
    Speaking from just having Covid last week it sucks, but for almost everyone, especially those vaccinated it’s a crappy cold. The reason everyone is over restrictions is because the government, and most citizens understand you can’t eradicate. Plus this variant is substantially less lethal. If hospitals become overwhelmed you obviously change course but we are not there and may never get back with the massive amount of immunity humans are building. Minus China who have virtually none. Wear a mask if you so choose, but most won’t as these shows clearly showed. It’s part of life, it’s endemic, over time things will improve, as they already have. 2 years ago we wondered if live shows word ever return. They did and the band caught some horrible luck, plenty of other bands have toured over the past 9 months without issues. Hundreds of shows are happening tonight all over the country. Life goes on, with Covid. I’m with you though, my days of planning vacations around live events are over, don’t need the stress and uncertainty. 
    06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,482
    I really feel for the people of Sacramento and Vegas, as they have been waiting 22 and 16 years, respectively, for a show.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    Matts3221 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    pjhawks said:

My wife is a teacher and not trying to argue but I don’t know what to tell you.

you want your son who is contagious to go to school because he is not showing symptoms. So who cares if he gives it to kids / teachers who may get symptoms or become very sick.

My wife’s school has a teacher in her 50’s who is in the hospital right now with Covid, I assume your cool with that because it’s not your kid ?

I apologize in advance if I am coming off like a dick but it seem people only care about themselves. I get it we are all exhausted from the past few years but it does not change the fact that over one million are dead.

Nothing to do with fear just being smart about
    things.

sorry end of rant 
    Not saying I wanted him to go post-test.  Just that we would have never known.

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    BF25394 said:
    MD190661 said:
    BF25394 said:

No way Oakland was that high... I would say more like 5%
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,213
    PJ_Soul said:
    pjhawks said:

And when the asymptomatic people spread it to other who become symptomatic? Or someone in the chain dies? What then?
    It makes total sense to test regularly in their situation.
    Almost all the people dying from COVID currently (not that this can't change) are either unvaccinated or immuncompromised and most of those are either elderly and/or obese.  If we continue to treat this as it was in 2020 then nothing will ever go back to normal.  It's not 2020.  People are going to get this. The best way to be safe is to get vaccinated and lead a healthy lifestyle.  
  • Options
    jammergirljammergirl Posts: 598
    BF25394 said:

Well said! I wore a mask in GA to both Oakland shows and Fresno. Got a lot of stares but I didn't care, doesn't mean I still won't get it but at least I did my part to mitigate the risk. I'm in Sac now and looking or a place with outdoor seating, still don't want to be unmasked eating and drinking in a crowded indoor bar.