Options

Important Cancelation Notice for Sacramento and Las Vegas

Comments

• Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,382
    Only thing worse than the cancellation was trying In-n-Out for the first time. Bleh 
    It’s not good? 
    It’s just okay… I definitely expected more and wouldn’t go twice. The lettuce was nice and fresh at least!

BF25394 said:
    Only thing worse than the cancellation was trying In-n-Out for the first time. Bleh 
    Lies!
    Wish I was!
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,118
    BF25394 said:
    Lies!
    In my opinion the fries aren't that good (McDonald's and Wendy's are far superior), but the burgers are pretty damn good.  However, after having a lot of their burgers sober by day, I finally had a late night 'Double Double - Monster Style' after a night out recently and it was the best burger I've ever had.  
    Gotta get the fries "well done."
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,485
    It’s not good? 
    It’s just okay… I definitely expected more and wouldn’t go twice. The lettuce was nice and fresh at least!

BF25394 said:
    Lies!
    Wish I was!
    In-n-Out has that nostalgia thing going for it for those of us who ate it in California and then moved away to where it isn’t available, but after having it again last year at Ohana, I have to admit that Five Guys is better. I am hoping to try Whataburger in Oklahoma in September. My friends from Texas say it is really good. 

• Options
    DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 514
    edited May 2022
    Fast food talk > COVID talk

Not even close. 
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,668
    Here’s a fun question, lighten things up around here. Have you ever eaten fast food before a pj show and had to handle business mid show? I’m proud to say in seeing over 50 pj shows I have only gone #1 three times in 30 years. Thank u! Thank u!
  • Options
    Here’s a fun question, lighten things up around here. Have you ever eaten fast food before a pj show and had to handle business mid show? I’m proud to say in seeing over 50 pj shows I have only gone #1 three times in 30 years. Thank u! Thank u!

DM282158 said:
    Fast food talk > COVID 

A+ question. I’ve pissed a few times during shows. Once during Sirens (my designated piss song) and a couple times right after first set. 

I also ran off during Hail, Hail in Mansfield 2008 because I never pissed pre-show. Due to the fact that I almost got tossed because I got caught with beers as an 18 year old that a state police dispatcher my buddy and I met tailgating bought me. 
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,109
    While I didn’t have to leave the show, smoked wings in Jacksonville, while absolutely delicious, severely dehydrated me in the pit! Didn’t have any issue, and was totally fine, but so thirsty after. Always plan better before the shows now!
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,629
    Shake Shack > In N Out + 5 Guys
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    lowbudgetlushlowbudgetlush Posts: 609
    It’s not good? 
    I’ve had it a few times out in L.A. and in Vegas. It’s good for what it is. One must remember it’s still fast food. 
  • Options
    lowbudgetlushlowbudgetlush Posts: 609
    I have an irrational fear of getting “sick” at concerts. It all stems from going out with my then girlfriend (now wife) to dinner before a Rolling Stones concert in 2002. Well, needless to say I had a brutal stomach ache at the show and needed to use the restroom. People started throwing wet towels at me in the stall and saying “who takes a shit at a concert”. Scarred me ever since. Lol!
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,115
    #1? Hell, I do that 3 times per show (I drink a lot of beer). But #2, I've never done that once in over 500 concerts.
    I try to avoid doing that in public restrooms whenever possible as it is. But I damn sure ain't gonna do it in some filthy concert bathroom.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    In and Out = overrated but still better than the big three.  Shake Shack is the clear winner for quality and taste.  I prefer Five Guys overall because I do not always want mayo on my burger and Five Guys pretty much serves a burger as I would make it at home. Plus extra points for overfilling my cajun fries every time.
  • Options
    It’s not good? 
    I’ve had it a few times out in L.A. and in Vegas. It’s good for what it is. One must remember it’s still fast food. 
    But it's a different type of fast food.  Your food is not cooked until you order it.  Your French fries are a potato when you walk in the door.

It's Quality You Can TasteTM!
  • Options
    I have an irrational fear of getting “sick” at concerts. It all stems from going out with my then girlfriend (now wife) to dinner before a Rolling Stones concert in 2002. Well, needless to say I had a brutal stomach ache at the show and needed to use the restroom. People started throwing wet towels at me in the stall and saying “who takes a shit at a concert”. Scarred me ever since. Lol!
    F those people. I always have sympathy for those in stalls at venues. …. It was obviously that dire that there was no other option. Pay a man his respects. 
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • Options
    I listened to Sacramento 2000 to make up for this situation. Pretty good boot. Seemed like they were flying through the set though. 

Ed poking fun at Stone’s haircut was funny. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,469
    I listened to Sacramento 2000 to make up for this situation. Pretty good boot. Seemed like they were flying through the set though. 

They had to fly through it because it was freezing cold that night. Best opening song ever with Ed coming out and saying "Cold enough for you? Let's warm it up..." right into Whipping. Kickass.
  • Options

They had to fly through it because it was freezing cold that night. Best opening song ever with Ed coming out and saying "Cold enough for you? Let's warm it up..." right into Whipping. Kickass.
    Agreed, opening was awesome. Any set with Immortality is also a win to me. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    Mnys58746Mnys58746 Posts: 4
    I got the email about the LV cancellation just a few minutes after going through airport security.  I checked my email and said, "well...that sucks".  I was traveling alone and it wasn't like I was gonna just eat the cost of the hotel.  And the plane tickets were paid by using Skymiles.  This was to be my first PJ concert.  I got back into listening to them a lot the last couple years and now that they were touring, it was near the top of my bucket list.   Thanks to FTF I had a great single ticket near the stage.   But anyway, I was able to do some fun things while in LV.   Definitely eat at Taco el Gordo.  I'm from North Dakota,  Taco Bell is Mexican up here.  I went and toured the new Raider stadium,  took in the Blue Man Group (again), and walked around checking out all the 20'somethings in town for the EDC.  I wasn't mad about it being canceled, It just means seeing them live might be pushed way back.  Especially to get seats like I had for LV.

As a guy walking alone around the MGM at night, I was surprised at how friendly some of the girls were.  In a span of about 45 minutes I probably had 5 or 6 young gals asking where I was from, and how I was doing.  But gosh, golly, too bad I didn't have the time to chat.  I was hungry and looking for some food.

also...Freddy's Steakburger's and Custard recently opened up a burger place here (North Dakota).  They are the best I've found and I've eaten a lot.  
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,115
    Mnys58746 said:
    I got the email about the LV cancellation just a few minutes after going through airport security.  I checked my email and said, "well...that sucks".  I was traveling alone and it wasn't like I was gonna just eat the cost of the hotel.  And the plane tickets were paid by using Skymiles.  This was to be my first PJ concert.  I got back into listening to them a lot the last couple years and now that they were touring, it was near the top of my bucket list.   Thanks to FTF I had a great single ticket near the stage.   But anyway, I was able to do some fun things while in LV.   Definitely eat at Taco el Gordo.  I'm from North Dakota,  Taco Bell is Mexican up here.  I went and toured the new Raider stadium,  took in the Blue Man Group (again), and walked around checking out all the 20'somethings in town for the EDC.  I wasn't mad about it being canceled, It just means seeing them live might be pushed way back.  Especially to get seats like I had for LV.

As a guy walking alone around the MGM at night, I was surprised at how friendly some of the girls were.  In a span of about 45 minutes I probably had 5 or 6 young gals asking where I was from, and how I was doing.  But gosh, golly, too bad I didn't have the time to chat.  I was hungry and looking for some food.

also...Freddy's Steakburger's and Custard recently opened up a burger place here (North Dakota).  They are the best I've found and I've eaten a lot.  
    Freddy's = Overpriced Steak n Shake  :p

Glad you had a good trip tho.
    Hope you get to see them soon. Try one of the midwest shows this fall. While great seats may not be as easy to come by for Nashville or St Louis (we'll see), I promise they will be for OKC.
  • Options
    SpartanacusSpartanacus San Diego Posts: 796
    Mnys58746 said:

LOL, I don't think they wanted to chat; they wanted that money!  
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,946
    Five Guys is the best... Then shake shack, in n out, whataburger in my opinion 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    Mnys58746 said:

They must be super friendly out there! Just coming up and asking how you were. It sort of warms your heart. 😃
  • Options
    Five Guys is the best... Then shake shack, in n out, whataburger in my opinion 
    If you haven’t tried Smashburger, they are really good too. They have smash tots which are tater tots with rosemary, garlic and olive oil on them. 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    One time I was walking somewhat hurriedly across the bridge between the Tropicana and the MGM Grand on my way to a trivia event further up the Strip.  A beautiful woman with gorgeous blond hair, a perfect complexion and a spectacular body, who could only have been a high-end prostitute, approached me and asked what I was up to.  Not really slowing down, I muttered something about a trivia contest.  It occurred to me that she probably had never had someone turn her down for trivia before.
    Post edited by BF25394 on
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Last time I was in Vegas the number of times I was approached by attractive women was almost a nuisance.  Almost ;). They were all pros for sure.
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,168
    Mnys58746 said:

I normally disagree with Spartanacus on matters related to Covid safety but I agree in this case on the matter of the “friendly chatting”! 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    abadazz1abadazz1 Posts: 4
    I landed in Vegas and was at hotel check-in when i read the news about the cancellation. An hour later i bought Rod Stewart concert tickets. Rod(77 years young) was a great performance. While at his show I couldn`t help think how a 77 year old performer gets it done and entertained his fans! Enough said.....
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,281
    my apologies first.  but i didn't really want to read through 11 pages.  Do we know if Matt was expected to return for Sacramento or Vegas?  Just curious.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,873
    mr bungle said:
    my apologies first.  but i didn't really want to read through 11 pages.  Do we know if Matt was expected to return for Sacramento or Vegas?  Just curious.
    I don't think we have heard. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    mr bungle said:
    There was an interview with Josh K. that I listened to either late yesterday or early this morning with updates on Jeff and Matt,  that made it sound like he was expecting Matt to be back for Vegas.