Options

Important Cancelation Notice for Sacramento and Las Vegas

Comments

• Options
    mshnaydermshnayder Posts: 81
    I just can't understand people getting mad at the band for protecting themselves and doing what they feel is in the best interest of themselves and their families. It's asinine to think that they want to cancel shows. If they were looking for an excuse to cancel they would have done so after MC got covid or after Ed got food poisoning. This was not option A, B, or C for them. But COVID is NOT just a cold and as somebody who had it I can confirm that. At some point the risk is not worth the reward. And don't forget, as wealthy as they are, they are still going to be losing out on a significant amount of money for canceling these shows. It sucks. But if you booked hotels and flights in the middle of a pandemic you should have been aware of the potential risk of this happening. 
  • Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,679
    Poncier said:
    My sympathies to everyone who lost money on hotels, flights, etc. 

I had a friend working on Stones crew last fall and he couldn’t even go up to see his wife in a suite attending the show in Los Angeles. I also spoke with Lucas Jagger in the pit at the Detroit show and he wasn’t allowed to go backstage and see his Dad. Literally nobody was allowed into the bubble who wasn’t in the touring party. It’s really a miracle they were able to pull off the tour with no cancellations. 

Yet Mick was posting Instagram selfies from public places in just about every tour stop.
    You have to remember there is a new variant out now and cases are increasing. 
    Not the first or last time this will happen. New variant, cases rise, cases fall…..rinse and repeat. It will be this way forever now. Protect yourself. Live your life and stop judging others….
    I’ll judge all I want. Thx
  • Options
    patkelly12patkelly12 CT Posts: 346
    Poncier said:
    My sympathies to everyone who lost money on hotels, flights, etc. 

I had a friend working on Stones crew last fall and he couldn’t even go up to see his wife in a suite attending the show in Los Angeles. I also spoke with Lucas Jagger in the pit at the Detroit show and he wasn’t allowed to go backstage and see his Dad. Literally nobody was allowed into the bubble who wasn’t in the touring party. It’s really a miracle they were able to pull off the tour with no cancellations. 

Yet Mick was posting Instagram selfies from public places in just about every tour stop.
    You have to remember there is a new variant out now and cases are increasing. 
    Not the first or last time this will happen. New variant, cases rise, cases fall…..rinse and repeat. It will be this way forever now. Protect yourself. Live your life and stop judging others….
    I’ll judge all I want. Thx

Same here.
  • Options
    mshnayder said:
    I just can't understand people getting mad at the band for protecting themselves and doing what they feel is in the best interest of themselves and their families. It's asinine to think that they want to cancel shows. If they were looking for an excuse to cancel they would have done so after MC got covid or after Ed got food poisoning. This was not option A, B, or C for them. But COVID is NOT just a cold and as somebody who had it I can confirm that. At some point the risk is not worth the reward. And don't forget, as wealthy as they are, they are still going to be losing out on a significant amount of money for canceling these shows. It sucks. But if you booked hotels and flights in the middle of a pandemic you should have been aware of the potential risk of this happening. 
    Amen. No one wins when they cancel. 

We still went ahead with our trip to SF for the shows and even added a Daryl Hall concert and made a weeks holiday out of it knowing full well we might not even pass a COVID test to get into the US. 
  • Options
    childofthemoonchildofthemoon Detroit Posts: 60
    edited May 2022
    Poncier said:

Every single photo was taken by keyboardist/Mick’s friend Matt Clifford with one bodyguard present. The vast majority of them were taken late at night when nobody was around. Hop out of Mercedes, take mask off, take photo, mask back on, back in the Mercedes.. Mick didn’t get near another human aside from the two guys in the touring party.
    Post edited by childofthemoon on
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,238
    Poncier said:

Every single photo was taken by keyboardist/Mick’s friend Matt Clifford with one bodyguard present. The vast majority of them were taken late at night when nobody was around. Hop out of Mercedes, take mask off, take photo, mask back on, back in the Mercedes.. Mick didn’t get near another human aside from the two guys in the touring party.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    RiotAct10RiotAct10 Ohio Posts: 1,612
    mshnayder said:
    But if you booked hotels and flights in the middle of a pandemic you should have been aware of the potential risk of this happening. 
    Exactly. I totally get being frustrated and disappointed. But some of the things people have said on here are ridiculous and show a complete lack of compassion or care for anyone but themselves. I guess one of the lessons of the pandemic has been that there is a lot of that going on out there. But people suggesting Jeff needed to suck it up, put on a mask, and go stand in a corner paying bass for 2.5 hours,... really? No one is happy about the cancelations, including everyone in PJ, but its life. Shit happens.
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,981
    RiotAct10 said:
    mshnayder said:
    But if you booked hotels and flights in the middle of a pandemic you should have been aware of the potential risk of this happening. 
    Exactly. I totally get being frustrated and disappointed. But some of the things people have said on here are ridiculous and show a complete lack of compassion or care for anyone but themselves. I guess one of the lessons of the pandemic has been that there is a lot of that going on out there. But people suggesting Jeff needed to suck it up, put on a mask, and go stand in a corner paying bass for 2.5 hours,... really? No one is happy about the cancelations, including everyone in PJ, but its life. Shit happens.
    Agreed...this is why cancellation insurance exists. It isn't that expensive and makes perfect sense during times like these.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,507

Thoughts & prayers for those suffering from being judged.

The humanity of it all. 
  • Options
    DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 528
    If I was required to uphold to all of those “bubble standards”, at this point, I’d probably crack too. 
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,309
    Just looking from the outside Jeff has always seemed the least approachable to me! So I could see him being pissed at catching COVID and just saying screw touring! Again I don’t know any of the members at all just observing from my own warped mind! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    heartofadogheartofadog Portland, OR Posts: 352
    Just looking from the outside Jeff has always seemed the least approachable to me! So I could see him being pissed at catching COVID and just saying screw touring! Again I don’t know any of the members at all just observing from my own warped mind! 
    Everyone in the band is extremely approachable in the appropriate circumstances, at least in my experience. 

I do feel like there was some talk — maybe here on the boards, maybe in an interview — that Jeff might have had some reservations about touring in general, and especially within the context of the pandemic, but I might be misremembering that. I too have had a few moments of worry that the last couple years and especially this most recent tour may lead to the band scaling back their touring to an extreme degree.
    1993: Portland, OR (09/06), Seattle, WA (12/07), Seattle, WA (12/08), Seattle, WA (12/09)
    1995: Seattle, WA (02/05)
    1996: Seattle, WA (09/16)
    1997:
    Oakland, CA (11/19)
    1998:
    Portland, OR (07/18), Seattle, WA (07/21), Seattle, WA (07/22)
    2000: Bellingham, WA (05/10), Vancouver, BC (05/11), Mountain View, CA (10/31), Portland, OR (11/02), Seattle, WA (11/05), Seattle, WA (11/06)
    2002: Seattle, WA (12/05), Seattle, WA (12/06), Seattle, WA (12/08), Seattle, WA (12/09)
    2003: Vancouver, BC (5/30), Seattle, WA (10/22), 
    2006: Portland, OR (07/20)
    2009: Berlin, DE (08/15), Seattle, WA (9/21), Seattle, WA (9/22)
    2010: Berlin, DE (06/30)
    2013: Los Angeles, CA (11/23), Los Angeles, CA (11/24), Portland, OR (11/29), Spokane, WA (11/30)
    2018: Seattle, WA (08/10)
    2022: Seattle, WA (2/22), New York, NY (9/10), New York, NY (9/11), Camden, NJ (9/14), Denver, CO (9/22)
    2023: St. Paul, MN (8/31), St. Paul, MN (9/02)
  • Options
    vitodacatvitodacat Posts: 466
    Should be waking up at Cosmopolitan this morning, hitting the tables, maybe the pool on a beautiful 85 degree day in Vegas and preparing for tonight.  Instead I'm depressed back in NY doing errands.  The irony of the first song I heard this morning being played on PJ Radio was Sad.   I can't shake the doldrums

*Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0003

wont let the light escape from me
    wont let the darkness swallow me
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,513
    vitodacat said:
    Should be waking up at Cosmopolitan this morning, hitting the tables, maybe the pool on a beautiful 85 degree day in Vegas and preparing for tonight.  Instead I'm depressed back in NY doing errands.  The irony of the first song I heard this morning being played on PJ Radio was Sad.   I can't shake the doldrums
    My plane would have been landing in Vegas about an hour ago. I was streaming a show last night, and the episode took place in Vegas. It sucked.
  • Options
    Ute LewUte Lew West Point, UT Posts: 127
    I met him a few years back at the University of Utah basketball game. Thrill of a lifetime for me, he was very humble.
    • SLC   11/1/95 
    • SLC   11/2/95
    • PC   06/21/98 
    • LV    07/11/98
    • LV    10/22/00
    • MV   10/20/01
    • MV   10/21/01
    • MV   06/01/03
    • IR     06/02/03
    • IR     06/03/03
    • SD   06/05/03
    • LV    06/06/03
    • DN   07/02/06
    • DN   07/03/06
    • LV    07/06/06
    • SD   07/07/06
    • LA    07/09/06
    • LA    07/10/06
    • SLC  09/28/09
    • LA    10/07/09
    • SD    10/09/09
    • BOS 08/07/16
    • MON 08/13/18
    • PHX  05/09/22
    • LV     05/20/22 (Canceled: Fuck you Covid)
  • Options
    vitodacatvitodacat Posts: 466
    Met Jeff after Fenway 2018.  Really nice guy, talked a bunch of college hoops

*Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0003

wont let the light escape from me
    wont let the darkness swallow me
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,127
    RiotAct10 said:
    mshnayder said:
    Agreed...this is why cancellation insurance exists. It isn't that expensive and makes perfect sense during times like these.

Doesn’t help if your flight has already departed? This cancellation was last minute.

it appears not all bands are testing. Many bands have played alot more shows than PJ with zero cancelations.  Perhaps when a band announces a tour and sells tickets, they can disclose their testing and cancellation policy. Let the consumer make an informed decision before shelling out big money for flights and hotels.

It seems a band like PJ tests daily or at least before each show, which is their right to be cautious, and other bands do not test unless someone is sick
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,443
    edited May 2022
    RiotAct10 said:
    mshnayder said:
  • Options
    Does anyone think the band will announce a makeup Vegas show within the next year?
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,234
    Does anyone think the band will announce a makeup Vegas show within the next year?
    No.  If so they would have postponed not cancelled.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,928
    I doubt it but no one knows for sure. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,120
    I wouldn't put money on it. It seems they could've easily rescheduled those shows between Denver and Ohana if they planned to play them again anytime soon.
  • Options
    I am assuming make up shows are a thing of the past now. It's too many IOUs floating out there for a rock band to worry about (let's not forget about Raleigh and Baltimore). I don't blame them. I wouldn't promise anything along these lines anymore if I were them. It's not like anyone is really going to boycott them long-term over this. Like Aziz Ansari said, "everything is just a *little* more shitty now."
    "Goddamn Romans. Sure know how to make a ... drum room." --Matt Cameron
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,392
    Only thing worse than the cancellation was trying In-n-Out for the first time. Bleh 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,679
    Only thing worse than the cancellation was trying In-n-Out for the first time. Bleh 
    It’s not good? 
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,322
    vitodacat said:
    I met him in 1994 after the second Boston Garden show.  I asked him what the two new songs they played were called.  He said "Immortality" and "Corduroy."  I asked which one was the one with the refrain "Hold on, hold on."  He wasn't sure what I was talking about.  As it turns out, they played "Immortality" and "Corduroy" back-to-back without any intervening chatter and, to my mind, in the audience, it was one song in two movements.  The "Hold On" thing was an improv, and Jeff either couldn't hear or didn't pay attention to whatever Eddie was singing over that improv.  (Note: this improv is not related to the song "Hold On" that later appeared on "Lost Dogs." Further note: the tour history on this site lists the "Hold On" from "Lost Dogs" as having been played at that Boston Garden show, but it's not that "Hold On"; it's an improv.)

Anyway, I've always felt privileged to have learned the titles of these two iconic Pearl Jam songs directly from Jeff.  I also met Ed and Dave A. that night.  Ed was very friendly.  He talked to us for a while.  Referring to "Saturday Night Live," he said, "We're going to go play that show in a few days."
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,322
    Lies!
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,542
    BF25394 said:
    vitodacat said:
    I met him in 1994 after the second Boston Garden show.  I asked him what the two new songs they played were called.  He said "Immortality" and "Corduroy."  I asked which one was the one with the refrain "Hold on, hold on."  He wasn't sure what I was talking about.  As it turns out, they played "Immortality" and "Corduroy" back-to-back without any intervening chatter and, to my mind, in the audience, it was one song in two movements.  The "Hold On" thing was an improv, and Jeff either couldn't hear or didn't pay attention to whatever Eddie was singing over that improv.  (Note: this improv is not related to the song "Hold On" that later appeared on "Lost Dogs." Further note: the tour history on this site lists the "Hold On" from "Lost Dogs" as having been played at that Boston Garden show, but it's not that "Hold On"; it's an improv.)

Anyway, I've always felt privileged to have learned the titles of these two iconic Pearl Jam songs directly from Jeff.  I also met Ed and Dave A. that night.  Ed was very friendly.  He talked to us for a while.  Referring to "Saturday Night Live," he said, "We're going to go play that show in a few days."
    Great story! Very cool and awesome memory. 
  • Options
    SpartanacusSpartanacus Oviedo, FL Posts: 822
    edited May 2022
    BF25394 said:
    Lies!
    In my opinion the fries aren't that good (McDonald's and Wendy's are far superior), but the burgers are pretty damn good.  However, after having a lot of their burgers sober by day, I finally had a late night 'Double Double - Animal Style' after a night out recently and it was the best burger I've ever had.  
    Post edited by Spartanacus on
    19 Pearl Jam shows and still searching for Deep!
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,208
    I only get to have In N Out when I go to the the US, and only went I go southwestish.

I enjoyed my In N Out.  Burgers are really good, friend are kind of meh, so I order them animal style.

The rest of the food in San Fran was amazing though.  I'd never seen so many amazing places to eat within a few blocks walk of a hotel.  Unexpected highlight of the trip.